Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sorena Click here to enlarge
    The interior is a huge improvement. Let's not be nitpick, no one buys or don't buy a Corvette for it's interior. I'm disappointed with the tail design. Not feeling it at all.
    I disagree... most corvette owners are not like "us" most leave their cars stock and do not race them, they want enjoy high quality interiors and materials both inside and out. I hear all the time from my customers who are previous corvette owners who have moved on to more luxurious cars because of the lack of refinement inside the car. @Sticky hit it right on the nose with his 17k car interior comment. I am not a corvette hater i acutally really like the car and overall history of the brand but the current interior is garbage. This is the perfect time for GM to setup up and create the total package or at LEAST offer it. Make a stripped down base model with a big motor yet offer a upgraded interior and get rid of all the plastic junk everywhere. Have any of you been in the new Camaro? also a big mis hit and it appears alot of the styling of that car will be pushed into this generation corvette.. not a step in the right direction IMO

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    The thing Europeans dont get is that the Vette isnt trying to be European... For that matter most Americans brands are not trying to be European. The Vette is its own distinctive flavor whether it be styling, performance, costs etc...

When Chevy has tried to get fancy with the Vette it has not been successful. Take the first Gen ZR1 for instance, it was a great DOHC Multivalve motor but totally out of the Corvette driving style. It was not a hit and went thru styling and HP revisions in order to sell. The second gen car hit very close to home. That being said American vs Euro vs Asian vs Italian design conversations will always lead to differences in opinion. Each region has their own styles, tastes and needs thus the cars differ in many ways.

IMO the Vette needs a few things to make it a more rounded car, not euro but more rounded.

1. Seats: They need a serious standard seat or Recaro type option like a Boss or Porsche would have. Buying a car that can pull 1G on a skidpad and you cant stay in your seat sucks. Ask me how I know
    2. Materials: The Viper took a major step forward in material look, feel and smell. The Vette needs to match that step forward with better materials to give a nice feel to the car.
    3. Technology: Quality Nav/Stereo/Bluetooth along with things like rain sensing wipers would go a long way. I personally like the HUD setup but its not for everyone.

Couple those changes with some things the Carbon Cermanic brakes, Mag Shocks, IRS and sticky tires like the current gen has and you have one hell of a car. But the balance is not driving up the price point beyond a certain level in order to appeal to its customer base. Cost of scale for a fairly limited production car make it hard to keep the costs down and give the quality of a Euro car. Chevy needs to do a better job in those area's to really give a better interior. My personal opinion of the new Vette is I'd rather buy a C6Z at this moment based on the designs released I dont love them at all. I have been in a prototype that was stored here at a dealer in NJ. But its was heavy camo and the dash was covered. The gauges were nice IMO but we'll see the total package soon enough.
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

apparantly, a friend of my uncles, who hit the powerball a few months ago, pre-ordered one and will be there in february. Ive never met the man myself, but will do my best to make sure we know whats up as soon as possible, and try to get him at some events

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    It isn't much to ask that their interior doesn't look like some POS from a $17k economy car.
    With cars, you get to pick 2 of the 3:
    • Performance
    • Reliable
    • Cheap

The Z06 is probably the ONLY car that I can think that you get all 3 (EX: the Porsche Turbos & GTRs are both reliable, high performance cars, but I don't think anyone would describe them as "cheap").

Naturally, the interior is biggest "budget" element in the car. I completely agree with Sledge tho, after what Ford has done with the Mustangs & Dodge on the Viper (the interior being the most noticeable), the Vette's gonna need a similar treatment
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    The Z06 is probably the ONLY car that I can think that you get all 3 (EX: the Porsche Turbos & GTRs are both reliable, high performance cars, but I don't think anyone would describe them as "cheap").
    well, they are equal in price to purchase.. gotta remember, the GTR was brought out to be the JDM supercar nullificator also

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sledgehammer Click here to enlarge
    For that matter most Americans brands are not trying to be European. The Vette is its own distinctive flavor whether it be styling, performance, costs etc...
    That's all fine and dandy but why is it the flavor of the Vette comes with a junk interior? Mimicking European interior quality and improving the car is a good thing. It's almost like we just accept poor quality in certain areas from American car companies because we are used to it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

IMO, The reason the interior is the way it is is because some suit from within GM decided that the R&D put into a more premium feeling interior wouldn't pay off. I feel like it would pay off big time.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

That's all fine and dandy but why is it the flavor of the Vette comes with a junk interior? Mimicking European interior quality and improving the car is a good thing. It's almost like we just accept poor quality in certain areas from American car companies because we are used to it.
    As I said... The Vette is not attempting to be European or mimic them. The quality of the car compared to European cars in terms of reliability is pretty damn high. But as stated ergonomically the car has room to go, especially with seating & material feel. Beyond that my feeling is many Euro owners dig Vettes but are used to a different feel to their interiors and thus wont jump over. Something else to consider is that the Vette brand has an insanely consistent and loyal customer base. Much like the 911 and Ferrari customer, their customers buy over and over again. They have their target market and cater to it well, conquest sales are not their first thought.
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

im actually suprised GM didnt do better...i mean look at cadillac as a whole....they finally got their $#@! together in interior design....i wouldnt mind a vette taking alot of cues from the caddy at all...i would have thought that maybe GM decided to make a quality interior in the caddy to see the response they get back and translate it into everything else....guess that didnt happen....
    "We need to upgrade your skill before we upgrade your horsepower"

-Tommy to Josh

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

After seeing the '13 Viper stepping up their game on the interior end of things and utilizing the same leather distributor Ferrari uses, GM better think this through carefully. I agree with many of the other posts. Looks like the old interior...BOOOO!

PS back end looks a lil Camaro-ish. I hope they didn't drop the ball on this one. Still think the C6 ZO6 is arguably the most car per dollar on the market. Ya, the interior sucks, but there is no denying, the damn thing performs and the reliability is there.
    Baron (my last name)
    Anesthesia Provider
    CHICAGO

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    well, they are equal in price to purchase.. gotta remember, the GTR was brought out to be the JDM supercar nullificator also
    That is truu...... While they're for completely different drivers, you get A LOT more bang for your buck with the GTR

.... Or do you??
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

All i know is that my next car will be a used C6 Z06. Im not feelin the C7 at all. Interior isnt too different from the C6, although its a baby step in the right direction

The interior change from the 05-09 Mustangs to the '10-1X Mustangs was (in my personal opinion) a huge upgrade, and the prices of the cars didnt jump up. If Ford can do it, GM can.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

As I said... The Vette is not attempting to be European or mimic them. The quality of the car compared to European cars in terms of reliability is pretty damn high. But as stated ergonomically the car has room to go, especially with seating & material feel. Beyond that my feeling is many Euro owners dig Vettes but are used to a different feel to their interiors and thus wont jump over. Something else to consider is that the Vette brand has an insanely consistent and loyal customer base. Much like the 911 and Ferrari customer, their customers buy over and over again. They have their target market and cater to it well, conquest sales are not their first thought.
    You don't have to copy the Europeans. A quality interior is a quality interior. Why accept the Vette with its just interior once again? It's supposed to be junk because that is the Vettes style?

It's easy to be a loyal Vette customer at its price point. People are loyal Ferrari customers for a different reason.

The Vette does well and that's nice, that doesn't mean the interior needs to be a pile of crap.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ultimateendz Click here to enlarge
    im actually suprised GM didnt do better...i mean look at cadillac as a whole....they finally got their $#@! together in interior design....i wouldnt mind a vette taking alot of cues from the caddy at all...i would have thought that maybe GM decided to make a quality interior in the caddy to see the response they get back and translate it into everything else....guess that didnt happen....
    I'm surprised too, the CTS finally got it together.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

You don't have to copy the Europeans. A quality interior is a quality interior. Why accept the Vette with its just interior once again? It's supposed to be junk because that is the Vettes style?

It's easy to be a loyal Vette customer at its price point. People are loyal Ferrari customers for a different reason.

The Vette does well and that's nice, that doesn't mean the interior needs to be a pile of crap.
    To each their own! Since the car has not been released yet, I cant attest to the texture and feel of the materials being used. Nor can anyone else outside of GM at this point. As I stated they have room to improve and with the Viper stepping up I can only hope they do the same. However in fairness the Viper is certainly higher priced than a base Vette and is closer to the exotic car maket price wise. But thats neither here nor there.

In regards to the Ferrari's they are far from highest quality cars, they have not been reliable or put together the best until the last several years or so. Having owned a 88 Ferrari 328GTS and 1998 355 F1 and still in possession of a 85 288 GTO with just over 4K on her. My experience has been lackluster forcing me to move on from them quickly. The 355 suffered from repeated problems with its F1 trans over a 6 month period till the dealer bought it back, meanwhile issues with the electric windows and AC persisted. The 328 was less problematic its biggest issue was that it leaked from the removable roof and a low rpm stutter that never went away for 2yrs of driving. That 328 was actually my first car and my first Ferrari and I loved it because of what it was I was 17 and it was cool. However in retrospect it was a pain in the ass and expensive to maintain.

Ferrari customers are a very unique breed of customer to say the least and they offer something that no other brand offers IMO. They are an exceptional brand from a passion, racing and branding standpoint.
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

I don't think the Vipers interior is all that good either. I want this car to finally be good inside and out. They should just have someone else design the interior as from these photos it is basically the same crappy layout. It doesn't look very modern.

How does a Mini Cooper have a better interior than the Vette at a far lower price?

Ferrari interiors sure are better.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

The thing Europeans dont get is that the Vette isnt trying to be European... For that matter most Americans brands are not trying to be European. The Vette is its own distinctive flavor whether it be styling, performance, costs etc...

When Chevy has tried to get fancy with the Vette it has not been successful. Take the first Gen ZR1 for instance, it was a great DOHC Multivalve motor but totally out of the Corvette driving style. It was not a hit and went thru styling and HP revisions in order to sell. The second gen car hit very close to home. That being said American vs Euro vs Asian vs Italian design conversations will always lead to differences in opinion. Each region has their own styles, tastes and needs thus the cars differ in many ways.
    I agree that Corvettes and 911's are very different machines. As the result of that, they have very different buyers too. So a Audi-like interior absolutely won't be enough to attract 911-royalists to Corvette.

But i disagree with the fancy part. What's fancy about DOHC? It is nothing new or fancy, it wasn't even at that era when the ZR-1 came. The only point of using OHV is having a smaller head. GM is using DOHC in all it's engines except the LS/LT engines. These days people are considering cam-less engines. Using OHV in these days, is outdated.
    Same is true with the leaf springs. It's not a car to haul stuff, so why still using leaf springs?

Ditching things like i stated above IMHO isn't a step towards being European-wannabe or being less American, it's being up to date. Corvette has a lot of potential to be a better car, but it seems GM don't want such car.

In regards to the Ferrari's they are far from highest quality cars
    That is true, sadly.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

I agree ferrari's have thier issues....my father in law has had a f430 scuderia, vert f430, a f360, and a 92 512tr tesstorosa (15k orig miles, his current car) all in the past 5 years I've been with my wife. Every car had it's issues, and non of the new ones had over 10k miles on them. All the new ones kept getting check engine lights and seemed to always have a problem. They are a blast to drive, but I was always worried I would break them when I took them for a spin. The scuderia was my fav but that car was too raw for him and he only had it for a year.

Gm had no excuse for the poor interiors in the vette, it's not being European, it's producing a modern sports car with speed, agility, and creature comforts. Gm would get more younger buyers, like me, if they changed up the interior to be more Audi-ish, BMW, or even the new caddys.....I won't buy one till they do. I'd rather buy a used 911, m3, gtr, or r8...
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Going to wait until I see real pics, before I form my opinion.

GM did put out this video. Guess they at least did put some forethought into making the interior better.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sorena Click here to enlarge
    I agree that Corvettes and 911's are very different machines. As the result of that, they have very different buyers too. So a Audi-like interior absolutely won't be enough to attract 911-royalists to Corvette.

But i disagree with the fancy part. What's fancy about DOHC? It is nothing new or fancy, it wasn't even at that era when the ZR-1 came. The only point of using OHV is having a smaller head. GM is using DOHC in all it's engines except the LS/LT engines. These days people are considering cam-less engines. Using OHV in these days, is outdated.
    Same is true with the leaf springs. It's not a car to haul stuff, so why still using leaf springs?

Ditching things like i stated above IMHO isn't a step towards being European-wannabe or being less American, it's being up to date. Corvette has a lot of potential to be a better car, but it seems GM don't want such car.

That is true, sadly.
    The thing with the Vette motor is that its always been a small block V8 or a Big Block. Always been cam in block, no OHC setups etc... The Lotus designed motor was a masterpiece without question. But for the traditional Vette buyer of that day it was way out of their perspective. They wanted a serious small block based motor.

Had they released a comparable type of motor today with the advent on the market it would likely sell. But the traditional buyer would flip and they would need to get new buyers to get away with long term. Which they very well could IMO. Alot of this is about tradition and things like the leaf spring setup are part of it.

I for one would love a 6.0L V8 with DOCH and 32V's with tq... Along with a coil spring suspension to boot.

Amazingly the Vette has done exceedingly well with leaf springs and modernized small blocks.
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

looks like the interior is from a supra like someone already stated. Also reminds me of the old c4 corvette interiors. they had that long swooping edge that separated the dash from the passenger and focused it more on the driver. the rear kinda looks like a more agressive 2010+ camaro....idk if i like it. Do not like the gauges at all. fail.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Lol
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

Now that's a Vette.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Needs more supportive seats and some better leather interior. I would leave the rest of the car alone, leaf spring suspension and all. It works very well because it is simple in design...but when I sat in my friends C5 and C6, all I could think of was 'these window buttons are the same they use in a cavalier...cheap plastic stuff'. The doors seem to close with a plasticky rattle, not a solid 'thud' like in a 911 or a BMW.

If GM would just take a little bit of cue from the europeans, I bet they would have a crazy influx of new car buyers. Even just offer it as an option? So if mr cowboy from texas still wants his cavalier interior he can have it...but if mr new yorker wants raw power and amazing handling with a touch of class, he can opt for a 'luxury package' that will give him more supportive seats, Nappa leather and a hand stitched dashboard. To be honest that is the only reason I do not like the vette...is the cheap looking interior. Change it up and you will have me as a customer for life.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Itsbrokeagain Click here to enlarge
    If GM would just take a little bit of cue from the europeans, I bet they would have a crazy influx of new car buyers.
    That's how I feel. I'd consider it but for too long the Vette has had those cheap parts plasticky parts. It just loses prestige due to it which the European have.

Chevy has a great history with the Vette. The C1, C2, C3, didn't look like crap on the inside. They actually set the standard at one point.

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12