Close

Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,697
    Rep Points
    31,533.2
    Mentioned
    2063 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No

    APR releases Stage I ECU tune upgrade for Audi R8 V10 5.2, +59 horsepower on 93 octane - $1349

    The Audi R8 5.2 V10 in stock form shares the exact same motor as the Lamborghini Gallardo. Both cars do not have the same horsepower rating however with the Gallardo LP-560 rated at 552 horsepower. The R8 on the other hand is limited by the factory software to not step on the Gallardo's toes to 518 horses. This means there is plenty of power to unlock with a tune to bring the car up to Gallardo specs and then some.

    In comes APR who bumps the R8 5.2 up considerably for a claimed total of 583 at the crank on 93 octane. We are very pleased APR provided wheel horsepower and crank graphs both on 93 and 91 octane for this upgrade. This is exactly how it should be done.

    The crank baseline was 526 horses and with the tune they hit 583. Definitely a considerable gain of 59 horses but this drops down to 559 horses and a gain of 36 horses on 91 octane. A great upgrade R8 V10 owners should look into as there is no reason for them to play second fiddle to the Gallardo for the sake of image.

    Click here to enlarge

    Click here to enlarge

    Click here to enlarge


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Encino,CA
    Posts
    7,989
    Rep Points
    5,690.9
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    57


    Reputation: Yes | No
    That's a pretty big gain for just a tune on that v10. For only 1350, I'd drop that cash in a heartbeat.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

    It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    The world...
    Posts
    1,331
    Rep Points
    1,202.2
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    13


    Reputation: Yes | No
    498 to the wheels doesnt seem like much for a car of that caliber and price but that curve looks beautiful. Very curious to see what it traps after this tune.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,697
    Rep Points
    31,533.2
    Mentioned
    2063 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Q4P Click here to enlarge
    498 to the wheels doesnt seem like much for a car of that caliber and price but that curve looks beautiful. Very curious to see what it traps after this tune.
    The power is to all four wheels.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    The world...
    Posts
    1,331
    Rep Points
    1,202.2
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    13


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    The power is to all four wheels.
    No doubt it's powerful but for that price it would be awful it suddenly found itself on a highway against a single turbo 335i or even a s/c M3.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,697
    Rep Points
    31,533.2
    Mentioned
    2063 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Q4P Click here to enlarge
    No doubt it's powerful but for that price it would be awful it suddenly found itself on a highway against a single turbo 335i or even a s/c M3.
    That goes for a whole lot of naturally aspirated cars.

    The Gallardo has trapped in the upper 120's btw...

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    The world...
    Posts
    1,331
    Rep Points
    1,202.2
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    13


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    That goes for a whole lot of naturally aspirated cars.

    The Gallardo has trapped in the upper 120's btw...

    I think a Z06 with cams, headers, tune and boltons is the fastest NA true street car that I can think of... it can probably trap low 130's and I think it would be a nice race.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,697
    Rep Points
    31,533.2
    Mentioned
    2063 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Q4P Click here to enlarge
    I think a Z06 with cams, headers, tune and boltons is the fastest NA true street car that I can think of... it can probably trap low 130's and I think it would be a nice race.
    That's 1... with a good amount mods.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    HG Motorsports
    Posts
    385
    Rep Points
    512.7
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Q4P Click here to enlarge
    No doubt it's powerful but for that price it would be awful it suddenly found itself on a highway against a single turbo 335i or even a s/c M3.
    You would be surprised at how slow a lot of these supercars actually car. Lucky for me, I live in an area where people buy their 16 year old daughters F13 M6 convertibles (just happened to a friend of mine) and where they drive their supercars like we drive our Bimmers so I've had tons of experience driving/riding in and racing against these cars.

    My tune-only (JB3 N55 Stage 1 running ~14psi) 135i was neck and neck with a first generation Gallardo Spyder until we got to around 100 where he began inching forwards, I got a car on him on the launch and stayed there until 100, and at 140 he finally got in front of me.

    I also had a guy in a Ferrari 360 pull up next to me when I was fully stock, look over and flip his paddle shifters a couple of times until he was in 2nd gear. I downshifted as quickly as I could but he was already in-gear and got a half-car jump on me, I pulled past like nothing.

    The problem is gearing for a lot of these cars, below 60 they are way out of their peaky powerband and their owners usually don't have the balls to keep their foot in it until 100+ when they would regain the ground lost at low speeds.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    The world...
    Posts
    1,331
    Rep Points
    1,202.2
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    13


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Remonster Click here to enlarge
    You would be surprised at how slow a lot of these supercars actually car. Lucky for me, I live in an area where people buy their 16 year old daughters F13 M6 convertibles (just happened to a friend of mine) and where they drive their supercars like we drive our Bimmers so I've had tons of experience driving/riding in and racing against these cars.

    My tune-only (JB3 N55 Stage 1 running ~14psi) 135i was neck and neck with a first generation Gallardo Spyder until we got to around 100 where he began inching forwards, I got a car on him on the launch and stayed there until 100, and at 140 he finally got in front of me.

    I also had a guy in a Ferrari 360 pull up next to me when I was fully stock, look over and flip his paddle shifters a couple of times until he was in 2nd gear. I downshifted as quickly as I could but he was already in-gear and got a half-car jump on me, I pulled past like nothing.

    The problem is gearing for a lot of these cars, below 60 they are way out of their peaky powerband and their owners usually don't have the balls to keep their foot in it until 100+ when they would regain the ground lost at low speeds.
    Valid points but remember the difference 10 years have made... in 2003 that original Gallardo was spaceship fast... but we all know it only traps like 119 lol. There is a big difference in the Lp560 and the standard gallardo, as well as the 360, 430 and now 458... Today, there are turbo monsters like the new heavy Cls63 which is essentially a large family sedan that traps 130 with a tune lol... Technology has leapt forward incredibly during that time so I would honestly discount any NA vehicle older than 2006 when racing unless we're talking about an Enzo or something. Turbo is a different discussion because even the older models can be easily tuned to be faster... It's a great example of why the world is going turbo and I am all for it...

    PS - when youre friends daughter turns 18, pass my info on lol

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,697
    Rep Points
    31,533.2
    Mentioned
    2063 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Q4P Click here to enlarge
    PS - when youre friends daughter turns 18, pass my info on lol
    Messed up man! Unless I get her info too.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    HG Motorsports
    Posts
    385
    Rep Points
    512.7
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Reputation: Yes | No
    hahahaha she's 16 and only staying here for a month, she lives in France so naturally I'm a little more interested in what happens with that gorgeous car at the end of summer...I'll be sure to get videos of it vs as many other cars as I can get my hands on.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    967
    Rep Points
    1,459.5
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    15


    Reputation: Yes | No
    That's a quality video right there. Very well done APR.

    As delicious as the exhaust sounds, I love hearing that "clank" from the gated shifter. Sure sounds cooler than the "click" of my DCT hahaha
    2002 E46 M3 6MT | Jet Black . Black Nappa | My GermanBoost Build Thread
    2009 E90 M3 DCT | Melbourne Red . Speed Cloth

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    le Paris
    Posts
    6,653
    Rep Points
    -230.0
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Remonster Click here to enlarge
    hahahaha she's 16 and only staying here for a month, she lives in France so naturally I'm a little more interested in what happens with that gorgeous car at the end of summer...I'll be sure to get videos of it vs as many other cars as I can get my hands on.
    So what does she drive in France?

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •