Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by leo985i Click here to enlarge
    WTF!!! This thing just came out and already putting down such impressive numbers?? How much is this kit? Unbelievable.....
    wasn't there an SC kit out for the car a month before the car was even released?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Not sure, but if that's true then wow! These platforms get tuned quick!!! I wonder if they changed the internals of the motor to handle the huge power jump, or if it's still on stock internals.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16680

Car details -

440WHP 340WTQ - DynoJet 224

STOCK LONGBLOCK.

Accelerated Performance BRZ-400 Turbo Kit @ 20PSI
    AEM Tru Boost Controller
    Stock Header
    Accelerated Performance catless turbo back exhaust
    OMNI 4 BAR Map Sensor
    DW65 Pump
    DW900 Injectors
    Exedy Clutch

Car was tuned using the factory computer using EcuTek RaceRom

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Crazy $#@!........

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Uhm.... WOW! 11.3@127 wtf! so $29k for a fully loaded BRZ and $5k for a turbo kit and maybe another $3k in supporting mods. That's $37k for a brand new car that runs 11.3@127..... sign me up LOL

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16680

Car details -

440WHP 340WTQ - DynoJet 224

STOCK LONGBLOCK.

Accelerated Performance BRZ-400 Turbo Kit @ 20PSI
    AEM Tru Boost Controller
    Stock Header
    Accelerated Performance catless turbo back exhaust
    OMNI 4 BAR Map Sensor
    DW65 Pump
    DW900 Injectors
    Exedy Clutch

Car was tuned using the factory computer using EcuTek RaceRom
    2011 335is DCT, JB4 + MHD BEF, stage 2 LPFP, e50 + 50/50 meth, FBO, MT ET Streets when needed

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Great bang for your buck!

Lol if you read the ft86 thread there are people arguing about what was the best mod on the car, driver mod or turbo mod....lol really?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

I need a driver mod! LOL i can't find a vendor that has one though. haha
    2011 335is DCT, JB4 + MHD BEF, stage 2 LPFP, e50 + 50/50 meth, FBO, MT ET Streets when needed

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Current rumor is the BRZ STi will be non-turbo, possibly because of some agreement with Toyota.

Regardless, I had a chance to drive a modified tire/suspension BRZ a couple weeks ago, and I was thoroughly impressed. Subjectively, the car felt as solid as a Porsche Cayman S, although tuned a little more for understeer. Despite the stiffer than stock suspension, it soaked up bumps well enough that I could live with it every day. I am 95% sure I will have a BRZ for my next vehicle.

And it's personal preference, but I disagree with Sticky that the RX-8 is more attractive. While the BRZ is not as good looking as the FD RX-7 (no doubt one of the most beautiful cars ever made), it is much better looking than that weird mix of angles and curves that made the RX-8. Click here to enlarge

Interestingly enough, the original BRZ STi concept rear end looks like an Audi:

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by andrew20195 Click here to enlarge
    Current rumor is the BRZ STi will be non-turbo, possibly because of some agreement with Toyota.

Regardless, I had a chance to drive a modified tire/suspension BRZ a couple weeks ago, and I was thoroughly impressed. Subjectively, the car felt as solid as a Porsche Cayman S, although tuned a little more for understeer. Despite the stiffer than stock suspension, it soaked up bumps well enough that I could live with it every day. I am 95% sure I will have a BRZ for my next vehicle.

And it's personal preference, but I disagree with Sticky that the RX-8 is more attractive. While the BRZ is not as good looking as the FD RX-7 (no doubt one of the most beautiful cars ever made), it is much better looking than that weird mix of angles and curves that made the RX-8. Click here to enlarge

Interestingly enough, the original BRZ STi concept rear end looks like an Audi:

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f1...psd152ed12.jpg
    Great impressions.

Lack of a turbo kind of kills it somewhat depending on the motor.

It wil be BRZ STI?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Well, I have somewhere between 6-18 months before my mortgage is paid off, depending on how some of my investments turn out, so it will be after that. I will probably wait on the official STi info to be revealed before making a decision, but regardless of which I buy, a turbo will be one of the first things I do to it.

I was really impressed that despite the 215 width factory tires, it's possible to fit 255 width tires on all four corners, which greatly improves the maximum grip.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)

215 is a little skinny stock...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

I agree. Supposedly they did that to intentionally lower the limits of the car to make them more accessible at reasonable speeds.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)

I agree. Supposedly they did that to intentionally lower the limits of the car to make them more accessible at reasonable speeds.
    Interesting. Where are you getting this information from?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

I shot this video of an FS-R this summer. Dynosty, a shop out of Kentucky had it out and they went 11.1 on their first pass down the track. The run I shot was slightly slower because they hot lapped.

http://www.dynosty.com/2012/10/scion...ss-11-1-127-9/
    07 E92 335I | JB4 G5 ISO | BMS E85 Flash | DCI | BMS DPs | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCU Flash | Walbro GLS392 | E70 | 429rwhp/474rwtq

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky
    Interesting. Where are you getting this information from?
    I'm a shop foreman for a car dealership which recently acquired a Subaru franchise, and between speaking with Subaru technical employees, reading magazine reviews, watching YouTube videos... it was one of those, lol. I seem to remember an interview with the Japanese designers of the car where they stated as much.

Funny thing is, I never really considered buying one until I drove it. Even if you have no intention of buying one, I would highly recommend driving a BRZ/FR-S/GT-86 to see what it's about.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)

I'm a shop foreman for a car dealership which recently acquired a Subaru franchise, and between speaking with Subaru technical employees, reading magazine reviews, watching YouTube videos... it was one of those, lol. I seem to remember an interview with the Japanese designers of the car where they stated as much.

Funny thing is, I never really considered buying one until I drove it. Even if you have no intention of buying one, I would highly recommend driving a BRZ/FR-S/GT-86 to see what it's about.
    Your information is much appreciated.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Probably wait a few years. Buy one for $12k, strip it, and beat the living sh*t out of it at the track. I wouldn't ever buy one of these as my dd.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12