Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Question 2004 and 2001 XJR plus runs with a bolt on Carrera

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Dude! Why did you ever get rid of the XJR? I kind of want to pick one up to do a Kenne-Bell upgrade on. My mom had an XJ8 Vanden-Plas and I fell in love with it.

The XJ's are sexy as hell and drive pretty nice too.
    Hahaha.. Only true car enthusiast know what a beast it really is. The XJR was the worlds fastest sedan prior to the release of the E39 M5.

I've actually had 2 of them Click here to enlarge My first was a 2001 and was total gangster machine back when I had it. Not quite the curb side presence your Rolls had, but plenty to grab the lady of your choice around my way Click here to enlarge

The blend of plush luxury and performance is very hard to beat. I loved both of them but moved on with my life as all things get old over time. I was pretty set on buying a black on black 08' XJR with the updated front bumper but decided to shop around. I narrowed my search to the E60 M5 and 08' Alpina B7. I drove them back to back and decided that I was a driver not a passenger so you know what I grabbed..

A KB swap on a 04-08 XJR would be serious. They are very light weight for their size, 3900lbs due to the aluminum structure. Mine trapped 106 stock, another 100-150 hp would be an animal in a tuxedo.Click here to enlarge

Here's a few vids on my 04' running a friends full bolt on 01' 911 Carrera.. Yes I know my left hood latch isn't secured properly. Lol

Here's a couple pics of my 01'
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    09' CTS-V Sedan- Black Raven, Auto, Recaros, Stock for now..

E60 M5 SMG - Sapphire Black exterior, Black interior,
    Full leather, Ventilated comfort seats, Aluminum trim, Alcantara Headliner, Matte Black front/side grills, 20% window tint, Plasti Dipped Black Wheels, Hardwired 9500ix, RPI scoops(Red), Block off plates, BMC filters (c/f delete), Evolve-R Stage 2 Tune, Muffler & Secondary Cat Delete

P500s S6 DSC OFF- ALL DAY, EVERY DAY.. Unless it's wet out
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1793 Post(s)

With a Kenne Bell 2.6 it puts out 524 to the wheels and that's WITHOUT a tune.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1793 Post(s)

I seriously love the XJR, awesome design not to mention the low weight due to as you stated the aluminum structure which was ahead of its time. People don't know how great this car is.

You never modded yours?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1793 Post(s)

Check it out:

The primary supercharger I use is the Kenne bell designed 2.6 Large Bore High Compression twin-screw version that has proven itself as the best type for our 4.0 (AJ27) and 4.2 engines, for several reasons. Amongst others the low noise levels (compared to the smaller 2.1L version, which I tried before) and the high compression for even more efficient operation and thus more power to the wheels.

For all superchargers, being it the Eaton or Twin-screw, the airflow from the filter to the intake of the supercharger should be as smooth as possible, preferably no bends and no obstructions. I have designed the kit now in such a way, that this criterion is met as good as possible and the slight bends left are very carefully rounded to ensure the air to flow with the least possible resistance/turbulence. This directly aids in higher efficiencies, and thus more power to the wheels. The Stage II kit provides a 90mm throttle body over the stock 75mm that improves the airflow even more again.

The Stage I KIT (75mm intake) Includes:
    - 2.6LH Large Bore High Compression Twin-Screw
    - Custom CNC front cover
    - Custom Snout & Coupler
    - CNC Supercharger Outlet Adapter
    - CNC Inlet elbow system with 75mm TB Adapter
    - All fittings needed to bolt on the supercharger
    - 3.5" Pulley with Belt (Single sided)
    - New Bypass valve (Old one needed as core)
    - Bolts, RV kit, SC Oil
    - 1 year warranty on Twin-Screw unit
    - Needless to say all my support where possible, ranging from pre-checks of your car, to after checks.
    - Extra power range about 120 HP to 180 HP

The Stage II kit (90mm intake) includes:
    - All of the above, but with a new 90mm Throttle Body.
    - Extra power range about 140 HP to 220 HP (and more pending other mods)

Additional info for both Kits
    - It is not needed to tune your ECU (haven’t tuned mine even), however it might provide you even more power in the end.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Buddy of mine had one. Cool car and it did awesome burnouts. His blew the transmission and the repair estimate was $13k.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1793 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LZH Click here to enlarge
    Buddy of mine had one. Cool car and it did awesome burnouts. His blew the transmission and the repair estimate was $13k.
    That sounds like way, way too much. It's a basic auto transmission.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

I seriously love the XJR, awesome design not to mention the low weight due to as you stated the aluminum structure which was ahead of its time. People don't know how great this car is.

You never modded yours?
    No I never modded mine.. I looked into eurotoysltd for pulleys/tune but never pulled the trigger. I spoke with Eurocharged before they made the move to Houston as they were looking to begin development for the S/C Jags. I would have likely used them as I'm in Houston pretty often. I don't know that they ever made anything happen for Jags?

Check it out:

The primary supercharger I use is the Kenne bell designed 2.6 Large Bore High Compression twin-screw version that has proven itself as the best type for our 4.0 (AJ27) and 4.2 engines, for several reasons. Amongst others the low noise levels (compared to the smaller 2.1L version, which I tried before) and the high compression for even more efficient operation and thus more power to the wheels.

For all superchargers, being it the Eaton or Twin-screw, the airflow from the filter to the intake of the supercharger should be as smooth as possible, preferably no bends and no obstructions. I have designed the kit now in such a way, that this criterion is met as good as possible and the slight bends left are very carefully rounded to ensure the air to flow with the least possible resistance/turbulence. This directly aids in higher efficiencies, and thus more power to the wheels. The Stage II kit provides a 90mm throttle body over the stock 75mm that improves the airflow even more again.

The Stage I KIT (75mm intake) Includes:
    - 2.6LH Large Bore High Compression Twin-Screw
    - Custom CNC front cover
    - Custom Snout & Coupler
    - CNC Supercharger Outlet Adapter
    - CNC Inlet elbow system with 75mm TB Adapter
    - All fittings needed to bolt on the supercharger
    - 3.5" Pulley with Belt (Single sided)
    - New Bypass valve (Old one needed as core)
    - Bolts, RV kit, SC Oil
    - 1 year warranty on Twin-Screw unit
    - Needless to say all my support where possible, ranging from pre-checks of your car, to after checks.
    - Extra power range about 120 HP to 180 HP

The Stage II kit (90mm intake) includes:
    - All of the above, but with a new 90mm Throttle Body.
    - Extra power range about 140 HP to 220 HP (and more pending other mods)

Additional info for both Kits
    - It is not needed to tune your ECU (havenít tuned mine even), however it might provide you even more power in the end.
    Damn that's serious.. It looks like the developer is just now getting around to the 4.2 XJR and STR?

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LZH Click here to enlarge
    Wow that's a very expensive quote.. The transmission is a ZF 6HP26 6-speed auto found in quite a variety of vehicles. A lot of them are high-end but Lincoln Navigator and Hyundai Genesis are among them. I'm assuming this was at a Jaguar dealer?

Full leather, Ventilated comfort seats, Aluminum trim, Alcantara Headliner, Matte Black front/side grills, 20% window tint, Plasti Dipped Black Wheels, Hardwired 9500ix, RPI scoops(Red), Block off plates, BMC filters (c/f delete), Evolve-R Stage 2 Tune, Muffler & Secondary Cat Delete

Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

@Sticky

I've been watching this one.. They've been dropping the price on it these past couple weeks. I might go low-ball the sh*t out of them. Lol

http://www.nplincoln.com/vehicle-det...-tx-id-3350332

Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1793 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TZ04XJR Click here to enlarge
    Damn that's serious.. It looks like the developer is just now getting around to the 4.2 XJR and STR?
    It's just some dude on the forums. The motor is honestly easy to work on and tune. It's just a simple V8, similar to domestics in this respect.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1793 Post(s)

@Sticky

I've been watching this one.. They've been dropping the price on it these past couple weeks. I might go low-ball the sh*t out of them. Lol

http://www.nplincoln.com/vehicle-det...-tx-id-3350332

That's a nice one. Man I really want one...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

It's just some dude on the forums. The motor is honestly easy to work on and tune. It's just a simple V8, similar to domestics in this respect.
    Yea no doubt.. I'll think about grabbing that black one I posted in the link. I'm still trying to figure out what I'm gonna do when I get the M back.

Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1793 Post(s)

Yea no doubt.. I'll think about grabbing that black one I posted in the link. I'm still trying to figure out what I'm gonna do when I get the M back.
    Keep it and start a car collection?