Close

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rdeterman Click here to enlarge
    You think they are just focusing on 1/4 mile records with Omega? Im guessing they had to set it up one way or the other. Either way should be a good time, I wish I was going!
    I think Omega best displays gains by exclusively 1/4 mile testing, where the ETs and Trap Speeds are cut & clear, and the stress placed on the parts is VERY high. It's also very hard to do uninterrupted 60-130 testing where you have a consistent starting point, slop, etc.

And for anyone that does care about aftermarket cars, Tx2k has basically become the Super Bowl & FL2k slowly picking up similar attention.
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    2500? WTF, come on now.
    Yup. I'm still in disbelief. I can't believe "street" cars are at this level.
    Honda CBR 1000RR, Superbike Supply, Arrow, HRC, BMC, Lee's Cycle, Galfer, EBC, Revzilla, AXO, Dainese, Scorpion Helmets

Honda Grom, most fun you'll ever have on 2 wheels.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rdeterman Click here to enlarge
    Last I heard Omega will be testing new hardward above and beyond Alpha 20kits. Basically the Omega was an Alpha 20 car from what I understand.
    Direct quote from Eric@AMS:

"We have been keeping this quiet but since TX2K is right around the corner we wanted to unveil a little project we’ve been working on. As stated in previous posts our ALPHA OMEGA development GT-R is going to be even more powerful this year. Part of that journey will be a new turbo system dubbed the ALPHA 20 with a goal of 2000whp. If successful we hope this system will not only propel Omega to quicker and faster times but possibly forge the way for yet another package....."
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    It's like the Terminator. It never stops.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    AS long as there's a business opportunity & people are spending big money to have the fastest GTR, AMS + Switzer will keep going & going. Can't imagine the development "leap" that'll come out once AMS releases the billet block.

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by StinkyM Click here to enlarge
    Yup. I'm still in disbelief. I can't believe "street" cars are at this level.
    It's a lot of power for the street that's for sure. Do any of these shops have problems with the police? TX2K seems to be a huge event and the street footage I have seen could get people in jail real easy. I know up here in Canada, street racing is a major crime. Funny some of these shops advertise what they will be running and don't seem to bother with laws.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    You better believe the police will be out in force waiting to catch anyone playing on the streets. I would just save it for the track especially with the cops knowing the hardware in the area. No point letting them make an example out of you.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by oldgixxer Click here to enlarge
    Direct quote from Eric@AMS:

"We have been keeping this quiet but since TX2K is right around the corner we wanted to unveil a little project we’ve been working on. As stated in previous posts our ALPHA OMEGA development GT-R is going to be even more powerful this year. Part of that journey will be a new turbo system dubbed the ALPHA 20 with a goal of 2000whp. If successful we hope this system will not only propel Omega to quicker and faster times but possibly forge the way for yet another package....."
    Ok so maybe Omega was a Alpha 16 car all along and now that Alpha 16 is released its moved on to the Alpha 20 package. That makes sense.
    Click here to enlarge
    FBO's. Spec S2+. E85.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    You better believe the police will be out in force waiting to catch anyone playing on the streets. I would just save it for the track especially with the cops knowing the hardware in the area. No point letting them make an example out of you.
    There will be sh*t ton more police out this year as they've had 12 months to prepare for the madness. The only issue they will have is the sheer number of cars out they simply just can't control that many people. Honestly most of them last year were pretty cool.. to us at least. Many of them came up to our group at several locations and asked us questions about our cars like how much power they were making and how fast they were at the track. As long as you aren't a total reckless idiot, you should be able to get your fun in and not have law issues.
    09' M3 AA Gen 2 Level 2 S/C
    03' Viper Roadster- FBO
    10' X5M
    09' Cayenne GTS
    11' Jaguar XFR
    08' CLS63 AMG
    08' EVO X GSR- FBO
    13' F10 550i M Sport

Past:
    07' C6 Z06
    11' M3 Comp DCT
    10' C63 AMG
    10' SVT Raptor 6.2
    12' BOSS 302
    11' E92 335i
    09' C63 AMG -
    01' C5 Z06- White, FBO+Cam
    11' E92 335is- Sapp Blk
    08' E82 135i- Sapphire Blk
    10' Audi S5 6-Speed
    04' SVT Lightning
    08' E90 335i 6-Speed- Blk
    08' C63 AMG- Blk
    09' CTS-V Sedan- Blk Raven
    06' E60 M5 SMG
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    ^^That's what I figured. It's obviously a very big weekend in the area that brings a LOT of money into the area, so as long as you're not a assbag (like trying to run away from the police instead of pulling over) & have a laundry list of priors, they might not hammer you.

Besides, there's no way it's economically justifiable for them to police EVERY usable highway. If you see the cops slow down & don't try to finish that 60-200 MPH pull.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Found this wich answer a little the corelation with Cd and frontal area

http://www.gtrlife.com/forums/topic/...s-vs-gallardo/

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Well what I learned from that is there is an SAE standard that apparently is being used for calculating the cd and I want to know what MPH they are choosing to calculate it with. I'd love to download this but I'm not paying $24: http://papers.sae.org/690189/

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The reduction of drag in road vehicles has led to increases in the top speed of the vehicle and the vehicle's fuel efficiency, as well as many other performance characteristics, such as handling and acceleration. The two main factors that impact drag are the frontal area of the vehicle and the drag coefficient. The drag coefficient is a unit-less value that denotes how much an object resists movement through a fluid such as water or air.

While designers pay attention to the overall shape of the automobile, they also bear in mind that reducing the frontal area of the shape helps reduce the drag. The combination of drag coefficient and area - drag area - is represented as CdA (or CxA), a multiplication of the Cd value by the area.

The term drag area derives from aerodynamics, where it is the product of some reference area (such as cross-sectional area, total surface area, or similar) and the drag coefficient. In 2003, Car and Driver magazine adopted this metric as a more intuitive way to compare the aerodynamic efficiency of various automobiles.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The math major talk about the drag coefficient being static was completely wrong:

"In general, Click here to enlarge is not an absolute constant for a given body shape. It varies with the speed of airflow (or more generally withReynolds numberClick here to enlarge). A smooth sphere, for example, has a Click here to enlarge that varies from high values for laminar flow to 0.47 for turbulent flow."

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    How much do you think those huge ass aftermarket FMIC impact the Cd on the GTR?
    Negligible or legit?
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Can I say "boner"?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    lol this is pretty funny....

GTR's will get walked...even the 20. UGR isn't $#@!ing around this year...they are even bringing a few TT avents.

Mullet is already ready with his ride and has been playing with a alpha 16 for a bit and it wasn't pretty.

I had told a few friends that they had put down over 2k close to a year ago...you really think that is all they are putting down? lolol

The GTR's are great cars....but will have traction issues...

We do maintenance for the UGR cars in houston, and they all hold up great. If you guys have questions ask away
    Eurocharged Performance
    Tuner of the WORLDS FASTEST E55 - 10.46 @ 134.42
    Tuner of the WORLDS FASTEST C32 - 12.33 @ 115.08

Locations in Houston - Chicago - Boston - DC- Toronto - Hong Kong - South Africa
    Over 30 other dealer locations around the word

Sales@eurocharged.com

Over 7000 customers strong!

Proud tuning partners of Underground Racing!

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jake@Eurocharged.com Click here to enlarge

GTR's will get walked...even the 20. UGR isn't $#@!ing around this year...they are even bringing a few TT avents.

Mullet is already ready with his ride and has been playing with a alpha 16 for a bit and it wasn't pretty.

I had told a few friends that they had put down over 2k close to a year ago...you really think that is all they are putting down? lolol

We do maintenance for the UGR cars in houston, and they all hold up great. If you guys have questions ask away
    I have a few questions.

First of all, do you have any dynos or numbers to show on the Gallardo/Murci work?

UGR recently started offering stock DME tunes. I'm guessing that has something to do with Eurocharged's help with stock DME tuning.

I could use this data which would be to your benefit as I'm wrapping up FerrariBoost.com which is already up in Alpha Stages and LamboBoost.com will be up within the hour. So, the more data you have and pricing info the better for Eurocharged.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I have a few questions.

First of all, do you have any dynos or numbers to show on the Gallardo/Murci work?

UGR recently started offering stock DME tunes. I'm guessing that has something to do with Eurocharged's help with stock DME tuning.

I could use this data which would be to your benefit as I'm wrapping up FerrariBoost.com which is already up in Alpha Stages and LamboBoost.com will be up within the hour. So, the more data you have and pricing info the better for Eurocharged.
    what numbers you looking for? TT or tune?

Yup, should have EC tuning products on their site in the next few weeks

ah nice...good stuff bud!
    Eurocharged Performance

Locations in Houston - Chicago - Boston - DC- Toronto - Hong Kong - South Africa

Sales@eurocharged.com

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jake@Eurocharged.com Click here to enlarge
    what numbers you looking for? TT or tune?

Yup, should have EC tuning products on their site in the next few weeks

ah nice...good stuff bud!
    I would like the tune only data first with pricing.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Kevin is smart,he only reveals the HP numbers he wants the competition to know. Im positive those cars have MUCH more in them,its just a game lol.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by oldgixxer Click here to enlarge
    Kevin is smart,he only reveals the HP numbers he wants the competition to know. Im positive those cars have MUCH more in them,its just a game lol.
    right on the money...
    Eurocharged Performance

Sales@eurocharged.com

Click here to enlarge

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456