Close

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by nafoo Click here to enlarge
    Holy $#@!! This site is full of undiscovered treasure threads. This is my first time finding this thread and this was the best build I've seen. It was like never watching any 24 episodes until the 5th season and then watching the first 5 seasons in a week to catch up.

Amazing build!
    Lol thanks I've tried to do things as best as possible, hopefully the end result is what I'm looking for.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Notsafe335i Click here to enlarge
    Top notch build. Anything RB related is cat's ass, I tried to find a reasonable RB swapped 240 before purchasing my 1JZ swapped MK3.

This car should roll hard after a year or two of shake down. What's it weigh? What's the cage certified to?

Attachment 24824

I also spotted the Fox in the background of this photo. Yours?
    1 or 2 years to get it up to speed would be terrible lol. Ive got a few experienced people with me that hopefully can get the car where it needs to be in a couple test sessions/events. Car weighs about 1850 with motor and trans in right now. Goal is 2200 with me in it and race ready. The fox belongs to Jay@NRC and is for sale as a roller if someone wants a BADASS drag car that is a great place to start. My 25.3 cert is good to 6.5secs in the 1/4.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by nafoo Click here to enlarge
    I think the cage is certified to 6.5 secs.

It says it somewhere in the thread.
    That is correct.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jimefam Click here to enlarge
    1 or 2 years to get it up to speed would be terrible lol. Ive got a few experienced people with me that hopefully can get the car where it needs to be in a couple test sessions/events. Car weighs about 1850 with motor and trans in right now. Goal is 2200 with me in it and race ready. The fox belongs to Jay@NRC and is for sale as a roller if someone wants a BADASS drag car that is a great place to start. My 25.3 cert is good to 6.5secs in the 1/4.
    2200 lbs is pretty light, that thing will be a handful. This sounds like this isn't your first rodeo, so when I say 1 to 2 years I mean to the point where you accomplish a pass where you feel like it's all worth it. This is a serious car. If this was a 130 mph car, I would say no problem with having it ready in a few sessions. This is 160 mph plus car for sure, this will be one hairy ride. Good luck man, I'll be excited to see what it pulls.
    Rocky

e90 335i Sedan - A couple mods away from FBO
    MK3 Supra - 1jz swap, big single, supporting mods

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Cant believe how long its been since I update this thread, a year ago I would have bet anything I would have had this done by now. Alas a series of fortunate and unfortunate events have conspired to keep me from getting this done. The chassis is pretty much done with the exception of putting the rear end together and back in and the rear shocks. We are waiting to get some numbers from the engine dyno to order the converter, rear gear and shocks. Ive missed a few scheduled tuning days and proline has cancelled a few on me. Once we FINALLY get it tuned the rest should come together pretty quick but ive said that before so we'll see. In the meantime I've finished one "build" and started another one so I'm keeping busy. Only have a few pictures on my cell and I'm out of town so perhaps I can do a better update next weekend.

Interior all carpeted, it has since been fully finished with panels cut in and painted but no pics.

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

This project is done lol. She was born a month early
    Click here to enlarge

And this one starts two weeks from now
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

I think I see what's up. Newborn, congrats. So this one gets put on the backburner and a GTR takes precedence?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I think I see what's up. Newborn, congrats. So this one gets put on the backburner and a GTR takes precedence?
    No the 240 is being tuned and built by someone else and wont be affected by the GTR as I will be building the GTR's motor and the rest of the car in my house. The GTR shouldn't be down more than 5 or 6 weeks as it wont be as built as the 240, plan is low 9's.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Congrats on your newborn Click here to enlarge Sick 240/project and nice garage man.........

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Well it was a pretty good day on the dyno but could have been MUCH better once again motherfuking chasebays strikes again.First who the hell knows how they wired my 02 sensor module so I ccouldn't calibrate the damn thing. Had to use the big stuff one of the dyno but that made datalogging a pain. Second these geniuses used 18ga wire for the 12V and ground to my coil (even though I took them a 500ft spool of 14ga to use check earlier pics) well the damn motor wouldn't rev past 5800 on boost and was running like $#@!. Luckily a member on here and nearby neighbor of mine helped run some thicker power wires directly to the dyno battery and that helped us get here:

Click here to enlarge

That is 1127@7000rpm running 48psi. We ran one more pass which ended up being the highest of the day 1157@7150rpm with 49psI but that popped of the valve cover vent

Click here to enlarge

We always planned to rev to about 10k so we made a pass with less CO2 on the gate. I'm running my wastegates with no springs and just put X amount of psi pressure with CO2. So we took off 10 psi of the gate and it made this while breaking up a bit:

Click here to enlarge

This was at 44lbs@7k falling of to 38psi at the end. We actually backed up the boost on the following pass and made 1041@9400 with 36psi just cause it was breaking up less. Try as we might we could get the coils to ignite any higher cylinder pressure. I got the info I needed on spool and the motor runs strong and oil pressure and everything and timing was real mild since we were trying to rev it out. Kinda bummed I couldn't see it run XXXX@10000rpm with 50psi but I'm super happy motor took it like a champ, all told we made 17 pulls of just over 1khp and the plugs egts and everything else looked good. We cut the filter open and not much at all in it. After the first track session we'll pull the bearings to make sure everything is durable. Not bad for a little ol 25.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    wow 1157whp. Nuts.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Freakin amazing dude! This is the type of builds I look forward to doing in my lifetime.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Well it was a pretty good day on the dyno but could have been MUCH better once again motherfuking chasebays strikes again.First who the hell knows how they wired my 02 sensor module so I ccouldn't calibrate the damn thing. Had to use the big stuff one of the dyno but that made datalogging a pain. Second these geniuses used 18ga wire for the 12V and ground to my coil (even though I took them a 500ft spool of 14ga to use check earlier pics) well the damn motor wouldn't rev past 5800 on boost and was running like $#@!. Luckily a member on here and nearby neighbor of mine helped run some thicker power wires directly to the dyno battery and that helped us get here:

http://www.bimmerboost.com/images/im...97f321f8-1.jpg

That is 1127@7000rpm running 48psi. We ran one more pass which ended up being the highest of the day 1157@7150rpm with 49psI but that popped of the valve cover vent

http://www.bimmerboost.com/images/im...21416f12-1.jpg

We always planned to rev to about 10k so we made a pass with less CO2 on the gate. I'm running my wastegates with no springs and just put X amount of psi pressure with CO2. So we took off 10 psi of the gate and it made this while breaking up a bit:

http://www.bimmerboost.com/images/im...1e56ad44-1.jpg

This was at 44lbs@7k falling of to 38psi at the end. We actually backed up the boost on the following pass and made 1041@9400 with 36psi just cause it was breaking up less. Try as we might we could get the coils to ignite any higher cylinder pressure. I got the info I needed on spool and the motor runs strong and oil pressure and everything and timing was real mild since we were trying to rev it out. Kinda bummed I couldn't see it run XXXX@10000rpm with 50psi but I'm super happy motor took it like a champ, all told we made 17 pulls of just over 1khp and the plugs egts and everything else looked good. We cut the filter open and not much at all in it. After the first track session we'll pull the bearings to make sure everything is durable. Not bad for a little ol 25.
    That is super awesome. What an amazing engine that is. I cannot wait to see videos of you running this car - and hearing/watching it rev out to 10k. What a freaking awesome motor. If you don't mind me asking, what would cost be for a build like this?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Thanks guys its taken a while but I think I'm near ready to see the results. Inline as far as cost for the whole build I'm probably a bit north of 80k. If you meant just the motor and peripheral stuff (manifolds, turbo, electronics etc) I would say about 30-35k.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

What tires were you using on the dyno?
    Rep Points > Posts since 2010

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by PEI330Ci Click here to enlarge
    What tires were you using on the dyno?
    ? It was on an engine dyno:

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

I missed that, sorry.

Just the same, incredible numbers for a 2.5L.

So will you spend another day on the dyno sorting out those issues, or is the engine already out of the room?

I'm thinking you might have enough data to setup the torque converter, and rear gear?
    Rep Points > Posts since 2010

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

48 psi, crazy.

Ton of power but damn is that narrow. Going to be an on/off switch!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by PEI330Ci Click here to enlarge
    I missed that, sorry.

Just the same, incredible numbers for a 2.5L.

So will you spend another day on the dyno sorting out those issues, or is the engine already out of the room?

I'm thinking you might have enough data to setup the torque converter, and rear gear?
    No I actually had to drive down to miami last night and ill be here for a week so no time to fix the wiring and go for big power. I will pick up the motor on tuesday and fix the wiring then finish tuning the high end on a chassis dyno. We definitely have enough for the converter and rear gear so mission accomplished on that front just gotta make more power next time out.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    48 psi, crazy.

Ton of power but damn is that narrow. Going to be an on/off switch!
    Well actually we just couldn't get the ignition system to hold more cylinder pressure to keep the run going. On the 1127 run it made that at 7000 but the motor has another 2500rpm in it so hopefully when we get it all right you will see a much longer period of good power. You can actually see on the second graph that power stays at around 1000hp even though torque is falling fast (wastegate has been pushed open at that point). It made about 1000hp for about 2500rpms and were just getting started.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789