Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

ZL1 Dyno numbers

So my vendor goes and tells me he just got a new ZL1 for another shop car(outside of his 750whp whipple'd cts-v sedan)....he puts it on the dyno and here is the outcome. He is actually going to bring the car up to AUTOCouture when he tunes my car in june sometime, so i will def be checking it out. He said the car ran 11.43@120 stock....he said tires, tune, pulley, and intake and this car will do 10s with no problem

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1957 Post(s)

500 to the wheels stock... that is pretty strong. Can't wait to see the new GT500 numbers though.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

yup...made about 30-35whp more than my car did

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Interesting, 500whp is a hell of a lot more than the regular SS model.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

crazy thing is 1k worth of mods will have this thing doing 10s...i cant image what 1k worth of mods will do to the GT500...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ultimateendz Click here to enlarge
    crazy thing is 1k worth of mods will have this thing doing 10s...i cant image what 1k worth of mods will do to the GT500...
    Seriously. That car will be flying. My big turbo kit wont even stand a chance Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    Seriously. That car will be flying. My big turbo kit wont even stand a chance Click here to enlarge
    yea man....these 2 new cars from ford and gm are gonna be tough to beat for sure...slap a new sc on there and they will likely blow even my car completely out the water

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

yea man....these 2 new cars from ford and gm are gonna be tough to beat for sure...slap a new sc on there and they will likely blow even my car completely out the water
    Well you still have a fat chance when you have a built motor. You're going to be at 800 whp range. I got nothing on that.
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Interesting numbers, these cars seem to be dynoing numbers all over the place.
    http://www.svtperformance.com/forums...100-stock.html
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

He said the car ran 11.43@120 stock....he said tires, tune, pulley, and intake and this car will do 10s with no problem
    Doesn't this sound a bit optimistic? I realize it's putting 500 to the wheels, but an 11.43 pass for a car that weighs 4300 pounds with the driver is pretty impressive.

Or has my morning caffeine not kicked in yet??

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Blitz535i Click here to enlarge
    Doesn't this sound a bit optimistic? I realize it's putting 500 to the wheels, but an 11.43 pass for a car that weighs 4300 pounds with the driver is pretty impressive.

i dont think its out of the question....the fastest cts-v stock does 11.9s....they got half a sec on us stock for stock....those same mods drop our time another half a sec in our caddys

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i dont think its out of the question....the fastest cts-v stock does 11.9s....they got half a sec on us stock for stock....
    Yeah, that's what I was having trouble with, the fact that the ZL1 has about a half second stock on the CTSV. I didn't think there'd be quite that much disparity considering the ZL1 is only 25 or so HP more than the CTSV, but the V is a bit heavier as well so that plays a part. Could be that the ZL1 is geared better for the quarter than the CTSV...I dunno'.

Bottom line is you'll be having your hands full when these ZL1's and the '13 GT500's start seeing some mods...Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Yeah, that's what I was having trouble with, the fact that the ZL1 has about a half second stock on the CTSV. I didn't think there'd be quite that much disparity considering the ZL1 is only 25 or so HP more than the CTSV, but the V is a bit heavier as well so that plays a part. Could be that the ZL1 is geared better for the quarter than the CTSV...I dunno'.

Bottom line is you'll be having your hands full when these ZL1's and the '13 GT500's start seeing some mods...Click here to enlarge

your absolutely right i will have my hands full....hence the built motor and whipple....the ZL1 has really great launch control...something we dont have in the caddy either Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

you have to remember, domestics are built to do straight line hard acceleration, ,atched with experienced drivers that have been doing it for 20+ years, unlike the european crowd that does not do this.

lots of american cars put down low ET with un-impressive mph's

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    you have to remember, domestics are built to do straight line hard acceleration, ,atched with experienced drivers that have been doing it for 20+ years, unlike the european crowd that does not do this.

Yes; agreed.

I guess I was looking more at this ZL1's quarter mile time of 11.43, comparing that with what a stock CTSV can usually run which is what, 12.1 to 12.4ish (?). The 11.43 just seemed too fast for a car that has 25 more HP than a CTSV and is in the same general ballpark weight wise.

The new M5 also makes nearly the same exact HP as the CTSV, (weighs a few tons also), but manages a 12 flat (or so) quarter mile run based on early reviews.

Seems the CTSV, M5, and ZL1 should all be in the same neighborhood performance wise, with a slight edge going to the Chevy for more HP and a few less pounds. But damn...an 11.43?! Props to Chevy.

EDIT: And yes, all this paper drag racing and comparing HP, vehicle weights, etc. is useless for any real world conclusions...but it makes the work day pass a bit faster.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Dyno numbers seem a bit optimistic (DynoJet), but sounds about right considering it is a 6.2L with a 2.3L TVS blower on it at what, 12psi or so?

Stock SS on our Dyno we've seen about 350ish IIRC.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SlicktopTTZ Click here to enlarge
    Dyno numbers seem a bit optimistic (DynoJet), but sounds about right considering it is a 6.2L with a 2.3L TVS blower on it at what, 12psi or so?

Stock SS on our Dyno we've seen about 350ish IIRC.
    6.2L with a 1.9L TVS...only the ZR1 has the 2.3L

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    torque curve looks very nice, car too heavy though...
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

Other people eat shit and die.

I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1957 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sledgehammer Click here to enlarge
    Interesting numbers, these cars seem to be dynoing numbers all over the place.
    http://www.svtperformance.com/forums...100-stock.html
    Almost 30 whp is a pretty big variance but can be chalked up to correction and weather. We need a larger sample size.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1957 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge

The European crowd is becoming straightline to a large degree. It all really started with the '03 E55.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Almost 30 whp is a pretty big variance but can be chalked up to correction and weather. We need a larger sample size.
    The problem is most I see of these cars hitting mid to upper 4xxrwhp range from what I see. But more are getting done and the results are being published.
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1957 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sledgehammer Click here to enlarge
    The problem is most I see of these cars hitting mid to upper 4xxrwhp range from what I see. But more are getting done and the results are being published.
    I think from what I have seen thus far the upper 4XX range is a more realistic representation.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)

Impressive got to love american muscle

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mr.Squeeze Click here to enlarge
    Impressive got to love american muscle
    Besides the obnoxious weight.
    This motor in a Subaru BRZ anyone?

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SlicktopTTZ Click here to enlarge
    Besides the obnoxious weight.
    This motor in a Subaru BRZ anyone?
    Honestly I would like to see that car with around 325 to 350rwhp. Turbo'd with a slighter lower compression would work. The LS may upset the balance with too much power & tq
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast