Close

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 100
  1. #51
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    102
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Well stock turbo is impossible due to the fastest BMW's being based on NA motor. But the rest, yep. I think the Max PSI car runs high 150's?
    I don't think Mike's fully built M52 constitutes a " Stock block ". Not sure on the details of his tranny setup ( being stock or whatever ) but, it is bmw which still counts for something I guess. I'd imagine it's pretty much impossible for an m3 with a full interior to run that time without extensive work.

    Edit: Or any bmw for that matter.

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,756
    Rep Points
    31,551.1
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SleepersOwn Click here to enlarge
    I don't think Mike's fully built M52 constitutes a " Stock block ". Not sure on the details of his tranny setup ( being stock or whatever ) but, it is bmw which still counts for something I guess. I'd imagine it's pretty much impossible for an m3 with a full interior to run that time without extensive work.

    Edit: Or any bmw for that matter.
    Why not?

    why would it be impossible for a full interior M3 to run that time? The Max PSI one did. The S54 with the iron block puts out over 1000 wheel. Throw an auto with a high stall in there and you'll do it all day especially with a car weighing 1000 pounds less.

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    102
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Why not?

    why would it be impossible for a full interior M3 to run that time? The Max PSI one did. The S54 with the iron block puts out over 1000 wheel. Throw an auto with a high stall in there and you'll do it all day especially with a car weighing 1000 pounds less.
    In terms of this comparison, the video said stock short block, blower ( besides ported ) tq converter, tranny, driveshaft, fuel system and axels. Which sounds like he's at most running bolt ons, head work and juice. Mike's m3 has which of those still stock ? I don't know any m3's ( again or bmw's for that matter ) that can claim those specs and produce that time. The fact that the caddy is a pretty hefty lady makes it an even greater accomplishment.

    And I specified the parameters for an M3 to run that time. It would need extensive work, not that it's incapable period. I don't really consider headwork, bolt ons and a 100 shot " extensive ".

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,756
    Rep Points
    31,551.1
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SleepersOwn Click here to enlarge
    I don't know any m3's ( again or bmw's for that matter ) that can claim those specs and produce that time.
    It's an aftermarket block first of all and secondly you don't know if any M3's can yet. More people will drag race cars with LS motors than BMW's, just how it is. BMW's are making more power than this Caddy and they weigh much less.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SleepersOwn Click here to enlarge
    And I specified the parameters for an M3 to run that time. It would need extensive work, not that it's incapable period. I don't really consider headwork, bolt ons and a 100 shot " extensive ".
    We'll see.

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    102
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    It's an aftermarket block first of all and secondly you don't know any M3's yet. More people will drag race cars with LS motors than BMW's, just how it is. BMW's are making more power than this Caddy and they weigh much less.
    I believe you are confused. You asked him about times on the stock LS motor, he posted vids of the caddy with a stock short block etc. The question was were there any m3's with that type of stock setup that ran those times. You said outside of the turbo " yep ". The OP contains the vid with the aftermarket block. There aren't currently any m3's that can run those times with the listed parts stock in question. Speculation wasn't what was asked, actual results were. I was only pointing out the current results I was aware of. If there are some m3's that run those times with those items stock, i'd sure like to see them and give them congrats. Anything is possible in the future.

  6. #56
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,756
    Rep Points
    31,551.1
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SleepersOwn Click here to enlarge
    I believe you are confused. You asked him about times on the stock LS motor, he posted vids of the caddy with a stock short block etc. The question was were there any m3's with that type of stock setup that ran those times. You said outside of the turbo " yep ". The OP contains the vid with the aftermarket block. There aren't currently any m3's that can run those times with the listed parts stock in question. Speculation wasn't what was asked, actual results were. I was only pointing out the current results I was aware of. If there are some m3's that run those times with those items stock, i'd sure like to see them and give them congrats. Anything is possible in the future.
    That's a question you posed. It's impossible to have a naturally aspirated factory motor mirror mod for mod which is where you are going with it. Simply not apples to apples not that it should be.

    It's pretty irrelevant to make this a BMW comparison anyway. If you want to go ahead. I'm saying I've seen more from LS motors so I'm not super impressed or anything but it's fast.

    Regarding if there are M3's that can run those times, there are many M3's with far more power. It's a matter of prep for the strip, completely different thing. Sorry I can't force people to the strip to satisfy you but the weight and power numbers should tell you all you need to know. I know my car will hit the strip and that is all I can control.

  7. #57
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,274
    Rep Points
    1,583.2
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    16



    Reputation: Yes | No
    there are other cars that go 9s on boltons and nitrous on an NA motor but 1. they are lighter, 2. they are american cars....the fact that A. the V is at 4550 lb race weight , b. its got boltons and just spray, c. the stock bottom end isnt even forged should impress you enough...

    what do you expect this car to do 7s?

    its mannys DD for one and also junkies DD...dude i dont know why you dislike or like to discredit the V so much....especially when it continues to prove alot of your theories wrong....heck its actually kicking the ZL1s ass as far as moddding goes and i surely wasnt expecting that.....ive got respect for other cars...even your almighty S65 but honestly...i dont know how in the world you plan on out trapping or crossing the line faster than either one of these cars...FYI, im faster than the spray car on just boost vs his boost....his best is only a 10.5@135 i believe....and i already told you if you come here your getting sprayed...you do the math
    "We need to upgrade your skill before we upgrade your horsepower"

    -Tommy to Josh

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jerzee
    Posts
    2,306
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    How about this we KNOW 9sec CTS-V's exist and do so with stock blocks and internals. Thats factual its been done. We know that the stock block will accomodate 1100-1200whp with forged internals all day long. So my question is simple, cause again I keep getting stuck on this.

    Can someone post a video or better yet start a thread on 9sec full weight E9X M's? Vids, dyno's and info on the combos that got them there. That ends the speculation and Unicorn theories thus keeping things factual. I for one would enjoy seeing real results, real cars and real track times/trap speeds.

    That being said the V is a serious performer and excellent platform.
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

  9. #59
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,643
    Rep Points
    2,262.8
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    23


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Well stock turbo is impossible due to the fastest BMW's being based on NA motor. But the rest, yep. I think the Max PSI car runs high 150's?
    Thankyou,that answers my question whether any BMW has run 9s as it left the assembly line from the factory w a few simple tweaks to the OEM engine/drivetrain& a shot of dope. The answer is no. Cool,thanks.
    Click here to enlarge

  10. #60
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,274
    Rep Points
    1,583.2
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    16



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sledgehammer Click here to enlarge
    How about this we KNOW 9sec CTS-V's exist and do so with stock blocks and internals. Thats factual its been done. We know that the stock block will accomodate 1100-1200whp with forged internals all day long. So my question is simple, cause again I keep getting stuck on this.

    Can someone post a video or better yet start a thread on 9sec full weight E9X M's? Vids, dyno's and info on the combos that got them there. That ends the speculation and Unicorn theories thus keeping things factual. I for one would enjoy seeing real results, real cars and real track times/trap speeds.

    That being said the V is a serious performer and excellent platform.

    shifts3ctor is in 2 days so maybe....just maybe that 9 sec m3 will show its face according to sticky....and guess what....if it owns everything there....congrats....if you get romped by shiv, well then....yea.....if you dont show....then i dunno
    "We need to upgrade your skill before we upgrade your horsepower"

    -Tommy to Josh

  11. #61
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    102
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    That's a question you posed. It's impossible to have a naturally aspirated factory motor mirror mod for mod which is where you are going with it. Simply not apples to apples not that it should be.

    It's pretty irrelevant to make this a BMW comparison anyway. If you want to go ahead. I'm saying I've seen more from LS motors so I'm not super impressed or anything but it's fast.

    Regarding if there are M3's that can run those times, there are many M3's with far more power. It's a matter of prep for the strip, completely different thing. Sorry I can't force people to the strip to satisfy you but the weight and power numbers should tell you all you need to know. I know my car will hit the strip and that is all I can control.
    That is NOT a question I posed. Again, you are confused. Re-read the second page of the thread if you have to. You responded falsely to a question oldgixxer asked. There are no m3's with those times that retain similar stock parts. You were the one that said " Yep " and referred to Maxpsi's M3. That is incorrect. I already know it's not an apples to apples comparison. I wasn't " going anywhere with it " as I didn't ask and already commented on what I believe it would take for a bmw to reach those times.

    Yes there are m3's that have far more power. However, again, the question ( again, posed by oldgixxer ) was were there any with as many stock items ( as the V in the last video ) capable of doing it. The answer is no ( you said " yep " ). I said nothing about what you've seen from LS motors or even how you felt about these times. You forcing people to the strip has nothing to do with me. You're spouting off retorts that I never questioned or commented on. This really didn't need to be this much back and forth. Please pay attention. I have no quarrel with you. Refer to oldgixxer's response on post #59.

  12. #62
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    102
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sledgehammer Click here to enlarge

    Can someone post a video or better yet start a thread on 9sec full weight E9X M's? Vids, dyno's and info on the combos that got them there. That ends the speculation and Unicorn theories thus keeping things factual. I for one would enjoy seeing real results, real cars and real track times/trap speeds.
    Ninja edit...

    Nevermind lol. I thought you said M's period.

  13. #63
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,643
    Rep Points
    2,262.8
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    23


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SleepersOwn Click here to enlarge
    That is NOT a question I posed. Again, you are confused. Re-read the second page of the thread if you have to. You responded falsely to a question oldgixxer asked. There are no m3's with those times that retain similar stock parts. You were the one that said " Yep " and referred to Maxpsi's M3. That is incorrect. I already know it's not an apples to apples comparison. I wasn't " going anywhere with it " as I didn't ask and already commented on what I believe it would take for a bmw to reach those times.

    Yes there are m3's that have far more power. However, again, the question ( again, posed by oldgixxer ) was were there any with as many stock items ( as the V in the last video ) capable of doing it. The answer is no ( you said " yep " ). I said nothing about what you've seen from LS motors or even how you felt about these times. You forcing people to the strip has nothing to do with me. You're spouting off retorts that I never questioned or commented on. This really didn't need to be this much back and forth. Please pay attention. I have no quarrel with you. Refer to oldgixxer's response on post #59.
    Uggh,finally someone else understands where Im comin from!! Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

  14. #64
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,274
    Rep Points
    1,583.2
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    16



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by oldgixxer Click here to enlarge
    Uggh,finally someone else understands where Im comin from!! Click here to enlarge

    @oldgixxer .....we all do.....sticky just doesnt get it.....lol
    "We need to upgrade your skill before we upgrade your horsepower"

    -Tommy to Josh

  15. #65
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    102
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by oldgixxer Click here to enlarge
    Uggh,finally someone else understands where Im comin from!! Click here to enlarge

    Click here to enlarge I don't understand what his confusion stems from. Your question was pretty straight forward. A simple " yes " ( with said car ) or " no " would have sufficed. The back forth between him and I seemed pretty pointless.

  16. #66
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,274
    Rep Points
    1,583.2
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    16



    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SleepersOwn Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge I don't understand what his confusion stems from. Your question was pretty straight forward. A simple " yes " ( with said car ) or " no " would have sufficed. The back forth between him and I seemed pretty pointless.

    welcome to bimmerboost....you have been baptized in foolishness like us
    "We need to upgrade your skill before we upgrade your horsepower"

    -Tommy to Josh

  17. #67
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,756
    Rep Points
    31,551.1
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by oldgixxer Click here to enlarge
    Thankyou,that answers my question whether any BMW has run 9s as it left the assembly line from the factory w a few simple tweaks to the OEM engine/drivetrain& a shot of dope. The answer is no. Cool,thanks.
    The answer is no due to how the motor is setup from the factory. Flawed and illogical point and comparison on your part.

  18. #68
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,756
    Rep Points
    31,551.1
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ultimateendz Click here to enlarge
    @oldgixxer .....we all do.....sticky just doesnt get it.....lol
    No I get it all too well.

  19. #69
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jerzee
    Posts
    2,306
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SleepersOwn Click here to enlarge
    Ninja edit...

    Nevermind lol. I thought you said M's period.
    Well done Ninja... LOL
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

  20. #70
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    102
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ultimateendz Click here to enlarge
    welcome to bimmerboost....you have been baptized in foolishness like us
    Ha ! Thanks

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sledgehammer Click here to enlarge
    Well done Ninja... LOL
    Click here to enlarge

  21. #71
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,643
    Rep Points
    2,262.8
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    23


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    The answer is no due to how the motor is setup from the factory. Flawed and illogical point and comparison on your part.
    Dude I swear if you lived closer Id $#@!in smack you
    Click here to enlarge

  22. #72
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    513
    Rep Points
    868.3
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    9


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by oldgixxer Click here to enlarge
    Dude I swear if you lived closer Id $#@!in smack you
    lol
    2012 CTS V - Sedan - 6AT

    Stage 1 Mods:
    - 2.5 upper pulley, Ported snout/throttle body, Fluidyne HX, Airaid CAI w/green filter, ID850 injectors

    Stage 2 Mods:
    - American Racing Headers w/X-pipe, 9.1 Lower Pulley, Tune Time Custom Cam, Moroso Dual Catch Cans, Zl1 Lid, Norcal Tank

    Stage 3 Mods:
    - LSA ported/polished heads, 4.5" G-Force intake, Nick Williams 102mm T-body, 8.6 Lower Pulley

    12.18 @ 118.98 - STOCK
    10.87 @ 127.02 - STAGE 1
    10.53 @ 131.31 - STAGE 2
    10.47 @ 133.20 - STAGE 3

  23. #73
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,643
    Rep Points
    2,262.8
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    23


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by PetroC63 Click here to enlarge
    lol
    Hey,you gonna come to Dodgers rental on the 28th???
    Click here to enlarge

  24. #74
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    513
    Rep Points
    868.3
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    9


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by oldgixxer Click here to enlarge
    Hey,you gonna come to Dodgers rental on the 28th???
    Looking good for me.
    2012 CTS V - Sedan - 6AT

    Stage 1 Mods:
    - 2.5 upper pulley, Ported snout/throttle body, Fluidyne HX, Airaid CAI w/green filter, ID850 injectors

    Stage 2 Mods:
    - American Racing Headers w/X-pipe, 9.1 Lower Pulley, Tune Time Custom Cam, Moroso Dual Catch Cans, Zl1 Lid, Norcal Tank

    Stage 3 Mods:
    - LSA ported/polished heads, 4.5" G-Force intake, Nick Williams 102mm T-body, 8.6 Lower Pulley

    12.18 @ 118.98 - STOCK
    10.87 @ 127.02 - STAGE 1
    10.53 @ 131.31 - STAGE 2
    10.47 @ 133.20 - STAGE 3

  25. #75
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,643
    Rep Points
    2,262.8
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    23


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by PetroC63 Click here to enlarge
    Looking good for me.
    Excellent!
    Click here to enlarge

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •