Close

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 258
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,485
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

    RB Turbo "Issues"

    Since a lot of fags over on e90 are not man enough to post in a place where real men talk, ill post my thoughts here.

    I have more miles, harder miles, higher boost, and total longer time on a set of upgraded turbos than anyone else, and mine are RB's.

    Guess what, no smoking. Not a single drop of oil loss. AND I WENT FROM RR OCC TO BSH OCC, well, there goes that flawed theory as well Click here to enlarge

    vassillov can shut his gapping vagina along with know-it-all clap135, who does everything better than everyone and knows more than anyone but chooses not to do it himself.


    please bring the fagboys and princess's spending mommies money from e90 here to run their childish, clueless, cock-raped mouths about something they know nothing about

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Miami, FL.
    Posts
    1,892
    Rep Points
    771.0
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    8


    Yes Reputation No
    i also went from a RR OCC to a BSH OCC but i dont have Rob's turbos so i guess its a moot point. you have been the star leading the RB train LM, your track times, dynos and lack of issues are what gave confidence to Rob's customers, it is only now that we have some of them experiencing, or at least expressing, these issues. i hope for all of these people a resolution is around the horizon, not knowing is the hardest part imo.
    Click here to enlarge
    2007 335i Coupe
    Mods: Check the Garage

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Simi Valley, CA
    Posts
    8,059
    Rep Points
    9,036.4
    Mentioned
    637 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    91


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Not sure if its related here but in doing various retrofit turbo projects in the past the oil drain has always been a thorn in my side. In at least one application I eventually resorted to a sump/electric pump to keep the drain from backing up. Could the issues some have reported be car to car variance drain related?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Clearwater, FL
    Posts
    162
    Rep Points
    116.7
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    Yes Reputation No
    Interestingly I just noticed a little smoke coming from one side of my exhaust yesterday. It was after a short drive to Shell and the car was still warming up, oil temp just above 180 degrees and I noticed white smoke coming out of the muffler. It was not a lot of smoke like I had seen before with my stock turbos but still enough to worry me.. It stopped after driving off, have not noticed any smoke before this time or since then. I hope my RB's are not going bad! Click here to enlarge

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    78
    Rep Points
    162.7
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    Yes Reputation No
    I want to know why im smoking LM. I cant stand e90 post but at least there is some discussion.

    There is an issue and it probably is not turbo related (what can it be).

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    1,735
    Rep Points
    826.2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    9


    Yes Reputation No
    Yes these oil lines suck for these turbos so a lot of smoking issues come from there..
    JB4LIFE

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    1,735
    Rep Points
    826.2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    9


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ultimateracing335i Click here to enlarge
    I want to know why im smoking LM. I cant stand e90 post but at least there is some discussion.

    There is an issue and it probably is not turbo related (what can it be).
    Valve seals, piston rings, exessive oil built up in your head, turbo seals, oil lines for the turbos
    JB4LIFE

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,080
    Rep Points
    1,142.0
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    12


    Yes Reputation No
    Well, we should invite them over to have a nice discussion.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,925
    Rep Points
    1,372.6
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    14


    Yes Reputation No
    There would be something wrong if a tuned N54 would NOT consume oil. The flow-by in this engine has been well documented - even though it seems to be a bit different in each individual car - and the more you push it, the more flow-by the engine generates. If you stare at the exhaust long enough, you will see smoke, that is granted. The oil does not just disappear in a mysterious invisible way. The blow by from the engine comes out as smoke from the exhaust.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,800
    Rep Points
    31,797.3
    Mentioned
    2084 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    318


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    Since a lot of fags over on e90 are not man enough to post in a place where real men talk, ill post my thoughts here.

    I have more miles, harder miles, higher boost, and total longer time on a set of upgraded turbos than anyone else, and mine are RB's.

    Guess what, no smoking. Not a single drop of oil loss. AND I WENT FROM RR OCC TO BSH OCC, well, there goes that flawed theory as well Click here to enlarge

    vassillov can shut his gapping vagina along with know-it-all clap135, who does everything better than everyone and knows more than anyone but chooses not to do it himself.


    please bring the fagboys and princess's spending mommies money from e90 here to run their childish, clueless, cock-raped mouths about something they know nothing about
    LOL, you know they won't post here because nobody is going to stroke them and no mods will protect them. Essentially, it isn't safe because they need to stand on their own two feet.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,800
    Rep Points
    31,797.3
    Mentioned
    2084 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    318


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Malaka1 Click here to enlarge
    Interestingly I just noticed a little smoke coming from one side of my exhaust yesterday. It was after a short drive to Shell and the car was still warming up, oil temp just above 180 degrees and I noticed white smoke coming out of the muffler. It was not a lot of smoke like I had seen before with my stock turbos but still enough to worry me.. It stopped after driving off, have not noticed any smoke before this time or since then. I hope my RB's are not going bad! Click here to enlarge
    '

    If you had the smoke with the stock turbos then why would this be an RB issue?

  12. #12
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    133
    Rep Points
    48.5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    3 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I will take your invitation since you ask it so politely. We been discussing this with Rob for a long time and decided to keep the discussion between the people who are affected and not spill it out on the forums. I actually made a thread on E90 post about it before we got into discussion with Rob , but that thread didn't got the attention the new thread is getting now.

    Just to let u know , my car never smoked before the RB turbo's. It started smoking when i installed the RB's and went full catless. It smoked less when i removed the BSH catch can and went to stock PCV. And to let you know the smoking and the smell is bad. Everytime i come to a stop i can see the smoke passing my windows , see people turning their heads and turning up their windows. I also can tell that i'm not the only one and more and more people have this issue after the turbo install. I'm not blaming annyone and i'm sure that eventually we will find a sollution.

    There is nothing wrong with the thread on E90post , it's informative and constructive. Its definitly alot more mature then the bull$#@! about fagboys and princess spending mommies you post here.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    251
    Rep Points
    264.3
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    Since a lot of fags over on e90 are not man enough to post in a place where real men talk, ill post my thoughts here.

    I have more miles, harder miles, higher boost, and total longer time on a set of upgraded turbos than anyone else, and mine are RB's.

    Guess what, no smoking. Not a single drop of oil loss. AND I WENT FROM RR OCC TO BSH OCC, well, there goes that flawed theory as well Click here to enlarge

    vassillov can shut his gapping vagina along with know-it-all clap135, who does everything better than everyone and knows more than anyone but chooses not to do it himself.


    please bring the fagboys and princess's spending mommies money from e90 here to run their childish, clueless, cock-raped mouths about something they know nothing about

    Thats nice for you that you're smoke free with your RB's, but the fact is that there's too many people out there who are smoking with their brand new RB's...

    Tell me one person who wouldn't be angry and disappointed after such experience?
    GT-R R35 ​coming up...

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    96
    Rep Points
    250.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    I have more miles, harder miles, higher boost, and total longer time on a set of upgraded turbos than anyone else, and mine are RB's.

    Guess what, no smoking. Not a single drop of oil loss. AND I WENT FROM RR OCC TO BSH OCC, well, there goes that flawed theory as well Click here to enlarge
    Great to hear. On your install did you put in all new oil lines, or clean up the old ones?
    Rob Beck Turbos, PROcede Rev. 3, Procede Fueling Flash (via OpenFlash Tablet), PPS Methanol System (DO12/Aquamist Flow Sensor), DCI, Quaife LSD, BMW Performance Suspension, Autobahn Exotics Exhaust, Helix FMIC, AR Design Downpipes, BSH Catch Can, Forge Diverter Valves, P3cars Vent Boost Gauge, Alufelgen CSL Reps, Lux 5.1 H8 Angel Eyes, HPB HID Fogs, LTBMW M3 Side Skirts, BMW M3 Rear Spoiler, BMW Front Aero Lip, BMW Pedal Kit, BMW M Shift Knob, Autotecknic Matte Black Grilles.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,485
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ultimateracing335i Click here to enlarge
    I want to know why im smoking LM. I cant stand e90 post but at least there is some discussion.

    There is an issue and it probably is not turbo related (what can it be).

    I understand your point, and others that have them and may have an issue. its the guys that dont know anything about anything that are annoying and claims to have all the answers already.

    is it possible its more than turbo's?
    Dzenno for instance has had oil issue before the rb's, from his own sayings, and then ushed the limits in a very short time, and now the problem has gotten worse. so , what are the chances say, his motor, is just doomed, and oil is getting past?

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,485
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by funkmobster Click here to enlarge
    I will take your invitation since you ask it so politely. We been discussing this with Rob for a long time and decided to keep the discussion between the people who are affected and not spill it out on the forums. I actually made a thread on E90 post about it before we got into discussion with Rob , but that thread didn't got the attention the new thread is getting now.

    Just to let u know , my car never smoked before the RB turbo's. It started smoking when i installed the RB's and went full catless. It smoked less when i removed the BSH catch can and went to stock PCV. And to let you know the smoking and the smell is bad. Everytime i come to a stop i can see the smoke passing my windows , see people turning their heads and turning up their windows. I also can tell that i'm not the only one and more and more people have this issue after the turbo install. I'm not blaming annyone and i'm sure that eventually we will find a sollution.

    There is nothing wrong with the thread on E90post , it's informative and constructive. Its definitly alot more mature then the bull$#@! about fagboys and princess spending mommies you post here.
    so you went fully catless and have smoke and a smell? please get this on tape for us.


    mature on e90? ive seen 3 or 4 mature posts in the 30 seconds i read , rob, dzenno, one or 2 more i cant recall. the others, like vassilllov, are spewing semen covered distorted views and falsifications


    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by scottp999 Click here to enlarge
    Great to hear. On your install did you put in all new oil lines, or clean up the old ones?
    news ones, as i had bad oil isssues with the sets sets of stock turbo's remember, i know what its like to go through oi Click here to enlarge

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,485
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Big Tom Click here to enlarge
    Thats nice for you that you're smoke free with your RB's, but the fact is that there's too many people out there who are smoking with their brand new RB's...

    Tell me one person who wouldn't be angry and disappointed after such experience?
    i very well know your point, id be pissed as well. point is unless they ALL do it, it cant be a design flaw, if mine dont do it, it cant be a design flaw.

    for that that do it, lets take a look at why they do it, what changed with those puting RB's on?

    I know for a fact on OEM turbo's, i didnt notice smoke until I went fully catless, and then from there it was about 3 weeks till total turbo failure. whioch means i was doing someting wrong for a longtime and didnt know it.

    i put a second set of turbo's on, same thing, lasted about a week, then more smoke.

    then I put RB's on, with al new oil lines, and here we are today...

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,738
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Wow steve you are so much nicer in person. Actually in person you seem clueless.
    Read the thread before you make accusations of me. I told dzenno multiple times to stop chasing bull$#@! theories and take his downpipes off and check for play.

    He already destroyed the front turbo on the first set and the second set is now smoking. If there is shaft play again, the turbos went to $#@! again, very simple.

    As far as design flaws, cmon steve, there are people here who blow injectors, yet I have 56k and my injectors are the original ones that came with the car. Same thing with fuel pumps, same part number right, some go out at 1k, some last 80k.

    I already asked for some sort of proof of how much abuse these reworked stock turbos can take. Obviously people who get them will be pushing them harder then stock turbos, I am not sure they can take it though.

    PS if you stalk me enough you will see that I posted multiple times that I am personally not a fan of reworked turbos, hence I will never put them on my car. If a turbo swap ever happens it will be a real turbo.
    Last edited by Laloosh; 09-05-2011 at 10:22 AM.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    251
    Rep Points
    264.3
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    4 out of 4 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    i very well know your point, id be pissed as well. point is unless they ALL do it, it cant be a design flaw, if mine dont do it, it cant be a design flaw.
    So, according to your logic our HPFP is a well designed product because ALL of them hasn't failed??
    GT-R R35 ​coming up...

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    78
    Rep Points
    162.7
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    i very well know your point, id be pissed as well. point is unless they ALL do it, it cant be a design flaw, if mine dont do it, it cant be a design flaw.

    for that that do it, lets take a look at why they do it, what changed with those puting RB's on?

    I know for a fact on OEM turbo's, i didnt notice smoke until I went fully catless, and then from there it was about 3 weeks till total turbo failure. whioch means i was doing someting wrong for a longtime and didnt know it.

    i put a second set of turbo's on, same thing, lasted about a week, then more smoke.

    then I put RB's on, with al new oil lines, and here we are today...

    For that reason i think we may have a draining issue. Shall I be the first to upgrade??

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    96
    Rep Points
    250.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    Yes Reputation No
    The differences between cars are amazing in terms of mechanical issues. My car is low miles, but not one mechanical issue in 4.5 years. Other's go through parts fast. Not saying it is the case here, but I've seen 335's that have been abused, not properly maintained, and you couldn't pay me to take the car. Others that are 4+ years old, look, run like new, and have been maintained well, and not beat up.

    dzenno has 66,000 miles on his car and if I remember did not replace oil lines, at least on the first install. Then you have cotmfk with > 100,000 miles, who replaced oil lines, and no oil consumption. I feel for dzenno (and appreciate all the work he has put in and shared with us all), but he might not find his issue (assuming the turbo inspection does not yield any issues) without tearing the engine apart. If he does have turbo issues again, it might be time to consider a different car altogether, one that comes out of the factory with the power levels that are desired.
    Last edited by scottp999; 09-05-2011 at 10:45 AM.
    Rob Beck Turbos, PROcede Rev. 3, Procede Fueling Flash (via OpenFlash Tablet), PPS Methanol System (DO12/Aquamist Flow Sensor), DCI, Quaife LSD, BMW Performance Suspension, Autobahn Exotics Exhaust, Helix FMIC, AR Design Downpipes, BSH Catch Can, Forge Diverter Valves, P3cars Vent Boost Gauge, Alufelgen CSL Reps, Lux 5.1 H8 Angel Eyes, HPB HID Fogs, LTBMW M3 Side Skirts, BMW M3 Rear Spoiler, BMW Front Aero Lip, BMW Pedal Kit, BMW M Shift Knob, Autotecknic Matte Black Grilles.

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    78
    Rep Points
    162.7
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    Yes Reputation No
    Dzenno did replace lines. Forget the first set, he may have screwed something up. The second set has exact same symptoms as mine. Again were not saying its the turbos, its what they may be affecting.

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,485
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by scottp999 Click here to enlarge
    The differences between cars are amazing in terms of mechanical issues. My car is low miles, but not one mechanical issue in 4.5 years. Other's go through parts fast. Not saying it is the case here, but I've seen 335's that have been abused, not properly maintained, and you couldn't pay me to take the car. Others that are 4+ years old, look, run like new, and have been maintained well, and not beat up.

    dzenno has 66,000 miles on his car and if I remember did not replace oil lines, at least on the first install. Then you have cotmfk with > 100,000 miles, who replaced oil lines, and no oil consumption. I feel for dzenno (and appreciate all the work he has put in and shared with us all), but he might not find his issue (assuming the turbo inspection does not yield any issues) without tearing the engine apart. If he does have turbo issues again, it might be time to consider a different car altogether, one that comes out of the factory with the power levels that are desired.
    this is my thoughts in a more elequent manner Click here to enlarge

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,738
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Steve hows your wastegate rattle we talked about at paul miller?

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    251
    Rep Points
    264.3
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Laloosh Click here to enlarge
    Steve hows your wastegate rattle we talked about at paul miller?

    What!?
    Wasn't the rattle supposed to be addressed with the RB's? ↓ ↓ ↓

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by RobBeck
    Contrary to what some may believe there is very little markup after all is said and done, and you would think some would understand that especially since the TD equivalents are over 2x the price without the cartridge modifications to work with the OEM lines nor the "full" internal wastegate upgrades (which is very expensive in itself).
    Last edited by Big Tom; 09-05-2011 at 11:37 AM.
    GT-R R35 ​coming up...

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •