Close

Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,828
    Rep Points
    31,567.5
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No

    Lady Gage gets an R8, becoming played out?

    With rapper Tyga sporting an R8 and now Lady Gaga we have to wonder if the R8 is becoming far too mainstream. The main difference though between Gaga's R8 and Tyga's is that Lady Gaga had the balls to get the V10. Let that comment sink in. This is one of those times where we appreciate stick only cars that stay out of celebrities hands like the Porsche GT3 or Porsche GT2. You won't be seeing a rapper or Britney Spears driving one of those any time soon as you actually have to drive the car rather than be driven.

    Click here to enlarge

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    2,170
    Rep Points
    2,132.0
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    22


    Reputation: Yes | No
    See @Sticky now you say stick only GT3 but wont be that way any more!!
    Current:
    14 Viper TA
    Wsir - 1:28:9
    Buttonwillow C13 - 1:54:1

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    le Paris
    Posts
    6,653
    Rep Points
    -226.0
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Burn your R8, Burn it with fire!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,828
    Rep Points
    31,567.5
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DD GT3 RD Click here to enlarge
    See @Sticky now you say stick only GT3 but wont be that way any more!!
    I know, I know. I like the performance benefit of the DCT but then we will see things like... well, this.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    307
    Rep Points
    182.7
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I know, I know. I like the performance benefit of the DCT but then we will see things like... well, this.
    I think that is exactly right. Some cars need only be drive by those who can appreciate them. That is why I appreciate the new Viper, the Z06/ZR1 etc and ofcourse the gt2/3. Not everybody wants to drive a stick supercar, but there are those who do, and I hope people like porsche continue to understand that.

    Here's my example: just because everybody likes cookies and cream ice cream, doesn't mean that you have to make every flavor into cookies and cream! Gotta cater to enthusiasts sometimes, despite the slight drop in performance figures. But remember the times that the GT2rs, ZR1 and such cars produce despite their stickiness!
    Click here to enlarge
    Current:
    2010 CTS-V Sedan

    Previous:
    2007 e92 335i

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,828
    Rep Points
    31,567.5
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by alq80 Click here to enlarge
    I think that is exactly right. Some cars need only be drive by those who can appreciate them. That is why I appreciate the new Viper, the Z06/ZR1 etc and ofcourse the gt2/3. Not everybody wants to drive a stick supercar, but there are those who do, and I hope people like porsche continue to understand that.

    Here's my example: just because everybody likes cookies and cream ice cream, doesn't mean that you have to make every flavor into cookies and cream! Gotta cater to enthusiasts sometimes, despite the slight drop in performance figures. But remember the times that the GT2rs, ZR1 and such cars produce despite their stickiness!
    Real men eat Pistachio ice cream. Just saying...

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •