Close

Results 1 to 24 of 24
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,426
    Rep Points
    32,107.4
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No

    G-Power sets a new BMW M3 top speed record with a 209.775 mile per hour run in their SKII supercharged E92 M3

    Congratulations to G-Power for setting a new M3 top speed speed record and breaking their own record of 333.1 km/h (206.979 mph) with a 337.6 km/h (209.775 mph) run. The speed is measured by a VBOX as shown in the video below and appears to have been done in Germany on the autobahn. It definitely is quite nice that the Germans can simply take to their local highway to set a top speed record whereas if someone attempted this in the USA they would be put in prison for life after being hunted down by the National Guard, Air Force, a dozen drones, and a Swat Team.

    Politics, overreactions, and stupid regional laws aside congratulations to G-Power on taking an M3 equipped with their bolt on SKII supercharger kit and raising the bar. 209.775 miles per hour is very fast and that makes this the fastest recorded top speed for an M3.

    It will be interesting to see how long G-Power is able to retain this record for or if anyone intends to challenge them.

    Click here to enlarge




  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    748
    Rep Points
    1,054.4
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    11


    Yes Reputation No
    Its a wonder the car did not break apart, this is nuts.
    2015 F82 M4 - DCT - YMB
    2008 E90 335xi - AT - TSM

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    171
    Rep Points
    142.0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    Yes Reputation No
    That is quite amazing to hit 209 @ 610hp. Click here to enlarge
    Last edited by IMHOWTFFTW; 12-19-2013 at 04:20 PM. Reason: spelling

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,426
    Rep Points
    32,107.4
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by IMHOWTFFTW Click here to enlarge
    That is quite amazing to hit 209 @ 610hp. Click here to enlarge
    I have a feeling boost was cranked up a little and some race fuel was used.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,426
    Rep Points
    32,107.4
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Irishace Click here to enlarge
    Its a wonder the car did not break apart, this is nuts.
    Why would it break apart?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    171
    Rep Points
    142.0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    Yes Reputation No
    Laws of physics say so Click here to enlarge



    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I have a feeling boost was cranked up a little and some race fuel was used.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    278
    Rep Points
    146.2
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    Yes Reputation No
    Congratulations G-Power.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    369
    Rep Points
    442.3
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5


    Yes Reputation No
    That's really really fast. I really want to see your car at the TX mile Sticksters

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    761
    Rep Points
    380.2
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4


    Yes Reputation No
    wow and amazing you forgot STICKY NSA would of been on their ass and OBAMA would of asked him "easy brother dont believe the hype!!!" jajajajaj

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    507
    Rep Points
    257.5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    Yes Reputation No
    Not to mention the national guard, police or swat would not be able to spike strip that car or keep up with their "Awesome" vehicles!

    1151 humvee 0-60 to 21 seconds!

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Harrisburg
    Posts
    1,281
    Rep Points
    1,527.3
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    16


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by onisyndicate Click here to enlarge
    Not to mention the national guard, police or swat would not be able to spike strip that car or keep up with their "Awesome" vehicles!

    1151 humvee 0-60 to 21 seconds!
    I have two words for you:

    helicoptors
    radios
    Eppur si muove.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,426
    Rep Points
    32,107.4
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by onurleft Click here to enlarge
    That's really really fast. I really want to see your car at the TX mile Sticksters
    Ok but I think this top speed record is well within reach.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Bergen County, NJ
    Posts
    17
    Rep Points
    44.1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Now that guy has balls
    2012 335is FBO Protune. E92 M3 soon Click here to enlarge

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,590
    Rep Points
    2,018.0
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    21


    Yes Reputation No
    That's impressive - very impressive. It was still slowly climbing when he left off - I am guessing he had another 5-10 MPH in that? 210 MPH BMW M3 - that's nuts.

    Compared to an E46 M3, I think the E90/2 is much more stable/solid at high speed. I am comfortable in the 140-150 range - and would not say the same about my E46. It's a good car.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,590
    Rep Points
    2,018.0
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    21


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ajm8127 Click here to enlarge
    I have two words for you:

    helicoptors
    radios
    lol - true, however that's if you get spotted AND they have a helicopter already in the air. I would guess that a highway patrol seeing a car fly past them at 200+ MPH would not pursue a chase just because of the sheer nonsense of it. Chasing someone going 200+*MPH is only going to increase risk to other people - and I am hoping most police wouldn't chase.

    You are right on the radio though - but it would be pretty hard for a cop to grab the license plate of a 200 MPH M3 Click here to enlarge

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    839
    Rep Points
    771.6
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    8


    Yes Reputation No
    Easily done in the USA. Just sign up for the Texas Mile.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Harrisburg
    Posts
    1,281
    Rep Points
    1,527.3
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    16


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by inlineS54B32 Click here to enlarge
    lol - true, however that's if you get spotted AND they have a helicopter already in the air. I would guess that a highway patrol seeing a car fly past them at 200+ MPH would not pursue a chase just because of the sheer nonsense of it. Chasing someone going 200+*MPH is only going to increase risk to other people - and I am hoping most police wouldn't chase.

    You are right on the radio though - but it would be pretty hard for a cop to grab the license plate of a 200 MPH M3 Click here to enlarge
    You are right. If you just flew by in a blur at 200 MPH the cop would have a reduced chance at nailing you.

    I was thinking more of a high speed chase scenario, bit you are right again in that police don't give chase with cars when the speeds are that high, and it's not like you just jump in a helicopter, fire it up and take off like a passenger car.

    I really doubt they would just let you get away without at least trying to catch you. That's when the radios come in. They don't necessarily need a plate, just a description. And if you do get caught, I think in some states you go directly to jail for going that fast. Do not pass Go. Do not collect $200.

    However, all you need to do is scout out a section of highway with another car to make sure it's clear (of cops and other cars - you don't want to kill anyone). The cover of darkness always helps as well as knowing your exits.
    Eppur si muove.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,426
    Rep Points
    32,107.4
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BigM62 Click here to enlarge
    Easily done in the USA. Just sign up for the Texas Mile.
    That's not a top speed run it's a mile sprint.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    507
    Rep Points
    257.5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ajm8127 Click here to enlarge
    I have two words for you:

    helicoptors
    radios
    Helicopter can't stop me and I can jam a radio!

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,590
    Rep Points
    2,018.0
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    21


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ajm8127 Click here to enlarge
    You are right. If you just flew by in a blur at 200 MPH the cop would have a reduced chance at nailing you.

    I was thinking more of a high speed chase scenario, bit you are right again in that police don't give chase with cars when the speeds are that high, and it's not like you just jump in a helicopter, fire it up and take off like a passenger car.

    I really doubt they would just let you get away without at least trying to catch you. That's when the radios come in. They don't necessarily need a plate, just a description. And if you do get caught, I think in some states you go directly to jail for going that fast. Do not pass Go. Do not collect $200.

    However, all you need to do is scout out a section of highway with another car to make sure it's clear (of cops and other cars - you don't want to kill anyone). The cover of darkness always helps as well as knowing your exits.
    Yeah, you are right... I usually either do my high speed runs early in the morning (like 4a) when no one is around, or when no one is around in general/randomly. I wouldn't want to get nailed doing 200 MPH - I am sure depending on the officer, your name would be pasted all over the paper/television/etc. - wouldn't be good...

    I am not sure what reminded me of this, but I used to go to school (high school) with this really crazy kid. He had a minivan that was somehow very quick (I am not sure what he did to mod it, but it was quick). He would drive around town blowing stop signs - but would flip off his headlights before he intersected the streets. I am still not sure to this day what ever happened with him - but I remember thinking he was going to kill himself and anyone that got in his way. Point is, these are the people that deserve to go to jail/get in serious trouble/etc. - as they have absolutely no regard for human life. Driving a minivan at 70 MPH without headlights in a residential zone is one thing... Driving 200 MPH in a properly built M3 is a whole 'nother story. Explaining either of the situations to a police officer?? LOL - good luck with that. Click here to enlarge

    Cheers

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Harrisburg
    Posts
    1,281
    Rep Points
    1,527.3
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    16


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by onisyndicate Click here to enlarge
    Helicopter can't stop me and I can jam a radio!
    LOL, I would be thoroughly impressed if you could jam a modern law enforcement wireless system. This is not citizen band radio anymore. These are sophisticated digital radios operating with robust modulation schemes specifically designed to be able to operate in noisy RF environments. Jamming the radios would likely get you in a lot more trouble than driving 200 mph.

    A wise man once told me only break one law at a time.
    Eppur si muove.

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    818
    Posts
    253
    Rep Points
    235.6
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    Yes Reputation No
    I met some cools cops in my area who let me in on a secret... They won't pursue if you doing 130+ mph. Just because they then endanger themselves and others.
    08 328i, totaled by women driver
    07 335i, lots of mods.
    Now- 14 Focus ST
    Click here to enlarge

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    507
    Rep Points
    257.5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ajm8127 Click here to enlarge
    A wise man once told me only break one law at a time.
    In light of the NSA watching Everything I will not answer your statement! It can be done but it'd involved stealing military spec equipment and then wiring it up into a m3 and then still being able to do 200+ miles an hour and with that added weight i don't think the car would be as "efficient" then. Click here to enlarge

    Wise men say, forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for late pizza! Michelangelo from TNMT! Click here to enlarge

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    DC/MD/VA
    Posts
    134
    Rep Points
    137.6
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    Yes Reputation No
    Wow congrats! That's very impressive

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •