Close

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sledgehammer Click here to enlarge
    So today I realized that I am greedy...

I know my combo will easily live with 700-800whp. I think my best bet will be to finish the build and break her in/tune her and rid till spring and see what everyone has got. Then add 1000cc injectors, fuel rails & lines along with a smaller pulley and LS6 intake. That should push me well into the 7"s...

This will be a sick ride 1000cc's will provide plenty of fuel for a pump/meth combo .

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mr.Squeeze Click here to enlarge
    This will be a sick ride 1000cc's will provide plenty of fuel for a pump/meth combo .
    Well they run run about $1k and figure another $150 for a pulley and $500 for a new tune. My guess is thats worth getting to 750-800whp just to say I can. I may need to upgrade the fuel rails but not the lines to get there which is still better than a full blown fuel system. We'll see soon enough
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Just a quick set of updates...

One thing my car lacked was gauges and I am not a fan of gauge pods. It screams ricer, boy racer and "Hi Officer" to me. I had been looking for something unique and less obvious. My final decision is this, its called the Zeitronix DashDaq and it will be able to read my Fuel Pressure, AFR and Boost. Plus a host of other functions like Data Logging, Acceleration runs, Navigation (which I did not opt for) and so on. Its the size of a portable Nav screen and is hard wired to the car. You can mount it in the dash space allowing or like any other portable nav on the window. I plan to keep it in the drivers side corner of the windscreen. Here's a video and link to the product itself. I am also posting dyno sheets of the all motor setup and original blower setup as well.

Lastly a pic from last Friday with all the pieces laid out and ready to go. Cell phone quality pics, it is what it is.

Click here to enlarge

All motor with Cam, Vararam, Full Exhaust and Tune
    Click here to enlarge

Blower, Cam, Meth with Full Exhaust and Tune
    Click here to enlarge

http://www.zeitronix.com/Products/dashdaq/dashdaq.shtml
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Interesting...

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Its a cool lil piece after seeing it person to check the size and function of it. Sat in a car on the dyno while this thing ran Boost and AFR it was spot on to the dyno. One thing I should mention its hard wired via the OBD port but it unplugs from the unit itself so I can pull it out just like any other portable screen for cars. Really looking forward to doing acceleration runs with it LOL
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Looks like the ProEFI/Syvecs CAN Display -- It's def a lot cleaner then a bunch of gauges up the A-pillar or a pod in the center of the dash. The data logging onto SD cards & user testing (1/4 mile, 0-60, 60-130, etc) are some great add-ons that seem really simple to integrate
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    Looks like the ProEFI/Syvecs CAN Display -- It's def a lot cleaner then a bunch of gauges up the A-pillar or a pod in the center of the dash. The data logging onto SD cards & user testing (1/4 mile, 0-60, 60-130, etc) are some great add-ons that seem really simple to integrate
    I'm no tech guro but my understanding is that since its plugged into the OBD port it can work off all the sensors to determine speed for instance. Its kinda pricey compared to gauges and a pod but its one stop shopping for my needs.
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Thats the preferred setup.. you can be truely FnF now though and have the guages on the screen, and switch to something else as you need to.

damn, 600rwhp on the old setup, or new?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    I would hope old.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Thats the preferred setup.. you can be truely FnF now though and have the guages on the screen, and switch to something else as you need to.

Thats the old setup the new setup will make more power... The blower dyno is a Dynapack that East Coast Supercharging uses while the new shop Tune Time Performance uses a Mustang MD500. So I will be curious what I am make since the evidence seems to support the Dynapack being optimistic by 3 to 5% vs other dyno's.
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Heads will go on tonight or tomorrow...

Click here to enlarge
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Completed Long Block ready for install... Install will start Monday
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Congrats, good luck.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Subscribing!
    Vortech V2 T-trim 15 psi, forged 347,stock heads, blower cam, shorties, B&B bullets.. Tranzilla with ZR1 ratios waiting for install

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    That screen thing is so FnF lol. Its very neat-O

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Fwiw.. I have injector dynamic 1000cc injectors on my set up.. Using e85... Which requires almost 30% more fuel than a like gasoline set up.. And I'm at 85% duty cycle. They should offer you more than enough with room to grow. And I'm also on stock fuel rails. I highly recommend injector dynamics.. Their flow data on the injectors makes them less of a guessing game for tuners to dial in.. Therefore you will end up with better driveability!
    Vortech V2 T-trim 15 psi, forged 347,stock heads, blower cam, shorties, B&B bullets.. Tranzilla with ZR1 ratios waiting for install

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Z06_TRBL Click here to enlarge
    Fwiw.. I have injector dynamic 1000cc injectors on my set up.. Using e85... Which requires almost 30% more fuel than a like gasoline set up.. And I'm at 85% duty cycle. They should offer you more than enough with room to grow. And I'm also on stock fuel rails. I highly recommend injector dynamics.. Their flow data on the injectors makes them less of a guessing game for tuners to dial in.. Therefore you will end up with better driveability!
    I like the ID's for sure... I went went flow matched Racetronix 80lb injectors for now. But should I desire more then the ID's with a 8rib conversion and more are $4k away installed and tuned. I think for now whatever it makes I will stay at. If E85 were more readily available I would jump on that in a heartbeat.
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Sounds good... Have you thought about a flip drive versus the 8 rib conversion?

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I wont buy anything from Cartek they $#@!ed up on the car once I wont do their products... I believe Arun at CCP has one as well however frankly my end goal is 700whp I expect to be 60 or so whp from the goal on a selfish dyno. I can get close to here with say a ported LS6 intake & ported TB, bigger injectors & a new tune. We'll see which way this goes soon enough. I came close to doing the A&A black V3 Si setup and then decided on ECS since they are local how do you like your kit. My friends 99 coupe with their kit does 550whp with a full exhaust and stock everything else engine wise. What kind of power are you seeing currently
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Wow I'm sorry to hear you got burned! I can understand not wanting to support a business that causes you grief... I'm currently on a basic 6 rib a&a kit 3.4 pulley no belt slip.. Hell its been to 18 psi but that was just to much for the drivetrain in its current form.. Not everyone has these results but it's currently working for me. My entire intake is currently stock however I have a 2" cut down radiator and 4" piping, that dongle was a major restriction... I'm somewhere north of 730rwhp currently but that's an educated guess l... Closer to 680 on 91 crap.. But I have stock heads and bull$#@! bbk shorties stock h pipe and cats so lots of room to improve... Btw the company that makes the flip drive is called hpe... Maybe you can buy it direct! I'm really advocating something I haven't owned I guess but I've heard only great results..

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sledgehammer Click here to enlarge
    I wont buy anything from Cartek they $#@!ed up on the car once I wont do their products... I believe Arun at CCP has one as well however frankly my end goal is 700whp I expect to be 60 or so whp from the goal on a selfish dyno. I can get close to here with say a ported LS6 intake & ported TB, bigger injectors & a new tune. We'll see which way this goes soon enough. I came close to doing the A&A black V3 Si setup and then decided on ECS since they are local how do you like your kit. My friends 99 coupe with their kit does 550whp with a full exhaust and stock everything else engine wise. What kind of power are you seeing currently

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Btw if you could post some pics/results of the dashdaq, that would be awesome! Because I'm tired of my triple gauge pod right in my face, it's horrible fit and finish, and $#@! slapping it while throwing the steering wheel around in an oh $#@! moment

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    That's a ton of power on a stock motor bro... The Z setup is stronger than my LS1 for sure. But still a nice combo that holds power in stock form. You should post some pics of it,love to see see it.

The Dashawn should be in in a few days, there's a link but once it's in the car I will get pics. I will look into the flip drive as well. I figure lets see what I get and I have lots of room to grow if I want to.
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Im liking the growing vette trend we have here..

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Im liking the growing vette trend we have here..
    Feel free to join in sir
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Last minute addition... Ported intake and TB, every little bit helps LOL
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast