Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

First 2013 GT500 in 10's

Very impressive!

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums...gt500-10s.htmlhttp://www.svtperformance.com/forums...gt500-10s.html

First 2013 GT500 in the 10's

Evolution Performance Evolution Performance, Inc. - Automotive Parts & Accessories, Race Cars - Aston, PA | Facebook

Posted this up today.

"First 2013 Shelby GT500 in The 10's - 10.37@140MPH (Boost Only) F
    irst Pass of the Day!"

Click here to enlarge

They followed that up with

"Second Pass - 10.02@141MPH (Boost Only) WOW!"

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Now that's my FORD!!!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'd like to see what this thing does on stock tires with tune only... when one of the major mags tried dragging it, the results weren't even close to as impressive.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Q4P Click here to enlarge
    I'd like to see what this thing does on stock tires with tune only... when one of the major mags tried dragging it, the results weren't even close to as impressive.
    Well you can't impress everyone... Evolution does impressive work, this will be in an article soon enough to get full details. I would imagine baseline passes will have been made to quantify the gains.
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sledgehammer Click here to enlarge
    Well you can't impress everyone... Evolution does impressive work, this will be in an article soon enough to get full details. I would imagine baseline passes will have been made to quantify the gains.

I'll put it to you this way... I wil wait to make judgements until I see average joes do it. The first NA 5.0 to run 10s was redneck marketing at its finest, it was hilarious... They considered a car on slicks, full boltons, 1000 lb weight reduction and a shot of Nitrous to be NA and streetable lololol.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Very nice, for people into drag racing, seems the new mustangs overall are a great platform to build.
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'll put it to you this way... I wil wait to make judgements until I see average joes do it. The first NA 5.0 to run 10s was redneck marketing at its finest, it was hilarious... They considered a car on slicks, full boltons, 1000 lb weight reduction and a shot of Nitrous to be NA and streetable lololol.
    1000lb weight reduction would mean a 2500-2700lb car. I'd like to see what car you're referring to?
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2084 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Well that sure took long. 140's like nothing. I'm so close to saying $#@! bmw.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    1000lb weight reduction would mean a 2500-2700lb car. I'd like to see what car you're referring to?
    This one... but everone i've ever talked to about the details of that car has been real sketchy so I would not trust that number either.

http://www.musclemustangfastfords.co...10s/index.html

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    You could alway wait till your M3 is done, enjoy it for a while and then consider the 2015/2016 GT500... it will likely be even better than the 2013.

I am really considering the GT500 as my next car, but I'm waiting to see whether the C63 gets the M157.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2084 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    It is going to be a while before the C gets a twin turbo motor.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    It is going to be a while before the C gets a twin turbo motor.
    Probably 2-3 years tops. Not that long.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    My friend, I did that about 5 years agoClick here to enlarge

$#@!ty mileage, $#@!ty clutches, NO torque, should I go on.

PS: I owned a M roadster, and an M3 manual, and raced them both, so don't hate.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    This one... but everone i've ever talked to about the details of that car has been real sketchy so I would not trust that number either.

http://www.musclemustangfastfords.co...10s/index.html
    So you think this car had a 1000lb weight reduction... Interesting
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    So you think this car had a 1000lb weight reduction... Interesting

If you hav actual numbers, please provide them because as far as I am concerned its somewhat hard to get details on that car other than whatsome redneck says. Its a good car, I just think that both you and me can agree on the fact that a 5.0 in this trim is far from reality and NA does not mean nitrous.e

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    If you hav actual numbers, please provide them because as far as I am concerned its somewhat hard to get details on that car other than whatsome redneck says. Its a good car, I just think that both you and me can agree on the fact that a 5.0 in this trim is far from reality and NA does not mean nitrous.e
    You made the claim of a 1000lb weight reduction which you cant back up. You posted a link to the car and said you couldnt get details. Yet it clearly says the car had the passenger seat removed and a Kirkey race seat added. Those must be some heavy seat...

On the same website simply putting the shops name into the search yields the whole article. http://www.musclemustangfastfords.co...ing/index.html

You seem to dislike rednecks (though I have no clue who they are in this article) and disbelieve the fact the a Mustang with a drag suspension, slicks and tall gears cant pull silly times. I suggest you do some more research and then speak
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    You made the claim of a 1000lb weight reduction which you cant back up. You posted a link to the car and said you couldnt get details. Yet it clearly says the car had the passenger seat removed and a Kirkey race seat added. Those must be some heavy seat...

On the same website simply putting the shops name into the search yields the whole article. http://www.musclemustangfastfords.co...ing/index.html

You seem to dislike rednecks (though I have no clue who they are in this article) and disbelieve the fact the a Mustang with a drag suspension, slicks and tall gears cant pull silly times. I suggest you do some more research and then speak
    you're absolutely right... silly me... race weight 3030 lbs, so a 700 lb weight decrease...Click here to enlargeYou're right those must be incredibly heavy seats...

http://www.mustangevolution.com/forum/f379/t295150/

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'm pretty much already there. I would love for this to be my next car. The night before I bought my 335i I test drove a a 5.0 GT. The interior has come a long way in comparison to my girlfriends 4.6 GT. Although they have become a lot more refined, I'm still not sure I would enjoy driving it everyday. That's just me though.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    you're absolutely right... silly me... race weight 3030 lbs, so a 700 lb weight decrease...Click here to enlargeYou're right those must be incredibly heavy seats...

http://www.mustangevolution.com/forum/f379/t295150/
    It couldn't be that light with just a set of seats removed... Thats well after when he was the first in the ten's he lightens the car and adds a complete stroker motor setup. Thats effectively a different car bro!
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Read the article, the only mods the car got was slicks, axles, some suspension mods and a huge shot of nitrous, said I think an X pipe in there somewhere but that is a moot point.

This car was street legel in all sense of the word, it even had catalytic converts still installed so it was emissions legal and running 10s with a basic nitrous setup. Try and do that with a BMW and BOOM.
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

Other people eat shit and die.

I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DBFIU Click here to enlarge
    Read the article, the only mods the car got was slicks, axles, some suspension mods and a huge shot of nitrous, said I think an X pipe in there somewhere but that is a moot point.

This car was street legel in all sense of the word, it even had catalytic converts still installed so it was emissions legal and running 10s with a basic nitrous setup. Try and do that with a BMW and BOOM.
    I dont know about the boom part... hotrod went low 11s at 132 mph in a 335i with nitrous and all that ar had was a downpipe, tune, meth and a small shot. I know its not the same thing but point being that car had a little over half the displacement and two less cylinders, in other words, its easy to make massive amounts of power with nitrous on any platform. When you have a 5.4L SC V8 to help you out, it makes it that much less impressive and much easier.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I dont know about the boom part... hotrod went low 11s at 132 mph in a 335i with nitrous and all that ar had was a downpipe, tune, meth and a small shot. I know its not the same thing but point being that car had a little over half the displacement and two less cylinders, in other words, its easy to make massive amounts of power with nitrous on any platform. When you have a 5.4L SC V8 to help you out, it makes it that much less impressive and much easier.

Yea they can only use a 30 shot and a million precautions or else boom.

A mustang? An idiot can slap a 175 shot on it and it'll be fine. There is a huge difference between hotrods nitrous shot and this thing. By the way, the 5.0 that ran 10s didnt have a SC it was just a big juice hit and gears for mods.

I am not gonna argue with a hater, you hate mustangs we all know that. In the meantime it took 4 years to get an N54 in the 10s and a mustang can do it one week after release.
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

Other people eat shit and die.

I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DBFIU Click here to enlarge
    Yea they can only use a 30 shot and a million precautions or else boom.

A mustang? An idiot can slap a 175 shot on it and it'll be fine. There is a huge difference between hotrods nitrous shot and this thing. By the way, the 5.0 that ran 10s didnt have a SC it was just a big juice hit and gears for mods.

I am not gonna argue with a hater, you hate mustangs we all know that. In the meantime it took 4 years to get an N54 in the 10s and a mustang can do it one week after release.
    yes, a mustang is a car created to be a drag car, it has the suspension for it, the motor and gearing... as far as the Nitrous comments, you can thank a very large displacement motor for that, BMWs are not nor have they ever been drag cars nor does Bmw create any motors of that displacement any more so your comparisons are utterly silly. At least I can reasonably understand the the two cars aren't competitors of any sort but I also think that a small, german 4 door sedan using nitrous and trapping over 130 in an event it was never built for is unbelievably impressive. The times you see from this new GT500 are times Mustangs have been doing for ages except now it comes from the factory and at a massive price premium.

The hater comments are making me die laughinh especially after I test drove a 5.0 and praised it as being the ultimate bang for the buck currently available. I could never live with a live axle or the other "Mustang" qualities but the performance of the car cannot be put down. Please do remember however, numbers and performance qualities do not necessarily make an all around good car and I feel like the "numbers" fan boys often forget that.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2084 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BoostAddict Click here to enlarge
    I'm pretty much already there. I would love for this to be my next car. The night before I bought my 335i I test drove a a 5.0 GT. The interior has come a long way in comparison to my girlfriends 4.6 GT. Although they have become a lot more refined, I'm still not sure I would enjoy driving it everyday. That's just me though.
    It might be a good idea to just evolve this into an overall performance car site.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2084 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Bmw create any motors of that displacement
    Look at their V12's...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast