Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 27
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,727
    Rep Points
    31,540.7
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No

    Porsche aims to double overall sales by 2015

    Well, so much for VW holding Porsche back to protect Audi. The Detroit Bureau reports Porsche is intent on growing as large as possible as fast as possible setting a very loft goal of doubling global sales by 2015. To do that in just 4 years would be absolutely incredible but Porsche is the most profitable automaker on the planet. The numbers look possible as they want to go from about 97,000 vehicles to 200,000+. The Cajun entry level SUV and the entry level roadster are the models Porsche is betting on that will push the sales numbers to their goal.

    Click here to enlarge

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    canada
    Posts
    522
    Rep Points
    122.9
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    Reputation: Yes | No
    eeek...hopefully the enthusiast cars don't suffer

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,727
    Rep Points
    31,540.7
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by black bnr32 Click here to enlarge
    eeek...hopefully the enthusiast cars don't suffer
    I expect this will open up more enthusiast cars to more people. Namely the little roadster.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,157
    Rep Points
    -9.0
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    considering i buy 20 Cayanne turbos a month they will surpass VW

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,727
    Rep Points
    31,540.7
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by blkclk550 Click here to enlarge
    considering i buy 20 Cayanne turbos a month they will surpass VW
    ?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    2,266
    Rep Points
    936.0
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    Reputation: Yes | No
    As long as porsche stays as good as it is, i'm alright with them expanding to increase sales. IF they go the way of bmw ///m division...
    Click here to enlarge

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,727
    Rep Points
    31,540.7
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Yukohama Click here to enlarge
    As long as porsche stays as good as it is, i'm alright with them expanding to increase sales. IF they go the way of bmw ///m division...
    Porsche is pretty much going to expand like BMW in a sense but they are doing a much better job of it. Porsche is providing us the cars we wish BMW did. I like it.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,157
    Rep Points
    -9.0
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    ?
    i buy 20 cayenne turbos per month whats there not to understand ?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,727
    Rep Points
    31,540.7
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by blkclk550 Click here to enlarge
    i buy 20 cayenne turbos per month whats there not to understand ?
    Well, your entire statement.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,157
    Rep Points
    -9.0
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    dunno how to put it in other words

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,727
    Rep Points
    31,540.7
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by blkclk550 Click here to enlarge
    dunno how to put it in other words
    Maybe explaining the reason for buying 20 cayenne turbos a month as not providing any supplemental information and making that comment necessitates a follow up question since the statement is not natural?

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,157
    Rep Points
    -9.0
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Maybe explaining the reason for buying 20 cayenne turbos a month as not providing any supplemental information and making that comment necessitates a follow up question since the statement is not natural?
    i buy em and resell em to Dubai

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,727
    Rep Points
    31,540.7
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by blkclk550 Click here to enlarge
    i buy em and resell em to Dubai
    Interesting, that would take a tremendous amount of capital to work with 20 cars a month like that.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,157
    Rep Points
    -9.0
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Interesting, that would take a tremendous amount of capital to work with 20 cars a month like that.
    Dubai has a tremendous amount of capital.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,727
    Rep Points
    31,540.7
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by blkclk550 Click here to enlarge
    Dubai has a tremendous amount of capital.
    Alritey.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,608
    Rep Points
    3,236.6
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    33


    Reputation: Yes | No
    You know how porsche is gonna accomplish this right? Theyre gonna throw $#@!box cars at every single automotive genre possible. You'll be seeing porsche SUVs in all sizes, 4 door sedans, electric hybrids, underpowered cheap cars for jessica and much much more. Basically the $#@! BMW is doing, porsche is going to follow suit because it obviously worked.
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

    Other people eat shit and die.

    I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.


    Click here to enlarge

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,727
    Rep Points
    31,540.7
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DBFIU Click here to enlarge
    You know how porsche is gonna accomplish this right? Theyre gonna throw $#@!box cars at every single automotive genre possible. You'll be seeing porsche SUVs in all sizes, 4 door sedans, electric hybrids, underpowered cheap cars for jessica and much much more. Basically the $#@! BMW is doing, porsche is going to follow suit because it obviously worked.
    Porsche is doing it the right way. The Panamera is arguably the best in its class. The Cayenne IS the best in its class. The 911 is untouchable. The Cayman and Boxster are about to get a whole lot better. A Cajun SUV will be based on already successful platforms available (Q5) and the roadster will be shared across 3 brands. That is all they are doing, they aren't going FWD or providing electric bull$#@! nobody asked for. Oh, and they aren't saturating their line up with BS that nobody asked for like the 550GT.

    They also are doing all of this while maintaining the GT and turbo variants and catering to their enthusiasts instead of selling THEM out like BMW has. Personally, Porsche is doing what BMW should have and besting BMW at their own game. That is, providing Ultimate Driving Machines.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    2,266
    Rep Points
    936.0
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Porsche has always kept to the Ultimate driving machine formula, maybe they should use that line instead of BMW now lol
    Click here to enlarge

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,727
    Rep Points
    31,540.7
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Yukohama Click here to enlarge
    Porsche has always kept to the Ultimate driving machine formula, maybe they should use that line instead of BMW now lol
    BMW forfeited it when they went to FWD crap.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    2,266
    Rep Points
    936.0
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    BMW forfeited it when they went to FWD crap.
    clearly, fwd cant be on the ultimate driving machine. They pushed it already by offering awd on just about everything... FWD crossed the line
    Click here to enlarge

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,157
    Rep Points
    -9.0
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Alritey.
    when i get an interesting order i will shoot a video for Porche boost.

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,727
    Rep Points
    31,540.7
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by blkclk550 Click here to enlarge
    when i get an interesting order i will shoot a video for Porche boost.
    Go for it, sounds good.

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,608
    Rep Points
    3,236.6
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    33


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Porsche is doing it the right way. The Panamera is arguably the best in its class. The Cayenne IS the best in its class. The 911 is untouchable. The Cayman and Boxster are about to get a whole lot better. A Cajun SUV will be based on already successful platforms available (Q5) and the roadster will be shared across 3 brands. That is all they are doing, they aren't going FWD or providing electric bull$#@! nobody asked for. Oh, and they aren't saturating their line up with BS that nobody asked for like the 550GT.

    They also are doing all of this while maintaining the GT and turbo variants and catering to their enthusiasts instead of selling THEM out like BMW has. Personally, Porsche is doing what BMW should have and besting BMW at their own game. That is, providing Ultimate Driving Machines.
    I really hope all of what you just said isnt going to the $#@!ter because of some high up executive that wants to 'change the plan' to boost sales by making everything a hybrid.
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

    Other people eat shit and die.

    I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.


    Click here to enlarge

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,727
    Rep Points
    31,540.7
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DBFIU Click here to enlarge
    I really hope all of what you just said isnt going to the $#@!ter because of some high up executive that wants to 'change the plan' to boost sales by making everything a hybrid.
    Nope, everything that I said is the current plan. Porsche isn't making some electric garbage to cater to hippies and inflate it's MPG standards. It makes efficient/sporty naturally aspirated AND turbo cars for the enthusiast, something BMW can't seem to any longer.

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Mass
    Posts
    212
    Rep Points
    433.5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    I liked the fact that P-cars were not as commonplace.
    I hope the quality doesn't suffer and regret that they're moving more "down market" with some of these new cars.
    Owning a Porsche use to mean something, I fear it will lose some of that.

    I also agree with Sticky about the P-car leading in their categories,but I think the Panamera is debatable though.
    2011 C63 ///AMG / BLK on BLK / P31 / LSD / CF Trim / Keyless Go / Rear Camera / All the other stuff too!!
    Click here to enlarge
    2011 X3 2.8 Vermillion Red/Black loaded

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •