Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 34 of 34
  1. #26
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    849
    Rep Points
    176.3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    Yes Reputation No
    The orange Gallardo was back on there today. But it freakn went airborne at the end at crashed. It supposedly flipped like a cartwheel. They are saying it was the chute or some mound of dirt on the track.

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    CA and AZ
    Posts
    237
    Rep Points
    148.7
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    Yes Reputation No
    Thats too bad. Was the driver hurt?

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,425
    Rep Points
    32,105.3
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TaZaM3 Click here to enlarge
    The orange Gallardo was back on there today. But it freakn went airborne at the end at crashed. It supposedly flipped like a cartwheel. They are saying it was the chute or some mound of dirt on the track.
    Damn, terrible news. So it was 200+ when it happened? Is the driver ok?

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    849
    Rep Points
    176.3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    Yes Reputation No
    Yes it was at the stopping zone so 200+ mph. Driver is ok, was walking around thank God. Car has a full cage.

    They are saying it was the chute that caused it.

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,425
    Rep Points
    32,105.3
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TaZaM3 Click here to enlarge
    Yes it was at the stopping zone so 200+ mph. Driver is ok, was walking around thank God. Car has a full cage.

    They are saying it was the chute that caused it.
    Glad to hear the driver is ok, amazing. Can't believe a cage can save someone at 200+.

    How did the chute cause it?

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    CA and AZ
    Posts
    237
    Rep Points
    148.7
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Glad to hear the driver is ok, amazing. Can't believe a cage can save someone at 200+.

    How did the chute cause it?
    The cage saves a number of drivers in NHRA every year at 200+ and 300+ every year. If its constructed properly it will hold up and protect the occupants from major injuries.

    From what I am hearing the chute caused the rear to lift. Once the rear this happens the car could act as wing in the wind depending on the actual down force at the speed.

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,425
    Rep Points
    32,105.3
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mike@MHP Click here to enlarge
    The cage saves a number of drivers in NHRA every year at 200+ and 300+ every year. If its constructed properly it will hold up and protect the occupants from major injuries.
    No doubt, I just figured a cage in a Gallardo would not be up to a Top Fuel level.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mike@MHP Click here to enlarge
    From what I am hearing the chute caused the rear to lift. Once the rear this happens the car could act as wing in the wind depending on the actual down force at the speed.
    Is this just a freak occurrence or due to it not being packed properly?

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Boca Raton FL
    Posts
    1,988
    Rep Points
    48.0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    It was NOT this Gallardo. It was a 2007 Gallardo Superleggera.
    Click here to enlarge

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,614
    Rep Points
    3,236.6
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    33


    Yes Reputation No
    60-130 in 3.5 seconds does not compute my mind, it just doesnt...
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

    Other people eat shit and die.

    I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.


    Click here to enlarge

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •