Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

Installed KN Short Ram Intake

I thought I posted this here.. don't know how I missed Bimmerboost.

Well, after searching a few companies that didnt have them in stock. I found one on amazon shipped in one day for 230. Just installed it myself and it is awesome. All i can say the KN intake is superb in quality and fitment. Click here to enlarge

from 38 second mark is best part...

Things I can already notice from one day of driving. Much less time on gas pedal to reach boost = less turbo lag, noticeable to me at least. Exhaust got louder, and obviously so did the engine noise but it sounds like a crazy vacuum. Last but not least better gas mileage, totally noticed that.

my car loves to breath now without any struggle from that caged box intake.
    Last edited by Payam@BMS; 04-12-2011 at 02:28 AM.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

Missed BB huh... shame.

What kind of hp bump we talking?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)

1st mod?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Missed BB huh... shame.

What kind of hp bump we talking?
    Yea, dont know how I missed putting this up here. This ecu has a learn down feature. Does not let you go over stock hp. the only thing i feel is the natural affects of the intake. less turbo lag, more engine vaccuum noise and better mpg. after the downpipe i will tune.

btw friend of mine with an 09 cobalt SS stock dynoed at specialty Z's shop and hit 258 whp and 253 wtq in 4th gear.
    Is that dyno very friendly? lol if you know by anychance

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by alpinedevil335 Click here to enlarge
    1st mod?
    well, first performance mod yes. I did change up all the lights to HID and LED. I hate halogen.. so cheap.
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    btw friend of mine with an 09 cobalt SS stock dynoed at specialty Z's shop and hit 258 whp and 253 wtq in 4th gear.
    Is that dyno very friendly? lol if you know by anychance
    I do know, my M3 was dyno'd there. I would say it is a dynojet that is right on and maybe slightly mean, certainly not friendly or optimistic.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

I do know, my M3 was dyno'd there. I would say it is a dynojet that is right on and maybe slightly mean, certainly not friendly or optimistic.
    Damn so it got good numbers then for being stock. the only reason i'm asking is cause i got my gti on a dynojet at hk motorsports and dont know if I should go to specialty Z and dyno there. I want to know the dfference between my gti and the cobalt so not sure if i should change dyno places.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

Damn so it got good numbers then for being stock. the only reason i'm asking is cause i got my gti on a dynojet at hk motorsports and dont know if I should go to specialty Z and dyno there. I want to know the dfference between my gti and the cobalt so not sure if i should change dyno places.
    Nothing wrong with Specialty Z although their security is quite lax and I won't be giving them any business in the future.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

Nothing wrong with Specialty Z although their security is quite lax and I won't be giving them any business in the future.
    lol, maybe i'll stick with hk motorsports then haha. thanks for the info
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)

Specialty Z is where Terry does his dyno work isn't it?
    Sticky, what do you mean by lax? What happened?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

I think you're right on Terry's tunes with the JB.

Lol I think he meant security is up tight like LAX lmao. never been there so not sure how it is.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Security as in people off the street stealing peoples run files.

BG

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BrenM3 Click here to enlarge

BG
    you mean just the dyno file?
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

Yes, that is where Terry does his dyno work.

Gintani took my car there to get dynojet numbers. Drew also dyno'd there. They allowed PencilGeek to use their computer and steal both dyno results. Results I had never even seen mind you. I'm not cool with a place allowing someone to just take whatever files they want regarding someone else's car.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BrenM3 Click here to enlarge

BG
    Exactly.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

Lol I think he meant security is up tight like LAX lmao. never been there so not sure how it is.
    He meant lax, as in careless, not LAX.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)

Yes, that is where Terry does his dyno work.

Gintani took my car there to get dynojet numbers. Drew also dyno'd there. They allowed PencilGeek to use their computer and steal both dyno results. Results I had never even seen mind you. I'm not cool with a place allowing someone to just take whatever files they want regarding someone else's car.
    Why would he want your files? What were his intentions? Or what did he do with them?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

i never knew that scumbag did that. a $#@!in thief and he wants to act as if he has ANY credability.. sorry , pla, he is $#@!ed now.. (and yes it is stealing, it did not belong to him and did not have rightful owners permission) $#@!i thiefs, still love that about the arab culture.. off with the hand..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

Why would he want your files? What were his intentions? Or what did he do with them?
    He tried to discredit Drew and I saying our torque curves sucked blah blah blah when they virtually mirrored each other. Just shows the kind of person he is, who would do that? I don't care where he dynos I wouldn't go to that extent. He posted my 570 whp numbers as if they were negative. Uh, pretty strong actually.

He accomplished nothing except for looking like an idiot.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    i never knew that scumbag did that. a $#@!in thief and he wants to act as if he has ANY credability.. sorry , pla, he is $#@!ed now.. (and yes it is stealing, it did not belong to him and did not have rightful owners permission) $#@!i thiefs, still love that about the arab culture.. off with the hand..
    Exactly. Drew might have forgiven him but I haven't. Plus, kind of shows the person you are dealing with. A 50 year old man running around California trying to steal dyno numbers. Get a life!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

Exactly. Drew might have forgiven him but I haven't. Plus, kind of shows the person you are dealing with. A 50 year old man running around California trying to steal dyno numbers. Get a life!
    what an embarrasment. he needs to shove his head up his own ass.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)

He tried to discredit Drew and I saying our torque curves sucked blah blah blah when they virtually mirrored each other. Just shows the kind of person he is, who would do that? I don't care where he dynos I wouldn't go to that extent. He posted my 570 whp numbers as if they were negative. Uh, pretty strong actually.

He accomplished nothing except for looking like an idiot.
    Wow, some people just love to be haters.