Mustang GT 5.0 already in the 8's - 8.89@ 148MPH - 1.28 60ft

Well, what can you say? Drag racing a Ford is easy:

Click here to enlarge

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Exactly right, just so easy to do. The Coyote's are proving to be serious performers, and the new Boss has me thinking about buying another Ford at some point. BTW, finally saw a set of Coyote heads, as expected they are nice, better than any other previous 4.6/5.4L modular variant including the GT500 heads. Ports are much straighter, though not on par with either M156/M159 AMG or S65/S86 M/BMWs. I'm still curious as to why they went with a round exhaust port vs ovate, I would take the GT500 exhaust port over the Coyote but that's it.

Huge props to Ford, where Chevy has dominated the N/A battle for the past 17 years (since the LT1 350 v 302 Windsor days, 1993) Ford has stepped up BIGTIME. Having a 624HP TVS blower dealer option that retains factory warranty is also just awesome to see a manufacturer do. Huge props to Ford.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2108 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MHP LLC Click here to enlarge
    BTW, finally saw a set of Coyote heads, as expected they are nice, better than any other previous 4.6/5.4L modular variant including the GT500 heads. Ports are much straighter, though not on par with either M156/M159 AMG or S65/S86 M/BMWs. I'm still curious as to why they went with a round exhaust port vs ovate, I would take the GT500 exhaust port over the Coyote but that's it.
    In one of the latest Road and Track issues they say the Coyote head is the best flowing production V8 head, which I find bogus.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Jesus! in that last run i thought a Jet car was next to him, then realized its just the monsterous s/c. That not bad but they can do better, he was in the "slow" lane Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2108 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    This stupid thing is going to be in the 7's before my car is even back together.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    In one of the latest Road and Track issues they say the Coyote head is the best flowing production V8 head, which I find bogus.
    Has to be a typo, Ford head maybe. It's bull$#@! otherwise. I know that exhaust port doesn't flow 265cfm like a stock GT500/GT head does at .500" lift. It's a nice head but not on par with the German stuff.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    very impressive, and fast too (in terms of time it took from release to this performance point). 24 lbs on that blower is no joke, how built is the engine? curious how much money is put into this project? that tranny kind of dulls it for me, i would want to see what a manual does, kind of like how auto supras at the strip are less enjoyable to watch than a 6-speed.
    Click here to enlarge
    2007 335i Coupe
    Mods: Check the Garage

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    how the $#@! do they build some custom $#@! like that when the car has barely came out like a year ago. my engine has been out for like 3 years now and still nobody has built it or even things to fit for it.

is it cause its american they're all like standard universal components that are always avail?
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2108 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by oddjob2021 Click here to enlarge
    very impressive, and fast too (in terms of time it took from release to this performance point). 24 lbs on that blower is no joke, how built is the engine? curious how much money is put into this project? that tranny kind of dulls it for me, i would want to see what a manual does, kind of like how auto supras at the strip are less enjoyable to watch than a 6-speed.
    I would like to see what it does with a 6 speed as well but it seems they built this thing to record some impressive times at the strip.. which it did.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2108 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    how the $#@! do they build some custom $#@! like that when the car has barely came out like a year ago. my engine has been out for like 3 years now and still nobody has built it or even things to fit for it.

is it cause its american they're all like standard universal components that are always avail?
    It's a Ford, you strap on the blower with masking tape and tune the ecu with a calculator and some speaker wire.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    2618 forged pistons, SS rings, billet 4340 I beams, ARP 2000 7/16" rod bolts/hardware. I think it has Boss cams and probably intake manifold as well.

Because there's more potential to sell a blower kit for a Mustang GT vs any European make it's a fight to market for everyone. It's kind of like Deadliest Catch but no one dies and it's not as cold. Everyone rushes to market and businesses pay big bucks or heavy comps to get prototypes in their shops to fab from as early as possible. Every day counts in that market. Basically much more $ incentive makes the big guys take notice.

I would like to see what it does with a 6 speed as well but it seems they built this thing to record some impressive times at the strip.. which it did.
    Yep, when you're going that quick/fast your best bet is always an auto especially from a durability standpoint. N/A you would have to stick with a manual trans, not enough TQ to turn over a heavy auto like that. We tried a C4 in the 600rwhp N/A 97 Cobra it ate over 80rwhp on the same dyno. 20% my ass LOL. Obviously it was a heavy auto compared to a race built custom T5, but still a ton of power.

It's a Ford, you strap on the blower with masking tape and tune the ecu with a calculator and some speaker wire.
    Sig quote of the year!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MHP LLC Click here to enlarge
    2618 forged pistons, SS rings, billet 4340 I beams, ARP 2000 7/16" rod bolts/hardware. I think it has Boss cams and probably intake manifold as well.
    nice man thanks for the solid info. boss cams, pretty interesting, i was just reading about the 302 in a magazine... they said Ford raised the revs to 7500 for the boss engine, is that why they're using the cams? what does it rev to actually? and what kind of power does it make?
    Click here to enlarge
    2007 335i Coupe
    Mods: Check the Garage

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    lol thats funny...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    LMFAO, that was good. After seeing this, I really do want a new stang GT. I heard they handle amazing now and the power is always there no more "lazy" V8.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2108 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    LMFAO, that was good. After seeing this, I really do want a new stang GT. I heard they handle amazing now and the power is always there no more "lazy" V8.
    Everything Ford is doing is great right now.

The only thing I'm disappointed about is that we aren't getting the new ranger.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    nice man thanks for the solid info. boss cams, pretty interesting, i was just reading about the 302 in a magazine... they said Ford raised the revs to 7500 for the boss engine, is that why they're using the cams? what does it rev to actually? and what kind of power does it make?
    The factory Boss top end makes 440hp in stock trim. In this application I'm sure it's worth significantly more. The combination of shorter straighter intake runners and cams with more duration/lift allow for the motor to breathe up top to a legit 7500rpm.

The largest diff. between coyote heads and those of earlier modular 4v designs is port angles, the coyotes are much more vertical.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The 2011 GT was in the 9's within days of rolling out of the showroom. Was only a matter of time 'til 8s. Impressive results indeed.

When these guys launch too hard and pop a huge wheelie, then lift (or worse, brake) and the front end comes smashing down... it can't be good for anything. I would think it would destroy much of the front suspension, and who knows what else. Anyone know for sure?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2108 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by c32AMG-DTM Click here to enlarge
    When these guys launch too hard and pop a huge wheelie, then lift (or worse, brake) and the front end comes smashing down... it can't be good for anything. I would think it would destroy much of the front suspension, and who knows what else. Anyone know for sure?
    It can definitely cause problems depending on the impact, not sure what happened to the suspension on this car when it popped up.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    That is pretty crazy. Nice find
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Just too funny. LOL! 1.28 60ft is incredible!