Close

    • When a tuner reeks of desperation - Dime Racing trolls Pure Turbos due to their W205 C63 M177 turbo upgrade

      Vendors go about their online business in different ways. Some choose to stay out of it and just let their products do the talking. Others are very loud and constantly involved in social media and forum flame wars touting their product as the best. Often times those who yell the loudest are the most desperate for attention.


      Take Dime Racing as an example. Yes, the same Dime Racing that Weistec took to court. That matter has since been settled with undisclosed terms but Dime Racing continues to engage in some very shady behavior online.

      Last year Dime was caught trying to take credit for what was actually Weistec's performance on social media. Before that they used a Weistec dynograph claiming it was their own.

      Now they are going after Pure Turbos. Why? Because Pure Turbos entered the M177/M178 turbo upgrade market and is showing great results for less money. AMG modding is where Dime operates and a new competitor offering a better product for less money must be destroyed online rather than beaten through honest competition.

      The trolls were let loose:






      Pathetic, right? First they claim the Dynojet numbers are manipulated and a fabrication. Clearly someone needs to read the recent BoostAddict article on Dynojets vs. Mustang dynamometers.

      Secondly, they say Pure Turbos should 'prove it' and race them. Yes, seriously, they ask Pure Turbos to race a customer car without permission for some stupid internet grudge match. Pure Turbos being a responsible and professional company laughs this off and then the troll claims they backed out. Unbelievable.

      This goes on further where the Dime trolls imply this turbo upgrade will blow your motor. You get an idea of the pattern.

      The whole reason for this weak trolling attempt is to try to discredit a new option that is showing very well for less money. Pure Turbos is to be commended and let's just say we are all glad they do not race internet trolls in customer cars but instead let the performance numbers do the talking.

      This type of thing happens more often than you think. In the past, a tuner who took a similar approach was MHP and the owner actually asked BenzBoost to create troll accounts so the owner could go on a certain forum and try to undermine the competition. BenzBoost declined and MHP is now history.

      This same sort of thing is going on today with Dime having troll accounts on certain forums that specifically attack competitors. We know of a certain tuner that is sick of it and you can probably add @Pure Turbos to that list.

      Maybe Dime Racing has an M177 turbo upgrade that works now (Eurocharged dumped them due to issues). Maybe their tuner isn't committing felonies any longer. Maybe Rod Shegem (http://rod-shegem.com) is not stealing money. What is clear is that a black cloud and negativity seems to follow Dime Racing wherever they go.

      This article was originally published in forum thread: When a tuner reeks of desperation - Dime Racing trolls Pure Turbos due to their W205 C63 M177 turbo upgrade started by Sticky View original post
      Comments 24 Comments
      1. Pure Turbos's Avatar
        Pure Turbos -
        To be clear, those people trolling us on IG appear to be Dime customers, not Dime themselves. If you post the conversation as it continued, you will see they backed off, and ended with good things to say. I would rather the actual results of this MB C63S with Pure Turbos get posted. I imagine Dime had nothing to do with this. Pure did not condone or promote this drama thread.

        For the C63S, it's making ~630whp, and 10.7s @ 131.77mph 1/4 mile! On a 21psi pump gas tune! I can't wait to see it on a race tune. We should be able to break some records! And all this on our $2995 Stg1 turbos!

        Click here to enlarge
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        The majority of articles put up are of my own volition. Why would anyone think you condoned or encouraged this article? As stated, you are professional and always come across that way.

        However, it is my duty to report what is going on and Dime is trolling not just on social media but on other forums. Someone has to expose it and hold them accountable and I will gladly do that.
      1. Pure Turbos's Avatar
        Pure Turbos -
        That's fine. We just want to make it clear, we did not ask you to post this. We are also not claiming that Dime was trolling our IG or anything. We don't have any knowledge of that. Just two customers of theirs it seems. No big deal. Click here to enlarge
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Pure Turbos Click here to enlarge
        That's fine. We just want to make it clear, we did not ask you to post this. We are also not claiming that Dime was trolling our IG or anything. We don't have any knowledge of that. Just two customers of theirs it seems. No big deal. Click here to enlarge
        No worries. You're too busy producing quality products to request something like this and it's not in your character anyway.

        People can come to their own conclusions on how Dime comes off. Plenty to chew on in that article.
      1. MR747's Avatar
        MR747 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        No worries. You're too busy producing quality products to request something like this and it's not in your character anyway.

        People can come to their own conclusions on how Dime comes off. Plenty to chew on in that article.
        Good on you Pure for not getting involved in this Dime crap

        Its petty

        I have worked with Dime before and i have not experienced any of what is being said on other forums

        EVERY shop has there horror stories not just DIME

        End of the day as long as the end customer is happy thats all that counts

        Dime make a killer product
        Weistec make a killer product
        Eurocharged make a killer product
        Pure make a killer product

        Everyone just needs to get along

        I really like this forum but some of the BS posted here is just jibberish
      1. Sticky2's Avatar
        Sticky2 -
        What is just jibberish? You have links with proof posted...
      1. gzim335's Avatar
        gzim335 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MR747 Click here to enlarge
        Good on you Pure for not getting involved in this Dime crap

        Its petty

        I have worked with Dime before and i have not experienced any of what is being said on other forums

        EVERY shop has there horror stories not just DIME

        End of the day as long as the end customer is happy thats all that counts

        Dime make a killer product
        Weistec make a killer product
        Eurocharged make a killer product
        Pure make a killer product

        Everyone just needs to get along

        I really like this forum but some of the BS posted here is just jibberish
        I totally agree man nothing good comes out of this drama anyway makes both companies look unprofessional etc,that said this is just two people trying to troll pure and Kevin smh,I'm not sure why they allow this bs on their page instead of just blocking them from the beginning,I've been a dime costumer for past 6 months and they always delivered what they promised 👍
      1. Aaron's Avatar
        Aaron -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        Others are very loud and constantly involved in social media and forum flame wars touting their product as the best. Often times those who yell the loudest are the most desperate for attention.

        The whole reason for this weak trolling attempt is to try to discredit a new option that is showing very well for less money.
        Boy this sounds an awful lot like another vendor we all know. But he pays you so you won't say $#@!.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Aaron Click here to enlarge
        Boy this sounds an awful lot like another vendor we all know. But he pays you so you won't say $#@!.
        You mean the one that was limited last year and has since been posting very differently? The one I removed? How is it I won't say $#@! again?

        Just because you don't like that particular vendor and can't get along with him isn't my problem.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by gzim335 Click here to enlarge
        I totally agree man nothing good comes out of this drama anyway makes both companies look unprofessional etc,that said this is just two people trying to troll pure and Kevin smh,I'm not sure why they allow this bs on their page instead of just blocking them from the beginning,I've been a dime costumer for past 6 months and they always delivered what they promised 
        How do you explain lying on social media, using Weistec dyno graphs, the felony, the money laundering, and the lawsuits though?

        The trolling may or may not be sanctioned as they can easily say it was just the customers although it doesn't reflect well on Dime, does it?
      1. gzim335's Avatar
        gzim335 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        How do you explain lying on social media, using Weistec dyno graphs, the felony, the money laundering, and the lawsuits though?

        The trolling may or may not be sanctioned as they can easily say it was just the customers although it doesn't reflect well on Dime, does it?
        U seem to ignore the fact that Steve was behind every single product to ever come out of Weistec,you can tell know as weistec hasn't been coming with anything new for the past year,where r the w4 E63 turbos?dime has so many products coming out just stay tuned
      1. Sticky2's Avatar
        Sticky2 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by gzim335 Click here to enlarge
        U seem to ignore the fact that Steve was behind every single product to ever come out of Weistec,you can tell know as weistec hasn't been coming with anything new for the past year,where r the w4 E63 turbos?dime has so many products coming out just stay tuned
        You're way off here man, wayyyyyy off.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by gzim335 Click here to enlarge
        U seem to ignore the fact that Steve was behind every single product to ever come out of Weistec,you can tell know as weistec hasn't been coming with anything new for the past year,where r the w4 E63 turbos?dime has so many products coming out just stay tuned
        Steve was not behind every product to come out, first of all. Secondly, I know all about the W.4 setup and could share quite a bit but Weistec likes to do professional releases with full details. I think everyone will be quite satisfied as they are with all Weistec products.

        Not to mention they are working on more CARB approved products. Where are Dime's?

        Look, Dime has done a tone of shady stuff. You can't possibly ignore it.
      1. MR747's Avatar
        MR747 -
        This is just tit for tat crap

        They have all settled now and you guys are all still stiring ....

        If Dime were so dodgy why are the AMG backed? And racing for AMG?

        End of the day both these companies are producing quality products and I'm happy we now have options before we didn't

        Haters are gonna hate you can't make everyone happy
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MR747 Click here to enlarge
        If Dime were so dodgy why are the AMG backed? And racing for AMG?
        There's quite the long story there...

        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MR747 Click here to enlarge
        Haters are gonna hate you can't make everyone happy
        Hey, if you're happy, great.
      1. BigM62's Avatar
        BigM62 -
        LOL. When I read, "When a tuner reeks of.......", I thought you were going to say, " alcohol". Click here to enlarge
      1. emericr's Avatar
        emericr -
        I wonder how you explain the GT that fell off the lift and Weistec fixed it without advising the owner and tried to get away with it. Shady practices...
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by emericr Click here to enlarge
        I wonder how you explain the GT that fell off the lift and Weistec fixed it without advising the owner and tried to get away with it. Shady practices...
        I see we have a dime troll.
      1. emericr's Avatar
        emericr -
        Really??? I thought you had higher standards as I am not new here...Click here to enlarge
        I have no affiliation with either companies nor have I bought any products from them.
        I am not sure what the forum rules here are about posting a link to another thread from another forum but if you want to spend 1 minute to go to mbworld forum and in the GT forum, look for the thread titled Which tune? dated 04/25/17? Click here to enlarge
        Let me know your thoughts on that matter.
        I also have 1 friend that has ordered a supercharger for his E55 and still waiting on parts from Weistec and this is after weeks of original delivery of the supercharger.


        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        I see we have a dime troll.
      1. BlackJetE90OC's Avatar
        BlackJetE90OC -
        What ever happened to that guy on here that had some epic Weistec builds? He was a bit of a sh*t talker. Does he no longer do business with them?