Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

Is it worth tuning a e350 Coupe?

Hello Everyone! Happy New Years!

I have a 2011 E350 Coupe which i have done several cosmetic mods to so the car looks pretty sweet and fast. however the problem is its not as fast as it looks Click here to enlarge
    So the million dollar question is: Is it worth Tuning a E 350 (V6 engine)? and if so what can i do to get the most HP return on investment?

all suggestions are welcomed!

Also i purchased the car this past Nov and the car is a CPO with 40k miles on it...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    http://www.renntechmercedes.com/www/catalog/325

That's about all I could really find. Just DD it and go score an AMG for your tuning/date car!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

contact me for tuning we offer a few tunes at the best prices and offer renntech at the lowest prices!

undercoverperformanceinc@gmail.com
    max

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Unless you want to trade it in for an AMG model of some sort you might as well tune it and get some more out of it.

I moved this to the M276 V6 section. You'll notice not a whole lot of love for this motor.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    A trade for a E550 with the m278 V8. Tuning that would yield much better numbers. And it starts at upper 300's wheel with 400lb-ft of torque

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DFM Click here to enlarge
    A trade for a E550 with the m278 V8. Tuning that would yield much better numbers. And it starts at upper 300's wheel with 400lb-ft of torque
    I don't think a trade is necessarily the option here.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I mean I love the Car and just got it in Nov so trading it in for something else at the moment just isn't practical. Ive done Many cosmetic mods to it as i mentioned before in my initial post so it looks sleek.. but i was just trying to see if its even worth tuning this engine... or if i should just leave it "All Show"

Im a new MB owner so parts and aftermarket tuning manufactures are all new to me so im just not sure whats a good exhaust system to go with or if its worth changing air intake filters etc... it sucks because i would even contemplate a blower or turbo if it made sense but im trying to avoid voiding my CPO warranty.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Realestatepro82 Click here to enlarge
    it sucks because i would even contemplate a blower or turbo if it made sense but im trying to avoid voiding my CPO warranty.
    Unfortuantely you don't have any supercharger or turbo options. Your best bet is bolt ons like an exhaust, intake, and tune.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Unfortuantely you don't have any supercharger or turbo options. Your best bet is bolt ons like an exhaust, intake, and tune.
    Man that sucks... Click here to enlarge

Guess im gonna have to stick to basic bolt on options...But whats a Decent / good exhaust that's not gonna cost me 3k... was looking at Intakes but wasnt sure if K&N was a good option or if there are other options that are better... Are there any places here in FL that do decent tunes?
    Carlos A.K.A "Mista Los"
    2011 Designo Magno Cashmere White E-350 Coupe
    20" Staggered Concave XO Caracas Luxury Wheels

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Realestatepro82 Click here to enlarge
    Man that sucks... Click here to enlarge

Guess im gonna have to stick to basic bolt on options...But whats a Decent / good exhaust that's not gonna cost me 3k... was looking at Intakes but wasnt sure if K&N was a good option or if there are other options that are better... Are there any places here in FL that do decent tunes?
    I think you'll have to go with Eisenmann as I don't know if anyone else has anything. Maybe Renntech? @m54b25

For the intake you'll probably just be changing the filter so yes K&N is fine.

As far as Florida, you're in Renntech territory definitely look into them.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I think you'll have to go with Eisenmann as I don't know if anyone else has anything. Maybe Renntech? @m54b25

For the intake you'll probably just be changing the filter so yes K&N is fine.

As far as Florida, you're in Renntech territory definitely look into them.
    Cool! I really appreciate the insight... like i said this is my first Benz that i've modded... so never really focused on researching aftermarket parts...

By the way, Im really liking BenzBoost! Ive signed up for 3 other forums and no one replies or comments on any posts on the other 2 forums... honestly i dont even know why they read the threads if they dont plan on sharing their 2 cents... Just saying i think ive finally found the forum where i will be posting from now on!
    Carlos A.K.A "Mista Los"

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Cool! I really appreciate the insight... like i said this is my first Benz that i've modded... so never really focused on researching aftermarket parts...

By the way, Im really liking BenzBoost! Ive signed up for 3 other forums and no one replies or comments on any posts on the other 2 forums... honestly i dont even know why they read the threads if they dont plan on sharing their 2 cents... Just saying i think ive finally found the forum where i will be posting from now on!
    Well users here take more of an active interest and hands on approach. Some other forums are bigger but the quality is far lower.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

My friend I have and haved owned many MB's. Your V6 really will NOT see a difference with a tune. If you really want one, try Eurocharged as they are VERY reasonable and GREAT at what they do.

Now for that K/N thing, one word DON'T. PM me for the reason why. As I have a VERY good reason why I can't post it.

Enjoy the ride, and if you want a sick MB, go AMG. Above all else Please don't badge it an AMG.

Good lcuk my friend.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I just read about a tune that may help you out a bit. This car has the 302 horsepower direct injected motor right? Just trying to determine if you have the M272 or M276.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Well users here take more of an active interest and hands on approach. Some other forums are bigger but the quality is far lower.
    Oh quit sucking up, we already know your place is the best my friendClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    This is for the M272 engine but you can expect similar horsepower gaints to this: http://www.benzboost.com/content.php...eel-horsepower

So you have Renntech, BrenTuning, or @Jake@Eurocharged.com that have tunes for this motor.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mramg1 Click here to enlarge

Enjoy the ride, and if you want a sick MB, go AMG. Above all else Please don't badge it an AMG.

Good lcuk my friend.
    Click here to enlarge I would NEVER do such a thing! Honestly I laugh at people that do that... Actually i De-badged my car so it has no badges of any kind on there! Nice and stealth! lol
    Carlos A.K.A "Mista Los"

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Honestly i know this is a NOOB answer and probably a ignorant answer but all i know is that i have a 2011 E-350 Coupe with the AMG appearance package... I know the paint was a customer order (Designer Cashmere White with a Matte Finish) but thats about all i know i have no clue which engine i have... i guess thats the first thing i need to find out... where can i locate that information?
    Carlos A.K.A "Mista Los"

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Honestly i know this is a NOOB answer and probably a ignorant answer but all i know is that i have a 2011 E-350 Coupe with the AMG appearance package... I know the paint was a customer order (Designer Cashmere White with a Matte Finish) but thats about all i know i have no clue which engine i have... i guess thats the first thing i need to find out... where can i locate that information?
    Well I think you have the M276 as it debuted in 2010. There is nothing in your manual or the papers you were given that says what the horsepower output of the car is?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The e350 doesn't have many ecu tuning options.. ike everyone else said... bolt ons for the most effect.