Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DD GT3 RD Click here to enlarge
    mazel
    tov.

That thing hauls the freakin mail into last week.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    add some meth brother Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Blaizon Click here to enlarge
    Amen to that!
    Too many fail stories I've heard keeps me from doing meth. I'd like to see the e85 tune tho, my car is capable of ethanol so I want to take advantage of that.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Matt@Camber-Toe Click here to enlarge
    tov.

That thing hauls the freakin mail into last week.
    Thanks man, it sure moves for what it is!
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2088 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    Thanks buddy, I'll be doing a run with my friends e90 335 with intake and OE tune. I think it will be nice race.
    Video... I demand it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Video... I demand it.
    Me too, I was talking to the kid and he's real cocky about his car. Esp cause he just got downpipes in too, I totally forgot. I would like to see how my conservative tune will do against is custom dyno tune from OE. I think he will prob pull on top end. Honestly I dont know. I have confidence though in my little 2.0L 4 banger turbo.
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    why have there been failures with methanol? I dont see how secondary meth injection can cause a failure...
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

Other people eat shit and die.

I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    it can when used improperly. it can when a 'safeinjection' system isnt used. if the tune calls for use of the higher octane and lowered IAT and then the flow stops, and the tune cannot compensate (due to no safeinjection or connection with the meth controller), you have a failure. its because of these primitive kits without proper pieces needed that caused all the horror stories that are spread over the web. im certain if you do it right fastgti, you wont have any problems, how many do meth on the cobalt? is there a kit out or do you need to frankenstein one and break ground?
    Click here to enlarge
    2007 335i Coupe
    Mods: Check the Garage

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I mean if you intend to run 30 psi boost on a stock motor relying on meth for cooling then yea i can see a failure happening without meth flow all of a sudden, but i thought some kind of failsafe was understood to be used in cases like this... I guess im not used to seeing meth get thrown on a car without any kind of safety involved especially if its being used primarily to handle high boost.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by oddjob2021 Click here to enlarge
    it can when used improperly. it can when a 'safeinjection' system isnt used. if the tune calls for use of the higher octane and lowered IAT and then the flow stops, and the tune cannot compensate (due to no safeinjection or connection with the meth controller), you have a failure. its because of these primitive kits without proper pieces needed that caused all the horror stories that are spread over the web. im certain if you do it right fastgti, you wont have any problems, how many do meth on the cobalt? is there a kit out or do you need to frankenstein one and break ground?
    That's the thing, the tunes dont have a failsafe if meth stops working. I would have to keep my eye on the light for the meth controller all the time, having to fill it up maybe 2 times a day. I drive a $#@! load, dont like to carry bottles of meth in my car even when mixed with water in this crazy hot weather in Cali, very dangerous. You have to do a nice amount of maintenance with the nozzles and the meth box. For now I can live without 26+ psi of boost and 30whp less in this car on stock turbo. The turbo is almost maxed out, maybe another 50 whp. Not to many ppl have meth cause all these $#@!ers in the east coast are using Ethanol. E30, E47, E60, E85, E90. They make crazy power with the corn I'm looking forward to that!

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DBFIU Click here to enlarge
    I mean if you intend to run 30 psi boost on a stock motor relying on meth for cooling then yea i can see a failure happening without meth flow all of a sudden, but i thought some kind of failsafe was understood to be used in cases like this... I guess im not used to seeing meth get thrown on a car without any kind of safety involved especially if its being used primarily to handle high boost.
    Another reason why for now I'm staying away from Methanol. Although i know it's beneficial, it can be fatal too :/.

Next up is suspension and mounts. After that, I'm going big turbo.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    How much power can stock motors handle? before needing motor work or a headgasket?

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DBFIU Click here to enlarge
    How much power can stock motors handle? before needing motor work or a headgasket?
    I know its a little long, but this is from the ZZperformance shop who is doing R&D with EFR turbos and Borg warner turbos to see what is best for this car considering lag and power.

This is what they got after blowing the motor at 625 whp. everything is stock besides their second fueling kit somehting like Unfors kit Click here to enlarge.

When we first tested our ported head, we had a motor out of a roll-over parts car that we bought. We ported the head and bolted it back on that motor and then swapped the whole motor into my car. That was the motor that ran the S256 a couple years ago. It had a handful of dyno pulls in the 500whp area and one pull turned up a little that hit 530, although the fuel system wasn't supporting that very well. It was 3000 psi on 110 octane running at 13:1, FWIW. Late that year, there was a little smoke coming from the exhaust. We tore everything down to see what was holding up and what wasn't. We found that the rods were bent with a couple being pretty bad. This was after running the 256 for a couple months with 30-40 dyno pulls and 2 trips to the track. At that time, the original motor out of my car went back in along with the stock head. The first time this motor was in my car, it had over a hundred dyno pulls and about 8-10 track visits. This time around, we used this motor to test the S252 turbo kit, which saw a couple hundred dyno pulls and 4 or 5 trips to the track. We also ran the stock turbo for a while testing E85, zzp cams, and some other parts. This setup had over a hundred dyno pulls, and one trip to the track. We then put the Z254 turbo on and did a couple dozen dyno pulls and a bunch of street testing. After that, it got the S259 turbo which saw a few dozen dyno pulls while testing various cams and fuel system upgrades. Between the Z254 turbo and the S259 turbo, this motor had dozens of dyno pulls higher than the other motor ever made. Max power was nearly 100 hp higher, and the max torque was about 100 ft lbs higher as well. Having said all of this, it would stand to reason that the motor that just came out should have severely bent connecting rods, but it doesn't. My only explanations are that the S256 setup was being revved to 8200 RPM, while the other setups were typically maxed at 7500-7800 RPM. Perhaps more importantly, thinking back on how the previous motor came out of a roll-over car, there is always the possibility that it was hydro-locked on motor oil. If it stayed running for a few seconds while upside-down, I could see this happening.

Anyway, these are my findings. At this point, I don't feel that the factory rods will be an issue for anyone running in the 450whp range with occasional 500whp hits.
    That's pretty much what it can handle on stock motor and fueling. I'm gonna stay at 430-450 whp. In fwd that should be enough... till I get used to it Click here to enlarge. I really dont think i'd be needing more. Still awaiting for the Golf R. I just dont know if I'm going to be able to drop that much on a car... 35k :/
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    thats not bad... must be a pain to launch off the line with FWD and all the power.

Click here to enlarge

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12