Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    i see multiple GT500s daily, well, the same 3 weekly i guess, many, many vettes everyday, 6-7 different GT's weekly,only 1-2 Ms a week, and usually the same ones. ill take the M, blown, and be very content with knowing only the very highly modded cars win. and when thats not enough, ill buy a stg 3.. except the 13 GT500 will still rape me, stock..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2093 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    ill buy a stg 3.. except the 13 GT500 will still rape me, stock..
    Won't rape you stock. It will be a what, 125 trap car stock?

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Won't rape you stock. It will be a what, 125 trap car stock?
    the GT500 adds just a pulley and tune and i bet that changes dramatically

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2093 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ultimateendz Click here to enlarge
    the GT500 adds just a pulley and tune and i bet that changes dramatically
    No doubt.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

just a thought....could anyone imagine if they remade the ford gt and gave it this motor?.....it would just be retarded

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2093 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    just a thought....could anyone imagine if they remade the ford gt and gave it this motor?.....it would just be retarded
    The Ford GT is already plenty potent and can be modded sky high.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    That is just crazy to have that much power for that much money. It scares me to think that a lot of young inexperience drivers could have this car as their first cars. I have a feeling we will see a wrecked gt500 a few days after its release.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by justohigh Click here to enlarge
    That is just crazy to have that much power for that much money. It scares me to think that a lot of young inexperience drivers could have this car as their first cars. I have a feeling we will see a wrecked gt500 a few days after its release.

i have no doubt we will

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    The Ford GT is already plenty potent and can be modded sky high.

lol...thats true....i just love all this american muscle Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    God this car is tempting! 650hp for $60k!?
    C63 Tuned Only 60-130 in 8.71

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Rethinking my own plans honestly... FRPP will offer a dealer installed upgrade blower & tune good for a min of 750-775 crank HP with the warranty in tact. I am so damn tempted. Im still on the list, decisions-descisions....
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sledgehammer Click here to enlarge
    Rethinking my own plans honestly... FRPP will offer a dealer installed upgrade blower & tune good for a min of 750-775 crank HP with the warranty in tact. I am so damn tempted. Im still on the list, decisions-descisions....
    dont ask us...we are all going to tell you to do it...lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I hope you do rethink those plans and go after the GT500. I think it would be great if somebody on this board got one of these and did a build thread on it. Not sure where you're located, but with modded BMW's, Benzes, a CTSV, a Z or two etc. on this board, it would be nice to see some runs with this Mustang against other vehicle types represented here.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    If and its a big if... If I do it, it will be in 2013 not this year. I want to live my Vette fantasy for a while. My beef is that I could buy a nicely built Zed6 for that money in the pre owned market. Alas no warranty
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Blitz535i Click here to enlarge
    I hope you do rethink those plans and go after the GT500. I think it would be great if somebody on this board got one of these and did a build thread on it. Not sure where you're located, but with modded BMW's, Benzes, a CTSV, a Z or two etc. on this board, it would be nice to see some runs with this Mustang against other vehicle types represented here.
    sledgehammer is 15 min from me if that....we already met up....its nothing to get a few pulls in Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Sledge, just one thing to remember, those Vettes have a pretty good advantage with the weight and low drag. It takes a Mustang quite a bit more power than what a c5 or c6 vette is making to keep up or win.

But, I still think the Mustang is the only real modern car that can be setup for serious drag racing easily. Solid rear, you can buy Ford drag racing parts (even fans for your intercooler), and a dedicated after market group focused on each 1/4 mile at a time.

For good money too.... I would never buy one to make a track car. Although the cobras came with IRS for a few years I believe, this thing begs to be setup for drag racing.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ford got it right with 2013 GT500! The cars a BEAST!!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SlicktopTTZ Click here to enlarge
    Sledge, just one thing to remember, those Vettes have a pretty good advantage with the weight and low drag. It takes a Mustang quite a bit more power than what a c5 or c6 vette is making to keep up or win.

But, I still think the Mustang is the only real modern car that can be setup for serious drag racing easily. Solid rear, you can buy Ford drag racing parts (even fans for your intercooler), and a dedicated after market group focused on each 1/4 mile at a time.

For good money too.... I would never buy one to make a track car. Although the cobras came with IRS for a few years I believe, this thing begs to be setup for drag racing.
    the irs cobras can move in a straight line too!
    my buddy in alaska is in the 9's now but he can drive like a mofo

check out the epic mountain in the foreground

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Some manage ~124mph in the '12 gt500 with just tires. 127+wouldn't be a surprise with traction.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SlicktopTTZ Click here to enlarge

I've owned 20 Mustangs from an 84 GT to a 01 Cobra with IRS. I know these cars front to back bro.... That car with the FRPP blower, CAI and Exhaust will make near 800 crank hp with a warranty. Sure lower power Vettes with light weight and aero will be faster but the GT500 is kick ass just because LOL.

Now with only 375rwhp my Vette feels faster than the supercharged GTS I raced vs the Blk CLK. Pretty sure it will walk that car all day (The GTS)... I did run Blaizon in some friendly runs and I think I put an easy 2 cars on him before his Meth cutout. I love the Vette best ride I have had in a while but that GT500 is calling my name LOL. Time will tell.
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    This power war is getting ridiculous. Wondering if Chevy will do another "check" (read raising boost) before letting those ZL1's out or not.

I love the Vette best ride I have had in a while but that GT500 is calling my name LOL. Time will tell.
    It's devil calling. Hang on man, hang on. lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I've owned 20 Mustangs from an 84 GT to a 01 Cobra with IRS. I know these cars front to back bro.... That car with the FRPP blower, CAI and Exhaust will make near 800 crank hp with a warranty. Sure lower power Vettes with light weight and aero will be faster but the GT500 is kick ass just because LOL.

Now with only 375rwhp my Vette feels faster than the supercharged GTS I raced vs the Blk CLK. Pretty sure it will walk that car all day (The GTS)... I did run Blaizon in some friendly runs and I think I put an easy 2 cars on him before his Meth cutout. I love the Vette best ride I have had in a while but that GT500 is calling my name LOL. Time will tell.
    Your vette is no slouch....that thing was RIGHT behind me

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Your vette is no slouch....that thing was RIGHT behind me
    Thanks bro... Love that V of yours. One thing I learned with the Vette is that I was starting one gear to high vs Blaizon. Once I dropped down another gear this thing is faster than I thought. Seriously thing that a simple LS6 head swap, a new cam and tune will put me well into the upper 400whp range. I could really have some fun like that. LOL
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sorena Click here to enlarge
    This power war is getting ridiculous. Wondering if Chevy will do another "check" (read raising boost) before letting those ZL1's out or not.

It's devil calling. Hang on man, hang on. lol
    LOL...
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JonsC63AMG Click here to enlarge
    God this car is tempting! 650hp for $60k!?
    You can already get them on autotrader for low 50's.

Next spring I believe my S600 is going by by, for one. They also already have pullies and tunes for under 1K.

705HP for the win!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast