Close

View Poll Results: Which mustang would you choose and why?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • 2013 Mustang Shelby GT500

    17 77.27%
  • 2013 Mustang GT 5.0 + Blower or turbo???

    5 22.73%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 82
  1. #51
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    The world...
    Posts
    1,331
    Rep Points
    1,202.2
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    13


    0 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Now now, all that matters is if you can beat an M3. Especially in a straight line race. That determines superiority.



    Heh, too good.
    What's even funnier is that Car and Driver or some other retarded American car mag came out and started comparing the 5.0 or boss or whatever to the E90/E92 M3 and how it is faster around the track for much less money. I am curious how many M3 owners sold their car and went and bought a Mustang... right; because maybe what 20% of M3's ever see the track. This is not a competition nor ever was one yet the proud Mullet heads are trying to make it one. I say that and I like the Mustang.
    2007 335i (100% stock with mods)

    N54 is not a German 2JZ lol

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    The world...
    Posts
    1,331
    Rep Points
    1,202.2
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    13


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Laloosh Click here to enlarge
    Can u name what the m3 has that the mustang doesn't to make it such a luxury car. Btw no one buys a m3 for a luxury.

    Also sticky the car beats it around a track as well not just in a straight line Click here to enlarge
    An interior that doesn't look like it was made from the estes model catalog, a body that doesn't roll with every single turn and brake, a dual clutch transmission, 19 speaker sound system, an independent rear suspension, seats that actually hold you in place and an overall body integrity that Ford could never offer. Then of course; there is the subjectivity factor of which car actually looks better and has better presence; but we'll leave that one up to the eye of the beholder.

    And yes; the M3 is sold as a balanced car that is as good on the street as it is on the track. If you think people don't buy it for luxury then you need to speak with the brand that makes it which is called BMW or the 80% of owners that never see the track.
    2007 335i (100% stock with mods)

    N54 is not a German 2JZ lol

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,751
    Rep Points
    31,550.6
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Laloosh Click here to enlarge
    Can u name what the m3 has that the mustang doesn't to make it such a luxury car. Btw no one buys a m3 for a luxury.

    Also sticky the car beats it around a track as well not just in a straight line Click here to enlarge
    No doubt, the M3 just sucks. I'm getting two Mustang GT's for the price of 1 M3. I'm an idiot for not doing that to begin with. It's like a 2 for 1 special.

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,751
    Rep Points
    31,550.6
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Q4P Click here to enlarge
    What's even funnier is that Car and Driver or some other retarded American car mag came out and started comparing the 5.0 or boss or whatever to the E90/E92 M3 and how it is faster around the track for much less money.
    Ya I had a big article on that: http://www.bimmerboost.com/content.p...at-Laguna-Seca!

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,738
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Q4P Click here to enlarge
    An interior that doesn't look like it was made from the estes model catalog, a body that doesn't roll with every single turn and brake, a dual clutch transmission, 19 speaker sound system, an independent rear suspension, seats that actually hold you in place and an overall body integrity that Ford could never offer. Then of course; there is the subjectivity factor of which car actually looks better and has better presence; but we'll leave that one up to the eye of the beholder.

    And yes; the M3 is sold as a balanced car that is as good on the street as it is on the track. If you think people don't buy it for luxury then you need to speak with the brand that makes it which is called BMW or the 80% of owners that never see the track.
    Interior is based on looks some people don't like the retro styling. Still suspension does not add luxury lol neither does a dual clutch tranny. IRS doesn't addy luxury either. Seats? The mustangs are far more supportive. Looks like u listed a bunch of performance oriented items here. Ill give you another shot at it.

  6. #56
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,751
    Rep Points
    31,550.6
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Laloosh Click here to enlarge
    Interior is based on looks some people don't like the retro styling. Still suspension does not add luxury lol neither does a dual clutch tranny. IRS doesn't addy luxury either. Seats? The mustangs are far more supportive. Looks like u listed a bunch of performance oriented items here. Ill give you another shot at it.
    SHUT UP MUSTANG IS AWESOME

  7. #57
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    The world...
    Posts
    1,331
    Rep Points
    1,202.2
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    13


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Laloosh Click here to enlarge
    Interior is based on looks some people don't like the retro styling. Still suspension does not add luxury lol neither does a dual clutch tranny. IRS doesn't addy luxury either. Seats? The mustangs are far more supportive. Looks like u listed a bunch of performance oriented items here. Ill give you another shot at it.

    Not sure if srs here...

    A Mustang or any other car may have the same features as an M3 in terms of luxury but how they are made or applied to the car as part of the platform is what makes the difference. The other side of this is how well the car is put together or overall quality (not reliability, that is different). I mean according to what you're saying a Mazda3 is in the same class as a Rolls Royce Phantom these days. Hell they can both have Navi, luxury leather seating and so forth... I guess by that standard; all M3 owners will just have to accept that their cars are truly inferior to the Mustang. Damn... sucks for them. Good thing I have a 335, right? lol

    There is an excellent Mustang forum out there to debate this on and I am sure everyone will share your sentiments there.
    2007 335i (100% stock with mods)

    N54 is not a German 2JZ lol

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,738
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Q4P Click here to enlarge
    Not sure if srs here...

    A Mustang or any other car may have the same features as an M3 in terms of luxury but how they are made or applied to the car as part of the platform is what makes the difference. The other side of this is how well the car is put together or overall quality (not reliability, that is different). I mean according to what you're saying a Mazda3 is in the same class as a Rolls Royce Phantom these days. Hell they can both have Navi, luxury leather seating and so forth... I guess by that standard; all M3 owners will just have to accept that their cars are truly inferior to the Mustang. Damn... sucks for them. Good thing I have a 335, right? lol

    There is an excellent Mustang forum out there to debate this on and I am sure everyone will share your sentiments there.
    Never said it was more luxurious than the m3 I was just curious to what makes it a luxury car in your eyes which btw it is not. It is BMW's sports version of the 3 series and nothing more. And fact is that it is nothing special outside of badge on the hood and trunk when it comes to a luxury standpoint. The build quality of my last BMW 135 and my friends 335 was nothing specials if anything retarded $#@! like windows lights and sunroofs kept acting up. It was the most problematic car I have owned in the past 12 years. Fit and finish was just like the fit and finish on any car I owned except for my 91 talon project car....that thing was a pos.

  9. #59
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    The world...
    Posts
    1,331
    Rep Points
    1,202.2
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    13


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Laloosh Click here to enlarge
    Never said it was more luxurious than the m3 I was just curious to what makes it a luxury car in your eyes which btw it is not. It is BMW's sports version of the 3 series and nothing more. And fact is that it is nothing special outside of badge on the hood and trunk when it comes to a luxury standpoint. The build quality of my last BMW 135 and my friends 335 was nothing specials if anything retarded $#@! like windows lights and sunroofs kept acting up. It was the most problematic car I have owned in the past 12 years. Fit and finish was just like the fit and finish on any car I owned except for my 91 talon project car....that thing was a pos.
    You win man... this is a car that is not be reckoned with... The plastics, steering wheel, comfort and everything else is true high quality. I was wrong; I am sorry...

    Click here to enlarge
    2007 335i (100% stock with mods)

    N54 is not a German 2JZ lol

  10. #60
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,751
    Rep Points
    31,550.6
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    /thread mustang wins

  11. #61
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,738
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    1 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    So in summary everything you posted is subjected so now you revert to mockery as you put your tail between your legs. But that's ok I already knew you thoughts when you brought up the word mullets just like people bring up the word prick when mentioning BMW's. Like I said if the m3 had a Kia stickers on it you wouldn't buy it. BMW is a brand that is nothing special anymore.

  12. #62
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,751
    Rep Points
    31,550.6
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    0 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Laloosh Click here to enlarge
    So in summary everything you posted is subjected so now you revert to mockery as you put your tail between your legs. But that's ok I already knew you thoughts when you brought up the word mullets just like people bring up the word prick when mentioning BMW's. Like I said if the m3 had a Kia stickers on it you wouldn't buy it. BMW is a brand that is nothing special anymore.
    MUSTANG OMG BONER

  13. #63
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jerzee
    Posts
    2,306
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Q4P Click here to enlarge
    Not sure if srs here...

    A Mustang or any other car may have the same features as an M3 in terms of luxury but how they are made or applied to the car as part of the platform is what makes the difference. The other side of this is how well the car is put together or overall quality (not reliability, that is different). I mean according to what you're saying a Mazda3 is in the same class as a Rolls Royce Phantom these days. Hell they can both have Navi, luxury leather seating and so forth... I guess by that standard; all M3 owners will just have to accept that their cars are truly inferior to the Mustang. Damn... sucks for them. Good thing I have a 335, right? lol

    There is an excellent Mustang forum out there to debate this on and I am sure everyone will share your sentiments there.
    Your argument is that the Mustang is inferior because its parts as a whole are cheaper in feel or execution. Such as the plastics used in the interior or the technology used in its multi valve engine or creature comforts. I would submit that M3 some features the Mustang doesnt have. Like heated seats for instance, I would submit the Mustang has a more advanced electronic package with MySync for instance. The Mustang has optional Recaro's and Brembo brakes for the base model. No M or 3 series offers better seats as standard or as an option. The M brakes are great but the base GT with Brembo's no slouch and the GT500's brakes are superior in my view.

    I can accept the SRA vs IRS argument its somewhat valid. Though the only time I can feel the difference is on the bumpiest of roads. Its there that any IRS equipped car will shine vs the Mustang. For instance the Camaro SS and ZL1 have excellent IRS suspensions. So sure the M3 has it when you get to that very last tenth of a degree.

    But what I am struggling with is that styling whether external or internal is somewhat subjective. Now dont get me wrong I'm no fan of the interior styling for the Mustang. I dont like the retro look, however in terms of comfort. The Mustang with the Recaro seats is frankly far more comfortable that the M3 seats IMO and ride quality is near identical IMO. Having spent a ton of time in both platforms thats my view. I appreciate the argument its the sum of parts that matter but I would respectfully say that unless you have owned or spent serious time in the current GT, Boss or GT500 you're just flat out wrong. Its an assumption or stereotype your running with. At least based on your statements.

    However you really go off base with the Mazda 3 to RR statement. What I took from that is somehow the M3 is vastly superior in build quality and style to the Mustang. Thats just not true and while previous generations of the Mustang may have been poorly constructed the current chassis is a new ball game. Moreover from a performance standpoint the M3 can barely contain a base GT in most performance category's. So the top of the line M3 is barely faster than the base Mustang? Step into a Boss 302 or 302 LS and tables start to turn a bit. Jump into the GT500 and well the M3 is licking a fair number of wounds from the spanking that cheaper and so thought inferior car is handing out.

    People like what they like you sound like a fan of something other than Mustangs based on the stereotypes presented and statements overall. Their is no right or wrong as to what someone likes based on their experience and taste To each their own, my question is when you find yourself getting spanked in a performance situation by a Mustang. Are you comforted by the superior build quality and style of your car or are you mad cause you took an L?
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

  14. #64
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    The world...
    Posts
    1,331
    Rep Points
    1,202.2
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    13


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sledgehammer Click here to enlarge
    Your argument is that the Mustang is inferior because its parts as a whole are cheaper in feel or execution. Such as the plastics used in the interior or the technology used in its multi valve engine or creature comforts. I would submit that M3 some features the Mustang doesnt have. Like heated seats for instance, I would submit the Mustang has a more advanced electronic package with MySync for instance. The Mustang has optional Recaro's and Brembo brakes for the base model. No M or 3 series offers better seats as standard or as an option. The M brakes are great but the base GT with Brembo's no slouch and the GT500's brakes are superior in my view.

    I can accept the SRA vs IRS argument its somewhat valid. Though the only time I can feel the difference is on the bumpiest of roads. Its there that any IRS equipped car will shine vs the Mustang. For instance the Camaro SS and ZL1 have excellent IRS suspensions. So sure the M3 has it when you get to that very last tenth of a degree.

    But what I am struggling with is that styling whether external or internal is somewhat subjective. Now dont get me wrong I'm no fan of the interior styling for the Mustang. I dont like the retro look, however in terms of comfort. The Mustang with the Recaro seats is frankly far more comfortable that the M3 seats IMO and ride quality is near identical IMO. Having spent a ton of time in both platforms thats my view. I appreciate the argument its the sum of parts that matter but I would respectfully say that unless you have owned or spent serious time in the current GT, Boss or GT500 you're just flat out wrong. Its an assumption or stereotype your running with. At least based on your statements.

    However you really go off base with the Mazda 3 to RR statement. What I took from that is somehow the M3 is vastly superior in build quality and style to the Mustang. Thats just not true and while previous generations of the Mustang may have been poorly constructed the current chassis is a new ball game. Moreover from a performance standpoint the M3 can barely contain a base GT in most performance category's. So the top of the line M3 is barely faster than the base Mustang? Step into a Boss 302 or 302 LS and tables start to turn a bit. Jump into the GT500 and well the M3 is licking a fair number of wounds from the spanking that cheaper and so thought inferior car is handing out.

    People like what they like you sound like a fan of something other than Mustangs based on the stereotypes presented and statements overall. Their is no right or wrong as to what someone likes based on their experience and taste To each their own, my question is when you find yourself getting spanked in a performance situation by a Mustang. Are you comforted by the superior build quality and style of your car or are you mad cause you took an L?
    Do I get more credibility if I say that I almost bought a 5.0 at one point?... until I drove one, got to feel one and sat in one for an extended period of time. The moment I stepped out of it; I realized that it walked, talked and smelled like a Ford no matter how hard I tried to get past that point. In the end it's subjectivity and pure opinion as that is all it should be; although I would be hard pressed to find a true valid argument for a stang other than performance. With that, if you are talking to owners of BMWs; you are going to have a hard time selling what you are saying.

    ...and yes, I am very comforted by the build quality of my car even if I lose. If I was buying a car stricly for performance; I'd have a C6 Z06 and call it a day.
    2007 335i (100% stock with mods)

    N54 is not a German 2JZ lol

  15. #65
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    The world...
    Posts
    1,331
    Rep Points
    1,202.2
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    13


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Laloosh Click here to enlarge
    So in summary everything you posted is subjected so now you revert to mockery as you put your tail between your legs. But that's ok I already knew you thoughts when you brought up the word mullets just like people bring up the word prick when mentioning BMW's. Like I said if the m3 had a Kia stickers on it you wouldn't buy it. BMW is a brand that is nothing special anymore.
    The same case must apply to the EVO X... a car with unbelievably poor build quality; except that I love that car even though it has a Mistu badge. So in the end; no matter how you look at it, subjectivity and personal preference come into play. I am trying to understand what you are trying to prove with the Mustang on germanboost.com... yeah, it's a great performer... we all knew that, and...?????
    2007 335i (100% stock with mods)

    N54 is not a German 2JZ lol

  16. #66
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    504
    Rep Points
    825.9
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    9


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Q4P Click here to enlarge
    The same case must apply to the EVO X... a car with unbelievably poor build quality; except that I love that car even though it has a Mistu badge. So in the end; no matter how you look at it, subjectivity and personal preference come into play. I am trying to understand what you are trying to prove with the Mustang on germanboost.com... yeah, it's a great performer... we all knew that, and...?????
    I personally have had more problems in my current 135i than my previous Evo9. In the 3 years I had my Evo, I never had any mechanical issues, electrical gremlins and so forth as much as my current 135i that I have only had in 1 year. Food for thought...

  17. #67
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    The world...
    Posts
    1,331
    Rep Points
    1,202.2
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    13


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by RnmEvo9 Click here to enlarge
    I personally have had more problems in my current 135i than my previous Evo9. In the 3 years I had my Evo, I never had any mechanical issues, electrical gremlins and so forth as much as my current 135i that I have only had in 1 year. Food for thought...
    thats reliability not build quality or integrity
    2007 335i (100% stock with mods)

    N54 is not a German 2JZ lol

  18. #68
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    504
    Rep Points
    825.9
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    9


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Q4P Click here to enlarge
    thats reliability not build quality or integrity
    How about paint peeling? I didn't have that issue with my Evo, yet its happening on my 135i.

  19. #69
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    le Paris
    Posts
    6,653
    Rep Points
    -228.0
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Brand whoring is just annoying, stupid and sickening.

  20. #70
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    CHICAGO
    Posts
    76
    Rep Points
    56.5
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    I'd love to order the GT500 without the damn stripes all over the thing...
    Baron (my last name)
    Anesthesia Provider
    CHICAGO

  21. #71
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    CHICAGO
    Posts
    76
    Rep Points
    56.5
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Please tell me Ford FINALLY did something where you don't get a 1975 F$%KING antenna out of the rear quarter panel, especially since we're talking over 60 grand here...
    Baron (my last name)
    Anesthesia Provider
    CHICAGO

  22. #72
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Encino, CA
    Posts
    43
    Rep Points
    93.3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Lmao

  23. #73
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Encino, CA
    Posts
    43
    Rep Points
    93.3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Laloosh Click here to enlarge
    Never said it was more luxurious than the m3 I was just curious to what makes it a luxury car in your eyes which btw it is not. It is BMW's sports version of the 3 series and nothing more. And fact is that it is nothing special outside of badge on the hood and trunk when it comes to a luxury standpoint. The build quality of my last BMW 135 and my friends 335 was nothing specials if anything retarded $#@! like windows lights and sunroofs kept acting up. It was the most problematic car I have owned in the past 12 years. Fit and finish was just like the fit and finish on any car I owned except for my 91 talon project car....that thing was a pos.
    its about 90% different

  24. #74
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    1,958
    Rep Points
    2,641.0
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    27


    Reputation: Yes | No
    those gauges are hideous and the fact that you see 12 5.0's already on a three mile trip to the store makes the m3 more of an exclusive car to own
    09 6AT 335i Coupe M-Sport - SOLD
    Current - 16 Jeep Wrangler - Few Mods
    Looking for a n54 project e90/e82

  25. #75
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,751
    Rep Points
    31,550.6
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Baron Click here to enlarge
    I'd love to order the GT500 without the damn stripes all over the thing...
    You can't? Although I love the stripes.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •