Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

I may be acquiring a Turbo S2000

To make a long story short, I found a guy somewhat local to me who is willing to trade me his AP1 S2000 plus cash. Right now we are negotiating the cash part and I'm still not really sure I want to do this. The car seems to have been built pretty well, and will serve me as a track toy only. The only issue I have with this car is some of the styling is not my taste, and it's red. I'll probably use some of the cash he gives me to by a DD. Thoughts?

Some specs:
    Asking price 17,000
    2001 46k miles.
    built motor (bored to 2.1L, sleeved, 9:1 compression) 2k miles
    Full Race GT3076 kit (Made 512whp@18psi on 93oct. Mase Tuned)
    Hondata ems
    R200 built rear end
    Don't remember what clutch
    3" turbo back exhaust
    Buddy Club Coilovers
    OEM hard top
    AP2 seats, headlights, and tail lights
    Carbon fiber vented hood
    Body kit
    Carbon mirrors

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

It looks clean. The red sure is burning my eyes, did you test drive it? The test drive is what would help me make that decision and it looks like it could be loads of fun. Hell I drove a stock s2000 years ago and it was fun back then.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

I haven't driven this one yet, but I drove a friends comptech supercharged s2000 that made maybe 330whp and was a blast. I'm sure this won't be a let down. I just need to get the cash out of him. I want 10k cash, and he says he only has 8k. I don't know.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)

That's a sick car man. over 500 whp is pretty awesome lol.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Just ran the carfax. It was in an accident in '03 with the first owner. It's a 3 owner car. Current owner has owned it for 6.5 years and put 20k miles on it. I'm having a really hard time thinking about the cash offer. I really want this car, but 8k isn't enough to sway me. I should I counter of 9,000, 9,500, or stick to 10,000?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

use the fact that it was in an accident as ammunition for your deal. try 9500
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

Other people eat shit and die.

I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)

why are we gettting $#@!ed?
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Bet that car would be a complete blast!! I would try $9500 and see what happens.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    What kind of car you trading him? And 500whp 18 psi on a gt3076? are you sure its not a gt3576? 30 is to small for those numbers

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

I have always liked the s2000. Has the rear diff been upgraded?
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DBFIU Click here to enlarge
    use the fact that it was in an accident as ammunition for your deal. try 9500
    I think I'm going to try that.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    why are we gettting $#@!ed?
    It's getting really really annoying lol

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 930chas Click here to enlarge
    Bet that car would be a complete blast!! I would try $9500 and see what happens.
    2 votes for $9500, we'll see what he says.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 600whp S4 Click here to enlarge
    What kind of car you trading him? And 500whp 18 psi on a gt3076? are you sure its not a gt3576? 30 is to small for those numbers
    2008 335i. It's not not uncommon to see those numbers from a gt30 on an S2000. I've seen as high as 550whp. It's has a T3 .82 hot side, so I believe that to be the contributing factor.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by GG///M3 Click here to enlarge
    I have always liked the s2000. Has the rear diff been upgraded?
    Yes, It has an inline pro R200 kit. It's a N/A 300ZX differential, DSS drive shaft, DSS half Shafts, and Billet Diff mounts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)

that car is hooked up to be raped lol
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

0 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    http://www.bimmerboost.com/showthrea...1516#post51516

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BoostAddict Click here to enlarge
    I think I'm going to try that.

It's getting really really annoying lol

2 votes for $9500, we'll see what he says.

2008 335i. It's not not uncommon to see those numbers from a gt30 on an S2000. I've seen as high as 550whp. It's has a T3 .82 hot side, so I believe that to be the contributing factor.

Yes, It has an inline pro R200 kit. It's a N/A 300ZX differential, DSS drive shaft, DSS half Shafts, and Billet Diff mounts.
    Awesome.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Deal is a no go. He won't give up more than 8k cash. I'm kinda relieved anyway. I was having second thoughts about it. Time for more mods for the 335i!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Deal is a no go. He won't give up more than 8k cash. I'm kinda relieved anyway. I was having second thoughts about it. Time for more mods for the 335i!
    full bolt on 335i with meth would give it a good run for its money. Leaving a n54 and going to a motor with less low end torque is kind of depressing, it sucks waiting till 5,000 rpm to make some power.
    JB4LIFE

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)

RB turbos!!!
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mazdaspeed6 Click here to enlarge
    full bolt on 335i with meth would give it a good run for its money. Leaving a n54 and going to a motor with less low end torque is kind of depressing, it sucks waiting till 5,000 rpm to make some power.
    Not quite. A true 500whp and 600lbs less would put the rape on a 335i. Very true about power, at least it still have 4k more RPMs of power which is pretty good. I drove my buddies Newer Honda Civic Si and that thing is anemic. It was so slow I thought his clutch was slipping.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    RB turbos!!!
    haha I wish. Definitely not happening any time soon on my college student budget.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)

SI are a joke. Stupid slow.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

To make a long story short, I found a guy somewhat local to me who is willing to trade me his AP1 S2000 plus cash. Right now we are negotiating the cash part and I'm still not really sure I want to do this. The car seems to have been built pretty well, and will serve me as a track toy only. The only issue I have with this car is some of the styling is not my taste, and it's red. I'll probably use some of the cash he gives me to by a DD. Thoughts?

Some specs:
    Asking price 17,000
    2001 46k miles.
    built motor (bored to 2.1L, sleeved, 9:1 compression) 2k miles
    Full Race GT3076 kit (Made 512whp@18psi on 93oct. Mase Tuned)
    Hondata ems
    R200 built rear end
    Don't remember what clutch
    3" turbo back exhaust
    Buddy Club Coilovers
    OEM hard top
    AP2 seats, headlights, and tail lights
    Carbon fiber vented hood
    Body kit
    Carbon mirrors

http://www.bimmerboost.com/images/im...011/09/4-1.jpg

http://www.bimmerboost.com/images/im...011/09/3-1.jpg

http://www.bimmerboost.com/images/im...011/09/2-1.jpg

http://www.bimmerboost.com/images/im...011/09/1-1.jpg
    Looks good to me. I think you will enjoy that much more than the 335.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Looks good to me. I think you will enjoy that much more than the 335.
    too bad the deal feel through. did you read sticky? lol
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Yukohama Click here to enlarge
    too bad the deal feel through. did you read sticky? lol
    I never read, I just post whatever I feel like. That is how I roll.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Yukohama Click here to enlarge
    Just go with it.