Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

My New Intercooler!!

Well Friday night after Shabbat dinner. I was taking my cousins drunk ass home, and he told me to floor it... So i dropped it in third and Boom. Thought it was a misfire, waiting for the CEL to flash and nothing.

What I feared most had happened. I blew my stock intercooler. They make these things so $#@!ing $#@!ty its not even funny...

Click here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

This is the new IC, I did not have my camera with me to take pictures of the difference but... its a big difference. core size is 24*9*3.5.. 600 hp core. Click here to enlarge

Ad pic:
    Click here to enlarge

And my Car with it on before and after bumper and the fitment is perfect. Nice smooth power delivery now.

Attachment 9733Attachment 9734Attachment 9735
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I can only edit 5 minutes after posting??

Well heres the Ic after the install...

Click here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    nice dude!

Those turbo cobalts lay down some friggen power, Ive seen a bone stock one lay down 281whp
    2006 AW/Black ZCP 6MT

Click here to enlarge

E46 M3 Owners of the World <---- Join the FB group!!

Instagram :: @NotSMG.M3

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by folgrz Click here to enlarge
    nice dude!

Those turbo cobalts lay down some friggen power, Ive seen a bone stock one lay down 281whp
    Thanks man, 281 hp!! that must have been one super happy friendly dyno lol. I need to get dynoed soon, but rather wait for cooler weather Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    That IC is huge!
    Looks clean and fits nicely. Looks like it overlaps the normal radiator though.
    Any idea yet if that effects the water temp much?
    There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    nice man! that stock i/c looks eerily similar to the n54 stock i/c. the endtanks look identical (POS plastic garbage) other than the pipe outlets/angles. and the core is very similar although i believe shorter is length, but it could be an optical illusion from your picture angle in the OP. i think you'll enjoy the new headroom for power, and also the lower IATs Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    2007 335i Coupe
    Mods: Check the Garage

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Looks great!
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Nice much better, let her rip !!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DavidV Click here to enlarge
    That IC is huge!
    Looks clean and fits nicely. Looks like it overlaps the normal radiator though.
    Any idea yet if that effects the water temp much?
    Its actually one inch away from the radiator we had to fab the bumper support to make it like that. Other wise the dumbasses made the brakets so tiny that it would have to touch the radiator. we fixed that lol. Actually my coolant temps are exactly the same, maybe a little lower when I'm cruising too!

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by oddjob2021 Click here to enlarge
    nice man! that stock i/c looks eerily similar to the n54 stock i/c. the endtanks look identical (POS plastic garbage) other than the pipe outlets/angles. and the core is very similar although i believe shorter is length, but it could be an optical illusion from your picture angle in the OP. i think you'll enjoy the new headroom for power, and also the lower IATs Click here to enlarge
    Yes exactly very Identical. This might be a little longer than the n54 stock intercooler but I'm sure about the same CFM flow. I havent seen much of a difference though, just noticed I can gun it more without heatsoak... I'm happy cause its pretty much ready for me when I go big turbo... Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terminator-N54 Click here to enlarge
    Looks great!
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by KarlC Click here to enlarge
    Nice much better, let her rip !!
    Thanks guys!!
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Dude, badass! Now come down here...I've had my FMIC sitting in my formal room for about 2 months...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DarkPhantom Click here to enlarge
    Dude, badass! Now come down here...I've had my FMIC sitting in my formal room for about 2 months...
    Haha, thanks man. You need help with the install!? lol.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    Haha, thanks man. You need help with the install!? lol.
    No, I need time for the install...lol.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    No, I need time for the install...lol.
    I totally understand man, it's pretty hard when you're full time...
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I totally understand man, it's pretty hard when you're full time...
    Well, work and school. Businesses just don't run themselves Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yeah that's a big Intercooler, congrats man.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Well, work and school. Businesses just don't run themselves Click here to enlarge
    I hear you loud and clear man.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sorena Click here to enlarge
    Yeah that's a big Intercooler, congrats man.
    Thank you Sorena Khan!
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Dude you keep modding this car and youre gonna have to start setting up runs.

BTW, tidhadesh al ha oto shelha ve gam tye zair meod, litraot.
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

Other people eat shit and die.

I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DBFIU Click here to enlarge
    Dude you keep modding this car and youre gonna have to start setting up runs.

BTW, tidhadesh al ha oto shelha ve gam tye zair meod, litraot.
    Yea man, I really need to set something up. I've just been so busy working full time I can't get any late night runs. I have raced a few fun cars tho that my friends still dont even believe that I beat... but I'll try to set something up soon.

HAHA, thanks I will drive safe Click here to enlarge. You speak hebrew brotha?
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yea man, I really need to set something up. I've just been so busy working full time I can't get any late night runs. I have raced a few fun cars tho that my friends still dont even believe that I beat... but I'll try to set something up soon.

HAHA, thanks I will drive safe Click here to enlarge. You speak hebrew brotha?
    Hell yea... We can talk $#@! and no one will understand!!

Ata oseh kiddush im ha mishpahah? Yafeh meod, cama yehudim yesh be encino?

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    LOL I'm not fluent but I know my share of hebrew haha. Yea I do some shabbat prayers for wine and hamotzi lol. There are lots of jews in encino.. LOTS haha
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    thats pretty cool i would have never guessed.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DBFIU Click here to enlarge
    thats pretty cool i would have never guessed.
    Where are you located brotha?
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Ha, Hebrew! Ani yode'a milim achadot...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    nice dude

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sorena Click here to enlarge
    Ha, Hebrew! Ani yode'a milim achadot...
    Ohhh yea! lol we got another that knows a bit Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by corvette z06 Click here to enlarge
    nice dude
    Thanks man.
    Burger Motorsports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast