Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

First 2013 Shelby GT500 in the 9's

This was mentioned in the "First 2013 Shelby GT500 in the 10's" thread of just a couple days ago. Here's the video...it's claimed the car only has "basic bolt ons" but the exact mods will be revealed in the October issue of 5.0 Mustangs/Super Fords. Anyway, impressive nontheless for a car that has been out about a month or two now I think (if that...).

**Edit - Sticky if this is a repost in your mind since it was already mentioned, feel free to delete**

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    thats just plain $#@!ing nasty!!!!
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    As expected. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    That car is just a beast. These new Mustangs are nasty with minimal money into them.
    Current: 2012 CTS-V - stock for now
    Past: 2009 135i 6MT - JB4, bolt ons, meth, E85

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    That's too crazy to be honest. Stock internals and basic bolt ons with race fuel, trapping 142. I would really wanna know what these basic bolt ons are anyone know? lol
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2084 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    How can you hate this? Answer is, you can't.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    That's too crazy to be honest. Stock internals and basic bolt ons with race fuel, trapping 142. I would really wanna know what these basic bolt ons are anyone know? lol
    The speculation is that the mods are something very similar to:

X Pipe, Long Tubes, Lower Pulley, Cold Air Intake, Tune

I'll keep checking back on SVT Performance to see if anybody lets the cat out of the bag prior to the October issue of 5.0 Mustangs/Super Fords where this mod list is scheduled to be released.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Blitz535i Click here to enlarge
    The speculation is that the mods are something very similar to:

X Pipe, Long Tubes, Lower Pulley, Cold Air Intake, Tune

I'll keep checking back on SVT Performance to see if anybody lets the cat out of the bag prior to the October issue of 5.0 Mustangs/Super Fords where this mod list is scheduled to be released.

I think I hear some sort of cams in the mix, but I agree with the mods lol
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    no spray?? I've heard that one before... also cams are internals not bolt ons... Still very impressive but lets keep a clear head.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Q4P Click here to enlarge
    no spray?? I've heard that one before... also cams are internals not bolt ons... Still very impressive but lets keep a clear head.
    That run was done without spray, I also believe cams were not changed for the 9 sec run. It was just bolt ons and tires and tune.
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

Other people eat shit and die.

I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I think I read on svtp that the article is supposed to show what a gt500 with $2500 in mods can do. 2500 is including the wheel and tire set up.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BoostAddict Click here to enlarge
    I think I read on svtp that the article is supposed to show what a gt500 with $2500 in mods can do. 2500 is including the wheel and tire set up.
    Crap, I need to sell my car.
    Burger Motorsports

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Full exhaust, tuned, wheels/tires and stock suspension. I believe its pullied as well.

Straightline speed is just sick with this car, its handles very well but as evidenced not as well as the ZL1. Still balls out fast though
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2084 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    This car is retarded.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sledgehammer Click here to enlarge
    Full exhaust, tuned, wheels/tires and stock suspension. I believe its pullied as well.

Straightline speed is just sick with this car, its handles very well but as evidenced not as well as the ZL1. Still balls out fast though
    That will change in 2-3 years when the Mustang gets a proper IRS.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Maybe. 01-04 cobras were IRS and handled like $#@!. SRA isn't that big of deal handling wise like people think anyway.

We haven't actually seen a true track test yet so we don't actually know the ZL1 is faster. Just some half assed insideline review. I want to see a motortrend review like they did with the GT vs M3.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2084 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    InsideLine reviews are some of the best IMO.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    InsideLine reviews are so of the best IMO.
    The handling stats between the zl1 gt500 were very close. The reviewer said the zl1 blows the gt500 out of the water. It's an obvious bias, and made them lose credibility in my eyes. Especially when skid pad g's don't mean much i.e. 03-04 cobras pull .9g on a skidpad yet aren't good at all on a track.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2084 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BoostAddict Click here to enlarge
    The handling stats between the zl1 gt500 were very close. The reviewer said the zl1 blows the gt500 out of the water.
    This is exactly what I said. People were acting like it was night and day, it's close.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Evolution does great stuff...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    The article from October's issue of 5.0 Mustangs & Fast Fords that chronicles this GT500's run into the 9's is finally out.

Full article can be found here:

http://www.mustang50magazine.com/tec...TRauc.facebook

Some of the basics from the article:

On the Strip

Nelson Whitlock wheeled the '13 GT500 to a 10.02 on its first outing, which was tantalizing. On the second outing, a headwind kept things in the low 10s. After a move up to 4.30 gears and some additional at-the-track tuning from Jon Lund, the team cracked into the mythical 9-second zone with a 9.95 at 142.36 mph.

On the Dyno

With just a handful of modifications topped with Jon Lund's custom tuning, the Trinity 5.8 motor approached 800 rwhp with the stock supercharger. As you can see, boost didn't increase much but the engine efficiency improved greatly. The final gains with the bolt-ons and fuel resulted in gains just shy of 200 hp and 200 lb-ft. How awesome is that?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2084 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Blitz535i Click here to enlarge
    How awesome is that?
    It makes me want to cry.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    that is unbelievable!! so that car has around 860bhp with probably 10k under the hood and runs 9's!! thats better than gtr bang for the buck