Close

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BoostAddict Click here to enlarge
    I think his kit originally came with a 5857 or something like that. Lashway Motorsports is putting everything together for him.
    Let me know what he hits. 450whp is usually the limitation with the stock fuel system and 100 octane.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    BTW, I guess I'm going to pull the plug and just go bigger. They company replied and said they'll give me a new turbo for half the cost and my old one. I'll probably do that and just sell it myself or something. I did want the larger EFR but i don't think that's a possibility. I will go with an older style Mitsubishi td06 25g. They're cheaper and easier to rebuild if something goes wrong. They're usually pretty strong turbos as well. It'll push my full boost from 3.5k rpm to about 4.2-4.5k rpm full boost which is a lot compared to my EFR, but I should see over 100whp gain if we can do it. The turbo is rated at 700chp and is a custom build with billet wheel as well. I will have to buy some charge pipes with MAF relocate since I wont be using an intake anymore, just a filter on the turbo since it's 4" inlet. I will also buy the HKS ssqv blow off. Pretty much a whole new build.
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    As some of you may know, my EFR blew out last Friday. Unfortunately I'm still in the process to hopefully get it warrantied but I highly doubt that. It's been over a week and I haven't heard anything from the company (ZZP) that I purchased this turbo from. Long story short, looks like I'm going to have to buy another turbo cause this is taking way too long. Unless ZZP gets back to me in time with some sort of answer I will be moving on to a different turbo. I'm kind of hesitant to move on to an older technology turbo but we will see how it goes. It will be a td06 super 25g turbo, 600whp capable. That is my last option as I have to pretty much put together a whole new kit :/. I'm hoping ZZP gets back to me as I've asked them to be a guinea pig for their larger bolt on EFR kit. Whatever though, $#@! happens and hopefully I can get this solved.

Anybody ever had a blown turbo after 7 months? Anyone have a turbo warrantied or have gone through something like this. Please let me know as I'm pretty much lost. :/
    Why shouldn't your warranty be honored?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rooringhusky Click here to enlarge
    Call EFR directly and let them know which retailer you bought it from....Tell them to help you with the warranty process since you cant get in contact with the retailer....Try to push them into feeling obligated to help you by saying how long you waited for the turbo and how youve only had it for 7 months before issues....Push for the replacement...!!
    +1

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    BTW, I guess I'm going to pull the plug and just go bigger. They company replied and said they'll give me a new turbo for half the cost and my old one. I'll probably do that and just sell it myself or something. I did want the larger EFR but i don't think that's a possibility. I will go with an older style Mitsubishi td06 25g. They're cheaper and easier to rebuild if something goes wrong. They're usually pretty strong turbos as well. It'll push my full boost from 3.5k rpm to about 4.2-4.5k rpm full boost which is a lot compared to my EFR, but I should see over 100whp gain if we can do it. The turbo is rated at 700chp and is a custom build with billet wheel as well. I will have to buy some charge pipes with MAF relocate since I wont be using an intake anymore, just a filter on the turbo since it's 4" inlet. I will also buy the HKS ssqv blow off. Pretty much a whole new build.
    Sounds fine to me just get that other turbo and sell it to offset the cost somewhat.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Why shouldn't your warranty be honored?
    Heh, apparently what the shop said. Since this was a rebuilt turbo already there isn't a warranty. The turbo I got was over 2 years old. They knew it was gonna happen, that's why I didn't even bother to contact Borg Warner. I knew some $#@! would hit the fan.

Sounds fine to me just get that other turbo and sell it to offset the cost somewhat.

Yep, gonna take that as my labor charge pretty much. Have to pay for $#@!ing labor again. W/e though, hopefully this new turbo kit will $#@! on the other one. However, looking at my dyno, I had one amazing powerband. That EFR was the $#@!, and I know I will miss it. This new turbo will most likely look like one of those HPF dynos haha. Oh well, now I won't have a problem with this turbo as it can hit about 600whp. I need to build the motor and do fueling adjustments to go over 500whp though. I'm ready for a 500whp stock motor dyno.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Since this was a rebuilt turbo already there isn't a warranty. The turbo I got was over 2 years old.
    Ok, ya, that makes sense.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    New turbo kit is here. Will probably make a new thread tomorrow with all my new parts. Install will be on Saturday.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    New turbo kit is here. Will probably make a new thread tomorrow with all my new parts. Install will be on Saturday.
    Congrats and awesome. You must be happy.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Good luck on the build!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Congrats and awesome. You must be happy.
    Yea, I'm pretty happy. I just hope it is installed smoothly and tuning it will be easy. I'm not in the mood for crap with this turbo lol.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by R35 Click here to enlarge
    Good luck on the build!
    Thanks bro! Hopefully this turbo kit doesn't blow like the first. LOL
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yea, I'm pretty happy. I just hope it is installed smoothly and tuning it will be easy. I'm not in the mood for crap with this turbo lol.
    If it makes a bunch more power I think you'll be happy.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    If it makes a bunch more power I think you'll be happy.
    As far as numbers with the turbo sizing amd research ive done. I have no doubt it wouldnt i guess. I just hope the powerband is just as nice. I set the bar oretty high with my fisrt dyno.
    Burger Motorsports

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456