Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

Boss 302 test drive mulholand....

Test drove the blue boss 302 today first they had me drive the GT 5.0 to see if I was serious and I got to say the engine is fantastic! Its got amazing torque and hp for a mustang gt. seems as fast as the m3. it's very responsive as well. The rest of the package is not there so much. Shifter was decent and clutch light with high catch.

So then they let me drive the boss 302. There was a black laguna secs that sold for 30 over in there. Ridiculous.

I drove the blue one in the pics. The exhaust is glorious!! It's got a quad exhaust. 2 out the rear and 2 out the side in front of rear tire. So my test driver was a really cool guy and we started driving towards coldwater canyon if u know the valley u know where I'm headed. But lots of traffic so I make a right on mulholand. And off I go. Full throttle, full braking, glorious clutch and gear box. The pedals were perfect for heel toeing. I wa so confident I went for the upshift on areas I hadn't in other cars knowing I was gonna have to nail a downshift sooner than expected. Few turns I stayed in 3rd where I could of been in 2nd. And the torque and ability to exit turns was better than I expected. I was never thrown off by the live rear axle. It felt planted and I was really worried about that. The gearbox has short throws and close together but very light and smooth. Although sometimes I would get a bog from 2 to 3 which seemed weird. Clutch felt hydraulically assisted, not sure if it is. A little understeer at the limit but much less than my c63. Car felt much lighter cause it is. Steering was good, lighter than I like but I know it has 3 setting which I never touched. Car had great feedback and was very adjustable. Under hard braking and heel toeing I would get some tire lock up but the brakes were FANTASTIC but can say if they have enough endurance and they are brembos up front.

Simply put I love it and may get it. And the salesman with me loved it!!! He looks over and says damn you can drive! Then he pulled out his iPhone to film. I'll try and get the video. I think I preferred it to th m3 but it's been a year since I drove one. Obviously I am only referring to the sports side not the luxury.

Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Current:
    14 Viper TA
    Wsir - 1:28:9
    Buttonwillow C13 - 1:54:1

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Nice writeup; thanks. Ford seems to have most of the ingredients right with the GT/Boss 302/Shelby GT500.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DD GT3 RD Click here to enlarge
    There was a black laguna secs that sold for 30 over in there
    30 over as in a mark up of $30,000?? That is just plain nuts. However, I did see a Boss 302 for sale in San Diego for $70,000...no joke.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Are you planning on getting one? lol
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Nice writeup. Car sounds fun would like to see that video. You drove right by my house.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    very nice. Ford has definitely been stepping their game up
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Blitz535i Click here to enlarge
    Nice writeup; thanks. Ford seems to have most of the ingredients right with the GT/Boss 302/Shelby GT500.

30 over as in a mark up of $30,000?? That is just plain nuts. However, I did see a Boss 302 for sale in San Diego for $70,000...no joke.
    Yes! Crazy! It was on the Laguna Seca version. I saw at another dealer the "regular" 302 sold for over by 5-7 grand I believe.
    Ill never pay over for a car

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    Are you planning on getting one? lol
    Yes, almost did it today. May do it this weekend. Havent had that much fun in a car in a bit
    Current:
    14 Viper TA

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    So you felt the Boss was that big of a difference?

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    So whats the actual retail on these cars? My dad had a 69 Mach 1, blue w/gold stripes, and seeing these cars makes me wanna get into one.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    So you felt the Boss was that big of a difference?
    The handling was completely different. I didn't get to push the gt much but yes. Gt felt soft and sloppy compared to it. Gt felt torquier cause it has 10lb ft more but felt like more. But it's the complete package. Brakes were great, clutch, gearbox, steering is fantastic with great feedback, car is very adjustable, felt planted exiting turns and very predictable and sure footed

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Matt@AUTOCouture Click here to enlarge
    So whats the actual retail on these cars? My dad had a 69 Mach 1, blue w/gold stripes, and seeing these cars makes me wanna get into one.
    Around 42-45
    Current:
    14 Viper TA

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Will this be an addition to the c63 or a trade in?
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    Will this be an addition to the c63 or a trade in?
    I would be getting rid of the c63 and getting the boss. I'm 99% on it. May go tomorrow
    Ford offered me 48k on trade in. Carmax offered me 54k today. So will prob go that route
    Current:
    14 Viper TA

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Any member who want a great deal are welcome to my car at the Carmax price.
    Current:
    14 Viper TA

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I would be getting rid of the c63 and getting the boss. I'm 99% on it. May go tomorrow
    Ford offered me 48k on trade in. Carmax offered me 54k today. So will prob go that route
    go to carmax and get the $$ then go to ford Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Around 42-45
    Whoa GTFO really?!?! I think I know what my next car will be.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The price vs performance argument is hard to argue with here... Is it as luxurious as any M, of course not but its not a bad interior overall. They went to retro IMO...

Thats a good write up and an honest one.

@Matt@AUTOCouture you and Tom could build Vette's and Mustangs that would be interesting.
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sledgehammer Click here to enlarge
    The price vs performance argument is hard to argue with here... Is it as luxurious as any M, of course not but its not a bad interior overall. They went to retro IMO...

Thats a good write up and an honest one.

@Matt@AUTOCouture you and Tom could build Vette's and Mustangs that would be interesting.
    AND cts-v's...(dont be leaving me out now...lol)...glad to see another member going domestic....i think the US is making stride upon stride in the performance category with every new iteration of every car that comes out...
    "We need to upgrade your skill before we upgrade your horsepower"

-Tommy to Josh

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ultimateendz Click here to enlarge
    AND cts-v's...(dont be leaving me out now...lol)...glad to see another member going domestic....i think the US is making stride upon stride in the performance category with every new iteration of every car that comes out...
    Yes and V's as well LOL...
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Best Mustang currently available... can you discuss a bit more the suspension difference between the 5.0 and the 302. The 5.0, I drove has incredible body and brake roll and felt intensely heavy. Does the 302 address these issues?

Also, I have no idea why this car keep getting compared to an M3. They are not competitors, not in the same class, of different price ranges and for a different type of customer. I have no idea who cross shops a 302 and an M3 unless their only idea in buying one is performance which for M car owners, rarely is.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Q4P Click here to enlarge
    Best Mustang currently available... can you discuss a bit more the suspension difference between the 5.0 and the 302. The 5.0, I drove has incredible body and brake roll and felt intensely heavy. Does the 302 address these issues?

Also, I have no idea why this car keep getting compared to an M3. They are not competitors, not in the same class, of different price ranges and for a different type of customer. I have no idea who cross shops a 302 and an M3 unless their only idea in buying one is performance which for M car owners, rarely is.
    The simple answer is that they are very like minded setups... V8, RWD, 2dr, 4seaters you can argue the other stuff ad naseum but they line up well in terms of power, weight and so on. The Mustang is certainly the more raw of the two cars which for some is appealing while the M is more luxurious which for some is more appealing. I'll let the OP answer the remaining questions
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Q4P Click here to enlarge

I agree about the 5.0 The engine is fantastic and torque. Lot of power for the $$$ But yes the suspension is soft on it. Car feels loose and sloppy. Has dive, front end lifts a lot when accelerating like an old muscle car. Lots of body roll and has $#@!ty tires.

"fully adjustable shocks, as in the original Boss 302, as well as higher-rate coil springs, stiffer suspension bushings, and a larger rear stabilizer bar. By twisting adjustment screws on the top of each shock, drivers can select from five progressively firmer settings. One is the softest, two the factory setting, and five the firmest. All these new suspension bits lowered the Boss by 0.4 inch in the front and 0.04 inch in the rear, giving it a slight rake."

It also has a Torsen Limited Slip

and I believe the LS version has an even bigger sway
    Last edited by DD GT3 RD; 06-17-2012 at 02:20 PM.
    Current:
    14 Viper TA

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Col

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Blurry cause he sent me it over message but said he could try and load it to comp then send it. But you can hear the engine and tires a bit

Current:
    14 Viper TA

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Sitting at dealer now, doing paper work.
    Current:
    14 Viper TA

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Sitting at dealer now, doing paper work.
    Nice.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Congrats!
    Current: '00 S2000
    Previous: '15 M235i xDrive | '15 Macan S | '15 WRX STi | '06 Cayman S | '12 E92 335is w/JB4 | '10 STi

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast