Sport Auto Supertest of the new Porsche 991 Carrera S PDK - Laps the Nurburgring as fast as a Pagani Zonda S
The new 911 Carrera S is a very impressive vehicle. It is not far off the pace of the 997 GT3 which is incredible in of itself. The vehicle tested had PDK, PCCB brakes, and PASM with the -20mm suspension option. What is very telling is the numbers around the tight Hockenheim circuit which match a 997.2 GT3 with a 1:10.4 laptime. Around the ring Sport Auto tested it at 7:44 which is as fast as they tested an R8 V10, Pagani Zonda S, and it is faster than the 996 GT2. Impressive? You bet.
Sport Auto Supertest - Porsche 911 Carrera S PDK (991)
Hockenheimring short course: 1.10,4 min - as fast as 997.2 GT3 on semi-slicks, 3 (!) seconds quicker than 997.2 S PDK.
- Equipment: 400 hp, PDK, PCCB, PASM -20 mm
- Tyres: Pirelli P Zero N0
- Weight: 1497 kg
- 0-100 km/h: 4,2 s
- 0-200 km/h: 14,1 s (997.2 PDK: 14,9 s, 997.2 GTS: 13,8 s)
- Braking 100-0 km/h cold/warm: 33,8 m (1,16 g) / 33,5 m (1,17 g)
- Braking 200-0 km/h warm: 131,6 m (1,19 g)
- 36 m slalom: 139 km/h
- 110 m ISO evasive test: 156 km/h (997.2 GT3: 160 km/h)
- Wet handling: 1.46,1 min
Nürburgring-Nordschleife: 7.44 min - as fast as Turbo S, only 4 sec slower than 997.2 GT3 on Cup-tyres.