Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Buying Decision CTSV

Guys, I am thinking of selling my beautiful 335i and going for a 2010/11 ctsV sedan.

Does anybody have any input or has anybody driven one and can give real unbiased input against a BMW? I wanted to go M3 but I don't want the same car with a different engine mainly because I want a new interior... and I was looking at a bmw 550i but finding 6MTs is hard and a long process.

Finally, the CTSV comes in 6MT, has 550 HP and I will not be tempted to modify right off the bad. Also I need two more doors this time!

Anybody have any suggestions?
    Click here to enlarge
    Current:
    2010 CTS-V Sedan

Previous:
    2007 e92 335i

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Im actually gonna be getting one soon myself (coupe coming out of my e93) test drove one and man that thing is awesome....the magnetic ride is really great over bumps and handles really well as well

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    really? Is it better handling than a 3er? or even an M?

Did you like the interior at all or how was that? I have yet to test drive it so I just want opinions for now Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Current:
    2010 CTS-V Sedan

Previous:
    2007 e92 335i

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    yea...its better than my 3er and on par if not better than the m3 I test drove last year....the interior is better than my 3er and i HIGHLY recommend the recaro seats and suede steering wheel....they make a HUGE difference in the experience of the car

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I almost bought one. Test drove 2 of them. Love the car, it is a beast. Torque everywhere. Although it does feel big, but the suspension does its job very well.

check out this thread thou ... definitely some interior problem you will see on the caddy forums...creaks, rattles, sunroof noises...

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...ound-like.html

http://www.cadillacreports.com/webop...ell-squeak-and

you will see a lot of the above...

but if your ok with that stuff...it is an amazing car. I think the interior just looks gorgeous and is actually covered the dash in leather. The sound system great. Amazing car all around
    Current:
    14 Viper TA
    Wsir - 1:28:9
    Buttonwillow C13 - 1:54:1

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    +1

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    As much as I'd like to sell my car and grab one, I'd really like to wait and see what issues they will/will not have down the road. Granted it's american so you can practically take it anywhere....but hopefully no major issues.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    to my knowledge there really arent too many issues aside from squeaks and clicks here and there....the block holds up well as long as there are supporting mods for it.....only know of one CTS-V that blew up but it seems like it was the owners fault and not the tuners...for half the price it would take to mod a new M5 i could strap a new blower on there and blow the doors off it.....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    You are making the right choice. You will never power out of your N54 like you can get with the CTS-V. It's a beast of a car, torque everywhere, simply awesome.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    wow guys thank you so much for the input!! I am glad I got some people to help me out and I think I might do this for real. I am definitely going MT and I will stay on BB if i do haha nothing like the n54 and s65 scene Click here to enlarge

Thanks again
    Click here to enlarge
    Current:
    2010 CTS-V Sedan

Previous:
    2007 e92 335i

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by alq80 Click here to enlarge
    wow guys thank you so much for the input!! I am glad I got some people to help me out and I think I might do this for real. I am definitely going MT and I will stay on BB if i do haha nothing like the n54 and s65 scene Click here to enlarge

Thanks again
    We will do our best to accommodate you. I'm hoping to expand the general automotive section to accommodate you as well as others. We are more of a performance enthusiast site than just BMW any longer.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    We will do our best to accommodate you. I'm hoping to expand the general automotive section to accommodate you as well as others. We are more of a performance enthusiast site than just BMW any longer.
    true and I honestly (not trying to be a kiss ass) would like to get information from a forum like this for many reasons... Keep it up sticky
    Click here to enlarge
    Current:
    2010 CTS-V Sedan

Previous:
    2007 e92 335i