Yes Reputation No
    Pics of the new ride?
    Any stock figures for this car?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Ryan Mills Click here to enlarge
    How does the engine feel compared to the GTI? Do you think you're going to go further with this car than what you did before you GTI got smashed? Keep it up!
    I will do the basics, intake downpipe chip intercooler. then with more results and getting used to 330-350 whp 360-390 wtq on fwd, i prob will do the bolt on turbo for about 450 whp to be safe with stock internals and fueling. For now im taking it slower than my gti. the engine feels the same exactly how everyone with a k04 said it would be on a gti. i swear its gm version of the TSI. chain driven fuel pump, direct injection 2.0 liter, etc!

http://www.bimmerboost.com/showthrea...ort-Ram-Intake

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by alpinedevil335 Click here to enlarge
    Pics of the new ride?
    Any stock figures for this car?
    http://www.bimmerboost.com/showthrea...ally-got-a-car.

My friend friend with 09 cobalt ss stock dynoed at 258 whp and 253 wtq on dynoje 2 weeks ago.
    http://www.dragtimes.com/Chevrolet-C...lip-17087.html
    1/4 Mile ET: 13.665
    1/4 Mile MPH: 104.250
    1/8 Mile ET: 8.949
    1/8 Mile MPH: 81.890
    0-60 Foot ET: 2.175
    ^^ stock

this is fastest time on stock turbo with bolt ons. on the left.
    Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    it looks like 600whp is about the limit for the stock fueling for e90 i guess for this car lol. wonder how much they can get on just pump.. idk why they keep using ethanol.

umm i just read it said secondary set of injectors? i asked them to see what the $#@! lol

With the EFR turbo off my SSTC for product development, I wanted to try out the S259 turbo I had at the shop. I bolted it up yesterday as a standard ZZP LNF turbo upgrade kit. All of the parts are off-the-shelf and available through ZZP with the exception of the larger turbo which we could substitute in as well as our MAF based fueler and the secondary set of injectors which we are getting ready to finalize and put together a kit. I started out with factory boost control, but it is difficult to get accurate, consistent boost control above 30psi boost, so I switched to our manual boost control regulator. This car is running on our 90% ethanol fuel that we ran in Ryan's LSJ. Tonight, I decided to do a few dyno pulls. Here was the best pull:

Click here to enlarge

It appears that we are finally running out of in-tank pump. The fuel pressure was dropping towards the end of the pull despite the mechanical pump increasing speed. That is a sign that the feed pump just can't keep up anymore. Either way, I'm not complaining. This pull was 598whp uncorrected on 90% ethanol running the stock in-tank pump!
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Damnn good $#@!
    JB4LIFE

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    so this is what 625 whp will do to this little 2.0 engine. stock block stock internals. love this R&D. I will be shooting for 480whp on high boost and about 400whp on low boost setting. This is making me excited...

on the stock bottom end...

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

When we first tested our ported head, we had a motor out of a roll-over parts car that we bought. We ported the head and bolted it back on that motor and then swapped the whole motor into my car. That was the motor that ran the S256 a couple years ago. It had a handful of dyno pulls in the 500whp area and one pull turned up a little that hit 530, although the fuel system wasn't supporting that very well. It was 3000 psi on 110 octane running at 13:1, FWIW. Late that year, there was a little smoke coming from the exhaust. We tore everything down to see what was holding up and what wasn't. We found that the rods were bent with a couple being pretty bad. This was after running the 256 for a couple months with 30-40 dyno pulls and 2 trips to the track. At that time, the original motor out of my car went back in along with the stock head. The first time this motor was in my car, it had over a hundred dyno pulls and about 8-10 track visits. This time around, we used this motor to test the S252 turbo kit, which saw a couple hundred dyno pulls and 4 or 5 trips to the track. We also ran the stock turbo for a while testing E85, zzp cams, and some other parts. This setup had over a hundred dyno pulls, and one trip to the track. We then put the Z254 turbo on and did a couple dozen dyno pulls and a bunch of street testing. After that, it got the S259 turbo which saw a few dozen dyno pulls while testing various cams and fuel system upgrades. Between the Z254 turbo and the S259 turbo, this motor had dozens of dyno pulls higher than the other motor ever made. Max power was nearly 100 hp higher, and the max torque was about 100 ft lbs higher as well. Having said all of this, it would stand to reason that the motor that just came out should have severely bent connecting rods, but it doesn't. My only explanations are that the S256 setup was being revved to 8200 RPM, while the other setups were typically maxed at 7500-7800 RPM. Perhaps more importantly, thinking back on how the previous motor came out of a roll-over car, there is always the possibility that it was hydro-locked on motor oil. If it stayed running for a few seconds while upside-down, I could see this happening.

Anyway, these are my findings. At this point, I don't feel that the factory rods will be an issue for anyone running in the 450whp range with occasional 500whp hits.

I took this motor apart yesterday. Here are a few more pics-

Notice that rods 1, 3, and 4 don't look bent much if at all. They looked worse on the previous engine that made about 100 less HP. I have a couple theories as to how this could be.

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    wow, thanks for the pics, cant wait till its up and running again. your power goals are lower than what that engine blew up on surprisingly, knowing your background with the gti...
    Click here to enlarge
    2007 335i Coupe
    Mods: Check the Garage

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by oddjob2021 Click here to enlarge
    wow, thanks for the pics, cant wait till its up and running again. your power goals are lower than what that engine blew up on surprisingly, knowing your background with the gti...

Ohh, I'm sorry. This isnt MY engine thats running in my car. It is ZZP company that is doing R&D with this engine and putting it to the test with different turbos. They blew the engine running 625 whp with stock bottom end, pistons and rods. They have upgraded fuel system, cams, valves* i think. Along with their stage 3 big turbo kit. They put about 4 different turbos on this car. Once they are done with the R&D and have a kit for the EFR turbo, I will be getting on that to get about 400/500whp.

Right now I just have Intake, downpipe and tune, running maybe about 300whp and 350wtq. Will dyno soon tho. this is on stock turbo.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    sick man, insane power for a domestic 4banger, good luck. what kind of data can you expect with the upp'd turbo? ET, Trap, Mile, 60-130?
    Click here to enlarge
    2007 335i Coupe
    Mods: Check the Garage

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by oddjob2021 Click here to enlarge
    sick man, insane power for a domestic 4banger, good luck. what kind of data can you expect with the upp'd turbo? ET, Trap, Mile, 60-130?
    With the 400 whp, I think It will be an easy 120+ trap speed, maybe around the 11's. The fastest time and trap on stock turbo was 11.9 at 117 mph. I'm not too sure about 60-130, but they say its around ZR1 speed.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    but they say its around ZR1 speed.
    "They" are over promising Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    so this is what 625 whp will do to this little 2.0 engine. stock block stock internals. love this R&D. I will be shooting for 480whp on high boost and about 400whp on low boost setting. This is making me excited...

on the stock bottom end...

http://www.bimmerboost.com/images/im...ottomend-1.jpg

http://www.bimmerboost.com/images/im...ttomend2-1.jpg

When we first tested our ported head, we had a motor out of a roll-over parts car that we bought. We ported the head and bolted it back on that motor and then swapped the whole motor into my car. That was the motor that ran the S256 a couple years ago. It had a handful of dyno pulls in the 500whp area and one pull turned up a little that hit 530, although the fuel system wasn't supporting that very well. It was 3000 psi on 110 octane running at 13:1, FWIW. Late that year, there was a little smoke coming from the exhaust. We tore everything down to see what was holding up and what wasn't. We found that the rods were bent with a couple being pretty bad. This was after running the 256 for a couple months with 30-40 dyno pulls and 2 trips to the track. At that time, the original motor out of my car went back in along with the stock head. The first time this motor was in my car, it had over a hundred dyno pulls and about 8-10 track visits. This time around, we used this motor to test the S252 turbo kit, which saw a couple hundred dyno pulls and 4 or 5 trips to the track. We also ran the stock turbo for a while testing E85, zzp cams, and some other parts. This setup had over a hundred dyno pulls, and one trip to the track. We then put the Z254 turbo on and did a couple dozen dyno pulls and a bunch of street testing. After that, it got the S259 turbo which saw a few dozen dyno pulls while testing various cams and fuel system upgrades. Between the Z254 turbo and the S259 turbo, this motor had dozens of dyno pulls higher than the other motor ever made. Max power was nearly 100 hp higher, and the max torque was about 100 ft lbs higher as well. Having said all of this, it would stand to reason that the motor that just came out should have severely bent connecting rods, but it doesn't. My only explanations are that the S256 setup was being revved to 8200 RPM, while the other setups were typically maxed at 7500-7800 RPM. Perhaps more importantly, thinking back on how the previous motor came out of a roll-over car, there is always the possibility that it was hydro-locked on motor oil. If it stayed running for a few seconds while upside-down, I could see this happening.

Anyway, these are my findings. At this point, I don't feel that the factory rods will be an issue for anyone running in the 450whp range with occasional 500whp hits.

I took this motor apart yesterday. Here are a few more pics-

Notice that rods 1, 3, and 4 don't look bent much if at all. They looked worse on the previous engine that made about 100 less HP. I have a couple theories as to how this could be.

http://www.bimmerboost.com/images/im...ttomend3-1.jpg

http://www.bimmerboost.com/images/im...ttomend4-1.jpg

http://www.bimmerboost.com/images/im...ttomend5-1.jpg
    I got confused there for a second as well and thought this was your motor.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I got confused there for a second as well and thought this was your motor.
    I thought I quoted the text, Idk what happened.. :/
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    With the 400 whp, I think It will be an easy 120+ trap speed, maybe around the 11's. The fastest time and trap on stock turbo was 11.9 at 117 mph. I'm not too sure about 60-130, but they say its around ZR1 speed.

That would need to be in the 130's trap to be close to the ZR1.....

How much TQ did that motor make when it blew? Tq is what blows stuff, stop messing around with little turbos that spool quick and make a $#@! ton of tq... throw a good sized turbo on it and make some power....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by gringotegra Click here to enlarge
    That would need to be in the 130's trap to be close to the ZR1.....

How much TQ did that motor make when it blew? Tq is what blows stuff, stop messing around with little turbos that spool quick and make a $#@! ton of tq... throw a good sized turbo on it and make some power....
    Lol, I know. I'm not bullshitting.. I pm'd the the vendor and asked him for the dyno result on the 600whp pull to see the psi and torque. And I even asked him for his slips on the 1/4 cause he has his times posted on his sig.

08 SS/T - 11.62 @ 119 k04. 11.43 @ 126 s252. 607whp S259.

I'm sure with the s259 they will be aound the 130+ trap speed. The s252 was making like 500whp maybe even a little less. I think a turbo that maxes out at like 600whp is pretty good size lol. I still want to be able to track my car and have fun, not to be scared of punching it and getting power when I need it. There is a guy that has a 6765 kit in progress looking for about 800whp..
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Here is another update as they are finalizing the EFR bolt on turbo and tune settings for customers. Rumors are it should be coming out by Xmas and I'm very excited.

A couple weeks ago, we installed a zzp 2.1 liter lnf motor with zzp block girdle, zzp rods, wiseco forged pistons. This motor also has our ported head and s2 cams with larger fuel pump lobe. Running our bolt-on zzp/efr turbo and full zzp bolt-ons, this setup has been dyno tested to 567whp at 30psi running on E85 from our local Mobil station that tested at 87% ethanol. At 475-500whp, the DI injectors were being pushed beyond their optimum window, so Iam running our single extra injector kit and controller.(Same kit run by Scythe Snake)

With the race season winding down, I wanted to get this car to the track to see what I could put down. I headed down to US131 Motorsports Park in Martin. The weather was great and the track was alright, but my slicks are 2 years old and not in the best shape anymore. All passes were made with 16-18psi in 1st gear and switched to the high boost setting down track.

For the 1st pass, I launched very conservatively and put down a 1.84 sixty foot. I switched to high boost- about 26psi towards the top of 2nd gear. I shifted pretty conservative and finished with an 11.2432 at 132.16

For the 2nd pass, I launched a little harder for a 1.78 sixty foot. Unfortunately, I forgot to switch to high boost until part way through 4th gear. This pass was a 11.30 at 130.

Pass #3 was a little better sixty foot at 1.77. I hit high boost(27psi) about half way through 2nd gear. This pass got it done with a 10.9985 @ 133.61!
    Click here to enlarge

Pass #4 was run the same way, but the sixty foot was a little slower at 1.80. This run was a 11.06 @ 134.40

For pass #5, I decided to turn it up a little(29psi on high) and also tried to launch harder. I also started no-lift shifting the 3-4 shift. Unfortunately it spun pretty bad on this run for a 1.88 sixty. The pass was 11.01 @ 136.85.
    Click here to enlarge

Pass #6 was run the same(29psi and nls 3-4). I got a better sixty foot at 1.81 and ran 11.00 @ 136.84.
    Click here to enlarge

For pass#7, I decided to nls 2-3 as well as 3-4. Unfortunately, thinking about this, I forgot to hit the high boost switch until 4th gear again. I finished with an 11.18 at 132mph.

At this point, I decided to call it a day because the track just wasn't good enough to put down a good sixty foot any more. With a 1.68 sixty foot and 30psi on the high setting, we should be looking at a 10.6. Maybe next year...
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    That is one beautiful turbocharger. AMAZING power curve - had NO idea that engine was this capable.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    damn
    JB4LIFE

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I know.. once I saw the 136 trap speed I was like ohhh $#@!.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    136 is really fast man...

Was there any motor work done to get that 136 or was that on a stock motor just turbo?
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

Other people eat shit and die.

I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DBFIU Click here to enlarge
    136 is really fast man...

Was there any motor work done to get that 136 or was that on a stock motor just turbo?
    Yes, fully built motor with a 5th injector for 600+ whp. ohh yea stroked to 2.1 lol

zzp 2.1 liter lnf motor with zzp block girdle, zzp rods, wiseco forged pistons. This motor also has our ported head and s2 cams with larger fuel pump lobe. Running our bolt-on zzp/efr turbo and full zzp bolt-ons, this setup has been dyno tested to 567whp at 30psi running on E85 from our local Mobil station that tested at 87% ethanol. At 475-500whp, the DI injectors were being pushed beyond their optimum window, so Iam running our single extra injector kit and controlle
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    why not just go meth injection for the extra fuel.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Here is another update as they are finalizing the EFR bolt on turbo and tune settings for customers. Rumors are it should be coming out by Xmas and I'm very excited.
    10.9@133? Holy $#@! man, that's no joke.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DBFIU Click here to enlarge
    why not just go meth injection for the extra fuel.
    I think the extra injector kit makes more power than meth would. I believe they tried it, but they tested with their huge cams.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    10.9@133? Holy $#@! man, that's no joke.
    That was on 26 psi or something. he hit 136 trap with 29 psi
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    That was on 26 psi or something. he hit 136 trap with 29 psi
    Ugh, and N54's are running what? That is just ridiculous.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    N54s essentially are going to stay 11 second cars forever.

Click here to enlarge

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast