Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

5 out of 5 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

Picked up a new ride...

Specs:
    99 FRC with just under 48K on her.... Blk/Blk and very clean. The owner is anal with binders full of receipts and documents.

Specs:

GHL Magnum Plus exhaust with Dynatech Headers & Catted X and a Stinger R intake by Halltech.

Futral Motorsports F113 cam, PRC Gold valve springs W/Titanium retainers-seats-seals. TSP Chromoly pushrods & TSP Ported LS6 oil pump.

LS2 timing chain, Powerbond under drive pulley and a tune by ECS. 375/375 per the dyno sheet.

Its got C6 Z06 brakes all around, Pfadt Coilovers & Pfadt adj sway bars. And lastly it had Z07 wheels 18x9.5 and 19x11 on Nitto Invos 285/35 and 305/30 rears. I think for the money its a well rounded car out the box. I plan to drive it a bit this coming week & weekend. Get to know it, baseline some numbers at the track and how it stacks against a few cars I know already and go from there. Short term plan if all goes well is to get a blower-cam-clutch installed and tuned need to hit the mid 500"s

Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge[/QUOTE]
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Congrats, enjoy it!!

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Super clean ride. Congrats man.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Sick car. One of my favorites. And very affordable. No BS with those things, just get in, press traction control once and drive.

Does your Heads-Up-Display still work?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Very clean, I've always liked the older body style and there are some great deals out there right now on these.

Mid 500s with a blower on pump is great, I wonder how these compare with a non-Z C6 on the track if both had stock suspension and similar power?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Congrats; just my opinion, but the FRC gives the car such an "exotic" look to it...every vette should be so lucky.

Enjoy it; she's a beauty.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Thanks everyone... I am excited such a difference in performance vs the Mustang. I swear it feels faster than my supercharged GTS even though its got less power. Amazing what lighter weight can do for you.
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    good stuff, id like to get a few runs in against it before you go big power..

also, let me know how you like those nitto invo's, i was debating getting them, but reviews of road noise keep me lingering

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I had the Nittos on the GTS and I loved them. They handle great and get very sticky but they are very temperature dependent. In the run against the CLK and M3 E46 I am rocking those tires in sub 50 degree weather. On the first run I attempted to run from 2nd gear and literally turned sideways. Blaizon, Squeeze and others can attest to that. I had to run in 3rd gear since the tires never warm up below 50 degrees. Otherwise they have great grip, good tire life and feel excellent even in wet weather. Not bad on the drag strip if they are warm. Lets get a run whenever we can set it up. I want to see what it can do...
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Sledge let me know i am down to run =D

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sledgehammer Click here to enlarge
    I had the Nittos on the GTS and I loved them. They handle great and get very sticky but they are very temperature dependent. In the run against the CLK and M3 E46 I am rocking those tires in sub 50 degree weather. On the first run I attempted to run from 2nd gear and literally turned sideways. Blaizon, Squeeze and others can attest to that. I had to run in 3rd gear since the tires never warm up below 50 degrees. Otherwise they have great grip, good tire life and feel excellent even in wet weather. Not bad on the drag strip if they are warm. Lets get a run whenever we can set it up. I want to see what it can do...
    This is something that I learned in class, but doesn't apply to "real world" - unless you have a good place to rock your car at 100+ for a few minutes. Usually, for a summer tire, in this kind of weather - you can get the temperature up to "working" temps after some time at a decently high speed. I am not sure if you tried this out - but just driving around at city speeds will never get heat into the tire.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by inlineS54B32 Click here to enlarge
    This is something that I learned in class, but doesn't apply to "real world" - unless you have a good place to rock your car at 100+ for a few minutes. Usually, for a summer tire, in this kind of weather - you can get the temperature up to "working" temps after some time at a decently high speed. I am not sure if you tried this out - but just driving around at city speeds will never get heat into the tire.
    Agreed over 100mph warms tires pretty well.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by inlineS54B32 Click here to enlarge
    Buy a set, try that and get back to me...
    Nothing will build continuous temperature in those tires at that temp range which was in the upper 30"s that night. Could I do some burn outs and get some heat yes but it will dissipate quickly. I could do a high speed run but again the result is the same. Temporary rise in temps with a quick fall. To much tq too little heat is all.
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Congrats on the clean ride;enjoy! Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by blkclk550 Click here to enlarge
    Sledge let me know i am down to run =D
    I may be out tonight but I think the weather is iffy...
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I may be out tonight but I think the weather is iffy...
    ight lemme know wanna see how that thing pulls

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    For sure...
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    LS2 timing chain, Powerbond under drive pulley and a tune by ECS. 375/375 per the dyno sheet.
    Do you have the dyno sheet?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    very nice! enjoy it in good health!
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    You know I need to get it from the last owner... Thanks for reminding me
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    You know I need to get it from the last owner... Thanks for reminding me
    No prob, want to see it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    More Pics??

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Sadly I have not taken any more pics of it bro... Those are all the pics, the crappy weather and busy work schedule have taken its toll. Plus my damn camera is missing. I cant win LOL
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Slacker!!

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    come by my area i take some pics with my SLR

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast