Close

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Ok well here is a tiny update. I picked up my valve covers that were being powder coated but I hadn't noticed the dent that comes from the factory since the intake manifold crosses over the engine. Since my aftermarket intake manifold eliminates this I will have to figure out a way to fix this as it looks terrible. I'm thinking of stripping them and welding some aluminum in there and then repowdering them. Anyway here they are:

Click here to enlarge

I'm getting my exhaust manifold ceramic coated so here is a picture of the progress. I was supposed to pick it up today but it wasn't coated yet so I took a picture of it just blasted. Here it is stock:

Click here to enlarge

And blasted:

Click here to enlarge

I also dropped the rear subframe so that I could strip and get it powdercoated as well and Install solid aluminum bushings. I'm currently replacing every bushing in the car with either solid aluminum or polyurethane.

Click here to enlarge

I got my fuel rail back but since I haven't received my intake manifold yet from getting ported they still need it to create the brackets to hold the fuel rail. Once that is done I will have it anodized. Theres the stock fuel rail in the pic also for comparison:

Click here to enlarge

Also I got a few things in but I'm still waiting on a ton more. Here is one half of my fuel system but I'm still missing another A1000 pump and Filter plus they sent me the wrong FPR as this one is too small.

Click here to enlarge

And here is my Greddy E-01 Boost Controller, this will be ultimately controlled by my haltech.

Click here to enlarge

I also ordered my turbo today, after much debate I decided to go with the Precision PTB 7685B. This will allow me to run in most of the import classes as this was the max inducer size I could go but it will put me at a disadvantage if I decide to run some of the bigger boys in the more powerful classes. I think that this will allow me to get to my goal and then also figure out the best way to get traction out of this chassis. More pictures to come in a few weeks as I will be leaving to houston for like three weeks so everything will be put on hold.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2084 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jimefam Click here to enlarge
    Ok well here is a tiny update. I picked up my valve covers that were being powder coated but I hadn't noticed the dent that comes from the factory since the intake manifold crosses over the engine. Since my aftermarket intake manifold eliminates this I will have to figure out a way to fix this as it looks terrible. I'm thinking of stripping them and welding some aluminum in there and then repowdering them. Anyway here they are:

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r...m/IMG_0501.jpg

I'm getting my exhaust manifold ceramic coated so here is a picture of the progress. I was supposed to pick it up today but it wasn't coated yet so I took a picture of it just blasted. Here it is stock:

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r...m/IMG_2950.jpg

And blasted:

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r...m/IMG_0502.jpg

I also dropped the rear subframe so that I could strip and get it powdercoated as well and Install solid aluminum bushings. I'm currently replacing every bushing in the car with either solid aluminum or polyurethane.

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r...m/IMG_0504.jpg

I got my fuel rail back but since I haven't received my intake manifold yet from getting ported they still need it to create the brackets to hold the fuel rail. Once that is done I will have it anodized. Theres the stock fuel rail in the pic also for comparison:

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r...m/IMG_0507.jpg

Also I got a few things in but I'm still waiting on a ton more. Here is one half of my fuel system but I'm still missing another A1000 pump and Filter plus they sent me the wrong FPR as this one is too small.

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r...m/IMG_0499.jpg

And here is my Greddy E-01 Boost Controller, this will be ultimately controlled by my haltech.

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r...m/IMG_0497.jpg

I also ordered my turbo today, after much debate I decided to go with the Precision PTB 7685B. This will allow me to run in most of the import classes as this was the max inducer size I could go but it will put me at a disadvantage if I decide to run some of the bigger boys in the more powerful classes. I think that this will allow me to get to my goal and then also figure out the best way to get traction out of this chassis. More pictures to come in a few weeks as I will be leaving to houston for like three weeks so everything will be put on hold.
    Looking good!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    $#@! this is serious. Good job, and let us know how the tuning goes, take it slow and make sure its running spot on before trying to hit the 1000.
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

Other people eat shit and die.

I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    perfection!!!!! But rb26 is just a sexier engine lol Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

We were arguing that with a friend of mine who has a 26. I definitely like the valve covers on the 26 better but other than that for big power both are pretty much the same. Now the undisputed king of RB's is the RB30.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I have a friend who has a RB30 bottom end/25 head. I think its somewhere around 500..and not even close to being pushed to its full potential.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yeah those RB30's are pretty badass. Hard to get them though as they are only available from austrailia. This 25 should be enough to get me the 1200whp or so I'm gonna need to be one of the top cars in the class I want to run but if I ever decide to run in a class where I'd need 2kwhp I'd build a stroked out RB33(actually been looking at that the last few days lol).

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Alright well I've been home for a few days and have the car ready to take tomorrow to the chassis shop. I've also gotten some goodies in and made some changes to the build. I'm switching from the Tomei Solid lifter kit to the Supertech kit. Reason is I wanted longer duration cams with bigger lift and the hydraulic valves weren't long enough. With the supertech kit I get the longer valve length which enables me to run a much more aggresive cam. Because I'm using a much smaller base circle supertech is having to make a custom lifter so that will take a few weeks. I also got my new intercooler from Australia, I had bought another model but it was rated for 1,000HP and I needed more power to run X275 so I upgraded(I have the 1k one for sale if someone needs a badass drag intercooler) Here's a few poor quality cell pictures:

My new Precision PT7685
    Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

My PWR Air to Ice Intercooler

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

My car stripped to a shell

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

I'll drop it off tomorrow and hopefully have it back in 10 weeks after it gets a 25.5 cage and ladder bar suspension along with a fabricated housing for a Ford 9".

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Fantastic work so far.

Definitely an example of how to do it right!
    Rep Points > Posts since 2010

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Awesome man, it's gonna be a BEAST! Nissan FTW! Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    wow this thing is gonna be a beast when it's up and running, great build going!
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Lookin' good!

I like that you don't even mention 'dry sump', just spec the components! What porting and polishing will you do?

Dan

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    P&P was done by Proline Racing and it's pretty aggressive it flowed over 300cfm on the intake and I believe exhaust was 240's. There is no dry sump kit for this engine(there is for the rb26) so I'm putting it together. Engine would be done except I'm waiting on the new valvetrain.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Looking good man.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jimefam Click here to enlarge
    P&P was done by Proline Racing and it's pretty aggressive it flowed over 300cfm on the intake and I believe exhaust was 240's. There is no dry sump kit for this engine(there is for the rb26) so I'm putting it together. Engine would be done except I'm waiting on the new valvetrain.
    Enjoy!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    what fuel and tuner? will you be running variable valve timing? what rpm are you shooting for? new cam specs? pics of the th400 adapter? what injectors?

you're pushing with the stock crank imo!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by black bnr32 Click here to enlarge
    what fuel and tuner? will you be running variable valve timing? what rpm are you shooting for? new cam specs? pics of the th400 adapter? what injectors?

you're pushing with the stock crank imo!
    I'm going to be running a specific blend of E85 and Steve Petty from Proline will be doing the tuning through my haltech platinum pro. I will be eliminating the VTC. 11,000RPM's will be the maximum engine speed. New cams will be 290 duration 11.5mm lift IN/EX. Still waiting on ATI for trans adapter. I'm running Bosch 2225cc injectors. Yes I'm pushing the limits of the stock crank and block.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    hot damn

i approve

leaving the quench pads in the head or no?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yes. Initially the plan was to remove them but when the machinist looked into the optimal combustion chamber design they decided the stock design was pretty good. I know they made some changes but I haven't seen the head since the porting. Just left NRC Motorsports after dropping of my shell and it was a pretty exciting morning finally getting that phase started. I should have it back in 10-12 weeks and the motor will be back in it and then only wiring will be left.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Car in the trailer
    Click here to enlarge

Car right after I dropped it off@ NRC Motorsports ready to get a second life as a (hopefully) 7 second drag car
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    any sort of anti-lag? what size rubber?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    7 second car? well man you have a long list to do.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by black bnr32 Click here to enlarge
    any sort of anti-lag? what size rubber?
    Well the Haltech car run anti-lag but we'll have to see what the best way when tuning comes around. For now I'm betting I'll build boost with the transbrake and the NO2 kit. I will be running the car primarily in X275 so I'll be running a Hoosier 275/60/15 but I'm tubbing the wheel wells to accept a much larger tire for when I just want to make an all out pass at a lower weight than I could legally run in X275.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sorena Click here to enlarge
    7 second car? well man you have a long list to do.
    Yeah that is the hope but we'll see what I end up with. I have been working on this for a while and still have a good six months ahead of me just to get it running. When I do though I wont go full blast right away as to be honest a car this fast will take me a long while to get comfortable with. Lots of variables involved but given the weight and power I should be capable of that time is there.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    well then GL my friend Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I skimmed through it pretty fast and didnt notice what trans is it going to get? If you want to run any kind of time i would assume some sort of Auto? if you are a badass a Lenco Click here to enlarge

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast