Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Best performance value out there? 2013 GT500 at $54,200

Even with every option it only gets to $66k. I mean... wow. WOW WOW WOW:

For those wishing to check every option available for the car, including a Shelby-branded car cover, the most-expensive 2013 Shelby GT500 hardtop will waltz off the factory floor with a $66,485 window sticker. On the other side of the equation, even a base $54,200 (*plus $795 for destination) car will come equipped with the supercharged 5.8-liter V8 capable of hurtling the GT500 to a terminal velocity of a bit over 200 miles per hour. Performance bargain, anyone?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

but its a mustang.....Click here to enlarge

i know its fast but it looks just like a $20k V6 mustang
    Never thought I would see the day...
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    Life is so much more fun with a nemesis. I miss Shiv. Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Ya its a mustang but for best bang for the buck performance wise i think the mustang wins. Looks nice and aggressive. the only thing i think it lacks is the interior, which imo looks cheap and outdated.
    08 335i | Space Gray | Burl Walnut Wood Trim | Sport pkg | Premium Pkg | LOGIC7 | Navi | Comfort Access

| COBB | Injen DCI | Active Autowerke | Sonic Tuning | E92 Lighting | ER | HKS | BMS |

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

No question on the performance:value quotient...and it certainly looks the part. If I were into American Muscle, this would be my first choice...I can tell you right now none of us are going to want to run into one of these bad boys on the street or highway unless you're heavily modded and/or boosting.
    Current: C63 Coupe: Polar White/Classic Red, P31, H&R, Mode Carbon, RevoZport, Renn Motorsport
    SOLD: B8 S4 Sprint Blue Pearl, DSG, Stasis everything.
    SOLD Eurocharged C63: ARKYM, Forgestar, K&N, Revozport, Custom Rear Lip

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

And with the aftermarket support that mustangs get, every dollar spent on mods to this car will get 5x more performance gain than money spent upgrading our european cars.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

id still get a used GTR

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

It's a great car, but for me it's just like every other car trying to break out into the upper echelon of the sport car market: great at one thing but $#@!ty at the rest. Just like the GT-R and Vettes. They have GREAT engines and AWESOME speed...but I don't want my door panels shaking once I go over 75 and I don't want to be able to hear everything on the road...or feel like I'm driving a 10k car...I think that's what draws people, particularly us, to Eurocars (BMWs and MBs) because they are the whole package...great cars, not just great engines...at least that's what draws me Click here to enlarge
    BimmerBoost's Resident n00b...Click here to enlarge

Titanium Silver 2003 335 Ci || Premium Package || Sport Package || SOLD
    Sapphire Metallic Black 2008 535i || Custom Mandrel Bend Borla Exhaust || BMS Spacers || CMS Pro Meth Kit || JB4 || BMS DCI || SOLD
    Alpine White 2012 C63 Coupe || AMG Development Package || Multimedia Package || Lighting Package || LEASE ENDED
    Alpine White 2015 M3 || Driver Assistance Plus || Executive Package || Lighting Package || M Double-clutch and Adaptive M Suspension ||

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

I'll take 2 pls!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

great bang for the buck, the americans always did it this way. Quality is probably a piece of $#@! though.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Forced Air Click here to enlarge
    but its a mustang.....Click here to enlarge

i know its fast but it looks just like a $20k V6 mustang
    Looks damn good to me.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    great bang for the buck, the americans always did it this way. Quality is probably a piece of $#@! though.
    It can be said the quality of Ford cars has been much better than it used to be. Only real way to find out is to go drive some.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BK63AMG Click here to enlarge
    No question on the performance:value quotient...and it certainly looks the part. If I were into American Muscle, this would be my first choice...I can tell you right now none of us are going to want to run into one of these bad boys on the street or highway unless you're heavily modded and/or boosting.
    I can't wait to deflate owner's egos.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Looks damn good to me.
    Oh don't get me wrong. I agree, I like. I just don't like that there are a million on the road that look damn near the same. Your M3 gets more looks. Unless it is someone into cars...then the M3 still gets noticed, but they would notice the stang only because they know it is the new GT500.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Tbh, you don't see to many Shelby's. I see way more M3's, C63's M5's and such over here then GT500's. I don't see many 5.0's around my way either which I do find weird. I guess it all depends on where you live.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Not a fan of mustang styling.

I will take a Z06 over any other American cars.

GTR is still the best bang for buck car, all around performer. (well maybe before they raised mrsr to almost $100k)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

pros and cons. im a fan of this gen body more so than the 05+ years, but its body is still kinda boring. The front is aggressive though
    quality, it cant be that bad, both e92s ive owned have a drivers side wind tunnel because the door/window seal has a leak somewhere, so bmw isnt perfect.

rare? not down here, i see a few of them, more so than M3's. in fact i only see 1 other m3 near me, and hes a friend that is a bmw salesman at a dealer 5 miles from me. 2 more near work

for american performance, id go with a vette- but dont like them much at all
    if between gtr and this, id pick gtr, which i find ugly, but better looking than this, but somehow i still dont think this is ugly, just boring might be the word? plus dct/dkg in gtr

is it the best performance bang/$$ hell yea, without a doubt. but curb appeal has so much to do with over all car choice

/end ramble

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Blaizon Click here to enlarge
    Tbh, you don't see to many Shelby's. I see way more M3's, C63's M5's and such over here then GT500's. I don't see many 5.0's around my way either which I do find weird. I guess it all depends on where you live.
    Same here. BMW's are becoming Toyotas.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

I wonder if anyone will even be able to get one of these cars without a huge "market adjusted value"? It sounds like a pretty good car. My buddy at work made a good point though. If he won a new one, he would sell it to the dealer and pick up a 2012 GT along with a Ford racing supercharger, and still have enough money left over to pay off his truck. You can get a 2012 GT with Brembo package for less than $25k out the door.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Same here. BMW's are becoming Toyotas.
    I can second that! New BMW's are now more of a cheasy recycled cars than ever for +2012 cars. After being in BMW camp my next practical vehicule will be a AMG Benz biturbo made after >2011 since quality has been up (wish they had a stick shift).

Anyway the new GT500 5.8L it's going to be a beast for the money.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Blaizon Click here to enlarge
    True depending on where you live. Which matters if your talking about car guys. But most people just see another mustang.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Are the stripes and shelby lettering stickers or painted? Definitely would remove that crap.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by M3_WC Click here to enlarge
    Are the stripes and shelby lettering stickers or painted? Definitely would remove that crap.
    I think you can order it with a stipe delete.
    And I think they are stickers.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by m54b25 Click here to enlarge
    I can second that! New BMW's are now more of a cheasy recycled cars than ever for +2012 cars. After being in BMW camp my next practical vehicule will be a AMG Benz biturbo made after >2011 since quality has been up (wish they had a stick shift).
    If I had the money and the need for a bigger car I would've gone with one of the bigger cars but that exact reason is why I went with a C63 instead of the M3 or the GT-R
    BimmerBoost's Resident n00b...Click here to enlarge

Titanium Silver 2003 335 Ci || Premium Package || Sport Package || SOLD
    Sapphire Metallic Black 2008 535i || Custom Mandrel Bend Borla Exhaust || BMS Spacers || CMS Pro Meth Kit || JB4 || BMS DCI || SOLD
    Alpine White 2012 C63 Coupe || AMG Development Package || Multimedia Package || Lighting Package || LEASE ENDED
    Alpine White 2015 M3 || Driver Assistance Plus || Executive Package || Lighting Package || M Double-clutch and Adaptive M Suspension ||

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by hworang00 Click here to enlarge
    It's a great car, but for me it's just like every other car trying to break out into the upper echelon of the sport car market: great at one thing but $#@!ty at the rest. Just like the GT-R and Vettes. They have GREAT engines and AWESOME speed...but I don't want my door panels shaking once I go over 75 and I don't want to be able to hear everything on the road...or feel like I'm driving a 10k car...I think that's what draws people, particularly us, to Eurocars (BMWs and MBs) because they are the whole package...great cars, not just great engines...at least that's what draws me Click here to enlarge
    Door panels shaking talk about excessive lol.

But up here Like Blaizon said there are a million BMW's,I know I see a good amount of M3's.Ford has stepped there game up big time,talk about bang for the buck.I do agree with what some people say about the interior of the car though.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Not a fan of Mustangs. Truly impressive car and best performance value but i'm not a Mustang type of guy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast