Close

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: 03 EVO 8 Build

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2063 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rt turbo Click here to enlarge
    Is that extreme tuners the ones from Greece? The rods look different but maybe they have a set thats not so extreme.
    Yep they seem to do INCREDIBLE work...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Holy $#@!, lag until 9k when it takes off! Holy lag but freaking awesome!
    Last edited by The Ghost; 04-08-2013 at 10:39 AM.
    Change is constant

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

well, got it all figured out as of right now. In the process of tuning. Went to the local 1/8mi last night to practice launching. haha, i def need to practice or i'm going to break this very expensive drive train i just bought lol. Can't wait to finish the tune. I think i might hold on to it for a while Click here to enlarge had my eye on 2 different n54s too. IDK........
    2011 335is DCT, JB4 + MHD BEF, stage 2 LPFP, e50 + 50/50 meth, FBO, MT ET Streets when needed

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Couple of pics.

Click here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlarge
    2011 335is DCT, JB4 + MHD BEF, stage 2 LPFP, e50 + 50/50 meth, FBO, MT ET Streets when needed

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Blew a head gasket Click here to enlarge

I $#@!ing hate this car........

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bigdnno98 Click here to enlarge
    Blew a head gasket Click here to enlarge

I $#@!ing hate this car........
    That sucks. My suggestion is fix it and get rid of it ASAP. It sounds like it is just becoming a money pit.

Did you ever get fully tuned dyno numbers?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Never got fully tuned dyno numbers lol. Ill be getting rid of it as soon as it gets out of the shop. I have a couple decent trade offers. Ill be taking 1 ASAP.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Sorry to hear about your troubles, I've enjoyed watching this project come together. At least you got to have a bit of fun among the rest of the headaches.

Good luck with your next scheme!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2063 Post(s)

I know all about headaches man...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

HG on Evos are cake to fix! What HG was on there? I would upgrade head studs, oring that thing, and put the best HG on for orings (not sure what that is for Evos) and be done with it. Either the HG setup was not proper for your power or your tune is suspect, because Evos make double you power with no HG problems.
    | 1997 Estoril M3 - TURBO - |
    Click here to enlarge
    | GT3582R | 8.5:1 forged internals | ARP stuffs | SS oring block & Elring HG | Fully balanced & blueprinted 3.3L S52 |
    | Nick G custom tune | 46mm Precision gate | 62# injectors | Dual 255's |

Goal to be the first GT35r E36 to: 30 psi, 140+ mph, < 6 second 60-130

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

I had an aftermarket HG and i have ARP headstuds. Car overheated, that's why it blew a HG. I had a small leak in the turbo coolant line and didn't know. the coolant was evaporating and not dripping so i didn't notice. I ended up racing wtih no coolant prob. It got super hot on a pull with the 335i, i pulled over but it was too late.

HG on Evos are cake to fix! What HG was on there? I would upgrade head studs, oring that thing, and put the best HG on for orings (not sure what that is for Evos) and be done with it. Either the HG setup was not proper for your power or your tune is suspect, because Evos make double you power with no HG problems.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Excellent cars but i would never have one as a daily... it would be a fully built weekend warrior only. Although mine would make like 900 wheel with one of those absurd AMS packages.
    2007 335i (100% stock with mods)

N54 is not a German 2JZ lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Well piston rings are fried. Compression is bad in all 4 cylinders. I'm picking up a 2.4L 4G64 block next week. Looks like its 600+ HP time. Sucks I had a buyer too.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Well piston rings are fried. Compression is bad in all 4 cylinders. I'm picking up a 2.4L 4G64 block next week. Looks like its 600+ HP time. Sucks I had a buyer too.
    You have had your share of bad luck with that car, I would have torched it by now!
    Click here to enlarge
    335i ~ JB4 ~ BMS ~ DCI ~ Active Autowerks CP & BOV ~ Borla Catback Exhaust

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

I almost did yesterday lol. I have too much money invested in it though. I'm going to fix it and sell it. It'll sell pretty easy with a new built 2.4L

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

I almost did yesterday lol. I have too much money invested in it though. I'm going to fix it and sell it. It'll sell pretty easy with a new built 2.4L
    Yeh and at least the new buyer will know that it has been done properly, good luck mate, you deserve it.
    Click here to enlarge
    335i ~ JB4 ~ BMS ~ DCI ~ Active Autowerks CP & BOV ~ Borla Catback Exhaust

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

2.4L block and crank purchased. Shopping around now for pistons, rods, rings, bearings and studs. I already have a buyer for my 4G63 bare block. I trying to make sure I buy the best parts possible for this motor. I want it to be perfect. I'm thinking Manley turbo tuff rods, JE pistons and rings, ACL race bearings and L19 APR studs. I need to figure out exactly what head hasket and timing belt they're using on this 2.4L block/2.0 head build.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

wow.... never ending bs huh...
    09 6AT 335i Coupe M-Sport - SOLD
    Current - 16 Jeep Wrangler - Few Mods
    Looking for a n54 project e90/e82

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

God, if I didn't completely burn the Evo bridge with my wife, I'd seriously consider a trade for my turbo m3 or buy it and sell that.

Sorry to hear about your luck with it. How did you find it was the rings? Or did you assume after a compression test? Maybe you just lifted the head badly, that would cause compression loss in cylinders. Did you try a leakdown? You can pressurize the cylinder and see where the air comes out of. If it comes out of exhaust or intake, its your valves, if its coming from crankcase vent it is your ring seal.
    | 1997 Estoril M3 - TURBO - |
    Click here to enlarge
    | GT3582R | 8.5:1 forged internals | ARP stuffs | SS oring block & Elring HG | Fully balanced & blueprinted 3.3L S52 |
    | Nick G custom tune | 46mm Precision gate | 62# injectors | Dual 255's |

Goal to be the first GT35r E36 to: 30 psi, 140+ mph, < 6 second 60-130

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

I had the head machined because it was warped. The machine shop did a pressure test on the head and it was good. once we put the motor back together it was running weird. we did a compression test and all cylinders were between 80-120. My shop said I didn't need a leakdown because the head was pressure tested at the maching shop. We just assume it's rings.

God, if I didn't completely burn the Evo bridge with my wife, I'd seriously consider a trade for my turbo m3 or buy it and sell that.

Sorry to hear about your luck with it. How did you find it was the rings? Or did you assume after a compression test? Maybe you just lifted the head badly, that would cause compression loss in cylinders. Did you try a leakdown? You can pressurize the cylinder and see where the air comes out of. If it comes out of exhaust or intake, its your valves, if its coming from crankcase vent it is your ring seal.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Haha I know exactly what you mean with the wife. She hates this car and says it has to go once it's fixed. LOL.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

2.4L block and crank purchased. Shopping around now for pistons, rods, rings, bearings and studs. I already have a buyer for my 4G63 bare block. I trying to make sure I buy the best parts possible for this motor. I want it to be perfect. I'm thinking Manley turbo tuff rods, JE pistons and rings, ACL race bearings and L19 APR studs. I need to figure out exactly what head hasket and timing belt they're using on this 2.4L block/2.0 head build.
    Wow, sounds like dumping alot of $$$ into a car that you'll sell immediately, no? I hope you find a buyer who appreciates what went into the build.
    E92 335i SB / Black Leather / 6AT / Navi Prof / Sunroof / Active Steering
    Mods: Performance Seats / Performance Exhaust / RB Turbos / M3 CF Roof / Brembo GT BBK 355/345 / Rollcage / M3 Mirrors / Forge FMIC / QUAIFE LSD / Ohlins R&T / M3 Suspension Parts / Vorshlag Camberplates / Megan Toe Links / LeatherZ Gauges / Extended M3 DCT Paddles / ER Sports OC / AR OC / Aux Radiator / AR catted DP / COBB Pro-Tune
    Next: GTS Wing

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Not a lot of money per se. I found the 4G64 block and crank for $475. I sold my 4G63 block for $600. I'm selling my 4G63 crank for $250. I actually made money in that regards. I'm giving my mechanic an extra Garret DBB GT35r I had laying around for part of my labor costs Click here to enlarge Biggest hit will be the engine internals. I will raise the asking price of the car $2k probably to cover the engine build. I'm pretty sure I can sell a 600AWHP with a new engine and new drivetrain for $25k. If not, I guess I'll have to keep it Click here to enlarge Wife can't really complain if the car doesn't sell I guess. I've been told, no more drag racing too. She didnt say anything about street racing though haha.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Autobahn335i Click here to enlarge
    Wow, sounds like dumping alot of $$$ into a car that you'll sell immediately, no? I hope you find a buyer who appreciates what went into the build.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Not a lot of money per se. I found the 4G64 block and crank for $475. I sold my 4G63 block for $600. I'm selling my 4G63 crank for $250. I actually made money in that regards. I'm giving my mechanic an extra Garret DBB GT35r I had laying around for part of my labor costs Click here to enlarge Biggest hit will be the engine internals. I will raise the asking price of the car $2k probably to cover the engine build. I'm pretty sure I can sell a 600AWHP with a new engine and new drivetrain for $25k. If not, I guess I'll have to keep it Click here to enlarge Wife can't really complain if the car doesn't sell I guess. I've been told, no more drag racing too. She didnt say anything about street racing though haha.
    Damn, that's a bargain compared to prizes for BMW engines and parts.

lol My better half would probably kill me if I blew an engine. I better not tell her how much I've put into modding my car Click here to enlarge
    E92 335i SB / Black Leather / 6AT / Navi Prof / Sunroof / Active Steering
    Mods: Performance Seats / Performance Exhaust / RB Turbos / M3 CF Roof / Brembo GT BBK 355/345 / Rollcage / M3 Mirrors / Forge FMIC / QUAIFE LSD / Ohlins R&T / M3 Suspension Parts / Vorshlag Camberplates / Megan Toe Links / LeatherZ Gauges / Extended M3 DCT Paddles / ER Sports OC / AR OC / Aux Radiator / AR catted DP / COBB Pro-Tune
    Next: GTS Wing

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2063 Post(s)

How the hell do you get this thing to stay together?

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast