Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: E85 log

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    552 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

E85 log

Customer log that was emailed in today, using the G5 ISO, 70% E85, and our flatline fix flash with a few E85 specific tweaks. How is this for timing recovery at the shift? Click here to enlarge
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

This is AT flatline fix? MT doesn't lose timing after shift, right (I don't anyway)? Awesome btw, no midrange taper of timing curve?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Customer log that was emailed in today, using the G5 ISO, 70% E85, and our flatline fix flash with a few E85 specific tweaks. How is this for timing recovery at the shift? Click here to enlarge
    Did this customer have a history of flatlining prior? I've been frustrated by this issue for so long; can't fault me for being a touch jaded. :-)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    552 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    Did this customer have a history of flatlining prior? I've been frustrated by this issue for so long; can't fault me for being a touch jaded. :-)
    This is the some guy whos log I posted yesterday. Not sure on his prior history. He's running E85 and a Walbro pump though. I think also aftermarket turbos so we've mainly been working on E85 only fueling for him recently so he can push boost up. Before the Walbro his low pressure was dropping to 35-40 and crapping out. Now holds 60+ with much more boost.
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    552 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rudypoochris Click here to enlarge
    This is AT flatline fix? MT doesn't lose timing after shift, right (I don't anyway)? Awesome btw, no midrange taper of timing curve?
    The timing drop has been an automatic specific issue cropping up in some higher HP cars. I have not tried this map yet on manuals so not sure what if any impact it will have on them.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    220 Post(s)

Hard to say anything for sure with just 1 cylinder logged but it sounds like you may be onto it. I'd seriously try to add that logging of all 6 cylinders asap especially as you're considering big turbo tuning. Its a much larger feature than most can appreciate

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@ProTUNING Freaks Click here to enlarge
    asap especially as you're considering big turbo tuning.
    And thus a rumor is born... Click here to enlarge.... Click here to enlarge........Click here to enlarge.................Click here to enlarge
    - Proven Power Tampa built 6466 ST -
    - N54 6AT WR 711whp 637wtq-
    -N54 WR 1/4mile trap: 133.57mph- -

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    220 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Ak335i Click here to enlarge
    And thus a rumor is born... Click here to enlarge.... Click here to enlarge........Click here to enlarge.................Click here to enlarge
    Lol he's said many times he'll be tuning them once made available..no rumor

6 cylinder timing logs + both banks AFR logs with lean run protection

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@ProTUNING Freaks Click here to enlarge
    i know i just couldnt stand to wait any longer Click here to enlarge
    - Proven Power Tampa built 6466 ST -
    - N54 6AT WR 711whp 637wtq-
    -N54 WR 1/4mile trap: 133.57mph- -

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

WOW Click here to enlarge I wished mine looked like that. OK, my next mod is a flash now Click here to enlarge
    Loe P.
    - 09' E90 M3 7-DCT Interlagos Blue / Novillo Silver - gone Click here to enlarge
    [K&N filter|MS pullies|test pipes|Evolve Stg II tune/Servotronic/GTS-DCT Tune|Euro MDM]
    - 15' IS350 F-sport Ultra White / Rioja Red

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    552 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

6 cylinder timing logs + both banks AFR logs with lean run protection
    Both banks are logged and used for lean run protection, as well as both bank fuel trims, but only the leanest bank is displayed under AFR in logs or in dash unless you select "FUD=10" to force bank2 under AFR and bank1 under OilTemp.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)

That's the nicest log I've ever seen.

Map 7?
    09 6AT 335i Coupe M-Sport

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

That may be the most beautiful log I have ever seen. WOW!
    09 e92 335i, 440HP/500TQ: SOLD
    03 EVO 8, 600HP/500TQ: SOLD
    13 Nissan Maxima: Slow
    99 Eclipse GSX: For Sale

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

The timing does look great but it seems there is some type of smoothing going on as its so flat towards the beginning...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    552 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ChuckD05 Click here to enlarge
    That's the nicest log I've ever seen.

Map 7?
    Yes map 7 FBO, E60. There is a lot more boost to be had up top but for now I have him racing around like this to ensure it's consistent and reliable.
    Last edited by Terry@BMS; 12-16-2012 at 01:50 PM.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    552 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Cn555ic Click here to enlarge
    The timing does look great but it seems there is some type of smoothing going on as its so flat towards the beginning...
    He's riding the advance target we set in the flash map. Basically 10 degrees @ 2000rpm ramping up to 14 degrees @ 6750rpm. From 5500rpm up its 13 degrees most of the way.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Cn555ic Click here to enlarge
    Nope that's just how the timing looks.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)

The timing drop has been an automatic specific issue cropping up in some higher HP cars. I have not tried this map yet on manuals so not sure what if any impact it will have on them.
    Happens even at 14 psi on stock turbos. :-(

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    Happens even at 14 psi on stock turbos. :-(
    I know Click here to enlarge NLS is worthless right now. Terry you should implement this with 6MT too to see if it works. Im looking into the flash as my next mod too and will let you know if it solves the issue
    2007 AW/Beige E92 335i 6MT / JB4 G5 ISO E85 w BMS Cobb Flash / NLS/2STEP / RPi IC / BMS DCI / Raceland DPs / CMGS VC2 Trunk Meth(off) / ACT HD Clutch / NGK Step Colder Plugs / BMW SSK/UUC KNOB / M3 Front Control Arms / CF Trunk Lip/Mirror Covers / LED Angel Eyes / LCI Taillights / M-tech front lip / TR Motorsport(Enkei) MT1 18x8/18x9.5 / Hankook Ventus V12s 245/275

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    552 Post(s)

It's ready to go for MTs. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

I am pretty positive it doesn't happen to MTs (mine), but I don't have NLS running so that may be why.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    552 Post(s)

This has been an automatic only issue. But, the same change may offer some benefits to MTs. If anyone wants to log it just let me know. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

This has been an automatic only issue. But, the same change may offer some benefits to MTs. If anyone wants to log it just let me know. Click here to enlarge
    This is off topic but as good a place as any to ask, i'll be ordering the N20 TMAP sensor and adapter from you guys in the next couple weeks and i was wondering what do i need to plug into the MAP conversion tables in ATR to scale it properly?
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    552 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rader1 Click here to enlarge
    This is off topic but as good a place as any to ask, i'll be ordering the N20 TMAP sensor and adapter from you guys in the next couple weeks and i was wondering what do i need to plug into the MAP conversion tables in ATR to scale it properly?
    No idea how that would work with a flash tune. But if you have a JB4 G5 you enter "1" under "afr1500' and the JB4 handles everything for you.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

No idea how that would work with a flash tune. But if you have a JB4 G5 you enter "1" under "afr1500' and the JB4 handles everything for you.
    I just need to know the voltage to PSI conversion to plug into the table.Click here to enlarge

I'm thinking 4.65v will be around 43.5 but i'm not sure about that and i have no idea about .5v
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast