Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Guys I can personally vouch for Kris who flew all the way to Kuwait to serve his customers. My customers gearbox is with SSP and Kris personally emailed me pics of the trans and gave me a great detailed explanation of the clutch damage etc wrongly installed by someone else. I will make a new thread once its done to show the great service SSP provided me and my customer.
    Click here to enlarge

EURO 04 M3 Current Mods:GC DAs, Eibach Sways, PF RTAB's, RE RCAs, INTRAVEE II, Black Roundels, ///MFEST Badges, Depo's, Screen protector for NAV display, VCSL Bumper + Race Lip & CF Trunk & CF Rear Diffusor, DIETZ TV in Motion, SS= V1 Headers + catless pipes + X-Pipe + SS Sport Exhaust, Z8 Starter Button, Lamin-X, OEM CSL interior, OEM CSL Steering, OEM CSL Intake, OEM CSL Roof, MSS54HP + OEM CSL Tune, BBS CH's, LIGHTWERKZ, 355mm ST40 BBK, BW Oil Cooler....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2107 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 0-60Motorsports Click here to enlarge
    Guys I can personally vouch for Kris who flew all the way to Kuwait to serve his customers. My customers gearbox is with SSP and Kris personally emailed me pics of the trans and gave me a great detailed explanation of the clutch damage etc wrongly installed by someone else. I will make a new thread once its done to show the great service SSP provided me and my customer.
    This is true, he is overseas right now.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SSPKris Click here to enlarge
    No one from SSP intentionally said that we built your car. A new salesman made a mistake about how to list this project. I asked him personally edit his post about this matter.

Yes, it takes time to make custom parts for any car. I have come thru with every promise that we have made. We personally picked up your car for this project. I came over a weekend to start test fitting different clutch setups with Further Performance. I had to personally cancel our second appointment due to family issues. Working with the guys at Further Performance was really great. They have first hand experience with these cars.

The CAD engineering and machining is still in the works. We test every part to the limit before we release it.

These products will be available shortly for you and the public.

If you want to know the status of this project, you should have just picked up the phone and asked. I always answer my phone.

SSP
    Well not to labor the point, and obviously I'd like to finish the job, but here's how I see it:

1. Further Performance notified Steve a while back and apparently so did you, yet the thread was not corrected.
    2. When you contacted Further you said you may not make and but didn't confirm so they prepared for your arrival.
    3. I was promised something in February, March and April. Yet it was May before you arrived. Little comms in between.
    4. While you were there for the first install you said the CNC parts would be to us on Wednesday, perhaps before we left for SoWo. No parts arrived and no call was made to follow up with us.
    5. As someone who provided my $95K build R32 and offered a DSG to assist with your R&D, I'd expect you to update ME. Your phone answers Kris, but does it DIAL? In my business, I call and update my customers.

Make good on your promise to come out and install the next set and we're good. After standing us up the day of the install and not giving final confirmation that you wouldn't arrive, we had to make a DSG filler tool and ask a local VW dealer to open the shop to get the correct trans fluid. Not to mention wasting a perfectly good set of stock clutches to get us by.

Kris, I feel that this is not gone well so far. Call me if you want to rectify it. My car is still waiting for your clutches.

Regards.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2107 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by zevion Click here to enlarge
    5. As someone who provided my $95K build R32 and offered a DSG to assist with your R&D, I'd expect you to update ME. Your phone answers Kris, but does it DIAL?
    For the record, Kris calls me all the time.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Still dont believe this car is running 6.5.1 compression

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 600whp S4 Click here to enlarge
    lol I'm with you bro, I'm sorta not caring about the other $#@!. Can someone please say something about this 6.5:1 compression? $#@! is a typo, please fix.
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

Other people eat shit and die.

I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DBFIU Click here to enlarge
    lol I'm with you bro, I'm sorta not caring about the other $#@!. Can someone please say something about this 6.5:1 compression? $#@! is a typo, please fix.
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 600whp S4 Click here to enlarge
    LOL all day long. It's true. Installed low compression Wossner pistons and also added the head spacer back in. A competing build by Wolf Cars in Florida didn't and their car is not running asfaik. For details you'll need to talk to Jeff Attwood of United Motorsports. Trust me, we have build pics, dyno data and everything to back it up. We're at 22lbs boost right now for the numbers stated in the OP and only clutches prevent us from going further. There's a little magic going on here. But I can promise, it is very drivable and compliant as a daily but screams like a raped rabbit at WOT. If you want any proof, just let me know what you need to see to be convinced.

Now if SSP can come through on clutches, it will run 30lbs boost for about 670 AWHP and 550 ft-lbs.

Here's some stuff for now:

http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/showpo...5&postcount=80

http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/showpo...&postcount=143

http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/showpo...&postcount=234

http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/showpo...&postcount=235

http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/showpo...&postcount=275

http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/showpo...&postcount=319

http://www.ricekiller.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90940

Cheers,
    Lyle
    Last edited by zevion; 06-07-2011 at 03:02 AM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    You got some videos bro? Your car is insane.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I put some feelers out for an abandoned airfield today Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2107 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dontfuckingcare Click here to enlarge
    I put some feelers out for an abandoned airfield today Click here to enlarge
    Care to elaborate?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by leo985i Click here to enlarge
    You got some videos bro? Your car is insane.
    Professional vids and pics coming within a few weeks. Mostly to market the car when I sell it. I'm on to the next project and I need to make room. The fun is in the build and it's nearly over. All motor next time. ITB's and what not.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Care to elaborate?
    This thing eats up road very quickly. I guess an airfield would allow a nice long run.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Also, perhaps the SSP thing is a total misunderstanding. I really want SSP to do the clutches for the DSG and my car is an excellent development platform for them to try their clutch packs on the street and dyno for real world testing because it puts down big numbers that will test the clutches to the limits. And I'm prepared to break transmissions to see where the weak link is. I have spares. I hope Kris and make it happen. The DSG is the future.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Care to elaborate?
    no.

also. itbs are going to be fantastic. I still remember the 2.5 being run off of a sort of alpha N ecu reminiscent to the old e30 m3 setup...which of course had ITB's. (I think? my bmw knowledge is rusty) I think it'd be fantastic. The stock iteration of the 2.5 is $#@!ing anemic. It'd be great to see what it can do.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2107 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Also, perhaps the SSP thing is a total misunderstanding.
    It seems like it. Honestly, you were way too critical. The thread itself was just a mistake made by an employee trying to advertise without really knowing the details of the build.

I really want SSP to do the clutches for the DSG and my car is an excellent development platform for them to try their clutch packs on the street and dyno for real world testing because it puts down big numbers that will test the clutches to the limits. And I'm prepared to break transmissions to see where the weak link is. I have spares. I hope Kris and make it happen. The DSG is the future.
    You might want to call Kris when he gets back and resolve this all, possible edit your post as well.

I admit, the way you made it sound was pretty bad and got me concerned but after speaking to Kris I better understand this now.

These projects take a long time to complete unfortunately and there aren't many companies willing to tackle custom dual clutch transmissions.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    It seems like it. Honestly, you were way too critical. The thread itself was just a mistake made by an employee trying to advertise without really knowing the details of the build.
    I'll be very happy to make nice and move forward. But this isn't also a one sided event. And certainly I will amend my comments if these issues are resolved. Keep in mind there is another player involved here (the engine builder) and aspects of the issues stated are per his feedback to me (the customer).

I am a perfectly reasonable guy and will gladly continue to provide my car as a dev/test platform and run the other R&D clutch packs through my DSG to help test these things out.

I'll call Kris this week to discuss. And if I've overstated the issues, I will gladly eat some humble pie, both in private to Kris and in public on this forum.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2107 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    And if I've overstated the issues, I will gladly eat some humble pie, both in private to Kris and in public on this forum.
    Glad to hear it.

Hopefully this can be resolved amicably but also remember there are few choices for upgraded clutch packs so SSP is essentially doing you a favor. It's hard to really have a set schedule for this type of thing.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Glad to hear it.

Hopefully this can be resolved amicably but also remember there are few choices for upgraded clutch packs so SSP is essentially doing you a favor. It's hard to really have a set schedule for this type of thing.
    Well I think we are doing something mutually beneficial. I need clutches and they need road testing in a capable car. Not many DSG VW's that can put 550 ft-lbs to those clutches.

Anyway, good to come check out the Bimmer side of the world. I think my first foray into these might be the wee 1M. It's small and sexy.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2107 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Well I think we are doing something mutually beneficial. I need clutches and they need road testing in a capable car. Not many DSG VW's that can put 550 ft-lbs to those clutches.

Anyway, good to come check out the Bimmer side of the world. I think my first foray into these might be the wee 1M. It's small and sexy.
    Actually, I'm expanding the website network out to cover VW as well with vwboost.com

Just wrapping up porscheboost.com first and then I will need to figure out how to setup the engine overlap for VW/Audi. You can check out Audiboost.com to see what I mean.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Actually, I'm expanding the website network out to cover VW as well with vwboost.com

Just wrapping up porscheboost.com first and then I will need to figure out how to setup the engine overlap for VW/Audi. You can check out Audiboost.com to see what I mean.
    Excellent, count me in once it's up and running!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2107 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Excellent, count me in once it's up and running!
    You got it, I'm just having trouble figuring out how to sort the motors and set it up logically.

BMW and Mercedes were easy. VW and Audi are a bit more complicated.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    MY Apologies BimmerBoost Community... as well as to Zevion. Definitely not the most pleasant thing to come back too after being absent for a couple of months. I took on a new position with a contracting company and ended up elsewhere for a bit, not being able to fulfill other duties.

Yes, i was misinformed on the build and who deserved credit in what areas. once again, my apologies. A few months ago it was my understanding that we were developing clutch packs for this vehicle that had extensive modification done to it already. it was a mix of a lack of communication as well as a little misunderstanding thrown in. count on this not happening again. aside from the credits, i do believe that all the specs on the car were accurate, at the time.

Hopefully this may help clear up what has been going on. I have plenty to catch up on.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Steve@SSP Click here to enlarge
    MY Apologies BimmerBoost Community... as well as to Zevion. Definitely not the most pleasant thing to come back too after being absent for a couple of months. I took on a new position with a contracting company and ended up elsewhere for a bit, not being able to fulfill other duties.

Yes, i was misinformed on the build and who deserved credit in what areas. once again, my apologies. A few months ago it was my understanding that we were developing clutch packs for this vehicle that had extensive modification done to it already. it was a mix of a lack of communication as well as a little misunderstanding thrown in. count on this not happening again. aside from the credits, i do believe that all the specs on the car were accurate, at the time.

Hopefully this may help clear up what has been going on. I have plenty to catch up on.
    I accept with no ill feeling. I still need to contact Kris, but short story is I would be happy to continue using my R32 as a platform for road testing the next R&D clutch packs as initially agreed on. I want nothing more than to fix this. I also apologize if I went from zero to nuclear. Let's get back to cars and clutches and it's all good. By all counts it seems that this experience is isolated and not representative of SSP's dealings. Also Kris should keep in mind that there is another guy in between he and I and that may have contributed to the overall misunderstanding.

If Kris can call me at his convenience, we can normalize the situation and move forward.

And yes, the specs are exactly right, including the low compression pistons WITH the head spacer. It's magic!! oh, and it works.

Best Regards.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Your right Zevion, lets get back to clutches and gearboxes. I will be posting a review in about a months time or less about SSP and what they have done for us. Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

EURO 04 M3 Current Mods:GC DAs, Eibach Sways, PF RTAB's, RE RCAs, INTRAVEE II, Black Roundels, ///MFEST Badges, Depo's, Screen protector for NAV display, VCSL Bumper + Race Lip & CF Trunk & CF Rear Diffusor, DIETZ TV in Motion, SS= V1 Headers + catless pipes + X-Pipe + SS Sport Exhaust, Z8 Starter Button, Lamin-X, OEM CSL interior, OEM CSL Steering, OEM CSL Intake, OEM CSL Roof, MSS54HP + OEM CSL Tune, BBS CH's, LIGHTWERKZ, 355mm ST40 BBK, BW Oil Cooler....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2107 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Steve@SSP Click here to enlarge

Thanks for responding Steve, no harm, no foul, things were clarified.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2107 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    If Kris can call me at his convenience, we can normalize the situation and move forward.
    I think it might be best for you to cal him and reach your hand out since you did hammer him a bit.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast