Close

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: 03 EVO 8 Build

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

Keep your head up! As anything problems are and will always arise.

Just keep the end result in mind!

Goodluck!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

So I figured my problem may also eventually become a problem for the 335i platform so here you go. Basically since upgrading from a 255lph walboro to the 455lph or 416lph e85 (people are calling it different things these days) i have been running lean under high boost (30psi). The shop that did the work is not an EVO shop so they tried to tune the problem away and almost did it. Since I'm working with a top EVO tuner now, he immediately knew there was something wrong. I started with my fuel pressure at the rail. There is no way to log fuel pressure on an EVO so we all run aftermarket fuel pressure regulators with regular analog guages. I was getting 60psi at the rail and it really should be 43psi. i would try to reduce pressure on the FPR but pressure would not go down. After doing some research, this isn't a new problem on an EVO running that pump. I have upgraded -8an fuel feed line but still have stock return line. There is a "T" in the fuel tank that comines the fuel return and the siphon from the other side of the tank. i guess that "T" needs to be drilled out slightly and i need to upgrade my return line. this should lower my fuel rail pressure and allow the pump to keep up at +30psi of boost. I have to go out of town for a little while but i'll be attempting this fix when i get back. fingers crossed

http://forums.evolutionm.net/evo-eng...ro-400lph.html

http://forums.evolutionm.net/evo-eng...ould-know.html
    2011 335is DCT, JB4 + MHD BEF, stage 2 LPFP, e50 + 50/50 meth, FBO, MT ET Streets when needed

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Good luck man, sounds like a rather easy fix.
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bigdnno98 Click here to enlarge
    Here's the damage. May not look like much but when the car has been in the shop for the last 7 weeks and now has to go back for prob another 4 weeks. I'm just $#@!ing done man.

Attachment 26652Attachment 26650Attachment 26651
    Looks just like a broken tail light and some scuffs. A new tailight and a buff and it should look good as new. I wouldn't send it to a body shop or call insurance over something so minor. At least that is all I can see from the pictures. It doesn't look like any sheet metal is damaged.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

metal was bent over the tailight. Damage was $2k. bumper was trashed, tail light was trashed and the sheet metal was dented both over the tail light and a little on the quarter panel. Insurance said it wasn't my fault since it was hit and run. I just have to pay the deductible. Oh well.
    2011 335is DCT, JB4 + MHD BEF, stage 2 LPFP, e50 + 50/50 meth, FBO, MT ET Streets when needed

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

$#@! happens man. Same thing would have happened with any car.

Don't sell it over that.
    Change is constant

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

It just seems like it's always something with this car. I got ripped off for a $1600 tranny, shop had it for 7 weeks and still couldn't tune it, car gets hit in run in a parking lot=back in the shop for another month, now i can't finish the tune because i have some kind of fueling issue. I've just grown impatient with it and i miss my 335i.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bigdnno98 Click here to enlarge
    It just seems like it's always something with this car. I got ripped off for a $1600 tranny, shop had it for 7 weeks and still couldn't tune it, car gets hit in run in a parking lot=back in the shop for another month, now i can't finish the tune because i have some kind of fueling issue. I've just grown impatient with it and i miss my 335i.
    Welcome to the club of bad luck. Seems like these 2.0 are kind of a headache past 400whp.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yeah the only reason I haven't tried harder to sell it is, 1. i can't sell it till the fueling issue is fixed and i can finish the tune, and 2. the wife wants me to keep it. If it was up to me, it'd been gone a long time ago. I'm just not that patient with cars.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    Welcome to the club of bad luck. Seems like these 2.0 are kind of a headache past 400whp.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    Yep. This still doesn't touch my luck with my build. Im not going to get into it, but 3 years and only 1 k miles put on the car and not because im trying to keep miles off.
    | 1997 Estoril M3 - TURBO - |
    Click here to enlarge
    | GT3582R | 8.5:1 forged internals | ARP stuffs | SS oring block & Elring HG | Fully balanced & blueprinted 3.3L S52 |
    | Nick G custom tune | 46mm Precision gate | 62# injectors | Dual 255's |

Goal to be the first GT35r E36 to: 30 psi, 140+ mph, < 6 second 60-130

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

It's reality with highly modded cars, unfortunately on every platform there is a point you pass where reliability suffers and the car becomes a garage queen or weekend warrior. It's not something we don't already know but to me it's not worth it and gets tiresome dumping money into something that always breaks. It's a fine line in being fastest and actually being able to enjoy/drive your car. When I get my m, I'm keeping it stock for a while and I'll work on finding the limits of the car, I can't wait to not worry about logging, hpfp, etc....

Sounds like you've had some bad luck op , I would just get the car running, get a 335 with fbo's and stop there and enjoy your car...
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Click here to enlargeHere's the new JDM EVO 9 rear bumper. Still waiting on the EVO 7 tailights from Japan. Received an offer on the car today, so..... Maybe I'll be in something new soon.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Looking good man! Keep your head up, by the time you get done enjoying the Evo the upgraded turbo setups should be nicely tested and the kinks worked out Click here to enlarge
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

I'm going to get the fueling issue fixed and finish the tune and decide what I'm going to do from there. I have a nice trade offer but I'm not sure I want to jump into another highly modified car and maybe have to dump more money into another car. I'll be back home in a week or so, so I'll start working on it then.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    I just came from a ER built 2.0 03 Evo to my 08 335xi. I loved my Evo, very similar mods to what you have. It was a fun car but over time, problems after problems started to occur (granted they were minor). I just didn't have the same passion for the car as I did before. I also got a great trade-in deal (thanks to the evo holding it's value) and was able to get the 335xi. It is a slower/heavier but the refinement, potential and the extra's lux offset the pure speed that was the evo. I hope you get the evo where you want it regardless if you decide to get rid of it or not.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2063 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by jc335ix Click here to enlarge
    I just came from a ER built 2.0 03 Evo to my 08 335xi. I loved my Evo, very similar mods to what you have. It was a fun car but over time, problems after problems started to occur (granted they were minor). I just didn't have the same passion for the car as I did before. I also got a great trade-in deal (thanks to the evo holding it's value) and was able to get the 335xi. It is a slower/heavier but the refinement, potential and the extra's lux offset the pure speed that was the evo. I hope you get the evo where you want it regardless if you decide to get rid of it or not.
    Welcome.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Best of luck. hopefully you can get the shop to work in your deductible. Personally I have never paid one.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

I know the painter Click here to enlarge. i already had that bumper too, so the shop hooked it up and I owe $0 deductible.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Torgus Click here to enlarge
    Best of luck. hopefully you can get the shop to work in your deductible. Personally I have never paid one.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2063 Post(s)

You ever consider doing this? Click here to enlarge

12500 rpm:

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2063 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2063 Post(s)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2063 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Is that extreme tuners the ones from Greece? The rods look different but maybe they have a set thats not so extreme.
    | 1997 Estoril M3 - TURBO - |
    Click here to enlarge
    | GT3582R | 8.5:1 forged internals | ARP stuffs | SS oring block & Elring HG | Fully balanced & blueprinted 3.3L S52 |
    | Nick G custom tune | 46mm Precision gate | 62# injectors | Dual 255's |

Goal to be the first GT35r E36 to: 30 psi, 140+ mph, < 6 second 60-130

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    that thing ridiculously good. Especially the exhaust portion

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

That's one of the biggest turbos I've ever seen LOL

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast