Close

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: 03 EVO 8 Build

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bigdnno98 Click here to enlarge
    Not a lot of money per se. I found the 4G64 block and crank for $475. I sold my 4G63 block for $600. I'm selling my 4G63 crank for $250. I actually made money in that regards. I'm giving my mechanic an extra Garret DBB GT35r I had laying around for part of my labor costs Click here to enlarge Biggest hit will be the engine internals. I will raise the asking price of the car $2k probably to cover the engine build. I'm pretty sure I can sell a 600AWHP with a new engine and new drivetrain for $25k. If not, I guess I'll have to keep it Click here to enlarge Wife can't really complain if the car doesn't sell I guess. I've been told, no more drag racing too. She didnt say anything about street racing though haha.
    I'm staying single. Forget having some girl tell me what I can or can't spend money on. F that.

I'm also done spending money on women, they are too expensive and I could have a whole ton of cool $#@! for what they cost. Over it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

LOL what do you mean?

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    How the hell do you get this thing to stay together?
    2011 335is DCT, JB4 + MHD BEF, stage 2 LPFP, e50 + 50/50 meth, FBO, MT ET Streets when needed

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Alright, so..... 4G64 block and crank purchased. On its way to the maching shop for bore, hone, line bore and deck the block, and balance and polish the crank. Internals also ordered:

Weisco 1400HD 2.4L pistons
    MAP 156mm Ultimate Duty Billet Steel Rods
    ACL Race bearings
    Cometic 2.4L Head Gasket
    MAP H11 Head Studs
    ARP Main Studs
    New 4G64 Oil Pump
    New 2003 Outlander Water Pump

Still gonna be a while on build though. I'm out of funds for now but the engine builder said he'd start on the new motor when it got out of the machine shop. If I need any more parts, it'll have to wait a little while.
    2011 335is DCT, JB4 + MHD BEF, stage 2 LPFP, e50 + 50/50 meth, FBO, MT ET Streets when needed

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)

Alright, so..... 4G64 block and crank purchased. On its way to the maching shop for bore, hone, line bore and deck the block, and balance and polish the crank. Internals also ordered:

ACL Race bearings
    Cometic 2.4L Head Gasket
    MAP H11 Head Studs
    ARP Main Studs
    New 4G64 Oil Pump

Still gonna be a while on build though. I'm out of funds for now but the engine builder said he'd start on the new motor when it got out of the machine shop. If I need any more parts, it'll have to wait a little while.
    This is how you get it to stay together Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Thanks!

This is how you get it to stay together Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

ACL Race bearings
    Cometic 2.4L Head Gasket
    MAP H11 Head Studs
    ARP Main Studs
    New 4G64 Oil Pump

Oring that block too! This thing is ganna be a rocket.
    | 1997 Estoril M3 - TURBO - |
    Click here to enlarge
    | GT3582R | 8.5:1 forged internals | ARP stuffs | SS oring block & Elring HG | Fully balanced & blueprinted 3.3L S52 |
    | Nick G custom tune | 46mm Precision gate | 62# injectors | Dual 255's |

Goal to be the first GT35r E36 to: 30 psi, 140+ mph, < 6 second 60-130

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rt turbo Click here to enlarge
    I'm getting conflicting reports on o-ringing the block. The EVO shop in Knoxville, TN says o-ring it. My machine shop says he's built 1000HP 4G64s and recommends not to o-ring it. same as my engine builder, he says no need. I'm kind of stuck. I'm not sure what to do. Maybe I'll email AMS later today and see what they say. Also, I guess I'm going to just tune it on pump gas once finished. I've realized that I've outgrown my fuel pump now for e85. My current fuel setup should support over 500HP on pump gas. It was struggling to support 500HP on e85 though. If I keep the car, I'll need to decide on what type of fuel upgrade to do. Do I add an inline pump? Do I add a BAP? Do I swap my single 416lph e85 pump for 2 255 pumps? will 2 255 pumps be enough? or do i need 2 416lph pumps? IDK. still alot of questions to be answered. I'm in the process of pickup up a COP for it. At least when I sell it, no one will be able to say it wasn't built correctly. lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    No disrespect to AMS, but also give a call to David Buschur as well. I hope you finally get to enjoy the Evo this time around.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

DB is a good idea. English Racing is tuning the car so I've also asked Aaron at English what he recommends. I just shot DB an email too.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by RnmEvo9 Click here to enlarge
    No disrespect to AMS, but also give a call to David Buschur as well. I hope you finally get to enjoy the Evo this time around.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Looks like o-ring it is. MAP and AMS say o-ring the block. i haven't heard back from Buscher or English yet.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rt turbo Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)

Fackkkk piston rings are the worst man. I'm sorry for that. At lest you're going bigger and built!
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yeah, It's just hard finding shops that actually know what they're doing. I know a couple, they might be really good at domestics or really good at hondas but i've learned the hard way, if they're not good at YOUR platform, things can get really screwed up fast and cost a lot of extra damn money. I talked to a machine shop that was highly recommended about machining my 2.4L block. I told them I needed it bored, honed, decked, line bored o-ringed and the crank balanced and polished. this was per the advice of my buddy that works at an EVO shop a few hours from here and from my engine builder. The maching shop said they do not recommend o-ringing the block. Now I'm scared to use them. The EVO experts say o-ring the block so that's what Im going to do I guess. Now I'm worried to let my engine builder build it cause he's an SRT-4 guy and not an EVO guy. He said I should be fine with just a good head gasket and prob don't need o-ringing. $#@!. I'm prob going to have to send the motor to my buddy 3 hours from here so a real EVO shop can build it. Of course gonna bust my budget. Why do things never cost the budgeted amount? $#@!.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    Fackkkk piston rings are the worst man. I'm sorry for that. At lest you're going bigger and built!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Dammit, just heard from my tuner, English Racing and they do not o-ring 4G64 blocks. $#@!. I don't know what to do or who to listen to.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

I would do what the guy who is going to work on it wants to/is comfortable with doing. If you really feel it should be done another way, you might want to find someone else to do it then. Seems like it is six of one and a half a dozen of the other with regads to using o rings.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

So after speaking to everyone in the EVO world today, I'm no closer to an answer than before.

Say O-ring:
    AMS
    MAP
    David Buscher from Buscher Racing
    Semi-Local EVO shop
    Track One (Local Race shop)

Say don't O-ring
    English Racing (my tuner)
    My engine builder
    My machine shop
    local mitsu guys

I'm gonna call a couple different machine shops and try to make a decision.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

No offense to your local guys, but I think I would go with the pros that have proven to build high hp and record breaking evo's. Your debate seems to be one sided if you look at it (proven evo builds being the way I'm leaning).

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Well, my tuner is English Racing. Just a big a shop as AMS or Buscher. English says they're unnecessary. I'm still undecided but am thinking no o-rings.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by justohigh Click here to enlarge
    No offense to your local guys, but I think I would go with the pros that have proven to build high hp and record breaking evo's. Your debate seems to be one sided if you look at it (proven evo builds being the way I'm leaning).

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

2.4L long rod?? What kind of costs are we talking about here? And this thing better make 800 WHP with that type of investment.
    2007 335i (100% stock with mods)

N54 is not a German 2JZ lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

It'll prob do 650HP with the turbo that's on it right now. If I were to keep it I'd send my spare GT35r to Forced Performance and have it upgraded to an HTA3586r turbo that would do 800hp

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Motor is gonna cost $3k prob.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)

It'll prob do 650HP with the turbo that's on it right now. If I were to keep it I'd send my spare GT35r to Forced Performance and have it upgraded to an HTA3586r turbo that would do 800hp
    Why not keep it then?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

just now seeing this. that sux.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Wife says it has to go.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Wife says it has to go.
    You sure the wife doesn't have to go?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

You sure the wife doesn't have to go?
    Cheaper to keep her lol. Been married over 10yrs. She'd get half my retirement and everything else. A lot cheaper to just get a new car haha.

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast