Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Ford has been killing them since 2003. And they didn't need a bailout to make the GT500.
    Thats more a bad management issue than anything else IMO. Ford saw i.e. Alan Mulally saw what Ford needed to move forward in terms of management and bet the house on it. It was bold, smart and most importantly it worked. GM didnt see it much less react quickly enough, their management was top heavy and antiquated. Plus from a cultural standpoint they couldnt comprehend change.

That being said GM miscalculated the GT500's potential. Specifically they were chasing what they anticipated would be a 560-575 GT500 with an aluminum block. Compared to the 12 GT500 the ZL1 is much more competitive from an acceleration standpoint and outhandles it. Thats the bogey they chased but they put their cards on the table with the CTS V and everyone knew what GM's next step would be. Ford had already decided to hard for 2013 and GM learned way to late to make a change.
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Here's a vid of a lingenfelter ZL1 that was at the track a few weeks back. He was claiming 560+ whp when I talked to him. The best time he managed all night was 12.6 at 116, and his 60fts were decent he wasn't spinning much at all. I know it bothered him bc my lonely little turbo I6 got a 12.5 at 115 hehe. I tried to lineup next to him but he wouldn't do it.

Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Ouch...
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

ZL1 owners are mad
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

Other people eat shit and die.

I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sledgehammer Click here to enlarge
    Thats more a bad management issue than anything else IMO. Ford saw i.e. Alan Mulally saw what Ford needed to move forward in terms of management and bet the house on it. It was bold, smart and most importantly it worked. GM didnt see it much less react quickly enough, their management was top heavy and antiquated. Plus from a cultural standpoint they couldnt comprehend change.

That being said GM miscalculated the GT500's potential. Specifically they were chasing what they anticipated would be a 560-575 GT500 with an aluminum block. Compared to the 12 GT500 the ZL1 is much more competitive from an acceleration standpoint and outhandles it. Thats the bogey they chased but they put their cards on the table with the CTS V and everyone knew what GM's next step would be. Ford had already decided to hard for 2013 and GM learned way to late to make a change.
    Well yes, GM had bad management that doesn't mean they don't have good engineering but if you can't afford to build cars as well as the competition because you have to cut corners...

Fact remains Ford did stand on their own two feat.

The problem with the ZL1 is they targeted what Ford was doing instead of what they would be doing. And now Ford is dominating them like they have since '03.

So impressed with Ford right now. Part of me is really tempted to get a GT500 and just say $#@! it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by The crying guy in the previous page
    cobracon....STFU....I have seen where a mere 12k will net you a zl1 in the nines...so take 55K plus 12k and for 67k you get a gt500 with the desired options lucky to be in the 12s or a zl1 in the high nines with alot more great features the ford does not nor ever will have...check on LIVERNOIS for example........Ford boys should go to thier web site ......
    This dude has no idea what what he's talking about.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Again the crying guy
    value for value you cannot beat the zl1......it has so many more standard options included in the price that the mustang does not...ever priced a gt500? the 13 I would want is 73 thousand dollars and I would be giving up so many nice options such as independant rear suspension, the best shocks, back up camera, heated seats, optional automatic, etc, etc etc....
    And I could go to livernois for that extra cash in the cost for the add ons for the stang and blow the stangs doors off and have no inclination what so ever as to go to a mustang web site and post there because when your right your right, so long live the zl1 fans heres a good joke for you
    Where is the 73,000 price tag coming from? Who gives a thing about heated seats!

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by This guy again
    geez what a rant.........Ask the gt 500 driver if he had heated seats? How about IRS? or maybe he would like to not pay 2K for his stereo or 7K to make it track ready, Or 1.5k for retardo buckets....you see loosing is a state of mind have you ever looked at the compairison of options from a gt 500 to a zl1? how about the warranty? Or the fact they are running twice the boost in a overbored eninge pressed to the limits allready? So take the money the gt500 owner spent on his uglier car....add it to the zl1 in upgrades and your in the nines smoking his ass with alot more for your money.....now whos the looser?
    Seriously, are heated seat big deal? I never use it.
    And Retardo buckets! First it was Recardo now it's Retardo?

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by The same guy
    mustangs are like aholes..............
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sorena Click here to enlarge
    This dude has no idea what what he's talking about.

Where is the 73,000 price tag coming from? Who gives a thing about heated seats!

Seriously, are heated seat big deal? I never use it.
    And Retardo buckets! First it was Recardo now it's Retardo?

Click here to enlarge

Dealers are marking these cars up over sticker but its not a $73k MSRP so boo on that $#@!... Livernois is a US Muscle shop, they do sick work on Mustangs and Camaro's so again boo on that $#@!. The ZL1 is a great car and well rounded for damn sure, but its slow for what it is. A GT500 will eat its lunch in 90% of the driving events most drivers will do. Stop light to stop light, roll races, high speed pulls and drag strips. The road course will come down to track length and how technical it is... Someplace like VIR is gonna give the GT500 room to run away vs say a Lime Rock will favor the ZL1. Bottom line I do a GT500
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sledgehammer Click here to enlarge
    Dealers are marking these cars up over sticker but its not a $73k MSRP so boo on that $#@!... Livernois is a US Muscle shop, they do sick work on Mustangs and Camaro's so again boo on that $#@!. The ZL1 is a great car and well rounded for damn sure, but its slow for what it is. A GT500 will eat its lunch in 90% of the driving events most drivers will do. Stop light to stop light, roll races, high speed pulls and drag strips. The road course will come down to track length and how technical it is... Someplace like VIR is gonna give the GT500 room to run away vs say a Lime Rock will favor the ZL1. Bottom line I do a GT500
    Pretty much spot on.
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

Other people eat shit and die.

I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TZ04XJR Click here to enlarge
    A total failure with that driver.. Almost irritating to watch.
    couldn't figure out how to stage , launches are horrible and then tries to burnout with traction control on.....this guy is the ultimate in epic failure . my mom is 63 yrs old and she drove my friends '67 Chevelle down the track a few years ago . the car is a 9.50 car and she actually went 9.80 in it . she had never been down the track a day in her life until then and she looked a hell of a lot better than this guy .

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BAD430BENZ Click here to enlarge
    couldn't figure out how to stage , launches are horrible and then tries to burnout with traction control on.....this guy is the ultimate in epic failure . my mom is 63 yrs old and she drove my friends '67 Chevelle down the track a few years ago . the car is a 9.50 car and she actually went 9.80 in it . she had never been down the track a day in her life until then and she looked a hell of a lot better than this guy .
    Life failure! Haha..

That's awesome!! There was on older woman 60+ years old drag racing her C63 at TX2k12.. My friends and I enjoyed seeing it on the DVD.

-TZ
    09' M3 AA Gen 2 Level 2 S/C
    03' Viper Roadster- FBO
    10' X5M
    09' Cayenne GTS
    11' Jaguar XFR
    08' CLS63 AMG
    08' EVO X GSR- FBO
    13' F10 550i M Sport

Past:
    07' C6 Z06
    11' M3 Comp DCT