Close

Results 1 to 23 of 23
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,424
    Rep Points
    32,105.2
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No

    Cadillac targeting the BMW F10 M5 - Third Generation 2016 Cadillac CTS-V spotted testing with the BMW M5, 600+ horsepower coming?

    It certainly looks like Cadillac has chosen their benchmark luxury sports sedan to beat and that would be the BMW F10 M5. The CTS-V is seen here testing with its main rival and the reason Cadillac likely chose the M5 is the CTS-V like the BMW will be rear wheel drive. Additionally, the M5 won the latest comparison of all the major luxury super sedans so the M5 is a logical target considering it basically invented the segment.

    What we know about the upcoming Cadillac CTS-V is that it will have a supercharged (likely utilizing the Eaton R1740 TVS blower) 6.2 liter direct injected V8 powerplant. This will be based on the engine in the upcoming C7 Z06 called the LT4. The main question mark is whether the engine for the CTS-V will again be detuned with the CTS-V getting the LSA V8 instead of the C6 ZR-1's LS9 the last time around.

    With how fast all of the twin turbo V8 sedans out of Germany are Cadillac needs to bring the heat. The car will likely share the upcoming GM 8L90 8-speed automatic going into the Z06 which GM claims shifts faster than the Porsche PDK transmission. That is a very bold claim and yet to be substantiated but if the gearbox does beat the Porsche PDK gearbox in shift speed and it also matches the stated of goal of 738 pound-feet of torque capacity then a tune and pulley CTS-V will likely eat up a tune only M5, E63, Panamera, RS7, etc.

    Considering the current CTS-V makes 556 horsepower a 50 horse boost at minimum seems within reason. 600 horsepower and roughly 600 pound-feet of torque with the power being routed to the rear wheels and shift speeds that do not give up much to a dual clutch transmission should make the last entry into the next generation luxury mid-size performance sedan battle the strongest. It is not like Cadillac is testing with an F10 M5 to make the CTS-V slower than it.

    Enjoy the photos below. It sure looks mean as hell:

    Click here to enlarge

    Click here to enlarge

    Click here to enlarge

    Click here to enlarge

    Click here to enlarge

    Click here to enlarge

    Click here to enlarge

    Click here to enlarge

    Click here to enlarge

    Click here to enlarge

    Click here to enlarge

    Click here to enlarge

    Click here to enlarge

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    507
    Rep Points
    257.5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    Yes Reputation No
    Oh here we go again. We made a car a few years after bmw and we win by BLAH BLAH BLAH! At least this time it'll be a F/I SC VS F/I Turbo.

    I wish them the best of luck though. Would be nice to see the price for a CTS-V though.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,424
    Rep Points
    32,105.2
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322



    Yes Reputation No
    The CTS-V will likely be 75-80k. So it's definitely a better value than the others.

    Whatever, so what if it's coming later? It isn't Cadillac's fault how their generations go. If you are going to enter the battle later you might as well be the one who comes up on top.

    I'm pulling for this car, why not? It's going to be sick.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,697
    Rep Points
    1,990.5
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    20


    Yes Reputation No
    Quad tail pipes look really good. Those tires look wide too, the wheels have some concave.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,424
    Rep Points
    32,105.2
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BlackJetE90OC Click here to enlarge
    Quad tail pipes look really good. Those tires look wide too, the wheels have some concave.
    Grille also looks means as hell.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    michigan
    Posts
    1,082
    Rep Points
    916.9
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Whatever, so what if it's coming later? It isn't Cadillac's fault how their generations go. If you are going to enter the battle later you might as well be the one who comes up on top.
    i think like a year after this is release BMW is gonna release a new generation M5/6 - which will $#@! on this V most definitely. there's really no point for cadillac doing this
    '08 535xi - fbo

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,424
    Rep Points
    32,105.2
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rawad1017 Click here to enlarge
    i think like a year after this is release BMW is gonna release a new generation M5/6 - which will $#@! on this V most definitely. there's really no point for cadillac doing this
    That's not going to happen. The F10 M5 is here for longer than that and additionally this is going to exceed the Competition Package.

    How is there no point? Of course there is a point to a next generation CTS-V. This car has the potential to be the best of the bunch.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    michigan
    Posts
    1,082
    Rep Points
    916.9
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    That's not going to happen. The F10 M5 is here for longer than that and additionally this is going to exceed the Competition Package.
    why would they wait until 2018+? the e60 m5 only lasted 4 years
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    How is there no point? Of course there is a point to a next generation CTS-V. This car has the potential to be the best of the bunch.
    i meant there is no point in trying to use an f10 as test mule to make the V better, given my prediction of a possibility of a new m5
    '08 535xi - fbo

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,424
    Rep Points
    32,105.2
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rawad1017 Click here to enlarge
    why would they wait until 2018+? the e60 m5 only lasted 4 years
    You would need the next generation 5-Series and then the M5 would come a year later at best. So....

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rawad1017 Click here to enlarge
    i meant there is no point in trying to use an f10 as test mule to make the V better, given my prediction of a possibility of a new m5
    The M5 is arguably the benchmark. What are they supposed to use? A car that doesn't exist?

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    507
    Rep Points
    257.5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    The CTS-V will likely be 75-80k. So it's definitely a better value than the others.

    Whatever, so what if it's coming later? It isn't Cadillac's fault how their generations go. If you are going to enter the battle later you might as well be the one who comes up on top.

    I'm pulling for this car, why not? It's going to be sick.

    I like the CTS-Vs they are great tuner cars. But I'd want the wagon and those things aren't cheap.

    If GM can make a low 11s sedan/wagon that would be killer. I just didn't like the whole "we beat up an m5" from back in the day. The E60 m5 v10 is iconic!

    Plus the aftermarket capabilities will make this beast a serious contender. I wouldn't put it past 700whp with just a tune! ESP considering how the LT1 is doing so well to bolt'ons with a cam and F/I making it very powerful without touching internals.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    314
    Rep Points
    0.4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    If horsepower was my only interest, this would be a great choice.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,276
    Rep Points
    1,583.2
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    16


    Yes Reputation No
    That V is likely to have the ZL1 and Z28s newly refined magnetic ride that makes them so damn quick around the track and the new z06s LT4 powerplant....yea...its gonna be fast for sure.
    "We need to upgrade your skill before we upgrade your horsepower"

    -Tommy to Josh

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    michigan
    Posts
    1,082
    Rep Points
    916.9
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    You would need the next generation 5-Series and then the M5 would come a year later at best. So....
    it's odd that they haven't really started working on a 2016 new gen 5 series yet :/

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    The M5 is arguably the benchmark. What are they supposed to use? A car that doesn't exist?
    i think they should've waited until BMW at least announced something for the new m5.. i dunno maybe the f10 is a good benchmark but since they're doing that this better absolutely $#@! on the m5
    '08 535xi - fbo

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,424
    Rep Points
    32,105.2
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by onisyndicate Click here to enlarge
    I like the CTS-Vs they are great tuner cars. But I'd want the wagon and those things aren't cheap.

    If GM can make a low 11s sedan/wagon that would be killer. I just didn't like the whole "we beat up an m5" from back in the day. The E60 m5 v10 is iconic!

    Plus the aftermarket capabilities will make this beast a serious contender. I wouldn't put it past 700whp with just a tune! ESP considering how the LT1 is doing so well to bolt'ons with a cam and F/I making it very powerful without touching internals.
    The CTS-V needed a larger motor, a blower, and came to market AFTER the E60 M5. I didn't see anything special there although a great sedan. Better than the E60? Not IMO.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,424
    Rep Points
    32,105.2
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rawad1017 Click here to enlarge
    it's odd that they haven't really started working on a 2016 new gen 5 series yet :/

    i think they should've waited until BMW at least announced something for the new m5.. i dunno maybe the f10 is a good benchmark but since they're doing that this better absolutely $#@! on the m5
    We still have a few more years easy before a new M5 so the F10 and this CTS-V will do battle for a whiel.

    The previous gen CTS-V competed with the E60 M5 so this one going against the F10 makes perfect sense to me.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    NJ...For now
    Posts
    536
    Rep Points
    1,566.8
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    16


    Yes Reputation No
    Still one of the ugliest sports cars ever made IMO. Will be crazy fast but the styling leaves a lot to be desired.
    SYVECS Standalone l Motiv Port Injection with Fuel It Stage 3 LPFP l MFactory LSD l CFS Racing Radiator l m3 front and rear control arms l ST Coilover System Vargas Stage 2+ Fully Upgraded Turbos l Vargas Inlet System l VRSF DP | VRSF FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | BMS Trunk Meth l Nitrous Express Dry l Evolution Raceworks Charge Pipe with n20/meth bungs l Vargas HPFP Upgrade v1 l Agency Power Exhaust with n55 mid pipes l Apex AERO-7 Lightweight Wheels l Toyo R888s



  17. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,424
    Rep Points
    32,105.2
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Njz Click here to enlarge
    Still one of the ugliest cars ever made IMO. Will be crazy fast but the styling leaves a lot to be desired.
    I think the styling is majorly improved...

    Click here to enlarge

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    NJ...For now
    Posts
    536
    Rep Points
    1,566.8
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    16


    Yes Reputation No
    Different strokes, I agree it is improved but not for me. Will be a monster once the tuning market gets a hold of it though.
    SYVECS Standalone l Motiv Port Injection with Fuel It Stage 3 LPFP l MFactory LSD l CFS Racing Radiator l m3 front and rear control arms l ST Coilover System Vargas Stage 2+ Fully Upgraded Turbos l Vargas Inlet System l VRSF DP | VRSF FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | BMS Trunk Meth l Nitrous Express Dry l Evolution Raceworks Charge Pipe with n20/meth bungs l Vargas HPFP Upgrade v1 l Agency Power Exhaust with n55 mid pipes l Apex AERO-7 Lightweight Wheels l Toyo R888s



  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,424
    Rep Points
    32,105.2
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322



    Yes Reputation No
    Sure everyone has their own opinion but from the spyphotos I like what I see. I'd keep the grille blacked out like that too it looks mean.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,697
    Rep Points
    1,990.5
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    20


    Yes Reputation No
    You can't win in the eyes of some brand loyalists.

    The cars are on different life cycles. How hard is this to understand?

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,697
    Rep Points
    1,990.5
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    20


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SexiPYm3 Click here to enlarge
    If horsepower was my only interest, this would be a great choice.
    Considering the new CTS has been deemed by many to have better steering and handling over the F10 and others in the segment.

    They have a good platform to create an all-around performer. Not just hp.

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,424
    Rep Points
    32,105.2
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BlackJetE90OC Click here to enlarge
    Considering the new CTS has been deemed by many to have better steering and handling over the F10 and others in the segment.

    They have a good platform to create an all-around performer. Not just hp.
    They're building better driver's cars than BMW is now...

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,424
    Rep Points
    32,105.2
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BlackJetE90OC Click here to enlarge
    You can't win in the eyes of some brand loyalists.

    The cars are on different life cycles. How hard is this to understand?
    Exactly. Everything does not align all neatly and perfectly.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •