Close

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    644 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

2015 M3 1/4 mile traps

Hey guys,

Was able to swing by a private track for a handful of VBOX passes. I did two passes stock and one pass with alpha tuning in place -- just to see where we are at. All runs were done on E20 fuel, temps in the mid 60s. Boost on the OEM runs hit around 17psi, and around 23psi on the tuned runs. Note I didn't launch hard for any of the runs as the car only has 250 miles so the ETs are garbage. Traps are telling though. The files are posted via the vboxtools.com site which averages the last 60' of the run like a real track would.

Net result was ~118mph stock and ~124mph tuned. The funny thing is the tuned run would have been faster had it not been for DTC kicking in after each shift. With some more massaging I think 127mph 100% stock with E85 will be possible. Click here to enlarge
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    DA?
    -Modified safety triangle in trunk
    -Carbon fiber key overlay
    PLANNED MODS
    -Wheel spacers

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    118 stock? damn Click here to enlarge
    '08 535xi - fbo

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    644 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The elevation is on the vboxtools print out. It's also on a -.7% slope while Famoso would be 0%. So maybe subtract 1/2mph from each run for that. Net/net though the VBOX and this program have been very accurate for me in the past. When I compare the vboxtools charts to Famoso timeslips they are always spot on within 1/2mph.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Awesome !! Great trap speed this car will be a beast FBO on E85. Where did you shift? notice power falling up top?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

1 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    The elevation is on the vboxtools print out. It's also on a -.7% slope while Famoso would be 0%. So maybe subtract 1/2mph from each run for that. Net/net though the VBOX and this program have been very accurate for me in the past. When I compare the vboxtools charts to Famoso timeslips they are always spot on within 1/2mph.

Got it, thanks.

How's this things fueling situation? What's going to be needed to run E75? Where's the boost ceiling looking like it's going to be at? Timing? And how can a couple hundred pounds be shed? Exhaust, trunk, hood, wheels (no idea oem weight) maybe good for 150?

Apologize about all the Q's but not many experienced guys have their hands on this thing to ask. Thanks TB
    Last edited by R.G.; 06-20-2014 at 01:58 AM. Reason: Irish whiskey
    -Modified safety triangle in trunk
    -Carbon fiber key overlay
    PLANNED MODS
    -Wheel spacers

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rawad1017 Click here to enlarge
    118 stock? damn Click here to enlarge
    Still think an E60 M5 is faster than a M3/M4?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by B00stGeek Click here to enlarge
    still have yet to see top speed delimited
    '08 535xi - fbo

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Great results, especially for only having the car a few days.
    What's the 60-130? Looks like just under 9 seconds.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rawad1017 Click here to enlarge
    still have yet to see top speed delimited
    lol @ delimited. Have you ever roll raced? I don't know what you're used to but unless we are talking track events, typical roll races don't go to top speed.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    ummm so we're clear, you do realize that more power doesn't always equal faster car right? cause there is no doubt the m4 is much more efficient it's got slightly more power than the m5 on a lighter chassis, better trans, etc. no $#@! the m4 will have the higher trap, doesn't mean the car is faster though. is a koenigsegg agera r faster than a Bugatti veyron SS?
    '08 535xi - fbo

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    lol @ delimited. Have you ever roll raced? I don't know what you're used to but unless we are talking track events, typical roll races don't go to top speed.
    oh my god this guy
    '08 535xi - fbo

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Wow, this car is fast with just a tune. 6mph is huge, with bolt ons and e85 I definitely see where you get 127 from. That is very fast, kinda like your m5 with the meth.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

wow, for approx $500-$600 for a JB4, you can get an M3/M4 into the lower end of the hyper-car territory. Thats friggin amazing. I see close to or above 130mph traps with exhaust, maybe filters, maybe meth (if needed), maybe lightweight wheels like Apex ARC-8's or something.
    Loe P.
    B8.5 Audi S5 3.0"T" - GIAC stage II ECU / GIAC DSG TCU / AWE-tuning Pulley / AFe filter / 034 TBB / mod airbox / X-pipe
    - 09' E90 M3 7-DCT Interlagos Blue / Novillo Silver - gone Click here to enlarge
    [K&N filter|MS pullies|test pipes|Evolve Stg II tune/Servotronic/GTS-DCT Tune|Euro MDM]

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Very nice Terry! This platform is looking very very promisingClick here to enlarge Thank god...i was getting tired of all that C7 corvette nut swingingClick here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Oh my! Dat dct is doing work doe.
    2008 e92 335i: JB4 G5 ISO/BMS back end flash, fbo, e85, inlets, Rb turbos, level 10 valve body + converter, water/methanol.....and a lot more....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    124mph traps with very little tuning is no joke! With turbo upgrades this motor will be a monster!
    Click here to enlarge
    FBO's. Spec S2+. E85.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Spot on with what I figured it would do. This is just the very beginning, its good but its not THAT good when you consider what n54s do with RBs... i trapped 126.8 with canned tune, terry pushed 130. The motor itself prob isn't as special as some may think but regardless its still excellent performance.
    09 6AT 335i Coupe M-Sport - SOLD
    Current - 16 Jeep Wrangler - Few Mods
    Looking for a n54 project e90/e82

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ChuckD05 Click here to enlarge
    Spot on with what I figured it would do. This is just the very beginning, its good but its not THAT good when you consider what n54s do with RBs... i trapped 126.8 with canned tune, terry pushed 130. The motor itself prob isn't as special as some may think but regardless its still excellent performance.
    Will the stock fuel system handle E85 without extra HPFP etc... will one just need injectors and tune for E85.

I am guessing with race gas and JB4 tune this stock car will trap at 991 Turbo S levels or higher.... I think that is remarkable for a 4 door car at 1/3 the price of said 991TTS

The BMW DCT is a killer tranny... IMHO the best dual clutch system of the stock cars I have driven
    2005 Porsche 996 TTS RWD - Eurodyne 60-130 in 6.50s
    2015 Audi A3 2.0 TFSI - Eurodyne 0 - 100 in 10.67s
    2015 McLaren 650S (RHD) - UK - 1/3rd owner yet to drive

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bobS Click here to enlarge
    Very nice Terry! This platform is looking very very promisingClick here to enlarge Thank god...i was getting tired of all that C7 corvette nut swingingClick here to enlarge

I wanted to buy a C7 before I bought the used old Porker.... there were 3 or 4 unsettling things to me about all the Vettes I drove

1. Getting power down consistently
    2. Some plastic look finishes I hated
    3. Modding requires add on blowers
    4. RESALE is for sheet

This car in stock form is trapping at 500+ bhp levels
    2005 Porsche 996 TTS RWD - Eurodyne 60-130 in 6.50s
    2015 Audi A3 2.0 TFSI - Eurodyne 0 - 100 in 10.67s
    2015 McLaren 650S (RHD) - UK - 1/3rd owner yet to drive

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Group.america Click here to enlarge

The BMW DCT is a killer tranny... IMHO the best dual clutch system of the stock cars I have driven
    You nailed it... The dct is amazing. Its so brutal in how quick it shifts, I laugh every time i go WOT and the car just tears through the gears faster than you can blink.
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)

4 out of 4 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Sticky spot on again
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Group.america Click here to enlarge
    Will the stock fuel system handle E85 without extra HPFP etc... will one just need injectors and tune for E85.

I am guessing with race gas and JB4 tune this stock car will trap at 991 Turbo S levels or higher.... I think that is remarkable for a 4 door car at 1/3 the price of said 991TTS

I think you guys are forgetting, this car comes stock with dual HPFP's, and they are the easy to upgrade cam driven piston style. The HPFP issues of the N54 and N55 are gone moving forward.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ChuckD05 Click here to enlarge
    The motor is extremely special, time will show this as it has with the N54.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    Sticky spot on again
    Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast