Close

Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 591
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,474
    Rep Points
    32,153.6
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No

    Misfires continue to be an issue for the Vishnu Procede even after the V5 update

    This video was sent to us anonymously. The reason for that is Shiv@Vishnu had seen the video and told the owner not to post it and the owner did not for fear of being punished, lack of support, etc. We happened to get this video which shows a V5 automatic misfiring even after the voluntary harness update and several times of cleared adaptations.

    Notice the boost on the fuel gauge which drops to around or below the stock boost level yet the car still misfires. Misfires were also reported at the recent Atco rental by V5 users and other Procede users on BimmerBoost have mentioned issues with misfires as well. This issue is being brought to your attention as tremendous effort has been expended to keep it quiet on other sites. Come to your own conclusion and we hope Vishnu can resolve it.


    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Encino,CA
    Posts
    8,039
    Rep Points
    5,733.6
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    58


    Yes Reputation No
    sorry, but what does that mean? misfire?
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

    It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Boulder, Colorado
    Posts
    69
    Rep Points
    121.1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    Yes Reputation No
    LOL - welcome to Vishnuleaks!!!

    I hope he can solve it too - I know there is a lot of competition between Vishnu and BMS, but it's all good; both are in the market to help us all get the most out of our motors.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Simi Valley, CA
    Posts
    8,129
    Rep Points
    9,106.3
    Mentioned
    644 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    92


    Yes Reputation No
    LOL @ Vishnuleaks.

    I ran a procede on our 135i for day several months ago just to see how it compared to our then upcoming JB3 2.0 and got a misfire every 2->3 shift. Misfire codes are very annoying as the car will stutter and stumble on 5 cylinders until you restart the car. Whatever is casing those misfires can't be good for the motor. Anyway whomever made that video should try a JB4 out! Click here to enlarge

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Boca Raton FL
    Posts
    1,988
    Rep Points
    48.0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    LOL @ Vishnuleaks.

    I ran a procede on our 135i several months just to see how it compared to our then upcoming JB3 2.0 and got a misfire every 2->3 shift. Misfire codes are very annoying as the car will stutter and stumble on 5 cylinders until you restart the car. Whatever is casing those misfires can't be good for the motor. Anyway whomever made that video should try a JB4 out! Click here to enlarge

    When is the JB4 going to be available?
    Click here to enlarge

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Simi Valley, CA
    Posts
    8,129
    Rep Points
    9,106.3
    Mentioned
    644 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    92


    Yes Reputation No
    There are around 100 out in testing now, and we're opening up another group of 50 today. Was hoping to go public beta by XMAS but we're working on ramping up production right now.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,276
    Rep Points
    1,583.2
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    16


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    There are around 100 out in testing now, and we're opening up another group of 50 today. Was hoping to go public beta by XMAS but we're working on ramping up production right now.
    yea...the V5 im using does do the same thing, but hasnt recently....dunno if it because of the cold or what but ill be trying out the PRO as soon as Terry is finished Click here to enlarge

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,474
    Rep Points
    32,153.6
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by RLSinCO Click here to enlarge
    I hope he can solve it too - I know there is a lot of competition between Vishnu and BMS, but it's all good; both are in the market to help us all get the most out of our motors.
    Agree 100%.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,474
    Rep Points
    32,153.6
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    There are around 100 out in testing now, and we're opening up another group of 50 today. Was hoping to go public beta by XMAS but we're working on ramping up production right now.
    Don't forget you can win one here: JB4 holiday giveaway

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,474
    Rep Points
    32,153.6
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ultimateendz Click here to enlarge
    yea...the V5 im using does do the same thing, but hasnt recently....dunno if it because of the cold or what but ill be trying out the PRO as soon as Terry is finished Click here to enlarge
    How bad is it?

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,276
    Rep Points
    1,583.2
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    16


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    How bad is it?
    it was REALLY bad at one point when it was a little warmer out...it would misfire EVERY 3-4 or 4-5 shift under WOT

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Central Texas
    Posts
    24
    Rep Points
    33.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    I put a V5 in my car this past weekend. The autotune boost is at 15 psi and I haven't seen any problems with it. So far I've had the car change itself at redline up to 140 mph. All that to say, it doesn't always happen with automatics.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,474
    Rep Points
    32,153.6
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Centex Hokie Click here to enlarge
    I put a V5 in my car this past weekend. The autotune boost is at 15 psi and I haven't seen any problems with it. So far I've had the car change itself at redline up to 140 mph. All that to say, it doesn't always happen with automatics.
    It's weird, it seems to be so inconsistent. Some guys have it really bad and other like yourself don't.

    Have you experienced any misfires at all or just very few, far and in between?

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Central Texas
    Posts
    24
    Rep Points
    33.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    It's weird, it seems to be so inconsistent. Some guys have it really bad and other like yourself don't.

    Have you experienced any misfires at all or just very few, far and in between?
    None whatsoever and it was very hot (80+) here yesterday when I made a couple of runs. As I said, it hasn't been in the car very long, but to date no issues at all.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,462
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    i think most people dont get it until 16psi and higher, which isnt a problem for the low boost guys.. but hey.. if they dont want to run higher boost, why get a toon in the first place? FWIW, ive heard this has been around since atleast V4 maybe even v3. Sucks for guys that bought the most advanced tune with all the latest and greatest features, and cant use it becasue they were too busy workin on features instead of the tuning itself...

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,474
    Rep Points
    32,153.6
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Centex Hokie Click here to enlarge
    None whatsoever and it was very hot (80+) here yesterday when I made a couple of runs. As I said, it hasn't been in the car very long, but to date no issues at all.
    Interesting, perhaps it is higher boost as Lost Marine suggested?

    ultimateendz, how much boost were you running?

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,474
    Rep Points
    32,153.6
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    i think most people dont get it until 16psi and higher, which isnt a problem for the low boost guys.. but hey.. if they dont want to run higher boost, why get a toon in the first place? FWIW, ive heard this has been around since atleast V4 maybe even v3. Sucks for guys that bought the most advanced tune with all the latest and greatest features, and cant use it becasue they were too busy workin on features instead of the tuning itself...
    If it has been around since the V3 wouldn't that be a major problem for guys who want to run higher boost and set some impressive numbers?

    I don't know when this originated but would that explain why BMS has so many more of the faster drag strip times or is that just a coincidence?

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  18. #18
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    30
    Rep Points
    29.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    i think most people dont get it until 16psi and higher, which isnt a problem for the low boost guys.. but hey.. if they dont want to run higher boost, why get a toon in the first place? FWIW, ive heard this has been around since atleast V4 maybe even v3. Sucks for guys that bought the most advanced tune with all the latest and greatest features, and cant use it becasue they were too busy workin on features instead of the tuning itself...
    Yup so PRocede AT's misfire at higher boost, JB3's blow at higher boost...sucks for the guys working on the JB tune and NOT the 'features' aka CPS offsetting

    Right?

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,276
    Rep Points
    1,583.2
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    16


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Interesting, perhaps it is higher boost as Lost Marine suggested?

    ultimateendz, how much boost were you running?
    16-18psi...even got the misfires running vp109

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    3,089
    Rep Points
    999.1
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    FYI, that video is of my car misfiring.

    Since Sticky is deciding that I should burn bridges for his own personal gain, I'll set the record straight. The video was sent to two people other than Shiv, LostMarine, and Terry@BMS. Never has Shiv ever instructed me to not post about this, as I was very loud and adamant about the misfire on e90post.

    Based off Sticky's PM response as I have outlined here, I have deduced that burning the bridges of users on this board comes second to hits to this National Inquirer-like thread created by none other than Sticky.

    Here is the pertinent PM request and reply that I had to piecemeal together due to Sticky not replying with the original message intact.

    I wouldn't be one bit surprised if this reply gets deleted.

    Click here to enlarge Regular User Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge
    Join DateJan 2010LocationUSAPosts16,179 Rep Power2
    Re: Procede V5 misfire video

    Well, it is not your fault I got the video and it is my responsibility to provide the information to everyone. The video is not going to come down.

    I do not wish to cause you any problems but I can't hide these things, I'm not bimmerpost. Sorry, video stays up, and if you have any issues just blame them on me.




    themyst


    Click here to enlarge Lemming Hunter Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge


    Join DateApr 2010LocationNoo YawkPosts132 Rep Power0

    Re: Procede V5 misfire video

    FYI I just read the thread, and Shiv never told me NOT to post it. Please don't start complete bs threads with misinformation like this.

    As I stated, this is purely to not burn any bridges and by you using videos I sent to people for private viewing for traffic to your site is not cool.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,462
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    well, it seems to be just the automatic guys, so i dont know.

    but i think a lot of it is how they (vishnu) is trying to defeat it. by just having boost taper/throttle closure, and suggesting shifting so early (like before 6k, as shown by Shivs CUSTOM DYNO TUNED AWDMotorsports FAIL http://www.bimmerboost.com/showthrea...pgraded-Turbos) which in turn yes yields lower track times. I mean you can look at the top guys, but if you take tuners themsleves, and on-site tuned by tuner cars out of it, then yes, you would see a large gap in the times

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by supracg Click here to enlarge
    Yup so PRocede AT's misfire at higher boost, JB3's blow at higher boost...sucks for the guys working on the JB tune and NOT the 'features' aka CPS offsetting

    Right?
    oh here we go Click here to enlarge how do JB's suck at higher boost? because they hit the targeted boost without a misfire?

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,474
    Rep Points
    32,153.6
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    FYI, that video is of my car misfiring.

    Since Sticky is deciding that I should burn bridges for his own personal gain, I'll set the record straight. The video was sent to two people other than Shiv, LostMarine, and Terry@BMS. Never has Shiv ever instructed me to not post about this, as I was very loud and adamant about the misfire on e90post.

    Based off Sticky's PM response as I have outlined here, I have deduced that burning the bridges of users on this board comes second to hits to this National Inquirer-like thread created by none other than Sticky.

    Here is the pertinent PM request and reply that I had to piecemeal together due to Sticky not replying with the original message intact.

    I wouldn't be one bit surprised if this reply gets deleted.
    Your reply is not going to get deleted.

    Secondly, I didn't know the video was of your car. No one would have known if you did not just state it. So what bridges would be burned? I don't understand.

    Why are you so scared anyway? What did Shiv threaten you with to have you so worried? Why would you showing an issue with a product be burning a bridge? Shouldn't it mean you get the issue resolved?

    We never deleted anything regarding Enrita and his issues and we won't start by deleting this. Why would we delete this and become what we hate? Why would we sweep this under the rug? I understand it isn't pleasant but hiding it from people will not get anything resolved. As I stated, it is my responsibility to provide all the info not just hand picked selection of what is best for vendors.

    I have no desire to hurt you so go ahead and blame this all on me if you like. I did not know this was your video or your car. If Shiv punishes you for issues with his tune I think that is despicable and I certainly don't think he would do that, or at least I hope not but you seem really scared of him at the moment.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    3,089
    Rep Points
    999.1
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    0 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Your reply is not going to get deleted.

    Secondly, I didn't know the video was of your car. No one would have known if you did not just state it. So what bridges would be burned? I don't understand.

    Why are you so scared anyway? What did Shiv threaten you with to have you so worried? Why would you showing an issue with a product be burning a bridge? Shouldn't it mean you get the issue resolved?

    We never deleted anything regarding Enrita and his issues and we won't start by deleting this. Why would we delete this and become what we hate? Why would we sweep this under the rug? I understand it isn't pleasant but hiding it from people will not get anything resolved. As I stated, it is my responsibility to provide all the info not just hand picked selection of what is best for vendors.

    I have no desire to hurt you so go ahead and blame this all on me if you like. I did not know this was your video or your car. If Shiv punishes you for issues with his tune I think that is despicable and I certainly don't think he would do that, or at least I hope not but you seem really scared of him at the moment.
    So now you're a psychologist of sorts? What part of "I don't want to burn any bridges" do you not understand? You STILL didn't fix the original thread where clear misinformation was posted. It's clearly evident that your primary motive is to hurt an active user on this board after I privately requested you take the video down because it was intended for private viewing. Normally a REPUTABLE moderator would accommodate requests such as this.

    I seriously hope others who encounter this thread and my replies stay away from here. Your personal videos may get compromised as well.

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,474
    Rep Points
    32,153.6
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    So now you're a psychologist of sorts? What part of "I don't want to burn any bridges" do you not understand?
    Then don't burn them? How are you burning them exactly? I don't understand how you are doing that.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    You STILL didn't fix the original thread where clear misinformation was posted.
    I'm sorry, what misinformation? That somebody didn't want this posted? Wouldn't your effort right now asking me to delete this confirm that? I am going by what I received in the e-mail and I think the informant was right on as your actions right now substantiate.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    ormally a REPUTABLE moderator would accommodate requests such as this.
    A biased moderator would remove posts that would protect a vendor. A reputable moderator would do what is necessary to make sure information bad or good is not deleted for the benefit of his users. We aren't bimmerpost, your request would no doubt be granted there. Actually, the thread would have been deleted before you even had to ask.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    I seriously hope others who encounter this thread and my replies stay away from here.
    Why are you so damn scared? What were you threatened with? No one would have even known this was your car or that you had anything to do with it. I did not know until you pm'd me demanding I delete this thread. Good customer service should help you resolve this. No need to be negative, others seem to discuss the misfire issue without this tone.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    3,089
    Rep Points
    999.1
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    Yes Reputation No
    LOL thanks for the negative rep Sticky. Real mature of you!

Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •