Close

    • Tesla P100D Ludicrous vs. Lamborghini Huracan on the 1/4 mile drag strip

      We all know the Tesla Model S P100D is quick off the line. GPS test numbers showed 0-60 in 2.5 seconds and 0-100 in 6.5. The 1/4 mile trap speed on the VBOX used for the GPS numbers showed 124.5 GPS trap speed timing often inflates trap speeds versus real world drag strip numbers.


      That is the case here. The Tesla is still fast but on an actual strip runs 10.825 @ 122.93. The Huracan manages 10.843 @ 127.23.

      The two cars and very close and it really comes down to reaction time for the win. The Tesla is hard to beat right off the line but you can see just how much harder the Huracan is pulling past the 1/8 mile. From a roll, the Tesla has no chance.

      Certainly impressive performance from the P100D but it is a bit of a one trick pony.




      This article was originally published in forum thread: Tesla P100D Ludicrous vs. Lamborghini Huracan on the 1/4 mile drag strip started by Sticky View original post
      Comments 16 Comments
      1. Stevenh's Avatar
        Stevenh -
        Call it a one trick pony if you'd like, but this car is never going to lose a stoplight race. Ever. 124mph is still a pretty damn respectable trap... The Huracan only picked up a couple of extra MPH in the back half. Its not like it walked it that hard until the very end.
      1. 4doorbmwpower's Avatar
        4doorbmwpower -
        thats crazy.... i need to ask an electrical engineer if there is any "mods" you can do on that thing.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Stevenh Click here to enlarge
        Call it a one trick pony if you'd like, but this car is never going to lose a stoplight race. Ever. 124mph is still a pretty damn respectable trap... The Huracan only picked up a couple of extra MPH in the back half. Its not like it walked it that hard until the very end.
        122 not 124 and there most certainly are stock cars that can beat it let alone modded examples.
      1. Stevenh's Avatar
        Stevenh -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 4doorbmwpower Click here to enlarge
        thats crazy.... i need to ask an electrical engineer if there is any "mods" you can do on that thing.
        It might be possible, but cracking the ECU on this thing is probably damn near impossible. I've been wondering if running a large wheel / tire combo to effectively lengthen the gearing would help these things on the top end. Its not like they struggle the least bit down low so I'm sure the losses there would be negligible.
      1. Stevenh's Avatar
        Stevenh -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        122 not 124 and there most certainly are stock cars that can beat it let alone modded examples.
        Whoops, I was thinking the vbox times... Anyhow, what stock car is going outrun this in street conditions? Huracan's are strong from a dig and this one just got its ass handed to it in a controlled environment.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Stevenh Click here to enlarge
        Whoops, I was thinking the vbox times... Anyhow, what stock car is going outrun this in street conditions? Huracan's are strong from a dig and this one just got its ass handed to it in a controlled environment.
        How did it get its ass handed to it? They both ran 10.8. Better reaction time on the Lambo and it wins.

        In an 1/8 mile yeah it's hard to beat.
      1. Stevenh's Avatar
        Stevenh -
        Like I said... 'stoplight race' which means random encounter on the street, to me. They barely ever make it to the 1/8 mile mark, let alone the 1/4.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Stevenh Click here to enlarge
        Like I said... 'stoplight race' which means random encounter on the street, to me. They barely ever make it to the 1/8 mile mark, let alone the 1/4.
        In those instances, sure, but I mean it's over in a few seconds. Is it really even a race?

        I get your point but in an actual run the Tesla is easy to beat IMO.
      1. Stevenh's Avatar
        Stevenh -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        In those instances, sure, but I mean it's over in a few seconds. Is it really even a race?

        I get your point but in an actual run the Tesla is easy to beat IMO.
        TIL .018 second victory = easily beat.
      1. nbrigdan's Avatar
        nbrigdan -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Stevenh Click here to enlarge
        Call it a one trick pony if you'd like, but this car is never going to lose a stoplight race. Ever.
        Just one really damn impressive trick.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Stevenh Click here to enlarge
        TIL .018 second victory = easily beat.
        I didn't restrict my point to the 1/4 mile. If you're at speed the Tesla is easy.
      1. Stevenh's Avatar
        Stevenh -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        I didn't restrict my point to the 1/4 mile. If you're at speed the Tesla is easy.
        Honestly, I don't know how it stacks from a roll... Obviously, not as strong as the ET would make you think, but I'd love to see the P100D run a 115mph, 120mph and 125mph car from a 60-130 roll. It would be pretty damn interesting, IMO.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Stevenh Click here to enlarge
        It would be pretty damn interesting, IMO.
        This is a P85D and the M4 crushes it. The P100D would do a little better really the P100D is just generating more torque down low: http://www.boostaddict.com/content.p...5D-from-a-roll
      1. boostedmaserati's Avatar
        boostedmaserati -
        Agreed with Sticky. Not to take away from the Tesla, because from a dig, it's seriously impressive. However, from a roll, the Tesla loses steam up high and makes it very beatable.
      1. Markblackwell's Avatar
        Markblackwell -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Stevenh Click here to enlarge
        Whoops, I was thinking the vbox times... Anyhow, what stock car is going outrun this in street conditions? Huracan's are strong from a dig and this one just got its ass handed to it in a controlled environment.
        not many stock cars can run with this Tesla from a dig, but they are soul less. How many laps can a tesla make at Laguna Seca with one of these at WOT? before they lose power? about 4ish. Oh ya a Porsche TTS can out stop light this car they can cut a high 1.50 60ft time on stock rubber.
      1. Newguy123's Avatar
        Newguy123 -
        Pretty impressive a 4 door family sedan is a super car killer at the drag strip too....right off the showroom floor