Close

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2108 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

1902 wheel horsepower Supra with 90mm turbo tuned by Shane T on C16

I'm going to try to make it so that any time N54 is the new 2JZ is typed that text is replaced with this dynograph. Holy poop, and yes, toyotaboost.com on its way.

Yes, this is all possible due to the nitrous and looking at the graph it looks like nothing nothing nothing nothing then oh $#@! nitrous hang on.

Manual 3.0L, Pro Mod 90mm turbo, nitrous, Motec Systems USA M800, CDI8, SIX ID2000's, C16

1850whp SAE, 1906 uncorrected, 1902 STD correction and 96% duty cycle.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Amazing, but where is the torque curve?
    World Fastest (NA) SLS AMG in a Standing 1/2 Mile
    Trap Speed 254.81 Km/hr

Qatar Mile- NOV, 30th 2013
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2108 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SLS AMG Click here to enlarge
    Amazing, but where is the torque curve?
    It's still spooling.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Any specs on motor? I mean it's E. Kanoo, so I'm sure at this point it is barely still a 2jz. If you are saying it is still 3.0L that holy $#@! that's impressive, I'd expect this to be a completely new billet bottom end, and well completely new billet everything and stroked out to 3.6 or something big. Crazy impressive nonetheless.

Here's a video for people that don't know E Kanoo. @Sticky I hear he's going to ditch the 2jz's though and starting putting in N54's.... Click here to enlarge

2009 335i coupe back to stock...for now

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2108 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I have no clue who E. Kanoo is but I do know that I want 1900 wheel horsepower.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Well, that video will give you a pretty good idea. I'm not sure which of his supra's (if his at all) was the 1902 whp, but I know he has a couple 2000whp+ supras
    2009 335i coupe back to stock...for now

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Sticky,

you are missing 1 point. N54/55 are not cast iron as that of 2JZ.

N54/55 block cannot handle that much power, a billet N54 /55 block has to be produced tol hold so much power.
    E36 M3 Euro TT 60-130 mph 4.49 s
    E46 M3 3.6L TT 60-130 mph 4.22 s
    All Wheel drive M3 Twin Turbo
    997 TT

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    He is an enthusiast, a very well known person in Supra world, owns his own racing team, holds records as well.
    E36 M3 Euro TT 60-130 mph 4.49 s
    E46 M3 3.6L TT 60-130 mph 4.22 s
    All Wheel drive M3 Twin Turbo
    997 TT

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)

The BMW motor is such a more impressive motor than that Toyota motor in every way.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    The BMW motor is such a more impressive motor than that Toyota motor in every way.
    You can't be serious. When it has achieved something remotely close to the dozens of things the 2jz has already done like pump gas 8 second passes, then I'll buy into that.
    Because racecar.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The N54 has done nothing to impress me yet. 2jz power is a cheap proposition, I've had a few 2jz swap cars, I don't see anybody N54 swapping anything.
    I've not even seen a 10 or 9 second N54 pass.
    Because racecar.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by boostedmaserati Click here to enlarge
    You can't be serious. When it has achieved something remotely close to the dozens of things the 2jz has already done like pump gas 8 second passes, then I'll buy into that.
    Yes I am DEAD SERIOUS. When the N54 has been around as long as the 2J (23 years now), come back and lets talk 8 second passes and records. This motor is in its infancy stage. The technology this motor uses, from the injection system to the efficiency of the combustion process, etc. Are light years ahead of that old school Toyota motor. As the person above said, to get a anywhere near 2000 hp out of it, the motor is no longer a 2JZ its a billet copy of it. Once parts like that are available for the N54 or its variants(N55, S55, Etc) including cast iron, and closed deck blocks. The I6 3L game will be changed. The S55 very well may be the starting platform for this as it comes closed deck, but time will tell. Great the 2J makes huge power 23 years after it came out and every imaginable part is available for it. We don't even have a proper fuel system for the N5X motors yet, and people are already comparing them. The 2J is a great motor, but its old tech. Show me a 750 WHP 2JZ on the stock injectors, stock fuel pump, and stock internals.. I will wait, go ahead.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Disagree about the fuel system, that is the weak link of the motor to me. Di is not easily upgradable where you can just swap I'm some 1600cc injectors and forget about it. It makes the motor dirty and is a hassle for tuning.
    In 22 years this motor will be nothing more than a fast bolt on motors and that's all it will ever be. I put money on it. To mention this motor in the same breath as a 2jz at this point in its life is laughable. Can this motor be solid? Sure. But at the end of the day it's an open deck direct injected motor.
    It's gonna take tons of money, and let's be honest when you say it's a billet copy....
    What motor isn't built at 1800hp. Are you serious? If you're gonna tell me somebody is gonna put one of these in the 8s on a stock block I'm prepared to say that is stupid. Hell the 4g63 is ancient but I personally know the owner of a stock block 8 second DSM.
    New technology doesn't always mean better sir.
    Because racecar.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    As the person above said, to get a anywhere near 2000 hp out of it, the motor is no longer a 2JZ its a billet copy of it. Once parts like that are available for the N54 or its variants(N55, S55, Etc) including cast iron, and closed deck blocks. The I6 3L game will be changed. The S55 very well may be the starting platform for this as it comes closed deck, but time will tell. Great the 2J makes huge power 23 years after it came out and every imaginable part is available for it. We don't even have a proper fuel system for the N5X motors yet, and people are already comparing them. The 2J is a great motor, but its old tech. Show me a 750 WHP 2JZ on the stock injectors, stock fuel pump, and stock internals.. I will wait, go ahead.
    How is that different than building a motor with aftermarket internals and saying it's no longer the same motor? You're talking about a whole new block
    Because racecar.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    . Show me a 750 WHP 2JZ on the stock injectors, stock fuel pump, and stock internals.. I will wait, go ahead.
    From Supra forums, who cares about stock fueling when it's not impossible to upgrade

People have gone higher than 800 on stock cams and intake, as well as stock everything else in the longblock assembly - 'valve covers to oil pan'

Of course, they use a larger turbo than would normally be needed for 800hp and run pretty crazy boost pressures on whatever exotic fuel they chose to achieve that kind of HP.

IIRC the record for stock cams and intake manifold is mid 9's in the high 140's.
    Because racecar.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by boostedmaserati Click here to enlarge
    Disagree about the fuel system, that is the weak link of the motor to me. Di is not easily upgradable where you can just swap I'm some 1600cc injectors and forget about it. It makes the motor dirty and is a hassle for tuning.
    In 22 years this motor will be nothing more than a fast bolt on motors and that's all it will ever be. I put money on it. To mention this motor in the same breath as a 2jz at this point in its life is laughable. Can this motor be solid? Sure. But at the end of the day it's an open deck direct injected motor.
    It's gonna take tons of money, and let's be honest when you say it's a billet copy....
    What motor isn't built at 1800hp. Are you serious? If you're gonna tell me somebody is gonna put one of these in the 8s on a stock block I'm prepared to say that is stupid. Hell the 4g63 is ancient but I personally know the owner of a stock block 8 second DSM.
    New technology doesn't always mean better sir.
    You cant be serious man? Join the 21st century, yes the DI is the weak link, PI is the way to go. Well tell that to GM, and everyone else going to DI because well its just plain more efficient, and allows you to run high compression and high boost. 2JZ blah blah blah. Come back after the N5X's have a full compliment of engine and fuel parts available for them, until then, you are trying to compare a motor in its infancy stage to one of the most modded engines on the planet. I guess that makes sense in some peoples brains, but not the ones actually thinking clearly. Good day sir. Subscriptions turned off for this thread, I can see the black hole this is going down. Enjoy the hours you spend here defending your beloved 2J.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Di is used for fuel economy and that's it. I'm not defending my motor, as I wouldn't call the 2jz my favorite motor.
    Just because it's modern doesn't mean it's best. I prefer old school technology. Did the S65 or S85 run Di? No. So they are dinosaurs? No.
    I hope to be proven wrong, we will see. I wouldn't count on it.
    Because racecar.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Don't think I'm bashing your motor Vargas, to me this is a constructive debate.
    Also the mclaren mp412c is awful awesome...
    And it runs standard injection Click here to enlarge
    Because racecar.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2108 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Di is used for fuel economy and that's it. I'm not defending my motor, as I wouldn't call the 2jz my favorite motor.
    Just because it's modern doesn't mean it's best. I prefer old school technology. Did the S65 or S85 run Di? No. So they are dinosaurs? No.
    I hope to be proven wrong, we will see. I wouldn't count on it.
    OMG someone who knows what they are saying.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2108 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mjmarovi Click here to enlarge
    Any specs on motor? I mean it's E. Kanoo, so I'm sure at this point it is barely still a 2jz. If you are saying it is still 3.0L that holy $#@! that's impressive, I'd expect this to be a completely new billet bottom end, and well completely new billet everything and stroked out to 3.6 or something big. Crazy impressive nonetheless.

Here's a video for people that don't know E Kanoo. @Sticky I hear he's going to ditch the 2jz's though and starting putting in N54's.... Click here to enlarge

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYUSPkssfIY
    Was about to watch this but it's 12 freaking minutes long. Who this guy think he is? George Lucas? Spielberg?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2108 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Twinturbom3 Click here to enlarge
    Sticky,

you are missing 1 point. N54/55 are not cast iron as that of 2JZ.

N54/55 block cannot handle that much power, a billet N54 /55 block has to be produced tol hold so much power.
    You've got to be kidding me man.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    OMG someone who knows what they are saying.
    Lol thank you sir
    Because racecar.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2108 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Disagree about the fuel system, that is the weak link of the motor to me.
    Exactly right.

The S65 is about to make the N54 looks like a child's toy and it's been on the market for less time...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Exactly right.

The S65 is about to make the N54 looks like a child's toy and it's been on the market for less time...
    Have a beer on me, my point exactly!
    Because racecar.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Not to mention much more reliable
    Because racecar.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast