Close

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: PTF UPDATE: 553WHP 631WTQ - N54 TwinTurbo World Record

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    212 Post(s)

9 out of 9 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

Cool PTF UPDATE: 553WHP 631WTQ - N54 TwinTurbo World Record

Last night I hit the dyno to see what the car can do with the new ported N54 cylinder head, RB turbos, 3.5bar TMAP sensor from the new BMW N20 4cyl motor, FBO (catless), pump 94 octane and meth, stock turbo inlet pipes.

Key thing here, this is with a tune that sees ZERO Timing corrections everywhere on all cylinders and timing that is set right at MBT for this level of boost and this car's given octane. I've run the car on the street with this exact setup this morning, number of pulls, its pretty ridiculous.

553WHP/631WTQ - PUMP GAS (94 Octane) + METH
    Click here to enlarge

In terms of the tune, it was running more than 22.5psi in midrange, 19.7psi peak at 6k rpm, 17.5-18psi at redline. Logs of actual boost in midrange aren't available as I found out that ATP's datalogging needs to be updated to accomodate the 3.5bar scaling. I was going off my p3 gauge for midrange boost when pushed past the 22.5psi datalogging limit. I don't recommend this to anyone before ATP is updated for 3.5bar datalog scaling, it just had to be done last night and I decided to push on as I get to do what I feel is best for my car LOL and that's make some power

No leanouts or fuel issues. LTFTs goes down to zero during the pull, STFTs trend to high negative 20s with meth. The car was running close to if not 100% meth, three 1.0mm nozzles, two of them in the FMIC outlet silicone coupler and another up in the ER charge pipe past the elbow.

I'll be fine tuning things over the coming days but to be perfectly honest and blunt, last night was about turning things UP and NOT fine tuning. It was to find MBT and push boost as far as it can go while limiting wastegate duty cycle to about 73-74% everywhere especially past 6k rpm. It was also to experiment with various VANOS changes. I experimented with higher wg duty cycles before and RBs didn't like it. It also introduces too much backpressure into the system even fully catless that the car doesn't like it.

So, is there more power left here. We'll see when the intake pipes are swapped for something better flowing. @George Smooth reported +19whp at his high altitude in South Africa so possibly another 20 in there without any changes. Then there's mixing race gas or E85 into it to see if there's anything there in terms of additional power through more timing. All out its very possible this will be a 575-585whp setup once all is said and done, dare I say 600 LOL

Other runs from last night:

Click here to enlarge

By the way, on Smoothing of zero the car made 555WHP Click here to enlarge Nice even number easy to remember

When that torque hits it feels like a big turbo came on!! Swoooooosh!

Specs:

PTF Cobb AP Tune
    PTF Ported Cylinder Head w/ +1mm enlarged Super Alloy Exhaust Valves
    RB Turbos
    3.5bar BMW N20 engine TMAP sensor
    Aquamist HFS-4 Methanol Injection (100% meth, three 1.0mm nozzles, Howerton 2.2gal trunk mounted tank)
    AR Catless Downpipes
    HKS Legamax Exhaust
    Custom Mr.5-like intake
    KL Racing (aka Big Tom) FMIC
    ER 3" post FMIC piping (up pipe, charge Pipe) + Tial BOV
    Okada Plasma Ignition Coils + OEM Plugs
    HPF Stage 2 Feramic Clutch + OEM Dual Mass Flywheel
    DSS 1000hp rear axles
    Rear m3 suspension bits
    2.56 Quaife LSD
    17x9 APEX ARC-8 wheels
    Nitto 555 245/45/17 front, Nitto 555R 275/40/17 rear tires
    Vorsteiner Carbon Fiber hood (single sided, vented)
    Carbon Fiber trunk
    Sunoco (Petro Canada) pump 94 Octane

Click here to enlarge

EDIT: Some people asked to see the conditions from the dyno, STD correction factor as well as the same run but in SAE. Here they are below:

CONDITIONS AND STD CORRECTION (i.e. STD resulted in 1.00 correction, so no correction basically):
    Click here to enlarge

SAE numbers for the same run (SAE correction was 0.97, so 3% lower than STD):
    Click here to enlarge
    Last edited by dzenno@PTF; 11-16-2012 at 12:13 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Congrats mate, that is some mighty powerful car you have there.

You should bring it over to the 'Ring to have some fun with! Click here to enlarge)

Alpina_B3_Lux
    SOLD: E90 335i LCI; NOW: Audi R8 V10 MT

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I think I hate you...Congrats...Cant wait to see real world numbers like some 60-130 times and I guess 1/4 mile ha

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)

Absolutely sick numbers.

MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What clutch are you running now? No signs of slipping with all that torque?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

DAMN!! Thats a ton of torque, are you running the Vac head?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    473 Post(s)

Nice! Interesting peak power is at such a low RPM. It makes me want to find out how much boost my RBs can hold at 4500rpm. That power curve should haul ass in a 60-130.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    212 Post(s)

The head is our own, done by a local shop here in Canada. The clutch is the HPF Stage 2 feramic.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    212 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Nice! Interesting peak power is at such a low RPM. It makes me want to find out how much boost my RBs can hold at 4500rpm. That power curve should haul ass in a 60-130.
    Click here to enlarge Thanks. Well, peak power is dictated by torque right and what makes torque on this car, well boost Click here to enlarge there's more boost down lower so more power down lower, simple...

I'm sure there's a bit more in it even with this setup but I really didn't want to push things further when i saw these numbers. Good enough for now given high wastegate duty cycles on the turbos. I also want to get the ATP boost datalogging sorted before any other changes to boost anywhere.

We'll see where that top end power goes with race gas and meth instead of pump+meth. I bet it can be lifted there and possibly a bit more with some other vanos tweaks. At this point, that's obviously just a guess
    Last edited by dzenno@PTF; 11-13-2012 at 01:45 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)

If you don't mind me asking, what change did you make between 4 and 5k rpm to get the bumps in torque over 600 ft. lbs. shown in the "all runs" dyno plot?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    212 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ajm8127 Click here to enlarge
    If you don't mind me asking, what change did you make between 4 and 5k rpm to get the bumps in torque over 600 ft. lbs. shown in the "all runs" dyno plot?
    Mostly boost

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    212 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Alpina_B3_Lux Click here to enlarge
    Congrats mate, that is some mighty powerful car you have there.

You should bring it over to the 'Ring to have some fun with! Click here to enlarge)

Alpina_B3_Lux
    Thanks man. I wish I could send it over there but given my 'ring skills i'd probably crash at turn 1 Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@ProTUNING Freaks Click here to enlarge
    The clutch is the HPF Stage 2 feramic.
    Truly impressive results! Have you been to the strip with clutch yet? I am sure you are well aware of the ones that welded together on hard launches. I am about to purchase a new clutch and RBs so I am weighing my options. Even though I don't plan on going to the track, I would like to be able to do hard launches on drag radials if I change my mind.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@ProTUNING Freaks Click here to enlarge
    Thanks man. I wish I could send it over there but given my 'ring skills i'd probably crash at turn 1 Click here to enlarge
    Hehe, well you could first do some passenger laps with me, and if you survive these drive yourself...Click here to enlarge

As an alternative, get yourself over here next year! You're more than welcome and we could organise a cool experience for you on the Nordschleife.

Alpina_B3_Lux
    SOLD: E90 335i LCI; NOW: Audi R8 V10 MT

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    It's a shame that power can't be held out towards redline. Nice none the less!
    335xi (sold)
    www.datazap.me - fast, free, interactive datalogs

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Holy torque mountain Batman! Are you on the stock driveshaft? Worried about it breaking? Click here to enlarge

Also, can you comment on how much the head work might cost?

Thanks.
    pt6466 FFTEC 355i
    gtx3076r FFTEC Evo IX
    Beat up 240sx

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)

Since this is very unique setup, how about some datalogs?

MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    212 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by jpsimon Click here to enlarge
    It's a shame that power can't be held out towards redline. Nice none the less!
    I'd love to see that too. Nothing a pair of GTXs won't solve eventually Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by CaptainInsano Click here to enlarge
    Holy torque mountain Batman! Are you on the stock driveshaft? Worried about it breaking? Click here to enlarge

Also, can you comment on how much the head work might cost?

Thanks.
    Ya torque bomb! Click here to enlarge Never been worried about anything breaking. When/if something breaks it'll be made better/stronger just as anything else on the car. Head work price will vary depending on if you're doing the exhaust valves or not. All out on the head with custom oversized exhaust valves probably north of 4k

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    212 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rader1 Click here to enlarge
    Since this is very unique setup, how about some datalogs?
    I tried graphing my logs but at the moment boost is capped at 22.51-22.52psi in midrange in them. I'll post up some graphs as soon as ATP boost datalogging is sorted.

Anything in particular? PM me.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Any chances of getting the before head work dyno chart overlayed with the new one.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

Awesome numbers, time to retake your 60-130 record.
    2007 BMW 335i 6MT / Alpine Weiss

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

LOL, anyone else notice the original thread about Dz's numbers on E90post got deleted? Wonder how long the one Jake posted will last? $#@!ing asshats.
    2007 BMW 335i 6MT / Alpine Weiss

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge
    JB4LIFE

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

this only makes me wonder what stage 3 twins will be able to do
    JB4LIFE

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lulz_m3 Click here to enlarge
    LOL, anyone else notice the original thread about Dz's numbers on E90post got deleted? Wonder how long the one Jake posted will last? $#@!ing asshats.
    I just noticed that as well. It didn't even have any mention of Shiv in it, so I don't see why they took it down. It is truly sad!

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast