Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

Cobalt SS Tuned and Ready

Just got back from 90 mile drive to get tuned each way. lol Nice fun on the freeway back. The tune is conservative at 23 psi, but holy $#@!ing $#@!. This thing pulls like a freight train. Here is a little clip, I didnt have time to make one side by side tonight. I will get some comparos soon. Looking for a tuned 335 Click here to enlarge

I will be dynoing in about 2 weeks.

Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    nice! minus the voices

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    mazel
    Current:
    14 Viper TA
    Wsir - 1:28:9
    Buttonwillow C13 - 1:54:1

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Thanks guys, for some reason it dont seem too fast on the video. It's fast in real life tho, I'll get some nice comparo runs asap.
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    lol check engine light?

im sure its quick, and not talking down,but id be surprised at more than 112-113 trap with that Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    lol check engine light?

im sure its quick, and not talking down,but id be surprised at more than 112-113 trap with that Click here to enlarge
    Lol yea, CEL is cause of the catless downpipe. and you're right on on! ppl ben trapping between 111-115. I've seen 119 too but thats at like 26 Psi. It feels like a tuned 335 stock turbos. Its really nice. Now to go out and play with the bigger boys.. sorta

I even lost traction in 3rd for a second when I gunned it, lots of mad torque in this car.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    Lol yea, CEL is cause of the catless downpipe. and you're right on on! ppl ben trapping between 111-115. I've seen 119 too but thats at like 26 Psi. It feels like a tuned 335 stock turbos. Its really nice. Now to go out and play with the bigger boys.. sorta

I even lost traction in 3rd for a second when I gunned it, lots of mad torque in this car.
    lol, i was hoping it was just for emissions, Click here to enlarge

im pretty good at the mph guestimating Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    How come they didn't turn the cel of when tuning? That's what they do with m3 catless setups.

I have cel on all they time with my hpf car. Intill I switch to pro efi

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Grats on the tune. Your car looks pretty fast. If you were down south I would definitely try comparing my car to yours.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    lol, i was hoping it was just for emissions, Click here to enlarge

im pretty good at the mph guestimating Click here to enlarge
    Yes only emissions lol, yep you're good.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BattaM3 Click here to enlarge
    How come they didn't turn the cel of when tuning? That's what they do with m3 catless setups.

I have cel on all they time with my hpf car. Intill I switch to pro efi
    I forgot to mention that to him and to mention cat warm up delete during cold starts. I didnt have my list on me when I emailed the tuner. But its pretty sick my cruise control button is whether or not i'm tuned. with a push of a button this car is insane. I dont even need to turn the car off. When I'm ready to race I just turn cruise control off and i'm tuned.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by leo985i Click here to enlarge
    Grats on the tune. Your car looks pretty fast. If you were down south I would definitely try comparing my car to yours.
    Thanks buddy, I'll be doing a run with my friends e90 335 with intake and OE tune. I think it will be nice race.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    should be a close race Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    should be a close race Click here to enlarge
    Yes, very close. He is auto, so it will depend on my shifting but I'm pretty confident on that. Hope its a nice cool night to benefit both of us!
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    WEEAAAK!! Just kididing! It looks nice and speedy. Keep up the good work! What's your plans for the next mod? Also, how does it compare to the ol' GTI?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Ryan Mills Click here to enlarge
    WEEAAAK!! Just kididing! It looks nice and speedy. Keep up the good work! What's your plans for the next mod? Also, how does it compare to the ol' GTI?
    Its pretty quick for what it is lol. The plan is hopefully either tranny+engine mounts or springs and sway/strep bar. Maybe an intercooler between that if I feel the need and some ceramic brake pads and rotors. I really wanna go Big turbo on this and see what 450+ whp feels like.

I miss the GTI, no comparison in quality and looks. This car is just blazin fast and can handle a good amount. The tranny is great and puts the power down nicely. I cant imagine all this torque in the GTI...
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    do the mounts now so you dont have to worry about it later

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    do the mounts now so you dont have to worry about it later
    No more money in the piggy bank until next 2 weeks. Money I got now is for track event. After the track even I will be getting mounts in next. The new tirees I got help a lot tho. 245 40 18 in the front instead of 225 40 18
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    looks about right, speedo of a tuned N54.. i think youll be able to take one if its tuned with nothing else.
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

Other people eat shit and die.

I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DBFIU Click here to enlarge
    looks about right, speedo of a tuned N54.. i think youll be able to take one if its tuned with nothing else.
    Yea, I think it will be a very nice run. I'm impressed with this car.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    i think with meth in your car and an intake manifold youll run with some fast cars
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

Other people eat shit and die.

I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Quick not fast Click here to enlarge pulls very hard congrats man
    JB4LIFE

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DBFIU Click here to enlarge
    i think with meth in your car and an intake manifold youll run with some fast cars
    Yea, but If i'm going to go that route, I'll do it legit with the e85 tune. They've been hitting 400whp and 450 wtq with e85.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mazdaspeed6 Click here to enlarge
    Quick not fast Click here to enlarge pulls very hard congrats man
    Haha, for me its a new level of fast. But yes, to others its pretty quick not fast.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge it must be a blast to drive
    JB4LIFE

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mazdaspeed6 Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge it must be a blast to drive
    Yes, at night it is insane. I can't wait for the winter. During the day its just way too hot here ~ 100 degrees F. I usually keep it in stock mode though, when I want to race I just push a button lol.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    add some meth brother Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    add some meth brother Click here to enlarge
    Amen to that!