Close

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 175 of 338

Thread: 03 EVO 8 Build

  1. #151
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,697
    Rep Points
    31,533.2
    Mentioned
    2063 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rt turbo Click here to enlarge
    Is that extreme tuners the ones from Greece? The rods look different but maybe they have a set thats not so extreme.
    Yep they seem to do INCREDIBLE work...

  2. #152
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,200
    Rep Points
    2,097.2
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    21


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Holy $#@!, lag until 9k when it takes off! Holy lag but freaking awesome!
    Last edited by The Ghost; 04-08-2013 at 10:39 AM.
    Change is constant

  3. #153
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Clarksville, TN
    Posts
    3,853
    Rep Points
    2,387.6
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    24



    Reputation: Yes | No
    well, got it all figured out as of right now. In the process of tuning. Went to the local 1/8mi last night to practice launching. haha, i def need to practice or i'm going to break this very expensive drive train i just bought lol. Can't wait to finish the tune. I think i might hold on to it for a while Click here to enlarge had my eye on 2 different n54s too. IDK........
    2011 335is DCT, JB4 + MHD BEF, stage 2 LPFP, e50 + 50/50 meth, FBO, MT ET Streets when needed


  4. #154
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Clarksville, TN
    Posts
    3,853
    Rep Points
    2,387.6
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    24



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Couple of pics.

    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlarge
    2011 335is DCT, JB4 + MHD BEF, stage 2 LPFP, e50 + 50/50 meth, FBO, MT ET Streets when needed


  5. #155
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Clarksville, TN
    Posts
    3,853
    Rep Points
    2,387.6
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    24



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Blew a head gasket Click here to enlarge

    I $#@!ing hate this car........
    2011 335is DCT, JB4 + MHD BEF, stage 2 LPFP, e50 + 50/50 meth, FBO, MT ET Streets when needed


  6. #156
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    2,450
    Rep Points
    1,750.9
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    18


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bigdnno98 Click here to enlarge
    Blew a head gasket Click here to enlarge

    I $#@!ing hate this car........
    That sucks. My suggestion is fix it and get rid of it ASAP. It sounds like it is just becoming a money pit.

    Did you ever get fully tuned dyno numbers?

  7. #157
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Clarksville, TN
    Posts
    3,853
    Rep Points
    2,387.6
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    24



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Never got fully tuned dyno numbers lol. Ill be getting rid of it as soon as it gets out of the shop. I have a couple decent trade offers. Ill be taking 1 ASAP.
    2011 335is DCT, JB4 + MHD BEF, stage 2 LPFP, e50 + 50/50 meth, FBO, MT ET Streets when needed


  8. #158
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    10
    Rep Points
    26.5
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Sorry to hear about your troubles, I've enjoyed watching this project come together. At least you got to have a bit of fun among the rest of the headaches.

    Good luck with your next scheme!

  9. #159
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,697
    Rep Points
    31,533.2
    Mentioned
    2063 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    I know all about headaches man...

  10. #160
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    306
    Rep Points
    268.1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    Reputation: Yes | No
    HG on Evos are cake to fix! What HG was on there? I would upgrade head studs, oring that thing, and put the best HG on for orings (not sure what that is for Evos) and be done with it. Either the HG setup was not proper for your power or your tune is suspect, because Evos make double you power with no HG problems.
    | 1997 Estoril M3 - TURBO - |
    Click here to enlarge
    | GT3582R | 8.5:1 forged internals | ARP stuffs | SS oring block & Elring HG | Fully balanced & blueprinted 3.3L S52 |
    | Nick G custom tune | 46mm Precision gate | 62# injectors | Dual 255's |

    Goal to be the first GT35r E36 to: 30 psi, 140+ mph, < 6 second 60-130

  11. #161
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Clarksville, TN
    Posts
    3,853
    Rep Points
    2,387.6
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    24



    Reputation: Yes | No
    I had an aftermarket HG and i have ARP headstuds. Car overheated, that's why it blew a HG. I had a small leak in the turbo coolant line and didn't know. the coolant was evaporating and not dripping so i didn't notice. I ended up racing wtih no coolant prob. It got super hot on a pull with the 335i, i pulled over but it was too late.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rt turbo Click here to enlarge
    HG on Evos are cake to fix! What HG was on there? I would upgrade head studs, oring that thing, and put the best HG on for orings (not sure what that is for Evos) and be done with it. Either the HG setup was not proper for your power or your tune is suspect, because Evos make double you power with no HG problems.
    2011 335is DCT, JB4 + MHD BEF, stage 2 LPFP, e50 + 50/50 meth, FBO, MT ET Streets when needed


  12. #162
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    The world...
    Posts
    1,331
    Rep Points
    1,202.2
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    13


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Excellent cars but i would never have one as a daily... it would be a fully built weekend warrior only. Although mine would make like 900 wheel with one of those absurd AMS packages.
    2007 335i (100% stock with mods)

    N54 is not a German 2JZ lol

  13. #163
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Clarksville, TN
    Posts
    3,853
    Rep Points
    2,387.6
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    24



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Well piston rings are fried. Compression is bad in all 4 cylinders. I'm picking up a 2.4L 4G64 block next week. Looks like its 600+ HP time. Sucks I had a buyer too.
    2011 335is DCT, JB4 + MHD BEF, stage 2 LPFP, e50 + 50/50 meth, FBO, MT ET Streets when needed


  14. #164
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    England
    Posts
    523
    Rep Points
    582.2
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bigdnno98 Click here to enlarge
    Well piston rings are fried. Compression is bad in all 4 cylinders. I'm picking up a 2.4L 4G64 block next week. Looks like its 600+ HP time. Sucks I had a buyer too.
    You have had your share of bad luck with that car, I would have torched it by now!
    Click here to enlarge
    335i ~ JB4 ~ BMS ~ DCI ~ Active Autowerks CP & BOV ~ Borla Catback Exhaust

  15. #165
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Clarksville, TN
    Posts
    3,853
    Rep Points
    2,387.6
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    24



    Reputation: Yes | No
    I almost did yesterday lol. I have too much money invested in it though. I'm going to fix it and sell it. It'll sell pretty easy with a new built 2.4L
    2011 335is DCT, JB4 + MHD BEF, stage 2 LPFP, e50 + 50/50 meth, FBO, MT ET Streets when needed


  16. #166
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    England
    Posts
    523
    Rep Points
    582.2
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bigdnno98 Click here to enlarge
    I almost did yesterday lol. I have too much money invested in it though. I'm going to fix it and sell it. It'll sell pretty easy with a new built 2.4L
    Yeh and at least the new buyer will know that it has been done properly, good luck mate, you deserve it.
    Click here to enlarge
    335i ~ JB4 ~ BMS ~ DCI ~ Active Autowerks CP & BOV ~ Borla Catback Exhaust

  17. #167
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Clarksville, TN
    Posts
    3,853
    Rep Points
    2,387.6
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    24



    Reputation: Yes | No
    2.4L block and crank purchased. Shopping around now for pistons, rods, rings, bearings and studs. I already have a buyer for my 4G63 bare block. I trying to make sure I buy the best parts possible for this motor. I want it to be perfect. I'm thinking Manley turbo tuff rods, JE pistons and rings, ACL race bearings and L19 APR studs. I need to figure out exactly what head hasket and timing belt they're using on this 2.4L block/2.0 head build.
    2011 335is DCT, JB4 + MHD BEF, stage 2 LPFP, e50 + 50/50 meth, FBO, MT ET Streets when needed


  18. #168
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    1,958
    Rep Points
    2,641.0
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    27


    Reputation: Yes | No
    wow.... never ending bs huh...
    09 6AT 335i Coupe M-Sport - SOLD
    Current - 16 Jeep Wrangler - Few Mods
    Looking for a n54 project e90/e82

  19. #169
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    306
    Rep Points
    268.1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    Reputation: Yes | No
    God, if I didn't completely burn the Evo bridge with my wife, I'd seriously consider a trade for my turbo m3 or buy it and sell that.

    Sorry to hear about your luck with it. How did you find it was the rings? Or did you assume after a compression test? Maybe you just lifted the head badly, that would cause compression loss in cylinders. Did you try a leakdown? You can pressurize the cylinder and see where the air comes out of. If it comes out of exhaust or intake, its your valves, if its coming from crankcase vent it is your ring seal.
    | 1997 Estoril M3 - TURBO - |
    Click here to enlarge
    | GT3582R | 8.5:1 forged internals | ARP stuffs | SS oring block & Elring HG | Fully balanced & blueprinted 3.3L S52 |
    | Nick G custom tune | 46mm Precision gate | 62# injectors | Dual 255's |

    Goal to be the first GT35r E36 to: 30 psi, 140+ mph, < 6 second 60-130

  20. #170
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Clarksville, TN
    Posts
    3,853
    Rep Points
    2,387.6
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    24



    Reputation: Yes | No
    I had the head machined because it was warped. The machine shop did a pressure test on the head and it was good. once we put the motor back together it was running weird. we did a compression test and all cylinders were between 80-120. My shop said I didn't need a leakdown because the head was pressure tested at the maching shop. We just assume it's rings.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rt turbo Click here to enlarge
    God, if I didn't completely burn the Evo bridge with my wife, I'd seriously consider a trade for my turbo m3 or buy it and sell that.

    Sorry to hear about your luck with it. How did you find it was the rings? Or did you assume after a compression test? Maybe you just lifted the head badly, that would cause compression loss in cylinders. Did you try a leakdown? You can pressurize the cylinder and see where the air comes out of. If it comes out of exhaust or intake, its your valves, if its coming from crankcase vent it is your ring seal.
    2011 335is DCT, JB4 + MHD BEF, stage 2 LPFP, e50 + 50/50 meth, FBO, MT ET Streets when needed


  21. #171
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Clarksville, TN
    Posts
    3,853
    Rep Points
    2,387.6
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    24



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Haha I know exactly what you mean with the wife. She hates this car and says it has to go once it's fixed. LOL.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rt turbo Click here to enlarge
    God, if I didn't completely burn the Evo bridge with my wife, I'd seriously consider a trade for my turbo m3 or buy it and sell that.

    Sorry to hear about your luck with it. How did you find it was the rings? Or did you assume after a compression test? Maybe you just lifted the head badly, that would cause compression loss in cylinders. Did you try a leakdown? You can pressurize the cylinder and see where the air comes out of. If it comes out of exhaust or intake, its your valves, if its coming from crankcase vent it is your ring seal.
    2011 335is DCT, JB4 + MHD BEF, stage 2 LPFP, e50 + 50/50 meth, FBO, MT ET Streets when needed


  22. #172
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Luxembourg
    Posts
    1,191
    Rep Points
    917.6
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bigdnno98 Click here to enlarge
    2.4L block and crank purchased. Shopping around now for pistons, rods, rings, bearings and studs. I already have a buyer for my 4G63 bare block. I trying to make sure I buy the best parts possible for this motor. I want it to be perfect. I'm thinking Manley turbo tuff rods, JE pistons and rings, ACL race bearings and L19 APR studs. I need to figure out exactly what head hasket and timing belt they're using on this 2.4L block/2.0 head build.
    Wow, sounds like dumping alot of $$$ into a car that you'll sell immediately, no? I hope you find a buyer who appreciates what went into the build.
    E92 335i SB / Black Leather / 6AT / Navi Prof / Sunroof / Active Steering
    Mods: Performance Seats / Performance Exhaust / RB Turbos / M3 CF Roof / Brembo GT BBK 355/345 / Rollcage / M3 Mirrors / Forge FMIC / QUAIFE LSD / Ohlins R&T / M3 Suspension Parts / Vorshlag Camberplates / Megan Toe Links / LeatherZ Gauges / Extended M3 DCT Paddles / ER Sports OC / AR OC / Aux Radiator / AR catted DP / COBB Pro-Tune
    Next: GTS Wing

  23. #173
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Clarksville, TN
    Posts
    3,853
    Rep Points
    2,387.6
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    24



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Not a lot of money per se. I found the 4G64 block and crank for $475. I sold my 4G63 block for $600. I'm selling my 4G63 crank for $250. I actually made money in that regards. I'm giving my mechanic an extra Garret DBB GT35r I had laying around for part of my labor costs Click here to enlarge Biggest hit will be the engine internals. I will raise the asking price of the car $2k probably to cover the engine build. I'm pretty sure I can sell a 600AWHP with a new engine and new drivetrain for $25k. If not, I guess I'll have to keep it Click here to enlarge Wife can't really complain if the car doesn't sell I guess. I've been told, no more drag racing too. She didnt say anything about street racing though haha.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Autobahn335i Click here to enlarge
    Wow, sounds like dumping alot of $$$ into a car that you'll sell immediately, no? I hope you find a buyer who appreciates what went into the build.
    2011 335is DCT, JB4 + MHD BEF, stage 2 LPFP, e50 + 50/50 meth, FBO, MT ET Streets when needed


  24. #174
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Luxembourg
    Posts
    1,191
    Rep Points
    917.6
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bigdnno98 Click here to enlarge
    Not a lot of money per se. I found the 4G64 block and crank for $475. I sold my 4G63 block for $600. I'm selling my 4G63 crank for $250. I actually made money in that regards. I'm giving my mechanic an extra Garret DBB GT35r I had laying around for part of my labor costs Click here to enlarge Biggest hit will be the engine internals. I will raise the asking price of the car $2k probably to cover the engine build. I'm pretty sure I can sell a 600AWHP with a new engine and new drivetrain for $25k. If not, I guess I'll have to keep it Click here to enlarge Wife can't really complain if the car doesn't sell I guess. I've been told, no more drag racing too. She didnt say anything about street racing though haha.
    Damn, that's a bargain compared to prizes for BMW engines and parts.

    lol My better half would probably kill me if I blew an engine. I better not tell her how much I've put into modding my car Click here to enlarge
    E92 335i SB / Black Leather / 6AT / Navi Prof / Sunroof / Active Steering
    Mods: Performance Seats / Performance Exhaust / RB Turbos / M3 CF Roof / Brembo GT BBK 355/345 / Rollcage / M3 Mirrors / Forge FMIC / QUAIFE LSD / Ohlins R&T / M3 Suspension Parts / Vorshlag Camberplates / Megan Toe Links / LeatherZ Gauges / Extended M3 DCT Paddles / ER Sports OC / AR OC / Aux Radiator / AR catted DP / COBB Pro-Tune
    Next: GTS Wing

  25. #175
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,697
    Rep Points
    31,533.2
    Mentioned
    2063 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bigdnno98 Click here to enlarge
    Well piston rings are fried. Compression is bad in all 4 cylinders. I'm picking up a 2.4L 4G64 block next week. Looks like its 600+ HP time. Sucks I had a buyer too.
    How the hell do you get this thing to stay together?

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •