Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

GPower SKIII....Finally the truth comes out?

Did a few Google searches tonight concerning the G-Power SKIII. Technik kept telling everyone stock compression and 9.5psi, but the below description tells a different story.

G-POWER M3 Supercharger system SK III - plus 230 hp

Basis: M3 V8, 420 hp (309 kW) increased to 650 hp (448 kW)/650 Nm consisting of:

Forced induction: ASA T1-725 supercharger including overrunning clutch ASA K07; supercharger lubrication through bypass from motor oil circuit; ultra stiff CNC shaped supercharger bracket system made from aluminum including an extended support-aggregate belt-drive for the supercharger’s drive; pneumatic controlled, engine load related boost control; flow optimized, large volumetric fresh air intake, including 8 integral resonance induction pipes made from light polyamide, ensuring an optimal throttle response and a perfect torque curve racing air filter. Boost level approx. 13 psi rel.

Intercooling: Large volumetric intercooler system using flow optimized boost pipes made from casted aluminum and a large, high capacity air to air intercooler made from aluminum in the car's front.

Engine modification: 8 fuel injectors with enlarged mass flow; 8 weight optimized forged pistons for a reduced compression ratio of 10:1 supplied from our technological partner Mahle, 8 balanced, weight optimized
    and reinforced con-rods

Exhaust system: G-POWER complete exhaust system SPEEDFLOW, optimized exhaust conduction through dynamic pressure reduced exhaust system including first catalysts replacement pipes, two racingcatalysts, intermediate muffler and G-POWER full stainless-steel sport rear silencer with 4 x 83 mm tailpipesfeaturing the M-design look.Electronics: Custom made software for the standard BMW engine and DKG- transmission electronic controlunit (BMW OBD stays completely untouched), enabling an unlimited top speed of max. 320 km/h, accordingto the capacity of the tires.

http://www.vehicularmotion.com/catal...roducts_id=904
    09 Alpine White E92 M-DCT / ESS VT2 Supercharger w/ NITROUS / Borla Race Exhaust
    10.87 @ 131 mph in the 1/4 Mile
    60-130 MPH in 6.23 secs (Nitrous)
    60-130 MPH in 6.87 secs (Boost only @ 7.5psi)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

The description is clearly of a built motor and that was always the impression given.

We were told here that it was Stage 3 boost on stock internals. The boost for the stage 3 is 13psi though it seems but the kit can clearly be modified.

I honestly don't know but I don't think Jonmartin was lying just relaying the information he was given.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Wow, I knew it was too good to be true, especially after catching onto Samir's twisting of words.

Sticky, let me guess, Samir was just relaying the info as well and wasn't in on it? Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MSpiredM3 Click here to enlarge
    Wow, I knew it was too good to be true, especially after catching onto Samir's twisting of words.

Sticky, let me guess, Samir was just relaying the info as well and wasn't in on it? Click here to enlarge
    I haven't read Samir's post on the subject. Would like to see what he has to say though. I mean, shouldn't he know considering how close he is with the G-power people?

We don't have a clear answer yet. A lot of conflicting info, I heard 11 psi here and some people are saying 13 psi there and even 9.5 psi. So.... which is it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I do remember that it was posted that the last and best time was with 13psi

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

shady business again.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

YIKES! that is bad for business
    Current: 964 WB, 993, Panamera Turbo

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by EUGENE-Taiwan Click here to enlarge
    YIKES! that is bad for business
    Well... although it is true G-power lists their Stage 3 as a built motor it is certainly possible they could have ran more boost on the stock internals.

I just don't know why we do not have confirmation. Chances are though... it was a built motor for those numbers.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Not that i care but lets say that the case was that they ran 11psi or even 13psi on a built motor with stock compression wouldn't that mean you would still get the same performance on a stock motor with stock compression?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JonMartin Click here to enlarge
    Not that i care but lets say that the case was that they ran 11psi or even 13psi on a built motor with stock compression wouldn't that mean you would still get the same performance on a stock motor with stock compression?
    Certainly but why would they build the motor without dropping compression?

Is the motor built?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I have no idea if it is or not if it is Samir hasn't told me and I didn't ask chris directly. My opinion is they may have done it to run more boost if it is built i have no idea.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JonMartin Click here to enlarge
    I have no idea if it is or not if it is Samir hasn't told me and I didn't ask chris directly. My opinion is they may have done it to run more boost if it is built i have no idea.
    I messaged Samir but he hasn't answered, just kind of weird this has not been directly stated.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What kind of power can be expected with 13psi (with a good blower) and 10.0CR??
    This is my signature... Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BadBoostedBmwM3 Click here to enlarge
    What kind of power can be expected with 13psi (with a good blower) and 10.0CR??
    610-650 whp

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    I heard a few more things about this car today. Roman told me it was 13psi (like Mspired already mentioned), plus it was a built lower CR motor, 100-110 octance fuel, drag radials, and meth. The owner of G-Power really went wild with it! Click here to enlarge

It would be nice to see a video of that 6.3x run, photos, or at least a dyno sheet. It's a shame a car that powerful seems to be hidden away, since most of us here would be interested in it.
    09 Alpine White E92 M-DCT / ESS VT2 Supercharger w/ NITROUS / Borla Race Exhaust
    10.87 @ 131 mph in the 1/4 Mile
    60-130 MPH in 6.23 secs (Nitrous)
    60-130 MPH in 6.87 secs (Boost only @ 7.5psi)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mikewads Click here to enlarge
    I heard a few more things about this car today. Roman told me it was 13psi (like Mspired already mentioned), plus it was a built lower CR motor, 100-110 octance fuel, drag radials, and meth. The owner of G-Power really went wild with it! Click here to enlarge

It would be nice to see a video of that 6.3x run, photos, or at least a dyno sheet. It's a shame a car that powerful seems to be hidden away, since most of us here would be interested in it.
    So it was built motor after all? I don't necessarily trust anything Roman says without proof but it certainly all adds up.

I don't get why it is hidden away either with no details, vids, dynos, nothing.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mikewads Click here to enlarge

I said all these things over 6 months ago and no one believed me.