Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Cadillac ATS looks promising

Not sure if anything has been posted on here yet. But the new ATS and ATS-V look pretty promising. Especially considering that Cadillac specifically designed it to with BMW's winning 3 series formula in mind. A formula we all know BMW has seemed to have let slowly slip away. Lie the CTS the ATS has seen extensive Nurburgring testing, given the CTS chassis handling and the fact the ATS is built on the lighter Alpha architecture (3,300 lbs) it will likely out handle the new 3 series. The ATS-V should be pretty impressive to with a 470hp V8. Competition for the M3 perhaps?

Thoughts?

Motortrend First Look

Last edited by Forced Air; 01-14-2012 at 03:05 AM.
    Never thought I would see the day...
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    Life is so much more fun with a nemesis. I miss Shiv. Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2091 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    You should post the pictures...

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I saw it in person last year while it made the rounds to dealers for its preview... Cant say I love it, then again it was flat black with tinted windows. I wanna see it in person again with real color but I love the idea. More interested in what the V version will be, it will be Vette powered for sure.
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Hopefully it's not another Cimarron.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2091 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I much prefer the ELR and wish they would build this:

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Couldn't get pics to post. I am not the biggest fan of the look. But the idea that it was designed specifically to fill the hole left by the 3 series moving away from its roots....according to cadillac. Its performance sounds impressive anyway. especially if it comes in at a lower price like what is expected.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sledgehammer Click here to enlarge
    I saw it in person last year while it made the rounds to dealers for its preview... Cant say I love it, then again it was flat black with tinted windows. I wanna see it in person again with real color but I love the idea. More interested in what the V version will be, it will be Vette powered for sure.
    sounds like 470 hp V8...in a 3300 lb car that should really pull. Especially once FI kits start coming out.
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I fear they will do a V6 with FI for the V... I know there are various V8 powered cars out there for stress testing the chassis. I think the most likely would be the next Vette motor for the 2013/14 car but they have run the Z06 motor in the stress test as well.
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2091 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sledgehammer Click here to enlarge
    I fear they will do a V6 with FI for the V... I know there are various V8 powered cars out there for stress testing the chassis. I think the most likely would be the next Vette motor for the 2013/14 car but they have run the Z06 motor in the stress test as well.
    As long as it is FI it will be fine.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The CTS-V Wagon looks pretty sweet too... (yeah I know, who wants a Wagon with power like that)..
    2013 Dodge Challenger R/T: CAI, Catch Can, Shorty Headers, Custom Exhuast, M.M. 87mm Throttle Body, DiabloToona Custom 93 Oct Tune, 190* Thermostat, Seibon CF Grille, 6.4 CAM, Inertia M.S Ported Cylinder Heads
    Pending Mods: T/A Hood, S/C

2011 X5 35i Premium: Black Grille, Boopie Custom 3" Dual Exhaust & Custom N55 FMIC, JB3 (+3psi)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2091 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by FLYING X5 Click here to enlarge
    (yeah I know, who wants a Wagon with power like that)..
    Wagon makes more sense with that much power than an SUV in a lot of ways.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Wagon makes more sense with that much power than an SUV in a lot of ways.
    True, but in the platform like the X5M, all that power makes a lot of sense... Still pretty sweet ride though... Cadillac has come a long way...
    2013 Dodge Challenger R/T: CAI, Catch Can, Shorty Headers, Custom Exhuast, M.M. 87mm Throttle Body, DiabloToona Custom 93 Oct Tune, 190* Thermostat, Seibon CF Grille, 6.4 CAM, Inertia M.S Ported Cylinder Heads
    Pending Mods: T/A Hood, S/C

2011 X5 35i Premium: Black Grille, Boopie Custom 3" Dual Exhaust & Custom N55 FMIC, JB3 (+3psi)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2091 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by FLYING X5 Click here to enlarge
    True, but in the platform like the X5M, all that power makes a lot of sense...
    True as well.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    i really wish they built the cadillac sixteen, it has a 13.6L V16!
    Click here to enlarge

for some reason i cant find the video on youtube so i cant embedd it, but its here::
    http://motorld.com/17426/top-gear-re...dillac-sixteen

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2091 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Kbahl21 Click here to enlarge
    i really wish they built the cadillac sixteen, it has a 13.6L V16!
    http://www.benzboost.com/images/impo...nconcept-1.jpg

for some reason i cant find the video on youtube so i cant embedd it, but its here::
    http://motorld.com/17426/top-gear-re...dillac-sixteen
    Yep, badass car as well as is their ciel concept:

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2091 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I don't understand why Cadillac doesn't build these awesome concepts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    i love the idea and theory behind it, especially the V package. but the looks just dont sit with me. even coming from the 335, not as aggressive as the M, the caddy's just LOOK bulky, fat and non-sporty

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Demand, cost, market share... I could go on but effectively Cadillac is viewed by the mass majority as their parents or worse yet grandparents car. The V brand has lowed the age along with 2 generations of the CTS average buyer but no where near where say Audi, BMW or even MB is. The funny thing being when I think MB I see them the same as Cadillac. Older buyers, stale and slow (I know they have AMG but you know what I mean)

For them to jump into the younger demographic they need the ATS to be wildly successful and then challenge the AMG/M/S versions of the Euro triplets. The ATS needs coupe/vert/wagon/sedan versions to do that along with the CTS and then a viable red/awd platform above the CTS. The new XTS is horrid and I can't see anyone but limo/black car services or older customer buying it. Effectively Cadillac has no model ascension for people to grow thru. BMW currently has the 1 series that if you outgrow you could run to a 3 series or a 5 series, you could just as well run to any of the X platform trucks like the X3 or X5 as you marry and grow a family. Plus they make it sporty with M variants of most models, maybe you grow some more and jump into a 7 series or kids leave and you go with a 6 series.

Cadillac has the Escalade, SRX and CTS that is effectively their lineup does anyone really want to start in a SRX or CTS and grow to an Escalade? Thats there problem, style is coming back for them in a big way the aforementioned products but thats all they have. To produce the Ciel which is friggin beautiful to see in person and photo I might add. To build that would require conquest sales from the Jaguar Nj/Audi A8/MB S Class/BMW 7 series and even Maserati to name a few. Don't forget the Lexus LS... Thats a tall order and thats putting lightly.

Hyundai has to a degree managed to do just that but suffers from serious brand perception issues with the Genesis and Equs, while Cadillac would not have the same level of brand perception it would still suffer quality issues compared to all the established players in that $75-150K market place which is where something like a Ciel would fall. I would love to see these on the road but I can't hold my breath as I know I will likely never be.
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    i love the idea and theory behind it, especially the V package. but the looks just dont sit with me. even coming from the 335, not as aggressive as the M, the caddy's just LOOK bulky, fat and non-sporty
    Plus 1. It looks like 1 of those cars you'll say ehh when seeing it on the road.
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I love what gm is trying to do but I agree the styling is " so-so ". When styling is like that, it looks sooooo dated after like two years of ownership. They need to do a better job of creating cars that have timeless styling.
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bobS Click here to enlarge
    I love what gm is trying to do but I agree the styling is " so-so ". When styling is like that, it looks sooooo dated after like two years of ownership. They need to do a better job of creating cars that have timeless styling.
    Plus 1 timeless styling is awesome an ancient art some look down on, but cars like urs/mine in my eyes hold true the timeless/ancient arts of cars/cardom.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Exactly, a well kept e36 m3 will turn heads no matter how old it is bc it has a timeless style. I can't think of any gm cars, besides the older muscle cars that are able to do that. Gm needs to lead with stlye, not follow. They seem to always be a step behind.

I still stare at well kept e39 m5s another car with timeless style. Or a ferrari 512 tr, etc.
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Exactly, a well kept e36 m3 will turn heads no matter how old it is bc it has a timeless style. I can't think of any gm cars, besides the older muscle cars that are able to do that. Gm needs to lead with stlye, not follow. They seem to always be a step behind.

I still stare at well kept e39 m5s another car with timeless style. Or a ferrari 512 tr, etc.
    Same here dude. I think bmw did a great job with the e90's. The e39's in my eyes looks way better then the e60's. I also love the look of a mint e34 m5, or 540 M spec. GM did a good job on the c6 vette as well. It looks worlds better then the c4, and c5 vette.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by GG///M3 Click here to enlarge
    Same here dude. I think bmw did a great job with the e90's. The e39's in my eyes looks way better then the e60's. I also love the look of a mint e34 m5, or 540 M spec. GM did a good job on the c6 vette as well. It looks worlds better then the c4, and c5 vette.
    I agree the c6 vette is way better than previous gen's, one major change that I loved was getting rid of the flip up lights....gm needs to work on the interiors of the vette's though, they are still missing that.
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I agree the c6 vette is way better than previous gen's, one major change that I loved was getting rid of the flip up lights....gm needs to work on the interiors of the vette's though, they are still missing that.
    I agree there as well. Frikken cheap plastics, and they look cheap as well. I mean the plastics in my old ass e36 look like they were made better.Click here to enlarge Then think about a car like the zr1 that costs over 100k with a crap interior. I would rather have a P car for that kind of money, or even a GTR dare I say it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast