Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

My buddy's turbo Camaro project

Hey, I figured I'd post up some pics of the project my buddy has been working on for a while now. The car has been through 2 builds and this is the third(and HOPEFULLY final.)

The first build was the usual head, came and intake build. That build made ~405rwhp on a dynojet.

The second build was a Callies forged LS6 build W/ PT76 turbo. It made 830rwhp on a dynojet.

This build is based around a 6.0 iron block.
    All machine work and blueprinting by VAspeed. Callies forged rotating assembly, VAspeed custom ground cam, AFR 225 heads(ported, polished, 5 angle valve job etc...) GT91 turbo(Garret/Precision hybrid.) At this point the car is running and driving on a base tune but is awaiting on a real tune to get any numbers. The tuner/shop is expecting a "safe" 1,100-1200rwhp.

Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlargeBTW, that's a 2 liter.
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

I'll have some vids and dyno sheets soon...
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Thats why I love domestic motors, 1200 whp? lol ez
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

Other people eat shit and die.

I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    @All Motor this is what you need to do when you get back from deployment

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice.....american muscle ftw
    "We need to upgrade your skill before we upgrade your horsepower"

-Tommy to Josh

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    That is beautiful. 1100 whp at a safe level haha, priceless.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    That is beautiful. 1100 whp at a safe level haha, priceless.

Until I actually see the car spinning the rollers i'm not going to believe any 1,000whp+ estimates. I've seen similar builds and numbers but it's still hard hard for me to believe. Of coarse, even then those are just numbers. I love real world performance numbers, I plan on investing in a Vbox eventually and I can't wait to get with my buddy and see what it'll do.
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rader1 Click here to enlarge
    Until I actually see the car spinning the rollers i'm not going to believe any 1,000whp+ estimates. I've seen similar builds and numbers but it's still hard hard for me to believe. Of coarse, even then those are just numbers. I love real world performance numbers, I plan on investing in a Vbox eventually and I can't wait to get with my buddy and see what it'll do.
    o trust me that 1000whp number is most certainly true....but its gonna be the trans components that are gonna be the next point of failure your buddy is gonna have to address
    "We need to upgrade your skill before we upgrade your horsepower"

-Tommy to Josh

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ultimateendz Click here to enlarge
    o trust me that 1000whp number is most certainly true....but its gonna be the trans components that are gonna be the next point of failure your buddy is gonna have to address
    Yeah, that's what he's planning on next is a trans build. He just wants to see how long the stock T56 will hold. He wants to do everything he can to avoid going with a TH400. Can't say I blame him, I could never trade my MT for a AT either.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2093 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Where did he source the iron block?

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Where did he source the iron block?
    IIRC he got it out of a totalled Escalade.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    blocks can be found everywhere, that t56 wont last long haha. They dont like boost. Tell him to to a 4l80e if he doesnt want to go to th400

and @BoostAddict I know but thats to much for me I think haha

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    He's doing everything he can to NOT go AT. He wants to keep it as a "daily driver" and an auto DD is just no fun.

He car was supposed to be dyno tuned yesterday, however the pump for the turbo oil return line crapped out on the way to the tuner. A new pump is on the way, but schedule conflicts means it'll be 2-3 weeks before the car can get on the dyno.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Here's a short video of the car at idle. Not exactly a sleeper lol
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    What did he do for fuel system? And still on stock rear end?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by All Motor Click here to enlarge
    What did he do for fuel system? And still on stock rear end?
    I'll talk to him about the fuel system, I don't want to tell you wrong. I know on his old setup he was running dual Walboro 355s(one was boost activated so it only ran at over xpsi.)

It has a Moser rear diff and axles. The factory diff didn't last 3 weeks on the head and cam setup lol
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Sick ride, hope he lays down some good numbers!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Looks like fun! Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rader1 Click here to enlarge
    I'll talk to him about the fuel system, I don't want to tell you wrong. I know on his old setup he was running dual Walboro 355s(one was boost activated so it only ran at over xpsi.)

It has a Moser rear diff and axles. The factory diff didn't last 3 weeks on the head and cam setup lol
    Thanks buddy cause I think once I get back from deployment where going to do something like this to my Camaro

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    and more pictures lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by All Motor Click here to enlarge
    and more pictures lol
    I'll get what I can. I work 2nd shift sun-mon off and he's on 3rd shift fri-sat off so our schedules mean we hardly ever get to hangout lol
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    can you ask your buddy, how much this build cost him estimate lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Next tike i see him I'll ask him. Also, I'll get a listing of his fuel system components. Right now he's breaking the car in on a base map and is waiting on bigger injectors(based on advice of the tuner) before getting tuned and numbers.
    Click here to enlarge