Close

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 112
  1. #51
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,865
    Rep Points
    31,850.6
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by FR305 Click here to enlarge
    We either compare them all tuned or all stock and whichever it is the 997 and the GTr are better
    No, they aren't, stock, tuned, or modded. Plus, AWD is not nearly as fun. The GTR also is way too heavy and the 911 needs to go mid-engine to go the next level.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Boca Raton FL
    Posts
    1,989
    Rep Points
    48.0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    show me numbers and we can talk... you can take opinion and fun factor elsewhere maybe to a womans book club
    Click here to enlarge

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,865
    Rep Points
    31,850.6
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by FR305 Click here to enlarge
    show me numbers and we can talk... you can take opinion and fun factor elsewhere maybe to a Woman's book club
    Well, at a woman's book club even they probably would not state opinion as fact.

    Fact is, the better car is open to interpretation and I respectfully disagree. The fact that the M3 can and has successfully been compared to cars with more power that cost more money speaks volumes to just how good the M3 is.

    The only downside to the M3 is it takes more more $ to mod than just chipping a turbo car. That is also why it is more satisfying, it isn't easy to mod and therefore provides a greater reward to fewer people.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Boca Raton FL
    Posts
    1,989
    Rep Points
    48.0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    a boxter spyder is better balanced weights less and is more fun than a ferrari italia so based on your way of seeing things the boxter is a better car?

    Oh please you are blind to the obvious
    Click here to enlarge

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,865
    Rep Points
    31,850.6
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by FR305 Click here to enlarge
    a boxter spyder is better balanced weights less and is more fun than a ferrari italia so based on your way of seeing things the boxter is a better car?

    Oh please you are blind to the obvious
    How is the Boxster Spyder more fun than the Italia? By all accounts, the Italia is a mini-Enzo.

    The obvious is that it is subjective and the 911 is reaching the end of development and the GTR is simply a robot. I'm not the only one to make these points about the GTR. I have always preferred RWD BMW's to AWD cars, Audi, Porsche, GTR, whatever. The obvious is that what is better depends on who you are. All I know, is I can have any of these cars, I made my choice. Most of the people arguing for one or the other can't.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  6. #56
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Boca Raton FL
    Posts
    1,989
    Rep Points
    48.0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Well, at a woman's book club even they probably would not state opinion as fact.

    Fact is, the better car is open to interpretation and I respectfully disagree. The fact that the M3 can and has successfully been compared to cars with more power that cost more money speaks volumes to just how good the M3 is.

    The only downside to the M3 is it takes more more $ to mod than just chipping a turbo car. That is also why it is more satisfying, it isn't easy to mod and therefore provides a greater reward to fewer people.
    Here we go again.

    So you find that spending more money and it being harder to mod and at the end not getting close to a modded 997TT satisfying ?
    Click here to enlarge

  7. #57
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,865
    Rep Points
    31,850.6
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by FR305 Click here to enlarge
    Here we go again.

    So you find that spending more money and it being harder to mod and at the end not getting close to a modded 997TT satisfying ?
    How are you not close to a modded 997tt when an SC M3 takes a bolt on 997tt, and does it on pump gas? To get over 130 mph traps in the 997tt you have to start spending serious money, like that 45k switzer kit.

    It is harder to mod because it is NA. However, the 997tt needs to build the motor to hang with the built motor M's as well so the only thing the GTR and 997tt have is greater gains from bolt on's naturally due to being forced induction. The M3 is the last BMW M to not take the easy way out with power and that is part of what makes it special.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Boca Raton FL
    Posts
    1,989
    Rep Points
    48.0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    So now you have changed to the premise that a NA is better because it is harder to mod and more costly. hmmm

    So what you are saying is that even though the m3 is slower and harder to mod is is better than the faster and more easy to mod GTR and 997TT

    PS the SPI is completely a bolt on they dont do internals

    and the P800 997TT and P800GTR are on pump gas
    Click here to enlarge

  9. #59
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,865
    Rep Points
    31,850.6
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by FR305 Click here to enlarge
    So now you have changed to the premise that a NA is better because it is harder to mod and more costly. hmmm

    So what you are saying is that even though the m3 is slower and harder to mod is is better than the faster and more easy to mod GTR and 997TT

    PS the SPI is completely a bolt on they dont do internals
    I believe high revving motors are more satisfying and more interesting. I'm the kind of guy who would take a GT3 over a 997tt. Oh, I would take the GT3 over the GTR as well. Is the GTR better than the GT3 because it has more power and can easily be tuned? The GT3 can't.

    Yes, even though a car is slower it can be better than another car, that is exactly what I am saying.

    Completely bolt on for $45k? Lulz

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  10. #60
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Boca Raton FL
    Posts
    1,989
    Rep Points
    48.0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No

  11. #61
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,865
    Rep Points
    31,850.6
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319



    Yes Reputation No
    Switzer GT-R ran 6.8sec on 1.45bar and SPI GT2 ran 60-130 in 6.0sec on 1.3bar
    You know there are HPF M3's faster than this, right?

    The M3 doesn't get near enough credit.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  12. #62
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Boca Raton FL
    Posts
    1,989
    Rep Points
    48.0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I believe high revving motors are more satisfying and more interesting. I'm the kind of guy who would take a GT3 over a 997tt. Oh, I would take the GT3 over the GTR as well. Is the GTR better than the GT3 because it has more power and can easily be tuned? The GT3 can't.

    Yes, even though a car is slower it can be better than another car, that is exactly what I am saying.

    Completely bolt on for $45k? Lulz
    READ - IT IS BOLT ON BUDDY thats why Evoms criticizes them

    A car can be better than another car even though its slower when the comparison is based on opinion or not a performance based comparison.
    Click here to enlarge

  13. #63
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,865
    Rep Points
    31,850.6
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by FR305 Click here to enlarge
    READ - IT IS BOLT ON BUDDY thats why Evoms criticizes them

    A car can be better than another car even though its slower when the comparison is based on opinion or not a performance based comparison.
    Exactly, what is the better car is based on opinion, so you stating your opinion as fact is incorrect.

    When you are modding the cars, the M3 can just as easily beat them depending on how much is spent/what is done.

    Good, EVOMS is correct, that is stupid money for not having built internals.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  14. #64
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Boca Raton FL
    Posts
    1,989
    Rep Points
    48.0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    You know there are HPF M3's faster than this, right?

    The M3 doesn't get near enough credit.
    Not a e92 again I tell you this is strictly e92 m3,997tt and GTR
    Click here to enlarge

  15. #65
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Boca Raton FL
    Posts
    1,989
    Rep Points
    48.0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Im not giving any opinions I am giving you facts and the fact is there are no M3 running 9s
    Click here to enlarge

  16. #66
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,865
    Rep Points
    31,850.6
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by FR305 Click here to enlarge
    Not a e92 again I tell you this is strictly e92 m3,997tt and GTR
    The E92 hasn't reached that level of development yet, you will have to wait and see what the built motors do but it will be similar. The point is you can mod an M3 to not only hang with these cars, but beat them. The M3 is a badass platform that does not get enough credit.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  17. #67
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Boca Raton FL
    Posts
    1,989
    Rep Points
    48.0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Until you can make your m3 run 9s or show me a m3 that does 9s the GTR and the 997TT are better cars based on numbers and fact!!!
    Click here to enlarge

  18. #68
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,865
    Rep Points
    31,850.6
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by FR305 Click here to enlarge
    Im not giving any opinions I am giving you facts and the fact is there are no M3 running 9s
    There are M3's running 9's just not the E92 yet. It is more difficult to get an E92 M3 to run 9's and any BMW in general since they are RWD. ET is based on skill, setup, and traction not necessarily power and E92's can make the power and are stronger from a roll as they don't have that heavy AWD and the drive train losses associated with it.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  19. #69
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Boca Raton FL
    Posts
    1,989
    Rep Points
    48.0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by FR305 Click here to enlarge
    Until you can make your m3 run 9s or show me a m3 that does 9s the GTR and the 997TT are better cars based on numbers and fact!!!
    this
    Click here to enlarge

  20. #70
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,865
    Rep Points
    31,850.6
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by FR305 Click here to enlarge
    Until you can make your m3 run 9s or show me a m3 that does 9s the GTR and the 997TT are better cars based on fact!!!
    So you are boiling it down to running 9's, lol, ok. When the E92 M3 runs 9's, what will you say then?

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  21. #71
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Boca Raton FL
    Posts
    1,989
    Rep Points
    48.0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    We are not talking about any other M3 thats not a e92 chassis
    Click here to enlarge

  22. #72
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Whales Vag
    Posts
    1,215
    Rep Points
    1.0
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    lol frank

  23. #73
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,865
    Rep Points
    31,850.6
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by FR305 Click here to enlarge
    We are not talking about any other M3 thats not a e92 chassis
    Which is why I said when the E92 M3 runs 9's what will you say then? You are really basing this all on running 9's?

    I hate to break it to you, but then the GT500 mustang owns all these cars.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  24. #74
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Boca Raton FL
    Posts
    1,989
    Rep Points
    48.0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    The e92 M3 hasn't and is not running 9's and we are only talking about what has been done to date. When the e92 m3 does 9s on street tires and wheels it will be not better but equally as fast a 997TT or a GTR but it wont be a better car.
    Click here to enlarge

  25. #75
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Boca Raton FL
    Posts
    1,989
    Rep Points
    48.0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Which is why I said when the E92 M3 runs 9's what will you say then? You are really basing this all on running 9's?

    I hate to break it to you, but then the GT500 mustang owns all these cars.

    Why are you constantly deviating the convo to other cars? Now you want to talk about GT500s

    Well in that case a GT500 is closer to a GTR and a 997tt than the M3 if they are all modded
    Click here to enlarge

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •